The Crew: Motorfest

Giga Chad

The Crew Motorfest announced for PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One, PC, and  Luna - Gematsu

The Crew Motorfest

The Crew Motorfest announced as Ubisoft's "one-of-a-kind car festival"

The game will be set in Hawaii

A Giga Chad is the kind of man who inspires others to be better, do better, and live better.

Not expecting too much that's different from The Crew 2 since its also coming out on last gen consoles, but glad to see a new title in the series. Interesting that they've decided to keep aircraft and boats, they never seemed that popular in TC2.

• Like 3

_M0arHnLDgFT.png

The Crew: Motorfest is set in Hawaii? That reminds me of the first Test Drive Unlimited, another game set in Hawaii (specifically, the Oahu island), and whose developers went to work on The Crew. Kind of a fitting bookend, to be honest. I think Motorfest is gonna be a glorified standalone expansion pack to The Crew 2.

And I wonder if they'll introduce offline play this time around? I expect that they won't, considering that TC1 and TC2 were online-only games, but it would be nice if the offline option is there.

Edited by Ivan1997GTA
  • Like 2

Title suggest a bit that The Crew would like to enter Forza Horizon territory a bit, with some kind of festival with cars? 

Hawaii seems a bit small in comparison to whole USA from previous The Crew, but it indeed may be standalone title, working as a bridge between TC2 and TC3. We'll see how it plays, but so far it looks nice.

• Like 2

Going to Oahu screams them trying ride some TDU nostalgia tbh.

Thing is, TC's big thing was the map, being able to cruise from city to city, past/through the famous landmarks, etc. The map was never the issue, it was always everything else, and while I do have nostalgia for Oahu from TDU1 and 2 they could've chosen a million different locations instead of this one specific one. I would at leastexpect that it's 1:1 scale, cause if not then the shift to Oahu is even more pointless.

I'm hopeful it's good cause I'm still waiting for a true TDU replacement but yea, caution with this one. Seems to be trying to cash in on TDU nostalgia with a map change that feels like a step back for the series, but they will no doubt not fix the major issues with The Crew such as handling, progression, grind, etc. These games should be putting the cars and map at the forefront of the experience but instead treat those two things as the dressing to the meat which is a progression grind.

• Like 3

On 2/1/2023 at 8:20 AM, AC Schnitzer said:

Title suggest a bit that The Crew would like to enter Forza Horizon territory a bit, with some kind of festival with cars? 

That's exactly what I was thinking. They're going for that Horizon theme which is tired as f*ck. Also, the setting might be a nod to TDU 2. 

But Hawaii is big enough that I expect like Jason said it would be close to 1:1 scale as well. It's 150k from one side to the other. 

Not impressed by the fact that it's coming out on old gen hardware either. It's also going to be a live service game. Meh, I don't care much for live service games, really. It's like old TV to me. I don't want to be waiting for content, or going to some developer/publisher release schedule. I prefer to engage in games on my time. And that means content being there. 

• Like 2

It's not 1:1 from what I read the other day. Could still be a huge map nevertheless, but again, a big appeal of The Crew was the roadtrip feel of travelling from and to these major US cities and landmarks. I loved TDU's map, bot Oahu and Ibiza, but there's absolutely no need to revisit those places and it worries me that they felt it right to scrap their big selling point in favour of revisiting TDU's map over a million other places they could've done.

And yea, cross-gen just makes me think that this game was delayed to sh*t. I know it's an open world racer and as a result is pretty easily scalable but if you're launching a cross-gen service game in 2023 then you're basically saying you're going to be supporting PS4/XB1 until 2025+, which is a scary thought.

• Like 2

The fact that this game's setting is on Oahu is the only thing that has me interested on it, as I spent so much time driving around Oahu in Test Drive Unlimited 1 back on my PS2, but I will wait for actual gameplay videos before getting hyped because if the driving physics are hot garbage like the other games were, then I won't be interested at all.

Edited by Pedinhuh
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

Anyone else playing this on PS5? It’s pretty fun I just hate the grind.

• 6 months later...
LongHairedFreakyGuy
On 11/6/2023 at 6:58 PM, Erased said:

Damn, I guess I’m the only one playing 🤣💀

I purchased the top edition of this game because of all the marketing and the hype behind it, and due to the fact I'd grown tired of FH5 by this point and needed something new to fill the void. I really did enjoy the opening few hours of the game, but after that, it's safe to say I was playing the game less and less as the weeks went by, to the point I think I've loaded it up once in the last month. I used to enjoy firing up Forza Horizon and blasting through the playlist each week, but that doesn't mean I want a whole game built upon a playlist, and no campaign mode. It's a shame really, because apart from the lack of SP content, the game itself is pretty decent, from the map itself to the cars.

Purely Live Service racing games are doomed from the start, and this game will just be rendered useless in a couple years time.

• Realistic Steak! 3