Jump to content
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Drug Wars
      2. Updates
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Blood Money
      2. Frontier Pursuits
      3. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      4. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. Bugs*
      2. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Classic GTA SA
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Classic GTA VC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Classic GTA III
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

    2. Forum Support

    3. Suggestions

What happens with GTA 1 and GTA 2 from Rockstar side?


Ondr4H
 Share

Recommended Posts

Im seriosly curious, becuase they used to give these games for free for long time, now rockstar act like these games doesnt exist at all.

 

I have all these games on my HDD, but why they are not selling them anywhere, or better port them on mobiles is pretty weird. They dont even have licensed soundtrack if I remember. All these song are rockstar made.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NightmanCometh96
1 hour ago, Ondr4H said:

Im seriosly curious, becuase they used to give these games for free for long time, now rockstar act like these games doesnt exist at all.

 

I have all these games on my HDD, but why they are not selling them anywhere, or better port them on mobiles is pretty weird. They dont even have licensed soundtrack if I remember. All these song are rockstar made.

It's probably a mix of:

  1. The fact that the 2D games are so radically different from GTA III and beyond; even Chinatown Wars feels closer to the the modern GTA formula despite the top-down camera.
  2. Compatibility issues with modern hardware (more so than even the unmodded OG Trilogy on PC). They could probably just put them on GOG and bundle them with something like DOSBox or dgVoodoo2 to address these problems, but read the next point:
  3. Rockstar's vehement disdain towards revisiting old games (in-house) that aren't GTA V and their "all hands on deck, always on to the next thing" work ethic.

That said, I could see the PS1 versions being added to PS5 via Playstation Plus Premium. It doesn't seem like R*/T2 are entirely against rereleasing an old game if a worse, modern equivalent is not on the market (*COUGH* the Defective Editions *COUGH*). GTA 1 was included on the PS Classic, after all (although Sony used the 50hz PAL version, even on NTSC units, so it runs like complete garbage).

Edited by NightmanCometh96
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nah nah nah Gta 6

nothing lol

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, NightmanCometh96 said:

It's probably a mix of:

  1. The fact that the 2D games are so radically different from GTA III and beyond; even Chinatown Wars feels closer to the the modern GTA formula despite the top-down camera.
  2. Compatibility issues with modern hardware (more so than even the unmodded OG Trilogy on PC). They could probably just put them on GOG and bundle them with something like DOSBox or dgVoodoo2 to address these problems, but read the next point:
  3. Rockstar's vehement disdain towards revisiting old games (in-house) that aren't GTA V and their "all hands on deck, always on to the next thing" work ethic.

That said, I could see the PS1 versions being added to PS5 via Playstation Plus Premium. It doesn't seem like R*/T2 are entirely against rereleasing an old game if a worse, modern equivalent is not on the market (*COUGH* the Defective Editions *COUGH*). GTA 1 was included on the PS Classic, after all (although Sony used the 50hz PAL version, even on NTSC units, so it runs like complete garbage).

I played GTA 2 and GTA London recently and I dont get any problem running it. If it was some patched version I dont know .

 

GTA 2 was my first gta on computer and gta 1 first gta ever played, so this makes me sad a lot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Ondr4H said:

All these song are rockstar made.

Not all though. A number of tracks are from the Moving Shadow label.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, kobeni said:

Not all though. A number of tracks are from the Moving Shadow label.

Interesting, never heard of this. Thanks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.