[!!!POTENTIAL SPOILERS!!!] GTAVI World/Ambient Events Speculation & Discussion

MrBreak16
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

The topic you are reading may contain spoilers for both ambient events you can find around the world, and, more importantly, spoilers about main story beats and/or character relationship mechanics, especially considering recently analysed information as of the time of writing this message.

Read this topic at your own peril!

5 hours ago, slowmo2zomo said:

lucia also looks puerto rican same as luis 

I think Luis is Dominican tho 

Based off of what I have read so far, I can imagine Rockstar fuming at the idea of this thread existing let-alone the leaks happening in the first place. :kekw:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

On 12/6/2022 at 1:30 AM, Zapper said:

Uh, I don't think so. Roger Clark himself implied that Arthur's canned second love interest was in fact Abigail, not Sadie.

(timestamped)

I think the main cut 2nd love interest for Arthur was ultimately Eliza, who's role was reduced to a mention in the final game. Her voice lines, lines referencing her and model (reused for Mrs. Sinclair) were all found and I imagine Mary would've factored into the story too and that's how Arthur had two love interests.

I'm not denying what Roger said about them originally leaning more into Arthur having a thing for Abigail, but that strikes me more as a longing or "forlorn love' subplot as he put it than Abigail being a full on love interest since Roger said she was going to remind him she's still with John. 

Edited by TheMadTitan

Cutter De Blanc
On 12/20/2022 at 6:58 PM, Retro_Causality said:

im confused by this?

1. WYMSC - Met Jason
  2. WYMSC - Never Met After Shootout
  3. WYMSC - Never Met Jason

Well if we're assuming the WYM stands for Wyman and Wyman is affiliated with Jason, and you're playing as Lucia and go visit Wyman the encounter would be different based on whether you met Jason and if you met him after the "shootout" or not

• Like 2

All the NIE listings are probably repeatable meta events. Like cars pulled over, that’s a dead giveaway. 

869 - 872, seems like this one is influenced by player progress. Funny it has a NULL possibility. Maybe like how strangers we didn’t help end up with different outcomes in end game?

112 - 115, could these be Simeon like missions? I’m hoping it’s some possibilities for infinite odd jobs instead of one time side quests.

727 - 733, dynamic beach map, that sounds fun.

289 - 291, 326, 761, these really interested me. These sounds like events happened inside private houses. In which case the game would have crazy amount of enterable interior.

147, 148, these two are also interesting. Although it could be just NPC looking for food, it can also be NPC asking for food. Maybe that means we will have provision system like RDR.

751, this is also an interesting one. It immediately reminds me of Stoneman Douglas, but that’s in Broward. Although I’m unsure if R* will make parody/reference to sensitive topics, especially since there shouldn’t be highschools in game anyways. 

308, 309, they sure be embracing the car meet idea. Probably parody cars&coffee.

I’ll add more.

On 12/7/2022 at 6:41 AM, TheHoover69 said:

184. Farm Monster Man First Visit

183. Farm Monster Man Chemicals Request

182. Farm Monster Man Chemicals Delivery

185. Farm Monster Man Transform

Uhhh what the hell is this guy gonna turn into? 

Man Bear Pig - Origin

We are definitely still getting Scarface and Miami Vice eastern eggs. Didn’t see anything CSI or Dexter tho.

Edited by PP.Fang

25 minutes ago, PP.Fang said:

751, this is also an interesting one. It immediately reminds me of Stoneman Douglas, but that’s in Broward. Although I’m unsure if R* will make parody/reference to sensitive topics, especially since there shouldn’t be highschools in game anyways. 

I was thinking it'd be similar to some of those memorials you see in Rancho and Murrieta Heights commemorating those who were victims of gang violence

Spoiler

xkyxtqenf3481.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

Edited by TheHoover69
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, TheHoover69 said:

I was thinking it'd be similar to some of those memorials you see in Rancho and Murrieta Heights commemorating those who were victims of gang violence

Hide contents

xkyxtqenf3481.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

Yeah these makes much more sense.

On 12/15/2022 at 3:30 AM, lngtrw said:

I think Luis is Dominican tho 

Luis is Dominican and Puerto Rican

Retro_Causality
On 12/22/2022 at 6:13 AM, Cutter De Blanc said:

Well if we're assuming the WYM stands for Wyman and Wyman is affiliated with Jason, and you're playing as Lucia and go visit Wyman the encounter would be different based on whether you met Jason and if you met him after the "shootout" or not

so i assume Lucia and Jason don't meet until after this "shootout"?

Retro_Causality
On 11/25/2022 at 1:00 PM, Tez2 said:

Yep.

RDR2 has a ton of scenarios, but cannot pinpoint how many are random events. Like the animal events, NPCs building a house ...etc. RDR2 probably has around 500-700 events. Whereas VI has ~1400 events and probably more in the future.

which is crazy since it sounded like GTA 6 was going to be a smaller project compared to RDR 2 especially with the reaction to the "crunch" stuff and that it would be a more focused game that would expand with developments over time

On 12/23/2022 at 9:24 PM, Retro_Causality said:

which is crazy since it sounded like GTA 6 was going to be a smaller project compared to RDR 2 especially with the reaction to the "crunch" stuff and that it would be a more focused game that would expand with developments over time

Jason Schreier stated in that article that it'd be a moderately-sized release, which would still be be huge by Rockstar standards. I think by "moderate" he meant compared to the original vision we've heard Rockstar had planned of an Americas-set GTA VI spanning the two continents and Caribbean - not small in general. As I think Rockstar knows the expectation people of have for this next entry and that it would at least need to be as big and ambitious as RDR2 and at most, even greater.

• Like 2

Retro_Causality
On 12/22/2022 at 3:17 PM, PP.Fang said:

All the NIE listings are probably repeatable meta events. Like cars pulled over, that’s a dead giveaway. 

869 - 872, seems like this one is influenced by player progress. Funny it has a NULL possibility. Maybe like how strangers we didn’t help end up with different outcomes in end game?

112 - 115, could these be Simeon like missions? I’m hoping it’s some possibilities for infinite odd jobs instead of one time side quests.

727 - 733, dynamic beach map, that sounds fun.

289 - 291, 326, 761, these really interested me. These sounds like events happened inside private houses. In which case the game would have crazy amount of enterable interior.

147, 148, these two are also interesting. Although it could be just NPC looking for food, it can also be NPC asking for food. Maybe that means we will have provision system like RDR.

308, 309, they sure be embracing the car meet idea. Probably parody cars&coffee.

I’ll add more.

Man Bear Pig - Origin

We are definitely still getting Scarface and Miami Vice eastern eggs. Didn’t see anything CSI or Dexter tho.

farm monster seems to be a series of stranger missions?

the "Cop Trap - Kington Hotel" could potentially be an ambush world event, and would work similarly to RDR2's ambush.

• 2 weeks later...
Retro_Causality
On 12/12/2022 at 8:56 PM, wise_man said:

It seems like Lucia is a girl with lot of girl friends, namely Iris, Shanese, Vicki. They can meet at house, hang out, ask for small favor (like RDR2's item request?), and have a welcome party (for who? Jason?). Notice how the events are named Lucia's Friends with plural and not Lucia's Friend.

Makes me wonder if we'll get a Spring Breakers-inspired scenario: Lucia, Shanese, and Vicki are tourists, invited to visit VC for spring break by Iris. Iris could be a VC native, considering she may introduce us to art fence, as what @TheHoover69 says; and has a laundry and restaurant (not necessarily means she manages them, maybe she works there?). The point is, she already has many connections in the city. During their holiday, things go wrong like all four get arrested after a wild party and they run out of money, so they decide to hold up stores around the city to fund their addictive nightlife/trip to go home.

this makes me wonder if Jason and Lucia have known each other for a long time

because if Shanese is one of Lucia's friends, there is a scene in the leaked vids of Jason hanging out with a bunch of rednecks at a trailer park pool and Wyman? says something like "look what Shanese put on life invader"

On 12/7/2022 at 2:41 PM, TheHoover69 said:

184. Farm Monster Man First Visit

183. Farm Monster Man Chemicals Request

182. Farm Monster Man Chemicals Delivery

185. Farm Monster Man Transform

Uhhh what the hell is this guy gonna turn into? 

On 12/22/2022 at 9:17 PM, PP.Fang said:

I’ll add more.

Man Bear Pig - Origin

Could also be a reference to Marvel's Man-Thing.

marvel-man-thing.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man-Thing#Fictional_character_biography

The Man-Thing is a large, slow-moving, empathic, humanoid swamp monster living in the Florida Everglades near a Seminole reservation and the fictional town of Citrusville in Cypress County (also fictional), Florida.

Young biochemist Dr. Theodore "Ted" Sallis, a native of Omaha, Nebraska, is working in the Everglades as part of Dr. Wilma Calvin's Project: Gladiator team, which includes Dr. Barbara Morse and her fiancé Dr. Paul Allen, and an assistant named Jim. A Dr. Wendell is later cited as being on the staff after Dr. Calvin is shot. The group is attempting to recreate the Super-Soldier Serum that had created Captain America.

Edited by OOI

Kid Named Finger
On 11/22/2022 at 2:00 PM, MrBreak16 said:
  • Easy Score - Bingo
  • Easy Score - Body Shop
  • Easy Score - Bulk Storage
  • Easy Score - Burnout Scooters
  • Easy Score - Cafe Carraway
  • Easy Score - Cash N Carry
  • Easy Score - Closing Store

I really hope the restaurant robbery we saw in the leak wasn't one of these scripted ones. It being in random open world would make it seem so much more dynamic and a better testament to the AI.

Kid Named Finger
On 11/22/2022 at 2:00 PM, MrBreak16 said:

Monument of Leonida

Isn't this the name of the lake from the leaks? 

1 hour ago, Kid Named Finger said:

I really hope the restaurant robbery we saw in the leak wasn't one of these scripted ones. It being in random open world would make it seem so much more dynamic and a better testament to the AI.

The Hanks Waffles robbery is almost certainly a mission based on the tutorial prompts but it does seem like we can do those kinds of robberies in the open world. In fact, that mission could be the tutorial for robberies like that

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Kid Named Finger said:

Isn't this the name of the lake from the leaks? 

If two places have that name, that raises the chances of Leonida being the states name very high.

Of course it could be that it's a monument for the lake, but that doesn't make too much sense 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Superdays said:

If two places have that name, that raises the chances of Leonida being the states name very high.

Of course it could be that it's a monument for the lake, but that doesn't make too much sense 

There is a hurricane memorial at Belle Glade near Lake Okeechobee in real life. It was made for everyone who died in the 1928 Okeechobee hurricane.

• Realistic Steak! 1

Kid Named Finger
4 hours ago, Superdays said:

Very unlikely. Plus we've only seen "Leonida" twice in the leaks, once as lake name and once here. Most likely a statue of the Greek warrior or something, not the name of the state

In the "Americas_1 2022-08-24 07-48-28" video clip, the model set of the prop that's being adjusted is "WymanCarPartsBoxedGenericUsed".

The scenario seems to be called "World_Event_Car_Parts".

The Finland guy seems to be a mechanic?

24 minutes ago, Tez2 said:

In the "Americas_1 2022-08-24 07-48-28" video clip, the model set of the prop that's being adjusted is "WymanCarPartsBoxedGenericUsed".

The scenario seems to be called "World_Event_Car_Parts".

The Finland guy seems to be a mechanic?

Wyman very well could be. Assuming he's based out in the Port Gellhorn area, I wonder if he's the one who runs or is involved with the PG Car Fence. It's looking like we'll have to scavenge the map for these car parts, as part of a side mission line, and he'll either reward us with money for them, on top of whatever cars we bring in to have fenced off, or maybe he's building something with them. 

Edited by TheHoover69

universetwisters
7 hours ago, TheHoover69 said:

…he'll either reward us with money for them, on top of whatever cars we bring in to have fenced off…

I genuinely hope the car fence isn’t gonna be something we can exploit like how Stevie in IV would take literally any vehicle we brought in off the street. Like I get that it’s fast money and money is good but I’m under the impression that Jason and Lucia are constantly broke and on the run, so it wouldn’t make sense for them to be like “wah wah we have no money” while sitting on half a million bucks 

Edited by universetwisters

sTgL5iS.png

16 minutes ago, universetwisters said:

I genuinely hope the car fence isn’t gonna be something we can exploit like how Stevie in IV would take literally any vehicle we brought in off the street. Like I get that it’s fast money and money is good but I’m under the impression that Jason and Lucia are constantly broke and on the run, so it wouldn’t make sense for them to be like “wah wah we have no money” while sitting on half a million bucks 

I imagine maybe they'll put a cooldown period, along with a cap on how many cars you can bring in on any given day. Plus, I also would like to think that the car fence won't accept just any vehicle we bring to them. They'll also most likely have a "hot sheet" of specific models they'll want brought in that they'll pay a little extra for. 

Edited by TheHoover69
  • Like 1

I could see Wyman's fence being for car parts instead of just whatever car off the street. Maybe we have to look for specific models with specific parts? I would imagine the car compendium is important here.

• Like 3