GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion [Part 8] - A VInewood Drama

Spider-Vice

Tommy "Nightmare" Smith

Considering that PSVR2 costs as much as the consolle itself I hope that VR isn't the main new feature ij GTA 6

• Like 3

Johnny Blackbird

SONY paying millions of $ for GTA VI VR mode just like M$ paying for GTA IV DLCs back in the day:prismkek:

Leonida Man
3 hours ago, Lukas2580 said:

reddit moment

Only if they let you go to Las Venturas and marry dressed as Elvis and Marilyn Monroe.
And when you leave the church there comes a speeding car...spacer.png

• KEKW 2

Kid Named Finger
52 minutes ago, happygrowls said:

Climate change - Wikipedia

#RockstarGames

GTA online global warming update confirmed?

VercettiGuy
3 hours ago, Lukas2580 said:

reddit moment

What made me cringe wasn't the whole marriage thing, but him calling her "Lu". First of all, we don't know if that's her nickname. Second of all, it makes it seem like the guy has already made an emotional connection to that character.

Reminds me back when I was in school how a classmate would call that one girl by her nickname "Jo", until one day she said to him "Stop calling me Jo, we're not friends" ... I still cringe thinking about that :sadkek:

• Like 2

About the VR talk above, do other newer games have VR support? Haven't seen anything, don't make sense for GTA VI to have.... right?

2dQaqi9.png purple-diamond-gem.gif

happygrowls
23 minutes ago, 44Orca said:

About the VR talk above, do other newer games have VR support? Haven't seen anything, don't make sense for GTA VI to have.... right?

Star Wars Squadrons, HITMAN 3 come to mind

HarryTVisitor
8 minutes ago, Xtra510 said:

Why do people not like VR

It's expensive, it's niche, it requires too much effort from the player to fully set up, it requires too much physical exercise to play for extended periods of time for most people, and it makes many people feel motion sick.

And that's coming from someone who's a happy owner of an HTC Vive! :p

untitledupcoming
1 hour ago, happygrowls said:

Star Wars Squadrons, HITMAN 3 come to mind

I think that these games being the main VR games shows that you kind of have to make a game either a game where you go around strangling people in small buildings, or a dogfight simulator in space. I don't think GTA would be good in VR because of the big, open world and fast-paced things, not to mention that if GTAVI will be the biggest and best-looking GTA, VR would be laggy as hell:sadkek:

TheOriginalGunslinger
32 minutes ago, Rockstarter said:

Hey guys

Reveal hidden contents

Counter Strike 2

spacer.png

I was in a rush when I made this… ignore Sam’s double hairline  :kekw:

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger
  • KEKW 3

1 hour ago, Xtra510 said:

Why do people not like VR

I don't, my freaking wallet does and we have talks about this every time.

8 minutes ago, untitledupcoming said:

I think that these games being the main VR games shows that you kind of have to make a game either a game where you go around strangling people in small buildings, or a dogfight simulator in space. I don't think GTA would be good in VR because of the big, open world and fast-paced things, not to mention that if GTAVI will be the biggest and best-looking GTA, VR would be laggy as hell:sadkek:

Nah, they can do limited space experience, like say a recreation of a small section of the game with levels, Rockstar has already toyed with this idea with LA NOIRE, an open world game.

I am not THAT interested in VR for GTA, but I am not saying no to it, it would be pretty cool to visit Maisonette 9 from GTA TBOGT in VR, Sandy Shores from V in VR would also be so cool.

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1

12 minutes ago, MaddenedGhost said:

I don't, my freaking wallet does and we have talks about this every time.

Nah, they can do limited space experience, like say a recreation of a small section of the game with levels, Rockstar has already toyed with this idea with LA NOIRE, an open world game.

I am not THAT interested in VR for GTA, but I am not saying no to it, it would be pretty cool to visit Maisonette 9 from GTA TBOGT in VR, Sandy Shores from V in VR would also be so cool.

Don't the graphics need to be very lowered too for GTA VI so it works on VR? LA Noire there is an old game right? Depends how much technology is when it releases.. I don't see it being possible, yet.

What happened to that San Andreas VR anyway? :kekw:

Well I guess that one's happening after GTA VI, or it got cancelled.

• Like 1

untitledupcoming
22 minutes ago, MaddenedGhost said:

Nah, they can do limited space experience, like say a recreation of a small section of the game with levels,

Maybe mission only? IDK.

24 minutes ago, MaddenedGhost said:

Rockstar has already toyed with this idea with LA NOIRE, an open world game.

LA NOIRE has a smaller world than GTAV and has less AI running in the background. With all work being done for GTAO and RDR2, I don't know if they've really worked on VR enough to  make such a big game.

27 minutes ago, MaddenedGhost said:

I would like to see cities and areas from GTA games in VR too, don't get me wrong, but I just think it's much better as a 'living city VR experience' than an actual game.

13 minutes ago, 44Orca said:

Don't the graphics need to be very lowered too for GTA VI so it works on VR? LA Noire there is an old game right? Depends how much technology is when it releases.. I don't see it being possible, yet.

What happened to that San Andreas VR anyway? :kekw:

Well I guess that one's happening after GTA VI, or it got cancelled.

That's why I said small section, so the graphical sacrifice won't be that big.

Check out Horizon Call Of The Mountain, the game looks breathtaking, it is made by a different studio than the one that made the two open world games but still looks like it belongs to the universe.

Either way, I don't see a VR mode for GTA VI anyway, maybe years later when the tech becomes more available and capable of making a fully fledged experience.

This conversation reminds me of that time when someone spotted the Oculus Rift in the support page and people thought it was VR for GTAV.

On this topic, imagine roaming around Valentine or Rhodes from RDR2 in VR? Man...

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, untitledupcoming said:

Maybe mission only? IDK.

LA NOIRE has a smaller world than GTAV and has less AI running in the background. With all work being done for GTAO and RDR2, I don't know if they've really worked on VR enough to  make such a big game.

I would like to see cities and areas from GTA games in VR too, don't get me wrong, but I just think it's much better as a 'living city VR experience' than an actual game.

So GTA VI having a separate game mode for VR only (which works with your Online character). Now I don't know how that will work nor I know these things just throwing some thought out there ...................... I agree with you on the living city experience.

6 minutes ago, MaddenedGhost said:

That's why I said small section, so the graphical sacrifice won't be that big.

Check out Horizon Call Of The Mountain, the game looks breathtaking, it is made by a different studio than the one that made the two open world games but still looks like it belongs to the universe.

Either way, I don't see a VR mode for GTA VI anyway, maybe years later when the tech becomes more available and capable of making a fully fledged experience.

This conversation reminds me of that time when someone spotted the Oculus Rift in the support page and people thought it was VR for GTAV.

On this topic, imagine roaming around Valentine or Rhodes from RDR2 in VR? Man...

RDO specifically makes more sense to have VR to me for some reason.

Edited by 44Orca

untitledupcoming
2 minutes ago, 44Orca said:

So GTA VI having a separate game mode for VR only (which works with your Online character). Now I don't know how that will work nor I know these things just throwing some thought out there ......................

I really don't know either:p. I was just thinking about how @MaddenedGhost said that smaller sections could work. Missions usually only either take place on the way to a certain building, and then the rest happening in there, or a specific route that you must take. This way less graphics stuff happens and then it could work? We need an expert in here:sadkek:

1 minute ago, untitledupcoming said:

I really don't know either:p. I was just thinking about how @MaddenedGhost said that smaller sections could work. Missions usually only either take place on the way to a certain building, and then the rest happening in there, or a specific route that you must take. This way less graphics stuff happens and then it could work? We need an expert in here:sadkek:

So with modern VR headsets like the PSVR2 it  uses  Foveated Rendering which gives 4x performance boost.  It needs eye tracking. The game will only fully render the thing your looking at and everything else is low quality. Quest 3 is suspected to be 2x powerful as the quest 2 and with foveated rendering it will be even more powerful. Of course PCVR  will be amazing  to play this game. With the Upcoming valve Deckard (valve index 2) it will be standalone but have a amd apu like the steam deck (but way more powerful)  

Agent Edward
2 hours ago, HarryTVisitor said:

It's expensive, it's niche, it requires too much effort from the player to fully set up, it requires too much physical exercise to play for extended periods of time for most people, and it makes many people feel motion sick.

And that's coming from someone who's a happy owner of an HTC Vive! :p

You nailed it, it's bad even to watch a gameplay of it on YouTube with the player's camera shaking all over the place, probably worse than playing it yourself.

untitledupcoming
17 minutes ago, Xtra510 said:

So with modern VR headsets like the PSVR2 it  uses  Foveated Rendering which gives 4x performance boost.  It needs eye tracking. The game will only fully render the thing your looking at and everything else is low quality. Quest 3 is suspected to be 2x powerful as the quest 2 and with foveated rendering it will be even more powerful. Of course PCVR  will be amazing  to play this game. With the Upcoming valve Deckard (valve index 2) it will be standalone but have a amd apu like the steam deck (but way more powerful)  

Alright, so instead of fully rendering the game world, IF there is a VR feature, it could use foveated rendering to render most things directly in front of the viewer (did I understand it correctly?). If that's so, GTAVI could possibly have a full-potential VR system for the missions. I'm still kind of on the fence on whether it could still render the entire world outside of the story, but from what I'm reading, it may be so? Fascinating. I'm sure if this is all as impressive as it sounds, rockstar could probably do a VR thing...

HarryTVisitor
4 hours ago, untitledupcoming said:

If that's so, GTAVI could possibly have a full-potential VR system for the missions.

So what you're saying is...

wf3iydu.png

Edited by HarryTVisitor
  • KEKW 4

untitledupcoming
7 minutes ago, HarryTVisitor said:

So what you're saying is...

MTejodM.png

I honestly kind of want this now... wait, why'd we start talking about VR again? lol.

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1

TheOriginalGunslinger
3 hours ago, MaddenedGhost said:

I’d personally be speechless. That would be sick. Also, roaming Sandy Shores in V as you mentioned and I’d love to roam around the Vinewood Hills area with all those sweet looking mansions and homes

Rockstar even made calming wind chimes at this one mansion (forgot the area specifically) but it’s kinda on the west side of Vinewood Hills with two fire pits and a huge pool in the backyard. Honestly, are they the only ones in the game? lol I might have to snap a pic next time I’m there

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger

VR in GTA VI is something I really do not need and do not want! VR is no mass market and never will be because 1) it is uncomfortable to use 2) it makes 95% suffer from motion sickness after a couple of minutes (that'd be me with VR and most first-person games) and 3) it is too expensive.

44 minutes ago, Emmi said:

VR in GTA VI is something I really do not need and do not want! VR is no mass market and never will be because 1) it is uncomfortable to use 2) it makes 95% suffer from motion sickness after a couple of minutes (that'd be me with VR and most first-person games) and 3) it is too expensive.

Can’t believe people have been discussing VR for like 5 pages now, it’s not happening for a game like GTA VI. VR has never been good with big and complex open world games unless you have a beast of a PC. Remember the GTA SA VR port that hasn’t been mentioned since? And that’s a very old open world game.

GTA VI in VR would absolutely not run at all on independent VR headsets because for one they use mobile arm chips and they’re no where near as powerful. Xbox doesn’t have a dedicated VR headset, PSVR2 depends on the PS5 and while powerful it is not capable of rendering a game of that scale at a decent resolution in both lenses. So all there’s left is PC VR which of course is very dependent upon your hardware and you need a PC that’s built for VR.

Just because your PC could run GTA VI doesn’t mean it’s powerful enough to run it in VR. I have a pretty powerful PC that can run GTA V and pretty much any other game maxed out but gets like 5fps with the GTA V VR mod, so that once again limits its availability to the consumers, like 2% of GTA VI players would be able to run it in VR and that would make the development for it pointless.

Oh also, on top of the minimum RTX 3090 requirement you would need to run the game in VR at a good resolution, you would also need a good VR headset. A Quest 2 will make the game look like trash because of its display and resolution cap. You would have to spend thousands on a good quality VR headset with a high resolution and pixel density. The VR market is simply not affordable or mainstream enough to consider developing a game of that scale for it lol

Edited by iSrirachaa

10 hours ago, VercettiGuy said:

What made me cringe wasn't the whole marriage thing, but him calling her "Lu". First of all, we don't know if that's her nickname. Second of all, it makes it seem like the guy has already made an emotional connection to that character.

Reminds me back when I was in school how a classmate would call that one girl by her nickname "Jo", until one day she said to him "Stop calling me Jo, we're not friends" ... I still cringe thinking about that :sadkek:

How are mfs falling in love with a fictional character that hasnt even been officially announced :cringekek:

I think im going to log off now...

• KEKW 3