Spider-Vice

Gaming4Pride
15 hours ago, daley86 said:

I'll probably end up buying my son GTAVI for his 18th birthday at this rate.*

*I don't have a son yet.

you mean Grandson, right? 😂

One of Wisemen
8 minutes ago, michalxm said:

How are mfs falling in love with a fictional character that hasnt even been officially announced :cringekek:

I even stumbled upon a Jason-Lucia GTA VI fanfic in AO3. This is probably the first time in pop culture history that people are shipping yet-to-be-announced characters.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Emmi said:

VR in GTA VI is something I really do not need and do not want! VR is no mass market and never will be because 1) it is uncomfortable to use 2) it makes 95% suffer from motion sickness after a couple of minutes (that'd be me with VR and most first-person games) and 3) it is too expensive.

Worst take I've read on part 8

Do we have any indication (from the leaks or elsewhere) whether Rockstar will make use of the motion matching technology in GTA VI?

I'd be a really missed opportunity if they didn't. So far I've only played one game using it (The Last of Us Part 2) and it really made the experience a blast. Such responsive animations and gameplay thanks to motion matching.

2 hours ago, iSrirachaa said:

Can’t believe people have been discussing VR for like 5 pages now, it’s not happening for a game like GTA VI. VR has never been good with big and complex open world games unless you have a beast of a PC. Remember the GTA SA VR port that hasn’t been mentioned since? And that’s a very old open world game.

GTA VI in VR would absolutely not run at all on independent VR headsets because for one they use mobile arm chips and they’re no where near as powerful. Xbox doesn’t have a dedicated VR headset, PSVR2 depends on the PS5 and while powerful it is not capable of rendering a game of that scale at a decent resolution in both lenses. So all there’s left is PC VR which of course is very dependent upon your hardware and you need a PC that’s built for VR.

Just because your PC could run GTA VI doesn’t mean it’s powerful enough to run it in VR. I have a pretty powerful PC that can run GTA V and pretty much any other game maxed out but gets like 5fps with the GTA V VR mod, so that once again limits its availability to the consumers, like 2% of GTA VI players would be able to run it in VR and that would make the development for it pointless.

Oh also, on top of the minimum RTX 3090 requirement you would need to run the game in VR at a good resolution, you would also need a good VR headset. A Quest 2 will make the game look like trash because of its display and resolution cap. You would have to spend thousands on a good quality VR headset with a high resolution and pixel density. The VR market is simply not affordable or mainstream enough to consider developing a game of that scale for it lol

I know and also stated that it's not happening, but I was entertaining the idea anyway, thinking of all the possibilities and whatnot.

5 hours ago, TheOriginalGunslinger said:

I’d personally be speechless. That would be sick. Also, roaming Sandy Shores in V as you mentioned and I’d love to roam around the Vinewood Hills area with all those sweet looking mansions and homes

Rockstar even made calming wind chimes at this one mansion (forgot the area specifically) but it’s kinda on the west side of Vinewood Hills with two fire pits and a huge pool in the backyard. Honestly, are they the only ones in the game? lol I might have to snap a pic next time I’m there

Honestly, just Paleto Bay in VR would be breathtaking, imagine looking up and this huge mountain is up there at all times, casting a massive shadow on the area a few times a day, with all the ambient sounds and the thrilling thought that some naked murderous sicko cult is positioned on a hill just a few miles through the forest?

Sign me up lol.

Edited by MaddenedGhost
  • Like 1

Geisterfaust
16 hours ago, Emmi said:

It's gonna be October, isn't it? In September they will celebrate 10 years of GTAV and GTA Online all month long and also reveal the Winter update before they finally drop the teaser trailer and logo for GTA VI in mid-late October 2023.

They will not mention a release window let alone date in the teaser trailer or the reveal just like it was with V but they aim for a late 2024 release internally which will ultimately end up being Summer 2025. We've got quite a wait ahead of us still.

Oh dear, let's try to survive, shall we?

Sigh... Ten years without new GTA is something that almost killed interest to gaming in me.

mawerick_mc
2 hours ago, iSrirachaa said:

Can’t believe people have been discussing VR for like 5 pages now, it’s not happening for a game like GTA VI. VR has never been good with big and complex open world games unless you have a beast of a PC. Remember the GTA SA VR port that hasn’t been mentioned since? And that’s a very old open world game.

GTA VI in VR would absolutely not run at all on independent VR headsets because for one they use mobile arm chips and they’re no where near as powerful. Xbox doesn’t have a dedicated VR headset, PSVR2 depends on the PS5 and while powerful it is not capable of rendering a game of that scale at a decent resolution in both lenses. So all there’s left is PC VR which of course is very dependent upon your hardware and you need a PC that’s built for VR.

Just because your PC could run GTA VI doesn’t mean it’s powerful enough to run it in VR. I have a pretty powerful PC that can run GTA V and pretty much any other game maxed out but gets like 5fps with the GTA V VR mod, so that once again limits its availability to the consumers, like 2% of GTA VI players would be able to run it in VR and that would make the development for it pointless.

Oh also, on top of the minimum RTX 3090 requirement you would need to run the game in VR at a good resolution, you would also need a good VR headset. A Quest 2 will make the game look like trash because of its display and resolution cap. You would have to spend thousands on a good quality VR headset with a high resolution and pixel density. The VR market is simply not affordable or mainstream enough to consider developing a game of that scale for it lol

I would not be so radical regarding VR. Be it for or against it.

Facts for VR:

• PSVR2 and Quest 2 are bringing high quality experience at an affordable price, and gaining reach
  • Some serious game franchises are switching to have VR (thanks to Sony): Gran Turismo, Resident Evil
  • Facts for VR in GTA VI
    • GTA:SA will have a VR adaptation (if not canceled)
    • Assets will be built with even greater detail than RDR2, as GTA VI will surely have at least the first person mode.
      • Even current assets in GTA V / Online are highly detailed to be viewed in VR (recent properties and vehicles especially). 
    • The sense of ownership in VR is much increased, making for a greater desire to own cars/properties in Online. 
    • GTA VI can be expected to have a long lifespan (maybe 10+ years) and R* must at least think/be prepared to adapt if VR gains more traction along the way

Facts against VR

• It is very difficult, expensive and limiting to tailor the gameplay both for flascreen and VR, even if from the very start of the development 
  • Few will buy a good game if it has VR and would not have bought it otherwise. Same income. But to charge extra for VR version is not well received 
  • Facts against VR in GTA VI 

• Development started long before VR started to have more players 
    • GTA gameplay is much too diverse to be easy to implement faithfully in VR
    • Performance wise it is indeed challenging at the moment, but evolution of rendering tricks might help

All facts aside, I would love to have the option to experience GTA in proper VR but I am mostly sure we will not see it at launch. Maybe some years along the way.

GTA started with top-down view. When it switched to 3rd person perspective some were skeptical but we now never look back. When GTA V and RDR2 added first-person views, many found it a gimmick but the experience is quite different and I find myself switching between views constantly. A VR point of view should not be discarded for now. GTA:SA VR will answer many questions (that is if it is released before GTA VI, or at all)

Edited by mawerick_mc

AgentJizzle
Just now, ionutx02 said:

Me and the boys waiting 10 years for a game we finish in 50 hours

More like 150 hours

46 minutes ago, ionutx02 said:

Me and the boys waiting 10 years for a game we finish in 50 hours

As if you've been waiting since the first minute after the midnight of September 17, 2013.

:prismkek:

Spider-Vice
2 hours ago, Emmi said:

Do we have any indication (from the leaks or elsewhere) whether Rockstar will make use of the motion matching technology in GTA VI?

They have a patent up for it, alongside many job listings over the last few months/year plus involving machine learning in animation, I would say that is a yes. It's not something you would notice from the leaks and not at this stage in development most likely.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

Before announcing the first trailers for GTA V and RDR2 were they hiring people to put trailers together or there wasn’t any indication at all?

Just curious cause I can’t remember

Will this get released first?

2Xg33hb.jpg

Edited by GRANDHEIST

Leslie's game looks nice, but I have no interest in any of that sci-fi crap. I will say though those graphics are insane.

Edited by aleccarton
  • Like 2

GutterSharkz
2 minutes ago, BakeWithMe1000 said:

EVERYWHERE just showed a game inside the game "everywhere", looks really good and "gta like"
MindsEye_Teaser___2023_0-13_screenshot_3MindsEye_Teaser___2023_0-13_screenshot_1

Benzies done it again, looks awesome

BakeWithMe1000
1 minute ago, wise_man said:

So Everywhere is really games inside a game? This is Inception.

Someone working at Build A Rocket Boy confirmed it
image.png

I think theyre going for something revolutionary in gaming if were able to play other games inside a game

This EVERYWHERE game is a bit confusing for me. You'll be playing games inside of a game? :kekw:

6 minutes ago, GutterSharkz said:

MindsEye_Teaser___2023_0-13_screenshot_3

Silva, like Michael De Santa's beta name :shillkek:

One of Wisemen

I wonder how the game review work work when Everywhere releases. Will IGN/Metacritic award different scores for each different games within Everywhere, or just one score that cover all?

Edited by wise_man

spacer.png

Obito Uchiha
10 minutes ago, BakeWithMe1000 said:

EVERYWHERE just showed a game inside the game "everywhere", looks really good and "gta like"
MindsEye_Teaser___2023_0-13_screenshot_3MindsEye_Teaser___2023_0-13_screenshot_1

This look so good. Rockstar Games needs competition.

23 minutes ago, GRANDHEIST said:

Will this get released first?

2Xg33hb.jpg

Does the license plate say "Redneck City" on it? :kekw:

Edited by lngtrw

1 minute ago, lngtrw said:

Does the license plate say "Redneck City"? :kekw:

Says Redrock but I though the same thing at first lol

17 minutes ago, BakeWithMe1000 said:

That looks awesome! Definitely gonna play it

Great job Leslie!

xe3hUFK.png