[!!!POTENTIAL SPOILERS!!!] GTAVI World/Ambient Events Speculation & Discussion

MrBreak16
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

The topic you are reading may contain spoilers for both ambient events you can find around the world, and, more importantly, spoilers about main story beats and/or character relationship mechanics, especially considering recently analysed information as of the time of writing this message.

Read this topic at your own peril!

Insoluble Fiber

I wonder if Wyman rant could be the guy talking about jay Norris🤔

Oh lol nvm just searched Wyman on the forum and there were multiple discussions and some confirming that Wyman is indeed the jay Norris guy 

Edited by Insoluble Fiber

• 1 month later...

I edited the post to put the events in their original order on top of the alphabetical order, so now some related events are all grouped around the same places instead of being spread out due to being in alphabetical order.

Edited by MrBreak16
  • Like 2

cant remember

I glossed over the list for the first time, now I can't wait to go look for those missing tourists.

Sanctuary II
On 11/22/2022 at 5:57 PM, universetwisters said:

I just hope these are truly open ended and not as scripted as they were in rdr2. As cinematic as that game is, how scripted and how much it holds your hand is really offputting when you come to it from the older gta games 

Late response, but I agree. I'd prefer if pedestrians' behavior like muggings, drug deals, car accidents, etc... is just part of the general NPC AI like in the older Rockstar games as opposed to these "random" yet ultimately very scripted and repetitive events in GTA V and RDR2. They did a better job with them in the latter imo, so I wouldn't discard the system either, but I'd limit these type of scripted interactions to special world evolving events like the Timber company or railroad construction mini-storylines because they're major and the in-game world truly evolves by interacting with them.

The game that balanced it best so far imo is the first Red Dead Redemption imo. It's the title that introduced these random events in the first place but it also kept the general NPC AI behavior from the previous titles like GTA IV, San Andreas, etc..

Edited by TheMadTitan
  • Like 3

Gaming4Pride

Hey Guys i know its the wrong topic but how do you find all of this stuff? I have every 90 vid clips but where do i have to look for myself to find that information? 

7 minutes ago, Gaming4Pride said:

Hey Guys i know its the wrong topic but how do you find all of this stuff? I have every 90 vid clips but where do i have to look for myself to find that information? 

It’s a file with confidential information about one of the main characters of GTA VI. Its hard to find since rockstar has a very strict set of rules about this kind of documents. To find it on google you will have to look very deeply. Id try something like “Lucia Rule 34” but i cannot guarantee results

cant remember
8 minutes ago, Gaming4Pride said:

All that console text and those dev controls that are visible in some of the clips.

• 3 weeks later...

There's some to do with Seagulls, what could those be? They can't be like the flyingrats/pigeons from GTA IV right?:kekw:

(There were seagulls in TBoGT though, could be something else..doesn't sound much like an event but it's repeated and different locations.)

2dQaqi9.png purple-diamond-gem.gif

KING Julien
On 11/22/2022 at 12:00 PM, MrBreak16 said:

Stuck Vehicle - Swamp4

NICE,Vehicles can get stuck in the swamp? :shillkek:

On 11/22/2022 at 12:00 PM, MrBreak16 said:

Kidnapping AI

Cliffford ? :kekw:

cant remember
18 hours ago, KING Julien said:

NICE,Vehicles can get stuck in the swamp? :shillkek:

Cliffford ? :kekw:

It's probably more of a scripted event. I imagine it would work like you approach the area and then a blip appears on your radar while an npc is near the stuck car yelling at you for a tow or something.

• Like 1

KING Julien
4 hours ago, cant remember said:

It's probably more of a scripted event. I imagine it would work like you approach the area and then a blip appears on your radar while an npc is near the stuck car yelling at you for a tow or something.

The main event itself yeah but the swamp I imagine something like RDR2 where you would walk/ride slower. its possible to have that swamp in Everglades

Cluckin Bell CEO
5 hours ago, cant remember said:

this too but vehicles getting stuck at certain points in the swamp shouldn't be a difficult feature to add

Sanctuary II
12 hours ago, Darth_Cruiser said:

this too but vehicles getting stuck at certain points in the swamp shouldn't be a difficult feature to add

Yeah, regardless of the event, I can see this being a feature in the game when driving certain cars, our vehicles (and even NPC vehicles) could get stuck in the muddy waters.

Edited by TheMadTitan
  • Realistic Steak! 1

• 2 weeks later...
Retro_Causality

"dead husband disposal" i hope that's not hinting at Lucia killing Jason?

• KEKW 2

Sanctuary II
On 5/20/2023 at 4:24 AM, Retro_Causality said:

"dead husband disposal" i hope that's not hinting at Lucia killing Jason?

I think it's clearly a random event and not a plot point. It was literally on the "World Events List" and the way it's written (dead husband disposal) indicating a minor NPC character as opposed to a reference to one of the protagonists dying and having to be disposed of. I imagine it'd be like the interaction in RDR2 with the prostitute who asks the player to get rid of her dead johns' bodies.

Edited by TheMadTitan

TeaBaggins

saw some things in the leaks such as 

Warehouse torture

Snipe victim apartment

Bus stop stalker

• 2 weeks later...
BeauCaliente01

I'm nearly sure Ambrosia is Arcadia, Florida + partly surrounding areas.

1. The area suits the agricultural vibe it seems to be. (Ambrosia Farms, Ambrosia Tarmac etc.) What if Tarmac means Airstrip for Drug Running or something instead of a Racetrack??

2. It is the only area around the suspected place it could be that shares a Greek name

3. Ambrosia and Arcadia are similar not in meaning but look similar.

4. Nowhere else in Florida has a Greek name that is agricultural / countryside.

Edited by BeauCaliente01

On 2/28/2023 at 11:01 AM, Insoluble Fiber said:

I wonder if Wyman rant could be the guy talking about jay Norris🤔

Oh lol nvm just searched Wyman on the forum and there were multiple discussions and some confirming that Wyman is indeed the jay Norris guy 

Yes.

I also think Wyman is a mechanic and Jason works at this shop.

Some of the collectibles are car parts, labelled for Wyman. Jason drives an old truck giving him a deeper than usual interest in cars. His truck also features some relevant things in the back. He is seen in the alleyway of an auto repair shop.

Just many things pointing towards that for me. It seems likely.

universetwisters
2 hours ago, DarkDayz said:

His truck also features some relevant things in the back

Do you remember what they were? Assuming we're talking about the Ranchero, I don't remember anything at all being in the back, it had a pretty clean and empty bed from what I remember

sTgL5iS.png

6 hours ago, universetwisters said:

Do you remember what they were? Assuming we're talking about the Ranchero, I don't remember anything at all being in the back, it had a pretty clean and empty bed from what I remember

At 2:40 in the clip at Hanks Waffles you can see jump leads / jumper cables in the back. A spray can and some other empty canisters. Only in this scene. 

There is also a big toolbox of some kind that is the same colour of the bed. It looks like it’s part of the bed but it isn’t as it isn’t there in other clips. Might be a gun locker.

Edited by DarkDayz

• 3 weeks later...
GhettoJesus

Just a PSA about the event list, but the Google Sheet I created that listed the events got DMCA'd by Google at the request of an at the moment unknown party. So, if anyone is so die-hard about GTA VI they might wanna save MrBreak's list because you never know when they will come for this topic. Fortunately my Google account is intact, they just merely restricted access to the document in question, so I decided to delete the sheet all together.

Edited by GhettoJesus
  • Like 2

K2yjoYK.png

Spider-Vice

T2 would make themselves known in a DMCA, not unknown I'd say - so I'd hold off on any judgement on that one. We haven't ever been contacted about any discussion of this content (it is impossible to control regardless) and R* has not taken an issue with it (it's been here since September as well, even across other threads). Just the actual footage and posts with it have been targets of DMCA's - as has been the case with most other websites including the subreddit (except when they were dumb enough to allow footage of everything again).

• Like 2

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2023 at 7:05 PM, Spider-Vice said:

as has been the case with most other websites including the subreddit (except when they were dumb enough to allow footage of everything again).

I'll clarify on behalf of the subreddit mod team since I've seen this mentioned here a few times.

Basically, me and a few other top mods were inactive for months after the leaks. I had some IRL stuff that kept me away so I didn't pay much attention. It didn't help we didn't have many new mods... Before we even made sure not to allow leaks again, one of the mods made a poll asking whether or not we should allow leaks (they were the one of the few active mods during that time iirc). They didn't realise how big of a mistake that was. We had another copyright strike I believe, and the mod who did the poll realised their mistake. Since then we obviously stopped allowing any sort of leaked footage.

I'm not blaming them because I or other mods should have stopped them, but we weren't active enough and didn't notice like I said. All sorted out now though. Whole thing was dumb.

PS, how big are the story spoilers in this thread? Not sure if I should read it all or not.

Edit: I just checked and leaks were allowed for like a week or so before me and the other inactive mods realised it was allowed for whatever reason. And then we banned it again quickly after we found out. Before that we never allowed leaks. Whole thing was f*cked up, anyway, that was sorted.

Edited by Orthur

TheHoover69

@MrBreak16 I found a few more world events in the leaks last night that don't think I saw on the list here in this thread. Here they are as follows with their corresponding numbers on the events menu.

These were found on Americas_1 2022-03-03 10-43-31. This is the clip of Jason standing outside a house at night with a dev menu of world events in the game. Crazy to think that there's still more out there that we don't know about yet.

117) Quick Question - Stalker

122) Quick Question - StalkerLoiter

127) Quick Question - Time

136) Quick Question - TimeRob

141) Quick Question - TimeRobLoiter

179) Hit By Car - Bribe

182) Hit By Car - Kidnap

178) Gang Initiation - Failed Test

182) Gang Initiation - Passed Test

228) Sun Lotion (Linger)

231) Linda Threaten Room

231) IG1 Chester Fee before blackmail

238) IG1 Chester Fee post blackmail

242) IG2 Dany Limit pre blackmail

244) IG2 Danny Limit post blackmail

234) Sob Story

245) Refuse

@tachyon_v What clip is that about Space Center you said if you remember,  since It's not here.

Edited by 44Orca

2dQaqi9.png purple-diamond-gem.gif

One of Wisemen
On 7/3/2023 at 7:50 PM, TheHoover69 said:

231) IG1 Chester Fee before blackmail

238) IG1 Chester Fee post blackmail

242) IG2 Dany Limit pre blackmail

244) IG2 Danny Limit post blackmail

This is very interesting. Would we finally see a blackmail feature in GTA game?

spacer.png

TheHoover69
3 hours ago, wise_man said:

This is very interesting. Would we finally see a blackmail feature in GTA game?

It’s a possibility for sure. These were the only blackmail events I could find in the events list, but that doesn’t mean that there aren’t more of them. It could be something relating to the main story or it could be a small side mission line. I’m wondering if this Chester character is also related to the Chesters Music event. 

6 hours ago, 44Orca said:

@tachyon_v What clip is that about Space Center you said if you remember,  since It's not here.

the list seems to be incomplete. I could swear that we had lots of discussions about SERA in the mapping discord server. That server had a google docs document containing even more events. I'll try to find it 

15 hours ago, 44Orca said:

Hey so i looked through & any mentions of SERA seems to be excluded from the world event list put together by the community. But they were mentioned in the clips as:

SERA Failed Space Launch Fairing

&

SERA Minivan

Edited by tachyon_v
  • Like 3