Los Santos Drug Wars: Character Speculation & Discussion

MGgames100

These characters seem highly underutilized. Luchadora is so interesting, but her whole presence in the dlc seems to be nothing beyond a few comments and an interesting intro with Ron. Would've loved to have seen her serve more of a purpose, maybe have abilities we could call her for. Same for Lab Rat. We see him a few times, but end up getting Mutt as our cook later on. Why are there even two characters here? I feel like having Lab Rat cook for us would've made his character much more relevant. As it is now neither Mutt nor Lab Rat are that interesting.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2022 at 6:25 AM, Crateman said:

f820407d0c3fa8bd4c967985edadd2de.jpg

All My attention is for this lady (not horny intended) 

She looks like a solid character to me, hopefully she is involved in the dlc...

When you realize she meant to represent GTAO players:prismkek:

1 hour ago, PreciousWall said:

When you realize she meant to represent GTAO players:prismkek:

Very sad moment :cringekek:

• KekCringe 1

On 12/8/2022 at 9:14 PM, Rev. Gnash said:

That's not a dingus.

That's a didgeridoo.

20221213-130107.jpg

Well, I got that sh*t wrong. 🤣

It saddens me, to be honest with you. It also annoys me to constantly have to fu... complain! And by that I do not mean that pack of aspiring rect... parasites, whose leader I felt the need, and that in itself certainly is capricious, to neutralise in the opening instances. It is about this holiday event's lack of depth. Albeit avoiding rivalries, including with teenagers miserably keen on disturbing whatever and whomever they can, by linking collectables to uncommon types of limited goods deliveries, and I was there to experience the previous iteration of parachuted crates, in this expandable (deeper snow, occasional snowstorms, additional snow activities such as at least a snowsled) but nevertheless appealing winter atmosphere there seems to be little to nothing constructive. Not in destroying snowmen or snowfigures, not in having to use lethal force in order to stop the "Grinch" equivalent and neither in having to comparably neutralise a group of criminals on a rooftop with close to no background information provided and, unless I am missing something, seemingly without having had any previous experience with them. The person or persons who author this kind of dumbed down content, are they unwilling to or incapable of feeling ashamed for treating players with such disregard?

On 12/14/2022 at 5:11 PM, ghostsoap01 said:

(...) Luchadora is so interesting, but her whole presence (...) seems to be nothing beyond a few comments and an interesting intro with Ron. (...)

An interesting introduction with Ronald. I happen to find that this wrestling to the floor of a debatable but somehow still rather intriguing character by a seemingly vapid one FORMS PART OF THE PROBLEM.

It is perplexing. It was only recently that I played through a certain trail of papers and it could have emphasised more an atmosphere of espionage aside from frictions between what is referred to as a law enforcement and a so called intelligence agency. It is interesting how one can walk into an apartment and access a computer without much of an effort. The phone calls to continue the missions followed more or less instantaneously, possibly hinting at how it was designed to be rushed through? And the helpful agent is never heard of again, but this could be seen as a storytelling element. The scene in the van was unexpected, however. And then the wonderfully strange atmosphere created by the darkness and the breathing simulation, even though one might wonder whether there is a sensible technical explanation for it, is let down by the inane old approach first hinted at by the red marker and then being fulfilled, namely that of shooting first, asking questions...

Edited by xaml
  • KekCringe 1

• 1 month later...

A loud kind of noise is heard... in my head. I had fallen asleep while leaning back in my vehicle, parked on one of the more coveted spots at the recently opened Richards Majestic underground parking. There was reason to believe that this meeting location required a thorough inspection several hours prior to this meeting. In this career, you must know that an amount of time worth mentioning is spent in parkings. As many entrances have been closed since, have you ever wondered about how many experiences and memories this has cost to, well, parkings affine communities? Although not all of them are honourable, maybe there is hope for the openings of more parkings. The scene is shifting now, darkening, with circus and gypsy music played strangely, partially backwards, slowly creeping in. A distant figure of some roundness appears out of nowhere, declaring... "I am your uncle, so call me unkie, but...", and this is where their voice turns into a wonderfully bizarre low tone, "I AIN'T NO MUNKY! NOW WATCH ME, AS A PULL I RABBIT OUT OF MY AAAAA... HAHAHAHAHA!" — The figure is closer now, and turns around. It changed. I see Walter Sobchak crossed with... a limp biscuit! He is swearing about keeping the faith, imploding back into nothingness. As I generally start to wonder, not recalling to have had anything special, beers or something of the like... that voice, less in the tone and more in the rhythm or the tempo, is that you, Trevor? Am moving now, without own control, towards a hole, or is it a tunnel? I remember this, from a crisis... after which thou paradise shalt be lost! But what is a crisis? — "Billie...", "Billie, Billie!" I have to call, have to call, but careful or else I might fall... "BADANGBAAAD..." something?! — Believable. Believable is what comes to my mind as I wake up. And believe it or not, but I have come to reflect, have I been hasty to reject? And while some banal types might go on to remark, profane from spine to mark, that they still could not be erect, to tolerate, it seems less painful than I had come to expect.

Edited by xaml

• 2 months later...
On 12/15/2022 at 1:34 AM, OOI said:

Is Dax voiced by Armando Riesco?

Armando Riesco in "A Taste of Old New York" by Betty Shamieh

I'm starting to think that the actor that plays Dax is the same actor who plays Brucie Kibbutz.

In some of the missions, during phone calls, his Dax "accent" starts to drop and he starts to sound more like Brucie.

https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Timothy_Adams

Phone call starts at: 0:22; 0:39.

Compare with this at 9:06:

They sound about the same when speaking in a regular tone and when the voice is strained you get the same high, uneven pitches (e.g., When he screams "LabRat").

Edited by OOI
  • KekCringe 1
  • Conspiracy! 2