Crash in Mission "Customs Fast Track"

dimogiannis74826

dimogiannis74826

I don't know if this forum can help with the PS2 GTA SA. I have a problem in the Mission "Customs Fast Track". Every time, after I find the car and kill the enemies, as soon as I drive off and get to the road, it freezes. I've tried many times and also tried going a different way, but it still doesn't work. Well, the DVD is over 10 years old, and so is the PS2, and there are some scratches, but I thought being able to get this far into the game with it working would be a good sign. I know the mission is optional, but I'm trying to do everything so I can get 100%. If anybody can help, I will be very grateful. If not, that's okay. Thanks in advance.

dimogiannis74826

Sorry, but I'm quite new. How do I uplaod a PS2 save file onto PC?

Edited by dimogiannis74826

5 hours ago, dimogiannis74826 said:

How do I uplaod a PS2 save file onto PC?

Well.. I'm not PS player but it must be a CABLE/ADAPTER to connect from PS to PC.. According to my little search yes.. there is an adapter.. 😉

https://www.amazon.com/Controller-Adapter-Converter-Compatible-Playstation-2/dp/B00FBM3F72   

Just connect it and try to locate the file.. 🙂

6 hours ago, dimogiannis74826 said:

How do I uplaod a PS2 save file onto PC?

The hardware adapter is of little use. IIRC, it could convert PS2 saves to a a backwards-compatible PS3. I used AR-Max (cheat device software) to copy PS2 saves to a USB device, but it's hard to find a USB compatible version, and even harder to find a compatible FAT32 thumb drive. Codebreaker had better software and hardware compatibility, but it's nearly impossible to find cheat device software anymore. McBoot(?) offers network file transfers, and is probably the best modern option. It's a boot loader installed on a memory card, and since memory cards for PS2 are never cheap, neither is the software.

I would expect a replacement DVD to be the cheaper option, but if you do manage to upload your save to GTASnP.com then I should be able to embed a script that will auto-complete this mission. Hopefully that works because I'm not looking forward to getting my PS2 setup working well enough to play test again.

I can find no reports of a problem similar to yours, which suggests there's an issue with the hardware. Can you copy all data from the DVD to the HDD of your PC, or otherwise test the integrity of the disk? Disks can be buffed, never tried it. I have opened my old fatty a few times to clean out the gunk that accumulates in the disk drive. Got a used game store nearby? 

Beyond this, it doesn't make too much since to track down what the problem might be as there's not much you can do about it. 

• Like 2

On 12/30/2022 at 7:50 PM, dimogiannis74826 said:

I'm trying to do everything so I can get 100%

It seems OrionSR guided you to access your PS and i found a similar progress savefile at GTASnP.. Why don't you download this file put it into your directory and test it?

https://gtasnp.com/3DXWxC