2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Top 5 most disappointing games for you? (in no particular order)

The Artist

Which 5 games were the biggest let-downs for you? I'll start

- Watch_Dogs 1 

Was pretty hyped for this one. Based on the marketing it seemed to be something unique and felt like it could compete with GTA. Sadly Aiden turned out to be a boring main character. The driving was bad and the hacking gimmick became boring after a while.

- Assassin's Creed 3

After the excellent AC2, this was a big letdown. The setting was bland and while Haytham was a great character, Connor was really bland and didn't create much of an impact. Shame because the Native American angle was unique and could've been interesting if it had been done well.

- Batman Arkham Knight

This came out after Arkham City and just messed up with the Batmobile stuff. We finally get to drive the Batmobile, but it's overused too much everywhere and became tedious. The story was nowhere near as good as City. The improved gliding and the bigger map are the only things it did better.

- Forza Horizon 4

While the new Seasons stuff was interesting for a while, the UK map just felt dull. The engine sounds were also worse than Horizon 3 for some reason which was another disappointment.

- Mafia 3

The setting was unique and this could have been one of most the iconic games of all time. Unfortunately the extreme repetitiveness killed it. The map felt unfinished and Lincoln Clay felt like a Punisher ripoff with less depth. A shame because the documentary style cutscenes were cool and the soundtrack was really good.

Paradise  GIF                                                                                                                                                                             

GTA Trilogy DE

While I was able to play GTA VC via PS Plus, I didn't buy any of them and you probably know why. The remastering effort was okay, but they messed up on many things they should have improved upon. While doing mocap was not an option unless it was a total remake (meaning they also have to re-record the voice-overs for cutscenes and basically everything), they could have improved on the animations and made everything move smoother and more modern. Them saying they carried over their respective art styles was just another way of saying they're cutting corners. Ken Rosenberg, Catalina, Salvatore, Kent Paul, Lance, Victor, Phil Cassidy, Jethro, Dwayne, etc. should have had a consistent art style, even though they're expected to look a lot different from their iterations.

MW2 2022

SBMM ruined everything. Much worse than MW2019. Played the beta; didn't buy.

Will add more sometime. I don't really pre-order/buy video games, unless I'm familiar with the series.

• Like 2

Just Cause 4.

BF2042.

GTA Trilogy DE.

Far Cry 5.

Forza Horizon 5.  
Disappointed that it wasn’t set in Japan.   The Mexico setting felt too similar to FH3’s Australia.

• Like 2

I can name more than 5.... I don't know if i can truly say they were entirely disappointing. They each were at least disappointing in some way.

-Assassins Creed

Played the first one, pretty boring. Played half of it, then took like 2 months off and finally finished it.

Downloaded the second one, was like "I'm not getting into this series because I know there's going to be like 50 games" and deleted it.

-Bioshock (series)

Somehow I managed to play all 3. I have ABSOLUTLELY NO IDEA what the story is about. How did I manage to make it through?

-LA Noire

Played half, took a few months off, played the rest. This was painstaking, and probably one of the worst games ever made.

-Watch Dogs

Don't know if I can really count this one. Downloaded it. Played 15 minutes. Deleted it. Once again, I have no time for another new series that will go on forever.

-Far Cry 2

Enemies respawning after u step 10 feet away, and having to take medicine. Not compelling.

Played a bit, then on one playthrough (maybe 10 hours in?) it crashed and I lost an hour of progress, so I gave up.

-Far Cry 4

Good game overall, but it was a clone of 3. Was excited about another good villian, but he only appears in 3 scenes???

Resident Evil 6

-They went full action and crazy with this one. The story was so outlandish, and they made you play through it 4 times. So happy they sort of rebooted for 7.

-Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs

Did not live up to Dark Descent at all. Enemies were nowhere near as scary. I have yet to play Amnesia 2.

-Crysis 2/3

Good games, but they seemed more like Call of Duty games, and lost the originality of the first game.

Why different aliens? Why the weird nanosuit story?

-Dead Space 3

Lost the horror. They went too much toward action, and the story was boring. And don't get me started on the drama...

In general for the series (and games overall) I can't stand any sort of "artifact/lore/mythical" stuff. Why can't it just be aliens? None of this spiritual interdimensional stuff.

-Saints Row 4

Loved 3, but this was too ridiculous, and nothing really stood out at the same time.

-Battlefield 1

Really boring. Can't say much else.

-Battlefield 3/4

As far as I remember, they were pretty good, but were identical to the Modern Warfare games. Even the villian had a similar name!

-Red Dead Redemption 2 (You'll hate me for this one)

First half was super boring, and enemies and animals would spawn out of nowhere and kill you. Finally got good at the end of Chapter 3.

Online is a wasteland, and I don't know why they bothered making an online game set in 1900. No potential at all. Waste of time when we already have GTA Online.

That's all for now. If I feel like it, I might continue with the console/Nintendo edition.

• Bruh 1

GTA Trilogy DE

While I was able to play GTA VC via PS Plus, I didn't buy any of them and you probably know why. The remastering effort was okay, but they messed up on many things they should have improved upon. While doing mocap was not an option unless it was a total remake (meaning they also have to re-record the voice-overs for cutscenes and basically everything), they could have improved on the animations and made everything move smoother and more modern. Them saying they carried over their respective art styles was just another way of saying they're cutting corners. Ken Rosenberg, Catalina, Salvatore, Kent Paul, Lance, Victor, Phil Cassidy, Jethro, Dwayne, etc. should have had a consistent art style, even though they're expected to look a lot different from their iterations.

MW2 2022

SBMM ruined everything. Much worse than MW2019. Played the beta; didn't buy. The problem with the MW Reboot formula is that on one hand, they're implementing tactical shooter features via slower movements, realistic gunplay, gun customization, teamwork-oriented killstreaks, etc. but, on the other hand, these games are still fast-paced and teamwork and tactical planning doesn't fetch good gameplay rewards. Camping won't get you that many kills and guaranteed wins, it only helps you survive and boost your k/d ratio a little bit. If you're a really good camper and people have the brains, then they will probably avoid that line of sight and shoot it out somewhere else. So, you'll only get a handful of kills before anyone else before RPG rockets rain down or they'll just avoid that spot. I've played 800 hours off MW2019 since the SBMM was okay and I got good. But, I guess the good old days are over. If they made the SBMM more forgiving, then I would have thought of playing MW2022 sometime.

Far Cry 6

Although I just played a tiny slither of the game, I think my impression was valid enough in that FC6 doesn't have an arcade mode as I've spent hundreds of hours on Arcade mode alone in FC5. The resistance members weren't as vibrant as some of FC5's characters and I don't like the Art Style and awful mocap. I would have loved playing in the two urban centers with the tanks and aircraft, but the gameplay just doesn't feel like it.

Metro 2033-Exodus

It took me a decade to finally play Metro2033 and Last Light. I didn't like how both games the difficulty is ridiculous. I just played on Normal as I didn't want to use up my precious ammo. The animations were also sh*t, even when compared to similar games at the time of their release. The sound design is sh*t that everything sounds like they were downloaded for free off the internet. Metro Exodus has pretty graphics, but it still controls like ass all the time. They should hire some AAA FPS animators.

• KEKW 1

Algonquin Assassin

-Mafia III. On paper Mafia III sounded interesting and it was for the first couple of hours, but once the game started to open up that’s when its issues really reared their head IMO.

-Life is Strange 2. Loved the first game, but struggled to get into the second one. Story wasn’t as good and didn’t feel as personal and endearing as the first game.

-Session. Skate Sim. I bought this about a month or two back because the idea of a realistic skateboarding game sounded intriguing to me.

Admittedly the controls turned me off, but with some practice I could get used to it. However it wasn’t just that. The way it was presented was really bland. Subpar visuals and the levels felt very empty for some reason. Better off sticking to Tony Hawk or Skate.

-Watch Dogs: Legion. I had a feeling being able to play as anyone was going to be a gimmick to its detriment and I was right. Totally killed any enthusiasm I had. Aiden and Marcus might not be in realm of Niko, Arthur, Ellie etc, but I would rather play them in their respective games than some random construction worker or old lady.

-The Godfather Part II. It’s ironic since its movie counterpart is such a landmark of cinema, but the game really failed in my eyes.

The first game while not exactly a masterpiece was at least competent with what it was trying to do. Part II on the other hand completely messed it up. One of the worst games I ever purchased on PS3.

• Like 2

Boardwalk Empire Episode 2.1 Review - That Shelf

BigBoyBertram
On 11/22/2022 at 4:58 AM, DODI3OG said:

Metro 2033-Exodus

lol okay so I never played exodus but you are not entirely wrong here

Metro 2033 and Last Light were never cutting edge technically. I still loved them for the really interesting lore and world, as well as the fantastic atmosphere. They can be very frustrating to play though sometimes 

Forza Horizon 4 - Horizon post-debut sort of struggled with originality, but at least it maintained a sense of quality and a genuine love for cars through the 2nd and 3rd installment. But with 4, it was a different story. Quality took a nosedive. So many bugs, shoddy car models. They somehow managed to screw up porting many cars as well and some of those errors still exist today in FH5. And the sounds... I don't know what was worse. The sounds, or the idiotic braindead fanbase defending the sounds and pretending everything was okay. Drive the entire car list of FH1 through the northern part of the map, with those tunnels, back to back. It's godly and the accuracy in those sounds was jaw dropping. Now do it in FH4 down the freeway... how did they go so wrong? Fortunately, FH5 fixed/reverse many of these problems, but once again some of those bad sounds still transferred over. Ruined that game (FH4) for me. I only enjoyed the game when I was in a car that didn't have modeling issues and had an okay/good sound and that was a bit of a minority. The story and career was about as boring and uninspired as you could get, and the soundtrack was dogsh*t. You call this a music festival? To make matters worse, the game was rated E to attract a broader audience. So censored songs. Can't say god or die. Cringey dialogue. Horrible DLC and the best cars were locked behind tedious seasonal playlists afterwards. Horizon became a shell of itself.

The introduction of seasons was nice, and I actually liked the laid back setting a bit, it was relaxing and I prefer cruising through countryside, not cities. I did hate winter, snow covering 80% of the roads and you had to deal with it for a week. And the Scotland part of the map was so half-assed and too small. There were also too few curvy roads for spirited driving. The game was just not very good, at all. FH5 was far better to me, but unfortunately it suffers the same story/DLC/playlist issues and multiplayer is dreadful, although it was in FH4 as well.

Grand Theft Auto 5 - This game at launch was garbage. Probably the only game where I started out loving it and grew to hate it. Hard to describe. Yeah the story wasn't exactly my cup of tea, but the problem to me was obvious cut corners, lack of content and things sacrificed to provide wow factor. And then... all that was cut was added back to GTA:Online, making it the game it almost should've been... but it's locked to GTA:Online. And storymode has been forgotten about and no one cares. I merely tolerated GTA:Online for the exclusive content. Getting a gaming PC became my best investment. Mods fixed everything and now it sort of feels like I'm playing the game GTA V should've been... but yeah. This cash cow is pretty high up there as far as gaming disappointments.

Need for Speed Undercover - Haven't played this game since late 00's to be honest. But I remember being hyped for it being an updated version of Most Wanted/Undercover. Game came out feeling so half-assed, unfinished and easy to play that it was a huge disappointment at the time.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 - This game now is kind of nostalgic and very cool. But back when it was new, I had been playing TDU1 for a while which was just an all around 10/10 game considering when it debuted. They really did a good job at making a game about the lifestyle of an exotic car collector. Going to dealerships, speccing out cars, buying houses, touring a life sized map, etc. TDU2 expanded on that... although lots of corners were cut. The game was buggy, not very pretty to look at, the car selection was small mundane compared to TDU1 and missing obvious brands like Lamborghini. And the story was bad. They also cut corners on the dealership experience. Less speccing options. The beauty of TDU1 was I could drive to an Aston Martin/Lotus dealership, pick from a selection of Aston Martins let's say a DB9. And then select from a range of real-life OEM colors, OEM wheels, OEM interior colors and trims, then take it for a test drive and buy it. Then buy another version of the car like the Volante and make a twin spec. In TDU... you go there, pick a car, have very few options and no other variant to pair it with... feels just like any other boring racing game then. I like personalizing stuff, that's what an exotic car collector lifestyle is all about.

But again, it's sort of a nostalgic game now. TDU1 looks very old and is harder to get back into. And TDU Solar Crown is wounding up to be a total flop if it even comes out with it's crappy small ass Hong Kong map and no houses.

Edited by ddarko12

18 hours ago, BigBoyBertram said:

lol okay so I never played exodus but you are not entirely wrong here

Metro 2033 and Last Light were never cutting edge technically. I still loved them for the really interesting lore and world, as well as the fantastic atmosphere. They can be very frustrating to play though sometimes 

Gotta admit, I really love the lore. Esp. reading Artyom's journal every now and then. They really caught the subterranean, post-apocalyptic vibe, but even at 60fps, the movement and sound design is nauseating.

• Like 1

Cyberpunk 2077 (at launch) - Always liked the story and characters, hated the bugs and some systems that are now bearable. 

Watch_Dogs Legion - Such a shame that a map as interesting as London is wasted on the forgettable story and really annoying mechanics that the "play as anyone" gimmick gave us.

Ghost Recon Breakpoint - Considering how much i loved Wildlands and it's co-op, breakpoint being so modern Ubi-Game like really killed it in less than 2 hours of playtime, leveled enemies and weapons? give me a break, what I loved about wildlands is that you could beat the game using the starting weapons, there was no forced progression, you adapt to what you wanted to use.

Don't think I have 5, but here's a few off the top of my head:

Uncharted 4 - I didn't expect anything groundbreaking, just wanted to have some fun, but my God, the gameplay falls apart so hard if you play on Crushing. It becomes such a sh*t show, you can't help but hate this freaking mess. One could say that I should never have started the very first playthrough on Crushing, but I had done so with the trilogy before and had an absolute blast. Gameplay-wise, 4 is easily the worst one. The addition of stealth to the game ruined it completely for me.

The Last of Us 2 - I'm one of the few who appreciates the first game more so for its gameplay rather than the story, so, however disappointing, I wasn't much offput by all the story issues. Unfortunately, the gameplay has also proven to be rather disappointing to my taste. The pattern of having an open area filled with enemies that you can approach however you like repeats itself throughout the entire game, which becomes tiresome by the end of a long campaign. The first one was more scripted, but at the same time more diverse in that sense; the encounters were more memorable.

GTA Trilogy Remastered - I haven't played it, hardly ever will, but I hate that I spent so much time on this forum being hyped up for this mess. 

Edited by Donald Lov

• 2 weeks later...

Watch Dogs 1, they marketed it like total GTA killer, when it is junk food.

Saints Row Reboot- This is reason why cant have nice thing anymore.

Mafia 2-They butchered future masterpiece, because Take 2 wanted quick cash from new studio. Perfectly normal stuff having game cut into ten DLCs on release.

Red Dead Redemption 2- Good game, but micro managing ruined it for me. Okay Rockstar, Arthur taking bath every ingame day, is not fun. Even when bath lady has enormous sweating tits...

Im deciding between La Noire and Max Payne 3, but Max Payne talking how everything sucks every room he enters, is too much even for my taste. Really cringe game from this view.

30 minutes ago, Ondr4H said:

Watch Dogs 1, they marketed it like total GTA killer, when it is junk food.

Saints Row Reboot- This is reason why cant have nice thing anymore.

Mafia 2-They butchered future masterpiece, because Take 2 wanted quick cash from new studio. Perfectly normal stuff having game cut into ten DLCs on release.

Red Dead Redemption 2- Good game, but micro managing ruined it for me. Okay Rockstar, Arthur taking bath every ingame day, is not fun. Even when bath lady has enormous sweating tits...

Im deciding between La Noire and Max Payne 3, but Max Payne talking how everything sucks every room he enters, is too much even for my taste. Really cringe game from this view.

Nothing forces you to take a bath every ingame day in RDR2, no idea how you even came up with that.

22 minutes ago, Mexicola9302 said:

Nothing forces you to take a bath every ingame day in RDR2, no idea how you even came up with that.

It mess some cores when he is  dirty, i figured it out.

Like when he have bad eating habitat, he became skinny or fat. Wild West Tamagotchi my ass...

Seriously I saw too many players have completely drained cores and skinny or fat Arthur and Horse, that Im doubting people understand it, but they say its best game in universe. And Im stupid for saying something.

Edited by Ondr4H
  • Like 1

Nah i think the game is boring af, but i never had issues with Arthur being dirty afaik.

Creed Bratton

Mafia 2 stands out to me the most because it's almost a masterpiece, but it just needed more time in development. A lot of features and missions were cut from the final game and we never got to see the full vision of Mafia 2 realized. I am convinced that it would be regarded as one of the greatest games of all time if the circumstances of its development were different.

I'm sure I'll have more to say about other games, but I'm tired so this will suffice for now.

12 minutes ago, Creed Bratton said:

Mafia 2 stands out to me the most because it's almost a masterpiece, but it just needed more time in development. A lot of features and missions were cut from the final game and we never got to see the full vision of Mafia 2 realized. I am convinced that it would be regarded as one of the greatest games of all time if the circumstances of its development were different.

I'm sure I'll have more to say about other games, but I'm tired so this will suffice for now.

When Mafia 2 was pushed hard to release and main czech director quit studio before release because there was so much pressure I finally understood that greed is sin and is ruining everything good.

They ruined even mafia 3 from same reason, they dont give them room to make everything perfect because it was really ambitious project.

To this days is know as bugfest, albeit they did miracles fixing stuff and DLCs that almost nobody played according to global archievements on Steam was perfection for me.

TwistOfLime21

Hard to think of five that I was looking forward to but disappointed me so two will do for now. Several that I thought would be decent so my expectations weren't that high going in.

Shadow Of The Tomb Raider. 

I loved this series, especially Rise, but this one seemed to miss the mark. The story was extremely short and pretty average, especially compared to the previous two games. 

Alan Wake.

A game I heard plenty of good things about but playing it was a different story. It was literally just walking around and lighting then shooting the same NPCs. Definitely won't be checking out the sequel.

• 2 weeks later...
  1. F.E.A.R. 2 so dumbed down compared to the first game everything about it is pretty much a downgrade.
  2. Crysis 2 pretty much the same as F.E.A.R. 2.
  3. Mafia 3 guns sound weak combat isn't satisfy bland open world repetitive mission design.
  4. Far Cry 2 respawning guard post annoying Malaria fetch quests.
  5. Doom Eternal forced to do glory kills for every kill feels like every kill is a QTE also all the platforming feels out of place.

In Order of Most disappointing to least

1. Arkham Knight: Took the amazing Arkham City formula and just destroyed it with those tank battles.

2. Assassin's Creed Rogue: Still probably the best idea they've ever had for an AC game but it was such a condensed version of what previous games in the series were that everything felt rushed and felt unearned.

3. Spider-Man PS4: This one's a victim of hype more than anything. I didn't get to play it until just recently when it came to PC and it just didn't live up to the praise. There were great bits, for sure, but there was far too much not being Spider-Man for my liking. It was the equivalent of playing a Batman game but you're stuck solving puzzles on the Batcomputer as Bruce Wayne, stealthing around as Alfred, and stealthing around as Robin for a third of the story.

4. Watch Dogs: Legion: I loved the "play as anyone" mechanic but it felt like they stripped away all of the second game's improvements in order to accommodate it. Trade off wasn't worth it in my opinion.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 4:48 PM, Frabbi 01 said:

-Red Dead Redemption 2

Online is a wasteland, and I don't know why they bothered making an online game set in 1900. No potential at all. Waste of time when we already have GTA Online.

Heavily disagree with this, Rockstar just went about it wrong. That's like saying no point in Single Player when we have GTA V

Without any sarcasm, Agents of Mayhem

It would have been an excellent way to finally keep the silly weird stuff AoM and go about it it's own way then have SR1/2 or even 3 direction onwards and all would be great. Honestly Agents of Mayhem was an interesting premise lore and gameplay wise and could have stood out very well. 

Edited by KingAJ032304
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, KingAJ032304 said:

Heavily disagree with this, Rockstar just went about it wrong. That's like saying no point in Single Player when we have GTA V

Without any sarcasm, Agents of Mayhem

It would have been an excellent way to finally keep the silly weird stuff AoM and go about it it's own way then have SR1/2 or even 3 direction onwards and all would be great. Honestly Agents of Mayhem was an interesting premise lore and gameplay wise and could have stood out very well. 

I find it so weird, that as a huge fan of SR3, and somewhat of SR4, and looking forward to what would've been 5, that I somehow never heard of AoM????? (Until a few months ago) Maybe I did, and ignored it because it seems pointless? No idea.

On a side note im still on the fence about the new SR. Was pretty excited, then heard it's boring. If it comes to Steam and goes on sale I might eventually buy it anyway.

Edited by Frabbi 01

1. F.E.A.R. 3 (wtf was this but "fine" co-op I guess)
  2. Far Cry 6 ... (very badly written story, just that alone.)
  3. Tropico 5 :bruh: (couldn't they bother adding more stuff? Even Tropico 6 feels the same as Tropico 4 ..)
  4. Assassin's Creed Unity (nothing to do with performance my pc run it really well, I only finished it in 2020 during the lockdowns, combat was fun but too repetitive and boring story to me)
  5. Far Cry 2 (played it in 2009 first time, it was nice and all but the lack of story kills it, it is atmospheric and realistic though still holds up but it gets boring. I started it 5 times and I never once was able to complete it.)
  6. Prince of Persia III: The Two Thrones (I loved it but it felt like they didn't bother doing much and the "boss" fights sucked, it was also only 15 hours long, they could of done far more and have newer graphics, the location/mythology and even the story was amazing but was disappointed as it had so much potential.)

Other than that I still liked them,  I just think they had more issues than others my opinion.

Edited by 44Orca

200w.webp38772cd2c147704ea359d835ba022fdb.gif

Edited by 44Orca
reply didn't merge

200w.webp38772cd2c147704ea359d835ba022fdb.gif

Wolfenstein: The New Order <--incredible  to hard

RAGE 2  <-- too repetitive, enemy's too small on the road side

Slender: The Arrival  <--- depended on loud noises to much and took to long to  get to the point and show one  enemy

Half-Life 2 <-- to hard to use with game controller

Hitman 2 <--- too repetitive, youtube walkthrough help video's needed to figure out what to do

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

On the Waterfront 1954 M.Brando

4 hours ago, Frabbi 01 said:

I find it so weird, that as a huge fan of SR3, and somewhat of SR4, and looking forward to what would've been 5, that I somehow never heard of AoM????? (Until a few months ago) Maybe I did, and ignored it because it seems pointless? No idea.

On a side note im still on the fence about the new SR. Was pretty excited, then heard it's boring. If it comes to Steam and goes on sale I might eventually buy it anyway.

Did you not like SR2 or something?

4 hours ago, Craigsters said:

Half-Life 2 <-- to hard to use with game controller

Can I get medal, I finished it on Nvidia tablet only with gamepad. No auto aim, assist nothibg. First time I ever played with gamepad :kekw: . I like to live dangerously !

6 hours ago, KingAJ032304 said:

Did you not like SR2 or something?

Never played 1 or 2. Never looked into them at all. Was more into GTA at the time, and just saw them as no name copies. Then I saw SR3 and was like wtf this is insane I have to play it.

Want to know something even more insane?

I never played Vice City....

• excuseme 1
  • KEKW 1
  • Trippin'! 1

10 hours ago, Frabbi 01 said:

Never played 1 or 2. Never looked into them at all. Was more into GTA at the time, and just saw them as no name copies. Then I saw SR3 and was like wtf this is insane I have to play it.

Want to know something even more insane?

I never played Vice City....

I mean if you on PC you can get it for under 3 dollars G2A steam key.

This is what you are missing out on: