Jump to content

[!!!POTENTIAL SPOILERS!!!] GTAVI World/Ambient Events Speculation & Discussion


MrBreak16
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

The topic you are reading may contain spoilers for both ambient events you can find around the world, and, more importantly, spoilers about main story beats and/or character relationship mechanics, especially considering recently analysed information as of the time of writing this message.

 

 

Read this topic at your own peril!

Recommended Posts

Kid Named Finger
2 hours ago, babydracula said:

I could see Wyman's fence being for car parts instead of just whatever car off the street. Maybe we have to look for specific models with specific parts? I would imagine the car compendium is important here.

I wonder if we could salvage off car parts directly from the car, using like a wrench or something. That'd be too much to put in a game like this but maybe in the future?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Kid Named Finger said:

I wonder if we could salvage off car parts directly from the car, using like a wrench or something. That'd be too much to put in a game like this but maybe in the future?

Yo, catalytic converter theft has been a major problem in the US due to how much money thieves can make from selling them off for their precious metals. I think that would be a really cool side hustle to do in GTA VI

 

It'd be relatively simple too, you can just have Jason or Lucia crawl under a parked vehicle with an electric saw or something and it takes like 3-4 seconds for them to cut the cat off and store it in their loot bag

Edited by TheHoover69
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kid Named Finger
1 hour ago, TheHoover69 said:

Yo, catalytic converter theft has been a major problem in the US due to how much money thieves can make from selling them off for their precious metals. I think that would be a really cool side hustle to do in GTA VI

 

It'd be relatively simple too, you can just have Jason or Lucia crawl under a parked vehicle with an electric saw or something and it takes like 3-4 seconds for them to cut the cat off and store it in their loot bag

But that would mean for every car they'd have to program and include more individual parts as well as functionality. That'd be very performance intensive.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Kid Named Finger said:

But that would mean for every car they'd have to program and include more individual parts as well as functionality. That'd be very performance intensive.

 

 

Maybe not. Could be one of those things where once you engage in the activity, the camera remains in a locked position that can't be moved/altered so you can't see the prop just spawn in the player character's hands when they're crawling back out from under the vehicle after animation has concluded. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kid Named Finger
10 minutes ago, TheHoover69 said:

 

Maybe not. Could be one of those things where once you engage in the activity, the camera remains in a locked position that can't be moved/altered so you can't see the prop just spawn in the player character's hands when they're crawling back out from under the vehicle after animation has concluded. 

Knowing rockstar they would rather not include that feature at all if it meant doing it realistically. From what I hear from people I know, the higher execs at R* are obsessed with the whole realism/immersion thing with the single player games since like 2014.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Kid Named Finger said:

Knowing rockstar they would rather not include that feature at all if it meant doing it realistically. From what I hear from people I know, the higher execs at R* are obsessed with the whole realism/immersion thing with the single player games since like 2014.

Well if they wanna do it realistically, then perhaps catalytic converter theft should only be limited to a few specific models in the game. As you said earlier, it'd weigh too heavily on the performance side to include this on every land vehicle. I looked up this article which was a pretty interesting read and they have different sections for which specific models are frequently targeted by thieves organized by regions.

https://www.carfax.com/blog/catalytic-converter-theft

 

Since Vice City and the greater Florida area is in the South, here's the list of frequently targeted vehicles of that region. Quoted directly from the article

Quote

Cars Most Likely to Have Their Catalytic Converters Stolen in the South

  • 1985-2021 Ford F-Series
  • 1989-2020 Honda Accord
  • 2007-17 Jeep Patriot
  • 1999-2021 Chevrolet Silverado
  • 1990-2022 Ford Econoline
  • 2007-21 Jeep Compass
  • 1993-2020 Nissan Altima
  • 2008-14 Dodge Avenger
  • 2011-17 Chrysler 200
  • 2011-19 Chevrolet Cruze

 

The thing is, we don't know if R* is making in-game versions of these specific models for VI, except in the case of vehicles like the Ford F-Series (Sadler, Caracara 4x4, Guardian, Sandking SWB, Sandking XL) and the Ford Econoline (Rumpo, Rumpo Custom)

 

More than likely R* will abide by the list of vehicles that tend to be favored by thieves nationwide

Quote

Cars Most Likely to Have Their Catalytic Converters Stolen Nationwide

  1. 1985-2021 Ford F-Series
  2. 1989-2020 Honda Accord
  3. 2007-17 Jeep Patriot
  4. 1990-2022 Ford Econoline
  5. 1999-2021 Chevrolet Silverado
  6. 2005-21 Chevrolet Equinox
  7. 1997-2020 Honda CR-V
  8. 1987-2019 Toyota Camry
  9. 2011-17 Chrysler 200
  10. 2001-21 Toyota Prius

 

Or perhaps even if R* were to go this route, they would probably come up with their own small list of specific vehicles that can have their cats stolen from them. 

Edited by TheHoover69
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kid Named Finger
4 hours ago, TheHoover69 said:

Well if they wanna do it realistically, then perhaps catalytic converter theft should only be limited to a few specific models in the game. As you said earlier, it'd weigh too heavily on the performance side to include this on every land vehicle. I looked up this article which was a pretty interesting read and they have different sections for which specific models are frequently targeted by thieves organized by regions.

https://www.carfax.com/blog/catalytic-converter-theft

 

Since Vice City and the greater Florida area is in the South, here's the list of frequently targeted vehicles of that region. Quoted directly from the article

 

The thing is, we don't know if R* is making in-game versions of these specific models for VI, except in the case of vehicles like the Ford F-Series (Sadler, Caracara 4x4, Guardian, Sandking SWB, Sandking XL) and the Ford Econoline (Rumpo, Rumpo Custom)

 

More than likely R* will abide by the list of vehicles that tend to be favored by thieves nationwide

 

Or perhaps even if R* were to go this route, they would probably come up with their own small list of specific vehicles that can have their cats stolen from them. 

If not this one, I definitely expect the GTAs after VI to have these types of features. One advantage rockstar has is that they have no competition in the innovation department. No one in the video game industry has the money or resources to make video games like they do. Every other video game developer making billions is either a mobile game dev or an online multiplayer based company. So the only innovation they can focus on is making their game more and more realistic and adding more gameplay features for like the next 20-30 years and they'll do fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/21/2023 at 4:44 AM, universetwisters said:


I genuinely hope the car fence isn’t gonna be something we can exploit like how Stevie in IV would take literally any vehicle we brought in off the street. Like I get that it’s fast money and money is good but I’m under the impression that Jason and Lucia are constantly broke and on the run, so it wouldn’t make sense for them to be like “wah wah we have no money” while sitting on half a million bucks 

I'm hoping GTA VI addresses this minor dissonance between story and free-roam from RDR2 (not just it but it's recently the game people call out for this the most) where financial progress, or lack thereof in gameplay should match Jason and Lucia's in the story imo. Making tons of money should be a slower process where we'd have to hustle and work out there to earn it and side missions or jobs should pay less than RDR2's payouts, at least in the early parts of the story.

Edited by TheMadTitan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/21/2023 at 3:44 AM, universetwisters said:


I genuinely hope the car fence isn’t gonna be something we can exploit like how Stevie in IV would take literally any vehicle we brought in off the street. Like I get that it’s fast money and money is good but I’m under the impression that Jason and Lucia are constantly broke and on the run, so it wouldn’t make sense for them to be like “wah wah we have no money” while sitting on half a million bucks 

You reminded me how broken economy in their games is. Every R* protagonist is pretty much always in "temporarily broke" narrative but somehow has more cash than its possible spend. Thats probably one and only thing i wish to be completely reworked. But knowing them most purchasable content will be transported you know where.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, TheMadTitan said:

I'm hoping GTA VI addresses this minor dissonance between story and free-roam from RDR2 (not just it but it's recently the game people call it out for it the most) where it feels like a finicanal progress, or lack thereof in gameplay matches Jason and Lucia's in the story. Making tons of money should be a slower process where we'd have to hustle and work out there to earn it and side missions or jobs should pay less than in RDR2, at least at the early parts of the story.

Yeah you either complicate the process of earning $ or have more useful / fun things to buy. Better both.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, patron4ik said:

Yeah you either complicate the process of earning $ or have more useful / fun things to buy. Better both.

Both is definitely the way to go in terms of having a balanced economy where the process of making money and spending it on things is more satisfying than in previous Rockstar games imo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/20/2023 at 10:44 PM, universetwisters said:


I genuinely hope the car fence isn’t gonna be something we can exploit like how Stevie in IV would take literally any vehicle we brought in off the street. Like I get that it’s fast money and money is good but I’m under the impression that Jason and Lucia are constantly broke and on the run, so it wouldn’t make sense for them to be like “wah wah we have no money” while sitting on half a million bucks 

If the vehicle fence pays too much money, Rockstar can just keep it locked until near the end of the story, simple as that, it's better than it paying sh*t and being an activity that no one wanna do, especially if the game will have way too many things to expend our money on like I expect.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Edward RDRIII said:

If the vehicle fence pays too much money, Rockstar can just keep it locked until near the end of the story, simple as that, it's better than it paying sh*t and being an activity that no one wanna do, especially if the game will have way too many things to expend our money on like I expect.

Yeah, I'm hoping they save the activities/jobs that pay a lot of money for near the end of the story as by that point we'd naturally have already tons of money, as do Jason and Lucia in the story so we could just engage in these activities mainly for the entertainment factor than money.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, TheMadTitan said:

Yeah, I'm hoping they save the activities/jobs that pay a lot of money for near the end of the story as by that point we'd naturally have already tons of money, as do Jason and Lucia in the story so we could just engage in these activities mainly for the entertainment factor than money.

It's best to just leave the vehicles fence for later and make it be a good source of money than make it pay sh*t.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Edward RDRIII said:

It's best to just leave the vehicles fence for later and make it be a good source of money than make it pay sh*t.

Yeah, I could see a vehicle fence job with little pay to be very frustrating. Especially on a big map with a larger variety of cars. So yes, I hope they put all the more grindy activities later on. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheMadTitan said:

Yeah, I could see a vehicle fence job with little pay to be very frustrating. Especially on a big map with a larger variety of cars. So yes, I hope they put all the more grindy activities later on. 

Yup.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/22/2022 at 11:50 AM, Spider-Vice said:

Non-Interactive Event I'd assume. e.g. a raccoon taking things out of a trash bin isn't really player interactable. So basically random things you can see peds going through.

NIE in game also development stands for "Not In Engine". This term is used to refer to assets, features, or functionality that are not part of the main game engine, but are instead implemented as external or separate components. These components might include tools for level design, scripting, animation, audio, or other elements that are not part of the core engine. By keeping these components separate from the main engine, developers can often iterate more quickly and make changes without disrupting the main game code. Additionally, NIE components can sometimes be re-used across multiple games or projects, making development more efficient and cost-effective.
Edited by TurboLightX
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, TurboLightX said:
NIE in game also development stands for "Not In Engine". This term is used to refer to assets, features, or functionality that are not part of the main game engine, but are instead implemented as external or separate components. These components might include tools for level design, scripting, animation, audio, or other elements that are not part of the core engine. By keeping these components separate from the main engine, developers can often iterate more quickly and make changes without disrupting the main game code. Additionally, NIE components can sometimes be re-used across multiple games or projects, making development more efficient and cost-effective.

Except in the leaked footage, precisely "Americas_1 2022-05-20 11-20-13" video clip at 34 seconds, you will see that the developers refer to "NIE" as Non-Interactive Event.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, NIE is non-interactive event. Meaning just a random event that's not necessarily interactible with, or affected by the player.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kid Named Finger
On 2/11/2023 at 9:48 PM, GutterSharkz said:

 

 

 

Zorbing if done properly would be the coolest minigame out of any GTA game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/11/2023 at 12:02 AM, Tez2 said:

Except in the leaked footage, precisely "Americas_1 2022-05-20 11-20-13" video clip at 34 seconds, you will see that the developers refer to "NIE" as Non-Interactive Event.

Thanks, I didn't noticed it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/22/2022 at 8:30 AM, MrBreak16 said:
  • 291. MansionSquatter - Investigate
  • 292. Message in a Bottle

r/GTA6 - Part VI: Details and Informations based on the Leaks

Maybe a reference to the Brazilian Squatter who claimed ownership over the $2.5 Boca Raton mansion from Florida. But the Bank of America foreclosed on the owners more than 18 months before.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fnewsfeed.time.com%2F2013%2F01%2F28%2Fcheap-digs-squatter-claims-ownership-of-2-5-million-florida-mansion%2F&psig=AOvVaw3JgcQfTZpCHW24Z6Nzfoyn&ust=1676892051080000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CBAQjhxqFwoTCIj0lcnWof0CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAE

 

Also, the Message in a Bottle event may be a reference to the '79 song by The Police with the same name. Maybe the song will be in the game.

Edited by TurboLightX
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, TurboLightX said:

Also, the Message in a Bottle event may be a reference to the '79 song by The Police with the same name. Maybe the song will be in the game.

Not necessarily, it could be just that, a message in a bottle

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/22/2022 at 10:30 AM, MrBreak16 said:
  • San 4 San - Fast NM Gas
  • San 4 San - Fast NM Thrift Store
  • San 4 San - Ominous NM Gas
  • San 4 San - Ominous Thrift Store
  • Sand Art
  • Sand Art 2
  • Sand Art 3
  • Sand Bar Stations
  • Sand Car

In the Debug text in the video with Jason sneaking in front of a car, you can see the guard's Profile name: San4SanGuardMale. So San4San is the name of the gang. And on a building you can see written on it S4S Life. And in the gang member's debug menu you can see written S4S_Import_Garage_Member. The garage can also be seen nearby. You can also see that the CCTV camera from the video has an icon which appears on the screen. And while Jason is getting close in its range, the icon is filling up till the point where it turns red.

 

Sand Car may refer to this attraction from Miami Beach:

 

r/GTA6 - Part VII - Details and Informations based on the Leaks
Edited by TurboLightX
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

reading over the event list again and theres another location called 'La Perle' wonder what its based on?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, slowmo2zomo said:

reading over the event list again and theres another location called 'La Perle' wonder what its based on?

could refer to La Perla in San Juan but R taking liberty and placing it in  VC.. an event could be a mission marker for a contact there

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, slowmo2zomo said:

reading over the event list again and theres another location called 'La Perle' wonder what its based on?

Maybe it's La Gorce in Miami

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mattdowns84 said:

could refer to La Perla in San Juan but R taking liberty and placing it in  VC.. an event could be a mission marker for a contact there

Doubt, that’s in Puerto Rico. La Perle is more likely based off of a place in Miami or Florida.

Edited by MrBreak16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Retro_Causality
On 2/19/2023 at 1:01 PM, TurboLightX said:

In the Debug text in the video with Jason sneaking in front of a car, you can see the guard's Profile name: San4SanGuardMale. So San4San is the name of the gang. And on a building you can see written on it S4S Life. And in the gang member's debug menu you can see written S4S_Import_Garage_Member. The garage can also be seen nearby. You can also see that the CCTV camera from the video has an icon which appears on the screen. And while Jason is getting close in its range, the icon is filling up till the point where it turns red.

 

Sand Car may refer to this attraction from Miami Beach:

 

r/GTA6 - Part VII - Details and Informations based on the Leaks

yep San4San is the Haitian street gang. It's The GTA version of Zoe Pound

Edited by Retro_Causality
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.