LOS SANTOS DRUG WARS COMES TO GTA ONLINE ON DECEMBER 13

Spider-Vice

I'm literally now going to the same welsh valley with zero coverage that I was in when the 6 leak happened, so expect a newswire 

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1
  • Conspiracy! 1

I just realized the luchadora from the artwork is standing between Dax and Ron next to the Emperor in the first newswire screenshot, sans mask

Edited by Edward85
  • Like 1

Thomas The Dank Engine
Just now, Gridl0k said:

I'm literally now going to the same welsh valley with zero coverage that I was in when the 6 leak happened, so expect a newswire 

Godspeed. I'll make sure to send you a telegram from afar

Just now, Thomas The Dank Engine said:

telegram

no, no, smoke  starlink trail signals

4 hours ago, REVENGE777 said:

Hold up…. Riot uzi….. it has to be this. 
https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Rubber_Gun

Beat me to it. This is my guess. As for the rifle, hard to guess since we got the Service and PRC Rifle last time. Maybe they kept the beta name for the Service and gave it to something like the Mini 14 or G3? That would be my ideal outcome…

no Automag :(

Edited by AUScowboy

RoadbreakerGTA

When I saw 50-ish garage space, I thought it said we are getting 50-ish cars, probably because I woke up early and still in sleep mode, lol

So Rockstar calls the story of this DLC "expansive" and "significant" but they don't even release a trailer with the announcement newswire (not to mention the newswire itself being laughably small).

This combined with the fact that the update has been split into 2 parts (and GTA VI being in full production, further requiring more staff and manpower) is leading me to believe that Rockstar couldn't develop the entire DLC for the Winter deadline and rather than rushing a broken unfinished mess, they compiled what could be completed in a playable state for the Winter deadline and left the rest to be finished for the 2023 Summer DLC. Throw in a couple of easy-to-implement QOL fixes that the community has been asking for years and you'll get all the praise for less work.

Just like every other player in this forum, I want this DLC to be great. I'm more than happy to be proven wrong by Rockstar and get a banger DLC but from what they've shown so far, it's hard to be optimistic for a traditional winter DLC which is usually the bigger ones when compared with the Summer DLCs. This size of Drug Wars seems to be on the smaller scale, not something like The Contract or The Cayo Perico Heist in terms of scale, at least so far.

arisfelbonilla

MMM With what did they reveal the dlc leak
I just see it now because I was watching the game awards that justice was done xd

now
Will they improve the police with new weapons? wow i didn't expect that
now
Those weapons are exclusive to the cops or will we have it?

now
and the cars?:b

EDIT :I take back what I said about the police I misunderstood XD

Edited by arisfelbonilla

Just now, Coffee_Man said:

So Rockstar calls the story of this DLC "expansive" and "significant" but they don't even release a trailer with the announcement newswire (not to mention the newswire itself being laughably small).

This combined with the fact that the update has been split into 2 parts (and GTA VI being in full production, further requiring more staff and manpower) is leading me to believe that Rockstar couldn't develop the entire DLC for the Winter deadline and rather than rushing a broken unfinished mess, they compiled what could be completed in a playable state for the Winter deadline and left the rest to be finished for the 2023 Summer DLC. Throw in a couple of easy-to-implement QOL fixes that the community has been asking for years and you'll get all the praise for less work.

Just like every other player in this forum, I want this DLC to be great. I'm more than happy to be proven wrong by Rockstar and get a banger DLC but from what they've shown so far, it's hard to be optimistic for a traditional winter DLC which is usually the bigger ones when compared with the Summer DLCs. This size of Drug Wars seems to be on the smaller scale, not something like The Contract or The Cayo Perico Heist in terms of scale, at least so far.

The fact there isn't a trailer is the biggest giveaway imo, but I'll gladly be proven wrong on tuesday of course.

Non Funkable Token
2 minutes ago, Coffee_Man said:

Wouldn't be bad if they release part 2 in March-April. But nah it's gonna be in Summer, 99,9%. :modkek:

• KekCringe 1
  • Realistic Steak! 2

25 minutes ago, Thomas The Dank Engine said:

Please, anything to remove the bad taste in my mouth from the so called "Precision Rifle". The only precision it had was the velocity it had from throwing it directly from my weapon wheel. God, missed opportunity right there.

that thing really is a piece of sh*t

• KEKW 1

Thomas The Dank Engine
8 minutes ago, Coffee_Man said:

This necessarily doesn't mean the DLC is small in size. We've got trailers on release dates before. Also i think we're getting a trailer today. 

8 minutes ago, arisfelbonilla said:

Those weapons are exclusive to the cops or will we have it?

Rockstar would never release a DLC with weapons that are exclusive to NPC's. Yes, some NPC's in the game have exclusive weapons since launch but they will never introduce completely unobtainable weapons in a DLC. 

Edited by Thomas The Dank Engine
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Frabbi 01 said:

Haven't played it in over 20 years but I'm pretty sure the visibility in that level was terrible and the tunnels dipped a bit where enemies could see you first and start shooting. But yes, dual would be awesome. That gun is a very memorable classic.

It was a long level and you could very easily die at the end because of turrets and one objective was incredibly easy to fail (Contact Wade) because the radio was tucked in with some explosive barrels enemies loved to explode. And yes, that too was far into the level. Heck even when you discovered enemies could not fire over railings it was still tricky.

TrickyMario7654

The DLC was announced around this time yesterday. Maybe some more info is gonna drop within a few minutes time?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gridl0k said:

lucky get

3 minutes ago, VitoSpeed said:

I don't think they would pin the tweet if they were going to release the trailer

its not like you can't pin another tweet lol

Im sure its been gone over 300 times, they've made a trailer for the LSSS im pretty sure they can make a trailer for this so im fully expecting one but maybe there just testing the waters of a diff marketing style.

Or its just the worst update ever, i'm preferring to be more hopeful.

Edited by Lucas7yoshi
  • Like 2

Hazzardtohimself

29621184_1600949318_gallery-september24- 

Substitute pepper rounds for LSD bawlz and you've got a precise way to turn a riot into a trippy experience (for those indoor instances where crop-dusting a crowd with drugs isn't practical) 

There's still time, but nothing now? Why are they being super secretive about this update lmao. 

• KEKW 1
  • Conspiracy! 2

BakeWithMe1000
Just now, videotech_ said:

There's still time, but nothing now? Why are they being super secretive about this update lmao. 

I think its really just a small DLC and they dont wanna hype this up that much

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Lucas7yoshi said:

its not like you can't pin another tweet lol

Im sure its been gone over 300 times, they've made a trailer for the LSSS im pretty sure they can make a trailer for this so im fully expecting one but maybe there just testing the waters of a diff marketing style.

Or its just the worst update ever, i'm preferring to be more hopeful.

They also sometimes create trailers/ads for ingame cars, that doesn't mean there will be one for every DLC.

Spoiler

And then nothing, absolutely nothing anymore like that.

Edited by Mexicola9302

CPU: i7-4930K @ 4,2 GHZ Level 3 Cache: 12MB (6 Cores)
GPU: 2x SLI Asus ROG Strix GTX1070-O8G-Gaming 8GB DDR5 V-RAM (MSI SLI HB Bridge)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32 GB DDR3 @ 1866 MHZ (Quad Channel)
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
Mainboard: ASRock X79 Extreme 4
Harddrive: Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SSD (Rapid Mode Activated)
Powersupply: be quiet! POWER ZONE 850W

7 minutes ago, TrickyMario7654 said:

The DLC was announced around this time yesterday. Maybe some more info is gonna drop within a few minutes time?

Doubtful 

1 minute ago, Mexicola9302 said:

They also sometimes create trailers/ads for ingame cars, that doesn't mean there will be one for every DLC.

I mean yeah true its hardly like they HAVE to but it's just a bizarre decision

• Like 2
  • KEKW 1

I hope the asian girl is featured in the trailer¬†ūüĎÄ:adminkek:

20 minutes ago, Thomas The Dank Engine said:

Also i think we're getting a trailer today. 

I hope you're right. Waiting is killing me.

arisfelbonilla
35 minutes ago, Thomas The Dank Engine said:

Rockstar would never release a DLC with weapons that are exclusive to NPC's. Yes, some NPC's in the game have exclusive weapons since launch but they will never introduce completely unobtainable weapons in a DLC. 

Yes
I misinterpreted it thinking that the police would have an improvement XDDD
But it's content removed from cops and crooks (a shame :/)

now
how to use that shield

I’d honestly rather get detailed newswire posts like we got for CE than a trailer. HD still photos focusing on the new cars, weapons and gameplay.

• Like 5