GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion [Part 8] - A VInewood Drama

Spider-Vice

38 minutes ago, Patrizio said:

How long until we have enough though? We've had 10 years. No announcement for 15 years do we still have patience for it to be ready? This is not a criticism of you VC, but they've had ten years. They should give us the logo at least, like they did for SA and IV.

I get you're all frustrated by the wait-times, but they worked on RDR2 in those 10 years. The game didn't enter full-development until 2018 so its unfair to say it's been 10 years. Plus, covid-19 happened and that pushed everything back by 2 years or so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patrizio said:

They should give us the logo at least, like they did for SA and IV.

Exactly, I can understand them not wanting to show us gameplay of the game because they want to make sure it is as polished as possible to show us but the fact that they are just straight up refusing to give out anything including the f*cking title of the game feels a bit weird to me. They could at least confirm it's name, show us a logo or some artworks, jesus...

6 minutes ago, MrBreak16 said:

Exactly, I can understand them not wanting to show us gameplay of the game because they want to make sure it is as polished as possible to show us but the fact that they are just straight up refusing to give out anything including the f*cking title of the game feels a bit weird to me. They could at least confirm it's name, show us a logo or some artworks, jesus...

The name thing is funny in this, just as it was funny for the PS5.

This is being referred to as "the next grand theft auto game" just like the ps5 was being referred to as "the next generation playstation", only for it to be called the PS5, as everyone was expecting and the same way it will go for GTA.

Talking about time and waiting, I've been thinking, with Vice City being made in a year, imagine if modern Rockstar, with the same amount of employees, was still just making games of that size and quality. Like if technology plateaud with the PS2, but the company still grew. I mean, they probably made OG Vice City with like a tenth or less of the developers they have working on VI. They could probably put out a Vice City sized game every other month or so. That would definitely be a wild timeline to live in :kekw:

3 minutes ago, MaddenedGhost said:

This is being referred to as "the next grand theft auto game" just like the ps5 was being referred to as "the next generation playstation", only for it to be called the PS5, as everyone was expecting and the same way it will go for GTA.

Actually, it'll be called GTA Series X and Series S :kekw:

• KEKW 3

4 minutes ago, MaddenedGhost said:

I swear man this is definitely the thing that ticks me off the most, the fact that they don’t even want to confirm the title of the game. Even if we all know that it will likely be called Grand Theft Auto VI, the fact that they don’t want to say the name of the game is ridiculous. This is just taking the secrecy to an absurd level.

1 minute ago, MrBreak16 said:

I swear man this is definitely the thing that ticks me off the most, the fact that they don’t even want to confirm the title of the game. Even if we all know that it will likely be called Grand Theft Auto VI, the fact that they don’t want to say the name of the game is ridiculous. This is just taking the secrecy to an absurd level.

It'll be released as "Grand Theft Auto: Online 2 (you can also do a singleplayer campaign if you're poor and can't afford our shark cards)"

• KEKW 2

ROCKSTAR MANIC

World is gonna sh*t when release that first teaser screen of the vice sunset.🌅

Ocean Drive screenshot please!

Do you all think GTA VI will use the motion matching technology like The Last of Us Part 2?

Was there anything in the leaks indicating the use of motion matching. I watched the clips but I'm not sure.

Edited by Emmi
  • Like 2

Star Fish Island screenshot for me, bonus if it shows a Rockstar logo shaped pool lol

• KEKW 2

8 minutes ago, MaddenedGhost said:

Star Fish Island screenshot for me, bonus if it shows a Rockstar logo shaped pool lol

The Rockstar Logo at the start of trailer fading into a pool, zoom out, pan up at a shot of a mansion party with the skyline in the background

Side note;

The Cayo Perico / Combat shotgun is the only shotgun with a realistic reload animation 

also, swing is it is based off the Franchi Spas-12.

very popularized by holly wood in the 80s and 90s.

in movies such as Terminator, Beverly Hills cop 2, and Jurassic park.

this had me thinking that it could be possible this shotgun could sho up in IV.

I also wanted to ask all you

Do you all think kill/execution animations will be in IV.. similar to RDR2 

falling within the overhaul to melee combat 

Pistol whip and execute by pressing RT twice 

tackling, knock outs,…. Knife kill animations 

I Really like what the did with RDR2 on this 

made it very cinematic while playing stealth.

53 minutes ago, MrBreak16 said:

I agree, it’s a little too much tbh if they don’t feel like it’s ready to be shown, fine but at least say the name, show a logo, give an actual tease, anything. I think the stupid responses from casuals towards the leaked footage literally scared the hell out of them in terms of marketing this game. I wouldn’t be surprised if they waited until this game was in it’s production phase before even showing it let alone talk about it

Now that I think about it, when GTA V was announced it was far from finished. The first trailer was rigged in a way to only show polished areas even though we later spotted portions of the map not even loaded. They probably could’ve done the same for this game but since the leaks and the negative feedback from clueless fans they probably don’t even wanna risk it.

The leak was barely 6 months ago showing footage just days prior, if fans judged that poorly imagine what they will say 6 months later if a trailer was released or an announcement was made. “We’ve seen the game already and it’s horrible” “This game is gonna suck, not buying it”. 6 months is nothing to a casual but in reality a lot of development can happen in that timeframe, people just can’t grasp that fact so to avoid all of that let’s just hold off until the game is near release lol smh

Edited by iSrirachaa
  • Like 4

Agent Edward
6 minutes ago, Not Kmart said:

Side note;

The Cayo Perico / Combat shotgun is the only shotgun with a realistic reload animation 

They really should take everything which is on RDR2's combat and bring to GTA 6, just changing the animations of course so it don't feel like the same game but set on 2025 instead of 1899.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Edward RDRIII said:

They really should take everything which is on RDR2's combat and bring to GTA 6, just changing the animations of course so it don't feel like the same game but set on 2025 instead of 1899.

I had nightmares watching the leaked GTA VI clips when Jason was doing the GTAV punches. One punch = dead! Can't get rid of them nightmares ever since. Please completely overhaul the combat system for VI. Don't let me ever see combat like it was in V ever again!

2 hours ago, Patrizio said:

How long until we have enough though? We've had 10 years. No announcement for 15 years do we still have patience for it to be ready? This is not a criticism of you VC, but they've had ten years. They should give us the logo at least, like they did for SA and IV.

When you are 15 you can wait for a long time. Most of us aren't 15 anymore, tho. :modkek:

• Realistic Steak! 2

Agent Edward
8 minutes ago, Emmi said:

I had nightmares watching the leaked GTA VI clips when Jason was doing the GTAV punches. One punch = dead! Can't get rid of them nightmares ever since. Please completely overhaul the combat system for VI. Don't let me ever see combat like it was in V ever again!

Well, if you punch someone by surprise they really can go down in a single punch, knocked out, not killed, even Arthur can knock someone out with a single punch if he approaches the enemy crouched.

I had a dream in which R* revealed GTA VI in a news format while announcing some GTA:O changes.

The news anchor was talking about climate and hurricanes and we (GTA Forums community) were all sitting together and cheering when suddenly they showed us the complete GTA VI map which was like 10x bigger than GTA V's.

🌪️

37 minutes ago, Not Kmart said:

Side note;

Kinda hate how quick GTA 5's reload animations are

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, iSrirachaa said:

I agree, it’s a little too much tbh if they don’t feel like it’s ready to be shown, fine but at least say the name, show a logo, give an actual tease, anything. I think the stupid responses from casuals towards the leaked footage literally scared the hell out of them in terms of marketing this game. I wouldn’t be surprised if they waited until this game was in it’s production phase before even showing it let alone talk about it

Now that I think about it, when GTA V was announced it was far from finished. The first trailer was rigged in a way to only show polished areas even though we later spotted portions of the map not even loaded. They probably could’ve done the same for this game but since the leaks and the negative feedback from clueless fans they probably don’t even wanna risk it.

The leak was barely 6 months ago showing footage just days prior, if fans judged that poorly imagine what they will say 6 months later if a trailer was released or an announcement was made. “We’ve seen the game already and it’s horrible” “This game is gonna suck, not buying it”. 6 months is nothing to a casual but in reality a lot of development can happen in that timeframe, people just can’t grasp that fact so to avoid all of that let’s just hold off until the game is near release lol smh

I wouldn't even be suprised if Rockstar officially started teasing the game with a logo like 6 months before it's release at this rate.

Leonida Man

Dear Mr Spider-Vice,
I want an emote of Not-Pushover Pizza Parlor Clerk.
spacer.png

So when someone says Rockstar had 10+ years to finish GTAVI we can say "Not this again!"

• KEKW 5

Johnny Blackbird
27 minutes ago, Emmi said:

I had nightmares watching the leaked GTA VI clips when Jason was doing the GTAV punches. One punch = dead! 

jason also walked/ran like arthur morgan

It's just a placeholder, don't worry:sadkek:

Kid Named Finger
12 hours ago, ionutx02 said:

I don't care for other things than they should hurry and reveal the game already. They don't need to be ready, just throw a simple in-game trailer and that's it. Anyway they don't care about customers so they won't do it

Actually, I'd be rather surprised if they didn't feel like they've pushed themselves into a corner. People's expectations are sky high but you can't expect the jump from GTA V to VI be as big as IV to V. There's only so much they can do. PS5 games still only feel like shinier looking PS3 games.

Despite all this they keep saying they'll exceede our expectations. If that's true I don't envy them. Sounds like a f*ckton of work.

14 minutes ago, Leonida Man said:

Dear Mr Spider-Vice,
spacer.png

So when someone says Rockstar had 10+ years to finish GTAVI we can say "Not this again!"

I'm still waiting for this emote:

spacer.png

45 minutes ago, jacqueks said:

Kinda hate how quick GTA 5's reload animations are

From the look of it.

one of the videos of “Jason” shooting at the boat and water

when he reloads his magazine 

you actually see him use the bolt catch release on the M16A3/Assault rifle 

which to me seems like R* did their research on how to reload a magazine on a AR platform 

hoping the same for other firearms 

Don't know why, but i feel like we're gonna get an announcement and trailer sometime in April 

xe3hUFK.png

Kid Named Finger
1 hour ago, KarimNTerr said:

Don't know why, but i feel like we're gonna get an announcement and trailer sometime in April 

Ahh... hope. Forgot what that feels like

Edited by Spider-Vice
Removed reference to deleted post

19 minutes ago, Not Kmart said:

From the look of it.

one of the videos of “Jason” shooting at the boat and water

when he reloads his magazine 

which to me seems like R* did their research on how to reload a magazine on a AR platform 

hoping the same for other firearms 

hopefully "the next entry in the grand theft auto series" will have very detailed gunplay and combat

23 minutes ago, Not Kmart said:

The assault rifle seen in the leaks is modeled after an M4A1

Spider-Vice
2 hours ago, MaddenedGhost said:

Hey maybe the Rockstar intro logo is gonna be similar to the R* San Diego logo from Midnight Club 2 :kekw: 

(timestamped)

• Like 5

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

Agent Edward
1 hour ago, Leonida Man said:

Dear Mr Spider-Vice,
spacer.png

We should get a "busta" reaction instead of the "bruh", with Ryder's face.