[!!!POTENTIAL SPOILERS!!!] GTAVI World/Ambient Events Speculation & Discussion

MrBreak16
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

The topic you are reading may contain spoilers for both ambient events you can find around the world, and, more importantly, spoilers about main story beats and/or character relationship mechanics, especially considering recently analysed information as of the time of writing this message.

Read this topic at your own peril!

I went back to the clip titled Americas_1 2021-12-14 19-52-44 and I once again found a few more Events listed in that clip that are not found on the compiled World Events list. I'm pretty sure there aren't anymore in the leaked clips that I missed, but I'll be going back to other clips later on to check if there's anything that's still missing. 

You can find these entries at 0:44, you may have to go frame by frame to catch these. I'll also list the corresponding entry number in the dev menu with their respective event listing.

235. Breakup (First)

236. Makeup (First)

237. Breakup (Second)

238. Makeup (Second)

239. Firework Fight (possibly a reference to this video?)

240. M7 Location

242. Passed Test

243. Failed Test

248. Gang Directions Burger Shot

249. Gang Directions Burger Shot 1

272. Kidnapping AI

274. Drug Deal Rival Gang

276. Riding Pillion Pragmatic Cool

277. Riding Pillion Pragmatic Chaotic

278. Riding Pillion Romantic Cool

279. Riding Pillion Romantic Chaotic

280. Lucia's Friends Meet At House

283. Lucia's Friends Small Favor

284. Lucia's Friends Hang Out

285. Lucia's Friends Welcome Party

286. AI Ped Target

287. Player Target

288. AI Ped Keys

289. AI Ped Keys 1

290. Player Target Keys

11 hours ago, TheHoover69 said:

I went back to the clip titled Americas_1 2021-12-14 19-52-44 and I once again found a few more Events listed in that clip that are not found on the compiled World Events list. I'm pretty sure there aren't anymore in the leaked clips that I missed, but I'll be going back to other clips later on to check if there's anything that's still missing. 

You can find these entries at 0:44, you may have to go frame by frame to catch these. I'll also list the corresponding entry number in the dev menu with their respective event listing.

235. Breakup (First)

236. Makeup (First)

237. Breakup (Second)

238. Makeup (Second)

239. Firework Fight (possibly a reference to this video?)

240. M7 Location

242. Passed Test

243. Failed Test

248. Gang Directions Burger Shot

249. Gang Directions Burger Shot 1

272. Kidnapping AI

274. Drug Deal Rival Gang

276. Riding Pillion Pragmatic Cool

277. Riding Pillion Pragmatic Chaotic

278. Riding Pillion Romantic Cool

279. Riding Pillion Romantic Chaotic

280. Lucia's Friends Meet At House

283. Lucia's Friends Small Favor

284. Lucia's Friends Hang Out

285. Lucia's Friends Welcome Party

286. AI Ped Target

287. Player Target

288. AI Ped Keys

289. AI Ped Keys 1

290. Player Target Keys

Thanks, I will add them to the list

Aside from the fact that Lucia having girlfriends she can hang with is cool as sh*t, the “cool/chaotic” thing makes me think that the “mental state” from gta online will return except this time in the story mode. Maybe it’ll affect the way our characters behave towards eachother? Affect their relationship? Turn otherwise romantic moments into chaotic ones? Pragmatic is also interesting, maybe there’s a possibility they break up and attempt to be cordial?

20 hours ago, REVENGE777 said:

Aside from the fact that Lucia having girlfriends she can hang with is cool as sh*t, the “cool/chaotic” thing makes me think that the “mental state” from gta online will return except this time in the story mode. Maybe it’ll affect the way our characters behave towards eachother? Affect their relationship? Turn otherwise romantic moments into chaotic ones? Pragmatic is also interesting, maybe there’s a possibility they break up and attempt to be cordial?

That's what I'm curious about as well. From what we know right now is that there are two specific moments listed in the events that, I'm speculating, let the player decide how to let Jason and Lucia's relationship develop. 

Radio Song - Pragmatic Cool

Radio Song - Pragmatic Chaotic

Radio Song - Romantic Cool

Radio Song - Romantic Chaotic

Perhaps the Radio Song event could be a tender moment between the two protags singing together (I'm reminded of the campfire songs from RDR2 and how the player can have Arthur join in singing) or the player could choose for them to keep it more professional, for better (cool?) or for worse (chaotic?)

SIDE NOTE: I'm instantly reminded of this scene from the movie, The Chase (1994) which starts at 1:27

Riding Pillion - Romantic Cool

Riding Pillion - Romantic Chaotic

Riding Pillion - Pragmatic Cool

Riding Pillion - Pragmatic Chaotic

Now I didn't know this, and I had to look it up, but apparently a pillion is the term for the rear passenger seat on a motorcycle or moped. It's also a passenger seat for a horse saddle mainly for women. So I think it's pretty obvious what this event is implying, in that there will be a time when Jason is driving a motorcycle or maybe even riding a horse with Lucia riding with him. Once again, the player will have the choice to let things get a little more romantic for the protags or maybe keep things professional, for better or for worse. 

674. Pragmatic Chaotic

675. Pragmatic Chaotic

676. Pragmatic Cool

677. Pragmatic Cool

708. Romantic Chaotic

709. Romantic Chaotic

710. Romantic Cool

711. Romantic Cool

Lastly, there are these entries that don't have any specific details attached to them. Either these are more events, or perhaps it's probably dev/test function or something. I'm willing to bet that there are more Romantic/Pragmatic moments in the game that we haven't seen listed yet, there's no way this is the finished list for sure. 

Edited by TheHoover69

I’m thinking that Cool/Chaotic is similar to the honor system (based on player actions, if I had to guess it would be focused on how you go about committing crimes) and Pragmatic/Romantic is specifically how you play the relationship between Jason and Lucia. I have a feeling that they’re gonna play as a consistent pair and most missions will include both of them, with solo missions being more of a side thing. I’m not entirely sure what new gameplay mechanics this is gonna bring but I would guess that how you play these characters determines certain abilities you get. Would probably also affect how other characters perceive you. I could imagine during the Lucia hangout events that her friends would share concerns if say, Jason is always cheating with prostitutes or something lol. 

I’m also gonna guess that the Breakup/Makeup events are apart of this as well, probably important if you play Romantic Chaotic lol. 

Edited by babydracula

Idgaf what anyone says, from what we can speculate so far, this is the most interesting concept r* has ever done.

Hm... Seems to me some of these entries and this newly found potential alternative to RDR2's honour system may have story spoilers, I'm not entirely sure what we should do with that. Should there be a warning about story (and not just ambient) event spoilers potentially being present here?

That said, this whole chaotic/calm and pragmatic/romantic thing sound awesome, especially if it influences the world around you, like the RDR2 honour system on steroids!

Edited by Spider-Vice
grammar
  • Like 6

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

This has now got me wondering if part of the reason why the writers canned the Arthur/Sadie romance thing was to save it and develop it for GTA6 since it seems that this game is gonna be based around the Bonnie & Clyde gimmick. Too far of a reach? In any case, I'm here for it!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheHoover69 said:

This has now got me wondering if part of the reason why the writers canned the Arthur/Sadie romance thing was to save it and develop it for GTA6 since it seems that this game is gonna be based around the Bonnie & Clyde gimmick. Too far of a reach? In any case, I'm here for it!

Uh, I don't think so. Roger Clark himself implied that Arthur's canned second love interest was in fact Abigail, not Sadie.

(timestamped)

Imagine playing as Jason and going to a bikini pool party and Lucia pulls up and busts Jason across his head:prismkek: talk about chaotic 

1. WYMSC - Met After Shootout
  2. WYMSC - Met Jason
  3. WYMSC - Never Met After Shootout
  4. WYMSC - Never Met Jason

Idk if these specific ones have been talked about before but could this be a clue that at the beginning of the story Jason and Lucia don’t know eachother at all? Maybe the “shootout” is the chance encounter where they cross paths, maybe similar to how niko and Luis crossed paths in three lead clover?

also just noticed this is rockstars second Hispanic protagonist and their name is similar to the first ones. Luis and Lucia. Not relevant, just thought I’d point it out lol.

BigBoyBertram

40 minutes ago, REVENGE777 said:
  2. WYMSC - Met Jason

Idk if these specific ones have been talked about before but could this be a clue that at the beginning of the story Jason and Lucia don’t know eachother at all? Maybe the “shootout” is the chance encounter where they cross paths, maybe similar to how niko and Luis crossed paths in three lead clover?

also just noticed this is rockstars second Hispanic protagonist and their name is similar to the first ones. Luis and Lucia. Not relevant, just thought I’d point it out lol.

Damn, that is a really cool thought and discovery. I wonder how Rockstar could even implement something quite like this with how traditionally cinematic their games have been since 2008. If this is in the game, I imagine at the start we would choose a specific character and have a unique backstory (hopefully something that is not like that Cyberpunk bullsh*t)? The thought of distinctive and individual beginnings is really damn cool. Although, based on the wording above, I imagine we start the game as Lucia, as the option to meet Lucia is not present. Interesting. 

Also watch Lucia's last name be something like Leon lol. If that's the case I guess Rockstar really liked TBOGT lmfao.

Edited by BigBoyBertram
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigBoyBertram said:

Although, based on the wording above, I imagine we start the game as Lucia, as the option to meet Lucia is not present. Interesting.

Looking at it again, the “met/never met” seem to be from Jason’s perspective while like you said “met Jason/never met jason” is obviously from Lucia’s perspective, so maybe it will be like you said and we get to choose at the beginning or the character switch mechanic is unlocked before the two ever meet, therefore opening up the opportunity to cross paths BEFORE the shootout, like how you can get Franklin and Trevor to unofficially meet before their mission together 🤔

BigBoyBertram
2 minutes ago, REVENGE777 said:

Looking at it again, the “met/never met” seem to be from Jason’s perspective while like you said “met Jason/never met jason” is obviously from Lucia’s perspective, so maybe it will be like you said and we get to choose at the beginning or the character switch mechanic is unlocked before the two ever meet, therefore opening up the opportunity to cross paths BEFORE the shootout, like how you can get Franklin and Trevor to unofficially meet before their mission together 🤔

Ah I see, thanks for the correction man. It is certainly exciting to think about in general. The relationship angle between protagonists is something that comes across as genuinely exciting and fresh if it's executed right. I'm eager to see if Rockstar can pull it off when it releases. 

Edited by BigBoyBertram
  • Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

8 hours ago, REVENGE777 said:
  • WYMSC - Met After Shootout
  • WYMSC - Met Jason
  • WYMSC - Never Met After Shootout
  • WYMSC - Never Met Jason

To me this sounds more like a world event there it changes depending on whether the person has already met Jason or hasn't plus where and when it happened. Similar to the events in RDR2, where the encounter changes whether you've met a person as Arthur or not before meeting later on as John.

10 hours ago, REVENGE777 said:
  2. WYMSC - Met Jason

Pretty sure these would be connected with the previous two events

1. Wyman Initial Meet
  2. Wyman's Rant

At least, that's what I believe "WYM" refers to.

Edited by Tez2

It might be that event has variations depending on whether you've used Jason or not to do it. I can honestly see using (or not using) each (or both?) character for specific things will have an impact in the game world/game events.

Maybe that person will act a different way if you've ever had them meet Jason, etc.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

16 minutes ago, Tez2 said:

Pretty sure these would be connected with the previous two events

1. Wyman Initial Meet
  2. Wyman's Rant

At least, that's what I believe "WYM" refers to.

9 hours ago, BigBoyBertram said:

Damn, that is a really cool thought and discovery. I wonder how Rockstar could even implement something quite like this with how traditionally cinematic their games have been since 2008. If this is in the game, I imagine at the start we would choose a specific character and have a unique backstory (hopefully something that is not like that Cyberpunk bullsh*t)? The thought of distinctive and individual beginnings is really damn cool. Although, based on the wording above, I imagine we start the game as Lucia, as the option to meet Lucia is not present. Interesting. 

Also watch Lucia's last name be something like Leon lol. If that's the case I guess Rockstar really liked TBOGT lmfao.

10 hours ago, REVENGE777 said:
  2. WYMSC - Met Jason

If I'm not mistaken, someone on the forums (I forget who it was) speculated that the WYMSC could stand for When You Meet Second Character. Could be totally wrong, but it would tie into the whole "picking which of the two protags you wanna start with at the start" theory, because who is to say who the second character is? On the other hand, it could very well just be the same mechanic from RDR2 where you meet a side character as Arthur first and then later as John, like the Veteran sidequest 

11 hours ago, REVENGE777 said:

Holy sh*t

Wyman seems to be a pretty important character so WYMSC referring to him makes sense. I’m pretty sure he’s the guy in the pool clip laying in the chair (not the Finland guy). Assuming thats him, he mentions Shanese who also appears a few times in the event list and is probably one of Lucias friends alongside Vicki and Iris, so I don’t think Jason and Lucia are strangers at the start of the game. The Met Jason ones probably refer to interactions with NPCs

1 hour ago, babydracula said:

Wyman seems to be a pretty important character so WYMSC referring to him makes sense. I’m pretty sure he’s the guy in the pool clip laying in the chair (not the Finland guy). Assuming thats him, he mentions Shanese who also appears a few times in the event list and is probably one of Lucias friends alongside Vicki and Iris, so I don’t think Jason and Lucia are strangers at the start of the game. The Met Jason ones probably refer to interactions with NPCs

Wyman is the Finland guy unfortunately lol. If you look at the clip, you'll see that the dev who is testing the scene has his character highlighted with all the animation and movement specs highlighted in the TASKS menu. Every time the guy talks, there's a line that lights up in the menu that says SPEAKING: WYMAN. It will dim iteself when Wyman is not speaking, changing to SPOKEN: WYMAN

I believe this may be the Wyman's Rant in the event list, or this could be something else entirely. But that is definitely Wyman for sure

Edited by TheHoover69

2 hours ago, TheHoover69 said:

Wyman is the Finland guy unfortunately lol. If you look at the clip, you'll see that the dev who is testing the scene has his character highlighted with all the animation and movement specs highlighted in the TASKS menu. Every time the guy talks, there's a line that lights up in the menu that says SPEAKING: WYMAN. It will dim iteself when Wyman is not speaking, changing to SPOKEN: WYMAN

I believe this may be the Wyman's Rant in the event list, or this could be something else entirely. But that is definitely Wyman for sure

Oh f*ck yeah, thats even better than what I thought lol

• Like 2
  • KEKW 1

BigBoyBertram
7 minutes ago, Matushka said:

Nitpick, but anything related to cops arresting NPCs like in GTA IV?

There are numerous references to cop traps and arrest events. It is unknown exactly what these could represent, whether they are more organic or scripted RDRII style ambushes involving law enforcement. 

On 11/22/2022 at 1:30 AM, MrBreak16 said:
  • Cop Arrest Encounter
  • Cop Patdown
  • Cop Patdown (Gang Male Found Nothing)
  • Cop Patdown (Gang Male Found Something)
  • Cop Patdown (Location 2 Found Nothing)
  • Cop Patdown (Location 2 Found Something)
  • Cop Trap - Alley
  • Cop Trap - Bingo
  • Cop Trap - Body Shop
  • Cop Trap - Bulk Storage
Edited by BigBoyBertram
  • Like 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

184. Farm Monster Man First Visit

183. Farm Monster Man Chemicals Request

182. Farm Monster Man Chemicals Delivery

185. Farm Monster Man Transform

Uhhh what the hell is this guy gonna turn into? 

10 hours ago, TheHoover69 said:

184. Farm Monster Man First Visit

183. Farm Monster Man Chemicals Request

182. Farm Monster Man Chemicals Delivery

185. Farm Monster Man Transform

Uhhh what the hell is this guy gonna turn into? 

My guess would be a Farm Monster.

One of Wisemen

It seems like Lucia is a girl with lot of girl friends, namely Iris, Shanese, Vicki. They can meet at house, hang out, ask for small favor (like RDR2's item request?), and have a welcome party (for who? Jason?). Notice how the events are named Lucia's Friends with plural and not Lucia's Friend.

Makes me wonder if we'll get a Spring Breakers-inspired scenario: Lucia, Shanese, and Vicki are tourists, invited to visit VC for spring break by Iris. Iris could be a VC native, considering she may introduce us to art fence, as what @TheHoover69 says; and has a laundry and restaurant (not necessarily means she manages them, maybe she works there?). The point is, she already has many connections in the city. During their holiday, things go wrong like all four get arrested after a wild party and they run out of money, so they decide to hold up stores around the city to fund their addictive nightlife/trip to go home.

Edited by wise_man
  • Like 1
  • Bruh 1

spacer.png

10 hours ago, wise_man said:

It seems like Lucia is a girl with lot of girl friends, namely Iris, Shanese, Vicki. They can meet at house, hang out, ask for small favor (like RDR2's item request?), and have a welcome party (for who? Jason?). Notice how the events are named Lucia's Friends with plural and not Lucia's Friend.

Makes me wonder if we'll get a Spring Breakers-inspired scenario: Lucia, Shanese, and Vicki are tourists, invited to visit VC for spring break by Iris. Iris could be a VC native, considering she may introduce us to art fence, as what @TheHoover69 says; and has a laundry and restaurant (not necessarily means she manages them, maybe she works there?). The point is, she already has many connections in the city. During their holiday, things go wrong like all four get arrested after a wild party and they run out of money, so they decide to hold up stores around the city to fund their addictive nightlife/trip to go home.

Hmmmmm, could be a possibility but I'm not sure of that scenario being very likely. It is true, yes, that Iris does introduce the player, specifically Lucia (as indicated in the dev menu under the IsPlayableCharacterRule, with the parameter set to Lucia), to the Art Fence. Now, the question is whether or not Iris actually knows that the Art Fence is someone who moves stolen artwork and antiquities, or maybe Iris is under the impression that this guy is just some "weird art collector." 

Now another thing to note is the fact that Shanese possibly knows the guy lying down on the lawn chair as according to the dialogue in clip Americas 2022-09-06 17-13-34. Right at the start of the clip if you read the subtitles, the guy says "I'm just looking at this video Shanese posted on Lifeinvader." Obviously, this suggests that this dude knows Shanese and is probably friends with her on the app, or maybe just follows her for funny/interesting content. Another interesting tidbit is the fact the for the event Wyman Initial Meet, Lucia is supposed to be the protagonist who meets him first according to the IsPlayableCharacterRule with the parameter once again set to Lucia. The word Initial in this context suggests to me that Jason doesn't know Wyman at first, and since the dude lying down in the chair is watching a video that Shanese posted to Lifeinvader, and Shanese is one of Lucia's friends, it's possible that Shanese is the one who puts Lucia into contact with Wyman, who then later brings Jason along to meet him at some point. 

Edited by TheHoover69

On 12/5/2022 at 9:09 PM, REVENGE777 said:
  2. WYMSC - Met Jason

lucia also looks puerto rican same as luis