GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion [Part 8] - A VInewood Drama

Spider-Vice

PolandMountain
Just now, Yoona said:

Nothing was said about E&E on PC or Trilogy for Steam? Dissapointing

E&E on PC is pretty much rumored to be free update so investors aint interested I guess.

Me and my mate used to play GTA Online racing every couple of weeks once we got well and truly sick of the dumpster fire that is free mode. But we haven’t been on at all

this year. Played that game to death and totally done with it. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Sure.

Doesn't mean the game is dead or anything though lol. Service games make most their money from mtx, not box sales.

I think the situation will play out like IV, GTA V/GTAO will be popular until the day GTA VI and GTAO2 launches pretty much.

So it still must have 4 new content updates coming at least, assuming they'll stop updating it as soon as GTA 6 releases.

I think, but i don't hope, that R* will start hinting on the mobile game like Konami or others. It’s a terrible thing. I hope to be wrong.
The damn cell phones are not made for gaming

LegacyKillaHD
Just now, Edward RDRIII said:

So it still must have 4 new content updates coming at least, assuming they'll stop updating it as soon as GTA 6 releases.

I imagine they'll slow down support once GTA 6 is in its final stretch of development.

Before the leak it was outright vocal shifts of resource to the next entry in the GTA franchise and GTAO will not receive any major updates.

After the leak it’s GTA Online will still continue to receive major updates.l going forward. 

The leak has absolutely bent Rockstar over the kitchen counter and slapped their spotty arses. 

47 minutes ago, Jason said:

tfw it's 2022 and people still don't understand the purpose of T2's conference calls

This has been a thing since like 2010 and people still don't get it, I guess they never will :kekw: 

Just now, Riccoo said:

Before the leak it was outright vocal shifts of resource to the next entry in the GTA franchise and GTAO will not receive any major updates.

They never said any of that... Lol. Speculation about updates slowing down was all the fanbase's.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

1 minute ago, LegacyKillaHD said:

I imagine they'll slow down support once GTA 6 is in its final stretch of development.

That's why I said 4, one next month, two next year and the last one around june 2024, half a year before GTA 6's release.

Just now, Jason said:

Probably less a case of people finally getting sick of the game and more a case of R* finally running out of people to sell copies of GTA V to. We don't have console numbers or the full PC numbers but going by the Steam numbers GTA V/O is still very popular in terms of active players.

I saw a reply in @videotech_'s tweet (which is now deleted) about this nearly and over caseBack in Q1 of FY2021, T2 said that GTAV had sold nearly 135m units, but in the Q2 report, they said it was over 135m. I think it's case of 133m to 137/138m back then, and for Q1/Q2 2024, it's 168m to 172/173m. Probably T2 waits for the game to reach a multiple of 5 before publicly putting out a new number.

• Like 1

PolandMountain
1 minute ago, lngtrw said:

Do yall think Strauss is a gamer? If so, hasn't he got bored of GTA 5 already? :prismkek:

Yes, after Zynga aquisition he started playing FarmVille because all the MTX is free for him.

They seem to always use that wording instead of specific numbers for the games themselves, so it's hard to say what the slowdown in sales (or otherwise) was. It's not just 1 million in a quarter, it was probably much more, there's no reason for sales to slow down THAT much. The wording is just vague.

image.png

17 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

They seem to always use that wording instead of specific numbers for the games themselves, so it's hard to say what the slowdown in sales (or otherwise) was. It's not just 1 million in a quarter, it was probably much more, there's no reason for sales to slow down THAT much. The wording is just vague.

I don't think T2 ever publicly released any number other than a multiple of 5 about this game specifically, except way back in 2013-'14.

Edited by Zapper
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

It's still less than half of what it sold on the last quarter, going by the same logic as you, they said it sold 4 million copies on the last quarter and now they said it sold 1 million copies on this one, even if it's 1.999.999 copies it's still less than half comparing with the last quarter, probably a third.

Edited by Edward RDRIII

arisfelbonilla
17 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

for sure they kept 170 million despite the fact that they sold a million more always with every 5 million in this case for sure they sold 1 or 2 million or more we will have to see in February 2023 if I reach 175

7 minutes ago, Edward RDRIII said:

It's still less than half of what it sold on the last quarter, going by the same logic as you, they said it sold 4 million copies on the last quarter and now they said it sold 1 million copies on this one, even if it's 1.999.999 copies it's still less than half comparing with the last quarter, probably a third.

But the franchise sales moved up from 380m to 385m in the same timeframe. I don't think older GTA games (and Trilogy DE) combined sold anywhere near 3-4m copies this quarter. The wording is just vague, and in my previous post, I actually pointed out another scenario where they did the exact same thing.

Edited by Zapper

170mill 175mill who f*king cares

They sold enough copies to print enough money with sharkcards/gta+ etc :sadkek:

Its like selling drugs: get as much people as possible high, and they will throw their money into your throath

Just now, Zapper said:

But the franchise sales moved up from 380m to 385m in the same timeframe. I don't think older GTA games (and Trilogy DE) combined sold over anywhere near 3-4m copies this quarter. The wording is just vague, and in my previous post, I actually pointed out another scenario where they did the exact same thing.

But GTA The Trilogy did sell 4 million copies this quarter, as weird as it is.

Just now, Punkd said:

170mill 175mill who f*king cares

Chill out, man. We literally have nothing to talk about. Can't even dissect leaks here because of this goddamn mandate :sadkek:

15 minutes ago, lngtrw said:

Do yall think Strauss is a gamer? If so, hasn't he got bored of GTA 5 already? :prismkek:

He is not a gamer but he really enjoys bringing quality entertainment to those who do play games. Very humble guy. 

34 minutes ago, Edward RDRIII said:

GTA 5 numbers have slowed down quite considerably this last quarter, people are finally having enough of Los Santos, at this point it would be better to release one last update for GTA Online this december and then get back to Red Dead Online which RDR2 sold just as much copies as GTA 5.

Nah leave RDO exactly where it is :kekw:

• KekCringe 1

1 minute ago, Edward RDRIII said:

But GTA The Trilogy did sell 4 million copies this quarter, as weird as it is.

No T2 spokesperson said that. It's just us trying to figure out the math. There's no way in hell Trilogy DE sold 4m units in last 3 months.

• Like 1

Just now, Zapper said:

No T2 spokesperson said that. It's just us trying to figure out the math. There's no way in hell Trilogy DE sold 4m units in last 3 months.

Yep, there have been no proper Trilogy numbers revealed. Just going off the franchise numbers and so on.

• Like 3

image.png

Creating needless confusion over a simple thing such as revealing sales figures is truly a T2 thing to do.

What's interesting is that despite those absolutely ridiculous financial results T2's stock price is still dropping since beginning of this year, there is really nothing stopping it, even pseudo next GTA "announcement" didn't change anything.

• Like 2

I wonder what we'll discuss here for the next year until the announcement, even sh*tposting gets boring eventually.

24 minutes ago, Edward RDRIII said:

I don't think it's confirmation of 2 updates next yer, 2 updates in 2024 (if VI is out then, which is likely). That might happen but I wouldn't be surprised if the updates leading up to VI's release (once the game is announced proper and dated and all that) will be used to promote VI's launch. Probably a bunch of "Do X in GTAO to get exclusive X (t-shirts, starter cash, w/e) in GTAO2!" type of updates and events.

• Like 1

Get in on with a stripper for 7 days in a row in GTAO to unlock the exclusive Vanilla Unicorn T-Shirt in Grand Theft Auto VI.