Jump to content

GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion [Part 8] - A VInewood Drama


Spider-Vice

Recommended Posts

The Ubisoft AI thing is a positive change. 

 

I don't think a lot of people understand it and just blindly hate on anything "AI" these days. In this case, they are going to use the AI to help create tons more NPC dialogue. They can give it specific instructions so it feels immersive so that's not an issue. And it's not like they are going to let it run wild, they will be checking what it writes of course.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Vice Cit said:

They shouldn't be in any rush to do anything with the game. When it's ready, they'll show it to us. Rushing them is just gonna end up in a sub-par product, and R* isn't gonna let that happen with their next record shattering title. 

I mean they can reveal the game with no release date and that's it, no need to set a release date and then devs to feel pressure

  • Like 2
  • Bruh 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, ionutx02 said:

I mean they can reveal the game with no release date and that's it, no need to set a release date and then devs to feel pressure

No reason to reveal it yet if they don't have a timeline. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Remember when people thought that the game would get rebooted when the leaks dropped? About the most ridiculous thing I heard that day, I was like ''Nah, that ain't even considered.'' Then Rockstar pretty much confirmed the games existence and that progress wouldn't be stopped. Good times

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spider-Vice

That's because it was thought that the entire source code was out there in the wild, that would be absolutely devastating for any project ever, including current ones like GTA Online (in regards to vulnerabilities, etc). People kept comparing it to Cyberpunk's source code leak but also kept forgetting it happened post-release and that CDPR was already planning to drop RED Engine for Unreal anyway. Even then, some stuff for Phantom Liberty leaked with that.

 

Just the videos, yeah, they aren't gonna reboot it all.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

Just the videos, yeah, they aren't gonna reboot it all.

And the videos didn't really compromise anything important. We have no idea what the story is gonna be about, all we learned was the location, time period, and protags. Jason and Lucia will definitely look different when we see an official reveal. Probably not because of the leak though. Didn't Michael look different in the promo material/trailers than he did in the final game? Wasn't he a little older?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most games look different in their closest to launch trailers if anything. There's changes to the games happening even until launch day. I wonder how big the day 1 patch is going to be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spider-Vice
9 minutes ago, Vice Cit said:

Didn't Michael look different in the promo material/trailers than he did in the final game? Wasn't he a little older?

Yep, that trailer was a full 2 years before release so the game was pretty far from being locked down visuals/features/etc-wise! Same will happen with VI but I have a feeling they wanna show us something a bit more representative to avoid 2020's gamer commentary a bit more.

  • Like 3

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Vice Cit said:

And the videos didn't really compromise anything important. We have no idea what the story is gonna be about, all we learned was the location, time period, and protags. Jason and Lucia will definitely look different when we see an official reveal. Probably not because of the leak though. Didn't Michael look different in the promo material/trailers than he did in the final game? Wasn't he a little older?

Basically things that was already out there for years but was just visually confirmed through the leaks , the only thing that was “new” to me personally was Port Gellhorn 🤷🏾‍♂️ 

Edited by Short Dawg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dick Justice

All Rockstar characters go through model variations. Sometimes the changes are minor and made very late. Here's how some Rockstar characters looked ~12 months before their games came out:

 

Niko:

Spoiler

EbufEEbn4MgMucFbtwnQT6.jpg

 

Michael (with Frank and Trev):

Spoiler

gta3.jpg

 

Arthur:

Spoiler

Screen-Shot-2017-09-28-at-4.25.51-PM.png

 

Sometimes the changes are more minor. My guess is it has something to do with face-mapping for animations, and making the characters look more like their actors as development progresses. In all cases, the characters look much better in the final release. My point being is that if this is what these characters looked like 1 year before release, I imagine Jason and Lucia will go through significant changes from how they looked 2+ years prior to release. 

  • Realistic Steak! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheOriginalGunslinger
33 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

Yep, that trailer was a full 2 years before release so the game was pretty far from being locked down visuals/features/etc-wise! Same will happen with VI but I have a feeling they wanna show us something a bit more representative to avoid 2020's gamer commentary a bit more.


Reminds me of the Trailer #2 version of Arthur :kekw: they definitely made him look more rugged down the road during development which was a good thing

 

spacer.png
 

@Dick Justice We put the same pic up at the same time 😁

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger
  • Like 1
  • Bonk! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agent Edward
7 hours ago, REVENGE777 said:

I thought it was supposed to be hail/frozen rain. I never really thought much about it

It isn't hail, the hail actually have physics on this game and bounces around, unlike the bugged rain I mentioned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agent Edward
20 minutes ago, TheOriginalGunslinger said:


Reminds me of the Trailer #2 version of Arthur :kekw: they definitely made him look more rugged down the road during development which was a good thing

 

spacer.png
 

@Dick Justice We put the same pic up at the same time 😁

Same vibe

 

FNXIeuvUYAEMey3.jpg:large

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Retro_Causality
22 minutes ago, Dick Justice said:

All Rockstar characters go through model variations. Sometimes the changes are minor and made very late. Here's how some Rockstar characters looked ~12 months before their games came out:

 

Niko:

  Hide contents

EbufEEbn4MgMucFbtwnQT6.jpg

 

Michael (with Frank and Trev):

  Hide contents

gta3.jpg

 

Arthur:

  Hide contents

Screen-Shot-2017-09-28-at-4.25.51-PM.png

 

Sometimes the changes are more minor. My guess is it has something to do with face-mapping for animations, and making the characters look more like their actors as development progresses. In all cases, the characters look much better in the final release. My point being is that if this is what these characters looked like 1 year before release, I imagine Jason and Lucia will go through significant changes from how they looked 2+ years prior to release. 

Jason's face already started to change in the 9-12 video i believe 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agent Edward
3 minutes ago, Retro_Causality said:

Jason's face already started to change in the 9-12 video i believe 

He looks much better than the previous videos, even though we simp for Lucia, Jason probably will be my favorite character on GTA 6 anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

VercettiGuy

Okay, just had a power outage for an hour.

 

What did I miss? Did it get announced? Is there a trailer? When will it come out?

 

I NEED ANSWERS!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dick Justice
1 hour ago, TheOriginalGunslinger said:


@Dick Justice We put the same pic up at the same time 😁

I noticed that haha. It's a bit of an unfair shot to use because he looks like such a goober in it. There were other shots in trailer 2 where he looked awesome. 

 

2017-09-28-image-9-j.webp

 

I think that's ultimately why they edit the characters as development goes on. They probably start out designing their faces to look good during open-world exploration, but when the cutscenes start getting made and their characters' expressions are too much, they tone the models down and reshape their faces to better fit the narrative.  

Edited by Dick Justice
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheOriginalGunslinger said:


Reminds me of the Trailer #2 version of Arthur :kekw: they definitely made him look more rugged down the road during development which was a good thing

 

spacer.png
 

@Dick Justice We put the same pic up at the same time 😁

Looks closer to his actor here to me

  • Like 1

 2dQaqi9.png purple-diamond-gem.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Spider-Vice said:

Yep, that trailer was a full 2 years before release so the game was pretty far from being locked down visuals/features/etc-wise! Same will happen with VI but I have a feeling they wanna show us something a bit more representative to avoid 2020's gamer commentary a bit more.

Franklin was full on balding in the first trailer because they hadn't actually mady his hair yet :kekw:

  • KEKW 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

That's because it was thought that the entire source code was out there in the wild, that would be absolutely devastating for any project ever, including current ones like GTA Online (in regards to vulnerabilities, etc). People kept comparing it to Cyberpunk's source code leak but also kept forgetting it happened post-release and that CDPR was already planning to drop RED Engine for Unreal anyway. Even then, some stuff for Phantom Liberty leaked with that.

 

Just the videos, yeah, they aren't gonna reboot it all.

Good, I’d hope not. I’ve gone from apprehensive to pretty enthusiastic about the location, modern setting and characters we’ve seen so far. It definitely feels like a fresh approach. Having the MCs be a couple creates a lot of possibilities story wise, I’m already ruminating on the possibilities for multiple endings..

Edited by AUScowboy
  • Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

HarryTVisitor
40 minutes ago, Vice Cit said:

I think one of them is gonna die at the end, and what we do during the story will decide who it is.

Honestly I kinda hope not, at least, I hope they do an actually justifiable reason to make such an ending this time. V's multiple endings were really ham-fisted, like they felt it was necessary to do the multiple ending thing like GTA IV did, but they didn't actually structure the narrative around it, thus making the choices at the end feel very arbitrary and out of character for Franklin.

Personally I'm hoping they either try something a little different, like having 2 sets of endings, thus leading to 4 total endings (kinda like how in RDR2, your ending as Arthur depended on how high your honor was on top of whether or not you chose to go with John)

 

Spoiler

In fact, I think it'd be interesting if they integrated the supposed "Pragmatic/Romantic" system into this like the honor worked in RDR2, maybe if your "Romance" was high enough, it would unlock an ending where both protagonists passionately fight for their lives so they can live the rest of their lives together (or even get dark and have the ending be them dying together in a blaze of glory), or, if you chose to keep Jason & Lucia's relationship to be more pragmatic, then maybe something similar to the ending of A Way Out could occur instead where the two go against each other and the ultimate final decision for the player would be to side with whichever protagonist they like more, thus putting a more unique spin on Rockstar's usual ending gimmicks whilst also playing into their recent tendency to kill off their protagonists



...Or, they go back to the GTA IV styled multiple endings where your choices weren't directly tied to one of the protagonists' mortality and instead could lead to someone else that's integral to the story dying or something.

Edited by HarryTVisitor
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spider-Vice

GTA Online getting into the vibe :prismkek: 

 

kdZ4llC.png

(I named my acid lab GTA VI)

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dick Justice
54 minutes ago, HarryTVisitor said:

Honestly I kinda hope not, at least, I hope they do an actually justifiable reason to make such an ending this time. V's multiple endings were really ham-fisted, like they felt it was necessary to do the multiple ending thing like GTA IV did, but they didn't actually structure the narrative around it, thus making the choices at the end feel very arbitrary and out of character for Franklin.

Personally I'm hoping they either try something a little different, like having 2 sets of endings, thus leading to 4 total endings (kinda like how in RDR2, your ending as Arthur depended on how high your honor was on top of whether or not you chose to go with John)

 

  Hide contents

In fact, I think it'd be interesting if they integrated the supposed "Pragmatic/Romantic" system into this like the honor worked in RDR2, maybe if your "Romance" was high enough, it would unlock an ending where both protagonists passionately fight for their lives so they can live the rest of their lives together (or even get dark and have the ending be them dying together in a blaze of glory), or, if you chose to keep Jason & Lucia's relationship to be more pragmatic, then maybe something similar to the ending of A Way Out could occur instead where the two go against each other and the ultimate final decision for the player would be to side with whichever protagonist they like more, thus putting a more unique spin on Rockstar's usual ending gimmicks whilst also playing into their recent tendency to kill off their protagonists



...Or, they go back to the GTA IV styled multiple endings where your choices weren't directly tied to one of the protagonists' mortality and instead could lead to someone else that's integral to the story dying or something.

Spoiler

You've got pragmatic / romantic and cool / chaos. Ideally, it won't be two bars but a square axis where you can end up with four endings based on the combination of how you've played. For example if you are romantic / chaos, you get the ending where Jason and Lucia go down together in a blaze of glory. If you are pragmatic / chaos, you get an ending where both characters go head to head. If you are are romantic / cool, they drive off into the sunset together. If you are pragmatic / cool, the characters go their seperate ways after pulling off a big score. These endings are fairly diverse, but the missions themselves that lead to them don't have to be. It feels like something like this could be doable. 

Dunno if this needed spoiler tags, just wanted to be safe in case people don't want to know about GTAVI's honour system. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheOriginalGunslinger

I’m already imaging roaming around Downtown Vice City, the sounds of cars passing by on the highway, a passenger plane with it’s engine roaring up in the sky as it passes by and jumping in a truck as Jason (while Lucia is off somewhere doing her own thing) and heading out to the Grassrivers with the tunes on the radio blasting with the sun beating down and off we go 😎

 

If I hear Fernando or Maurice Chavez back on the airways in this edition of Vice City that’s it… I’ll have the biggest smile on my face man

 

Ya’ll know that feeling when playing a new Rockstar title… you get that first awesome moment and then it turns into thousands of awesome moments. I remember playing RDR2 for the first time and having a beer with John at one of the camps at the table. He randomly grabbed one and sat. I thought it was so damn cool seeing that

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger
Link to comment
Share on other sites

HarryTVisitor
2 hours ago, Dick Justice said:
  Hide contents

You've got pragmatic / romantic and cool / chaos. Ideally, it won't be two bars but a square axis where you can end up with four endings based on the combination of how you've played. For example if you are romantic / chaos, you get the ending where Jason and Lucia go down together in a blaze of glory. If you are pragmatic / chaos, you get an ending where both characters go head to head. If you are are romantic / cool, they drive off into the sunset together. If you are pragmatic / cool, the characters go their seperate ways after pulling off a big score. These endings are fairly diverse, but the missions themselves that lead to them don't have to be. It feels like something like this could be doable. 

Dunno if this needed spoiler tags, just wanted to be safe in case people don't want to know about GTAVI's honour system. 

Oh, I really like this idea. Better than the one I had actually! Here's hoping they do something like this, it'd certainly be a nice change of pace from the way Rockstar's been doing their endings, and it'd be a logical next step after the two different endings RDR2 had!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TheOriginalGunslinger said:

I’m already imaging roaming around Downtown Vice City, the sounds of cars passing by on the highway, a passenger plane with it’s engine roaring up in the sky as it passes by and jumping in a truck as Jason (while Lucia is off somewhere doing her own thing) and heading out to the Grassrivers with the tunes on the radio blasting with the sun beating down and off we go 😎

 

If I hear Fernando or Maurice Chavez back on the airways in this edition of Vice City that’s it… I’ll have the biggest smile on my face man

 

Ya’ll know that feeling when playing a new Rockstar title… you get that first awesome moment and then it turns into thousands of awesome moments. I remember playing RDR2 for the first time and having a beer with John at one of the camps at the table. He randomly grabbed one and sat. I thought it was so damn cool seeing that

I think I will be spending a lot of time in Ocean Beach

  • Realistic Steak! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly I don't want Jason or Lucia to die in this game at the end of the main story. We had this exact same thing happen with basically ever HD-era Rockstar game and I'm fed up with that. I'm sure they find ways to make an interesting and emotional story even without one of the main protagonists dying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Vice Cit said:

They shouldn't be in any rush to do anything with the game. When it's ready, they'll show it to us. Rushing them is just gonna end up in a sub-par product, and R* isn't gonna let that happen with their next record shattering title. 

How long until we have enough though? We've had 10 years. No announcement for 15 years do we still have patience for it to be ready? This is not a criticism of you VC, but they've had ten years. They should give us the logo at least, like they did for SA and IV.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes. I mean the wait is really becoming unbearable at this point with nothing slightly comparable on the horizon. The logo would be a great start and I'm sure we'd be satisfied for another year or so without news. 

 

Also I'm actually looking forward to the official cover art reveal more than anything else. For me the GTA franchise has the most iconic and greatest cover art ever made. 

 

Oh dear, I think I finally reached the point where I'm so ready for a new GTA and the Rockstar hype leading up to it.

 

The thing is I would only want a logo, the cover art and a release date but nothing else before I play it myself. I know it's practically impossible in this age of the internet unless you turn it off completely but I'd like to try?

 

Also with wait comes expectation and seeing how long the wait has already been ... how can Rockstar possibly blow all our expectations out of the water and surpass even the wildest ones?

Edited by Emmi
  • Realistic Steak! 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.