GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion [Part 8] - A VInewood Drama

Spider-Vice

GutterSharkz
1 hour ago, tcj3_ said:

Wonder if St Augustine is in the game in any extent. Has a super rich history and some cool places to visit that would fit well as a smaller town outside of Vice City

That'd be cool, I go up there every year to wind down. In typical R* fashion, it likely wont be a full 1:1 of the city, but I could see them building out a pseudo city of 'Old Florida' that encompasses elements from St. Augustine and similar cities like Charleston/Savannah. 

Edited by GutterSharkz

Rockstarter

i noticed the Ocelot Virtue seems to have a very detailed interior, it even has an LCD display that shows you which song is playing on the radio.

do other cars have this? I haven't noticed.

24 minutes ago, Tez2 said:

but tigers are the new addition we will see on VI.

source or ban.

• Like 2
  • Bonk! 1

59 minutes ago, Ser_Salty said:

V doesn't have much to make it stand out. If you want a super in depth, detailed, immersive experience and city, that's GTA4. If you want a big, varied map with a large vehicle variety with planes etc., you go to San Andreas. V does *some* of each. It has a fairly large and varied map with a pretty good vehicle variety, but it's outdone by San Andreas. It has a fairly immersive, detailed city, but is way outdone by GTA4. It doesn't have any big draw.

32 minutes ago, Ser_Salty said:

but it's not the most interesting map or the best map to play on. And while the handling is definitely good, it's nothing stand out. The vehicles all feel roughly the same, a few cars like the beater Voodoo feel a little different. The bikes are actually pretty boring when you compare it to something like Days Gone with more in depth bike handling.

If you take a look back, you'll see that you're mentioning multiple games to point out where a single game falls short. See the problem with that? The thing is that there's no singular urban open world game that eclipses V in every way. One could prefer other games, but ultimately there's nothing that truly comes close from a production point of view.

Every element of the V game is solid enough to stand on its own, and the fact that all of them work in harmony within a single game that was released in 2013 is absolutely remarkable. Almost miraculous technical achievement to pull it off on PS3/360. Even after 10 years, there's literally nothing like it on the market, and it has held up beautifully. People value consistency. And all of that doesn't even take GTAO into account, which is a completely different beast.

The only game among those 3 that could fit that bill is SA, but that game is a 2004 PS2 title with ancient tech and polygonal graphics with a very unnaturally proportioned map by modern standards. There's no point in comparing those 2 games. A proper modern remake of SA would be that game; there's a reason nobody has even attempted anything even close to that scale in the last 10 years. The map alone would have to be like 10 times larger than its PS2 counterpart. As far as we know, even R*'s next mainline GTA wouldn't have 3 major cities at launch.

21 minutes ago, Rockstarter said:

it even has an LCD display that shows you which song is playing on the radio.

do other cars have this? I haven't noticed.

Lol it’s been like that since 2014 when R* released PS4/Xbox One version

• Like 1

Sword_of_Dusk

Man, I can't wait to see what little details Rockstar includes in GTA VI for people to find. They're really good about stuff that other devs wouldn't care about.

I was watching one of Captain Eggcellent's Hidden Details videos, and he brought up a neat detail about the car washes in GTA IV. They cost $5 to use, though there are signs that advertise a $3 specials for taxis. If you take a taxi to a car wash, it actually only charges you $3. Never noticed that, and the game is over a decade old.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Zapper said:

If you take a look back, you'll see that you're mentioning multiple games to point out where a single game falls short. See the problem with that? The thing is that there's no singular urban open world game that eclipses V in every way. One could prefer other games, but ultimately there's nothing that truly comes close from a production point of view.

Every element of the V game is solid enough to stand on its own, and the fact that all of them work in harmony within a single game that was released in 2013 is absolutely remarkable. Almost miraculous technical achievement to pull it off on PS3/360. Even after 10 years, there's literally nothing like it on the market, and it has held up beautifully. People value consistency. And all of that doesn't even take GTAO into account, which is a completely different beast.

I mean, that's kind of my point. You have to care about detail and variety, but not enough about either to pivot to a different game. And while a jack of all trades, master of none, is often better than a master of one, it's not always better. You have to like or want a very specific balance of gameplay fidelity and variety, map design, etc. to pick GTA V over other games of the genre and very few people think like that. Most people will have some things they prefer, like a large, varied map, or a very immersive city with in depth pedestrian AI, good driving, character customization etc. GTA V does well enough at each of them, but it doesn't excel at any of them. GTA Vs Los Santos doesn't stick out in my mind as a great video game city because it's just a cardboard backdrop when compared to the interactability of San Andreas's three cities, GTA 4s Liberty City or even Watch Dogs 2s San Francisco, with its dozens of highly detailed recreations of real life landmarks, graffiti and useable cafés and pawn shops. Southern San Andreas is large, but not large enough to excuse its shortcomings like with Just Cause or The Crew. GTA V is just full of things that are almost always pretty good or even really good, but never the best or most interesting. And that's not always because of technical limitations. The limitations of the PS3 didn't force them to wrap a highway around the entire map, making it feel much smaller. The PS3 limitation didn't force them to remove enterable fast food restaurants, because there's plenty of interiors on the map, just most of them are locked (e.g. Tequi-La-La, LifeInvader, Bahama Mamas West etc.). I mean, there's a bunch of details where it baffles me why they would focus on that, when 99% of players won't notice it or even care about, rather than details that players will actually appreciate. Why implement a feature to pick up women, when you can't even use a hotdog stand to refill your health?

TheOriginalGunslinger
1 hour ago, Tez2 said:

but tigers are the new addition we will see on VI

• KEKW 2

6 minutes ago, Barrtek said:

It would be nice to take someone on a date to the zoo 🐯

See some pussy, then eat some pussy

Retro_Causality
23 hours ago, Ser_Salty said:

In 2022-09-12 14-42-12 he's wearing olive green shorts and in 2021-11-23 they're grey

good point.....saw that

his hat seemed to change as well...different color, same logo

18 minutes ago, Retro_Causality said:

good point.....saw that

his hat seemed to change as well...different color, same logo

He also looks completely different there not just what he wears.

Spoiler

Multiple years I think.

Edited by 44Orca

2dQaqi9.png purple-diamond-gem.gif

Retro_Causality
3 minutes ago, 44Orca said:

He also looks completely different there not just what he wers.

he looks heavier and it seems like they are starting to change his face a bit, maybe making it more like the actor?

21 minutes ago, Ser_Salty said:

You have to care about detail and variety, but not enough about either to pivot to a different game. And while a jack of all trades, master of none, is often better than a master of one, it's not always better. You have to like or want a very specific balance of gameplay fidelity and variety, map design, etc. to pick GTA V over other games of the genre and very few people think like that.

Very few people think like that? V quite literally is the most popular urban open world game ever made, and it ain't even particularly close by any metric even when you don't factor online in. Moreover, it has the critical acclaim to back it up as well. No game can stay this dominant over such a long period of time unless it's playing almost every card perfectly. It's remarkably consistent in practically every way. That's it's secret sauce. That's it's draw. Contrary to what you're saying, people just aren't pivoting to other games. They haven't for the last 10 years.

Open world as a genre has always been in that "jack of all trades" box due to its much wider scope, so that's always been a positive. If VI only has Vice City without any surrounding areas at launch, like IV and Liberty City, it'll be a colossal disappointment for the vast majority of people, even here in the forums, even if it's the most well-realised digital city ever created. That tells you all you need to know.

• Like 2

TheOriginalGunslinger
21 minutes ago, Barrtek said:

It would be nice to take someone on a date to the zoo 🐯

Me on the Grassrivers Tour Guide:

Half his hand is missing or ? What's going on there

2dQaqi9.png purple-diamond-gem.gif

TheOriginalGunslinger
2 minutes ago, 44Orca said:

Half his hand is missing or ? What's going on there

Tis a scratch (well, maybe not a scratch 😅) I’d poop my pants if that thing pounced at me

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger

VercettiGuy

I have a weak spot for sunsets. Ask my friends, all I took pictures of in V was sunsets. We had to stop missions for that :kekw:

That being said, I can't wait for the moment when I'll be sitting at a beautiful spot in Vice City, watching the sunset with a nice tune playing.

The night time will be even more amazing, provided it will actually be dark when there aren't any lights near this time around. Hauntingly beautiful and quiet outside the city, bright and loud inside the city.

This game needs to come out already. 

TheOriginalGunslinger

At least we don’t gotta worry about the Argentinian assassin :kekw:

I feel like some of us has had this happen at least once when cruising with randoms in GTA Online @0:50 hehe

Spider-Vice
21 minutes ago, VercettiGuy said:

I have a weak spot for sunsets. Ask my friends, all I took pictures of in V was sunsets. We had to stop missions for that :kekw:

That being said, I can't wait for the moment when I'll be sitting at a beautiful spot in Vice City, watching the sunset with a nice tune playing.

The night time will be even more amazing, provided it will actually be dark when there aren't any lights near this time around. Hauntingly beautiful and quiet outside the city, bright and loud inside the city.

This game needs to come out already. 

I *still* enjoy sunsets in GTA V quite a bit, I still take pics of a lot of those when playing GTAO, but I especially like the ones in RDR2 with the new weather system. Man GTA VI is gonna be unimaginably pretty.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

happygrowls

guys im going insane im having f*cking dreams about the reveal help me im slowly losing my f*cking sanity i need the game revealed before my dream demon takes over please hel

• KEKW 3

3 minutes ago, Zapper said:

Very few people think like that? V quite literally is the most popular urban open world game ever made, and it ain't even particularly close by any metric even when you don't factor online in. Moreover, it has the critical acclaim to back it up as well. No game can stay this dominant over such a long period of time unless it's playing almost every card perfectly. It's remarkably consistent in practically every way. That's it's secret sauce. That's it's draw. Contrary to what you're saying, people just aren't pivoting to other games. They haven't for the last 10 years.

Open world as a genre has always been in that "jack of all trades" box due to its much wider scope, so that's always been a positive. If VI only has Vice City without any surrounding areas at launch, like IV and Liberty City, it'll be a colossal disappointment for the vast majority of people, even here in the forums, even if it's the most well-realised digital city ever created. That tells you all you need to know.

It's not about sales or popularity, it's about quality and appreciation. People aren't going to other games because almost f*ck all has come out the past decade. Watch Dogs 2 was good, but it's a different niche and had very little marketing. Watch Dogs 1 and Legion were disappointing, so was the new Saints Row and that's it in terms of urban open world games for the last 10 years, nevermind any of those getting updated for years. GTA Vs remaining popularity comes from GTA Online still receiving updates and the lack of a new GTA, with GTA Online itself only being held up by its predatory business model making Rockstar billions from whales. But that was never my main point anyway. My point was just that GTA V has the wrong ratio of size to quality. Los Santos is much smaller than Liberty City, yet is severely lacking in detail and interactivity. Blaine County is large and beautiful to look at, but poorly laid out and filled with unusable mountain space, when compared to the countryside of SA (which isn't even that much smaller when you cut out the actual dead space of most of the mountains). The character customization is alright, but nobody is starting up story mode to put outfits together because it's pointless because characters switch out of them anyway. VI needs to be large, detailed with a well laid out map that isn't just padded out with unusable space to fly over. It needs a city and a map that you can actually interact with. Liberty City was like a character of its own in GTA IV, Los Santos and Blaine County in V are just backdrops.

• Like 2

VercettiGuy

Check out 7:15:

That's what I'm talking about! Grassrivers being pitch black - until you turn the light on :kekw:

5 minutes ago, happygrowls said:

guys im going insane im having f*cking dreams about the reveal help me im slowly losing my f*cking sanity i need the game revealed before my dream demon takes over please hel

I once dreamt that Rockstar released a demo/beta of GTA VI, that included like a quarter of the map which was already massive. That returned in another dream, although the Vice City in that one looked a lot like Miami in The Crew 2 :kekw:

I'm not expecting any announcements until the entirety of the Drug Wars content is released, and we're still waiting on the Boor. Even when we do get an announcement, I think it's far more likely to be for the summer DLC, but at least there will be a chance of an official reveal for VI. If this Thursday is another nothing week with no new releases to continue extending the dripfeed I'm going to scream.

Edited by Pat

Slosten.gif

TheOriginalGunslinger
12 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

Man GTA VI is gonna be unimaginably pretty.

Heck yeah! The rain is gonna be something else too

• Realistic Steak! 1

1 minute ago, VercettiGuy said:

Check out 7:15:

That's what I'm talking about! Grassrivers being pitch black - until you turn the light on :kekw:

Night time driving with actual dark nights would be so cool. I was playing Forza Horizon 4 the other day and while the nights there aren't pitch black, they're decently dark enough where you actually need your headlights. I remember looking out over like a field, towards the moon, I could barely make out the shape of the land, but the moonlight was being reflected in puddles of water and it just looked so f*cking cool.

1 minute ago, Pat said:

I'm still not expecting any announcements until the entirety of the Drug Wars content is released, and we're still waiting on the Boor. Even when we do get an announcement, I still think it's far more likely to be for the summer DLC, but at least there will be a chance of an official reveal for VI. If this Thursday is another nothing week with no new releases to continue extending the dripfeed I'm going to scream.

Rockstar has somehow managed to just make me completely not care about this update and GTA Online, despite me actually liking the content of it, through this insane dripfeed. It just flicked some sort of switch in my brain and now I give absolutely zero f*cks about Online. Maybe the relative closeness of VI helps too, but I actually still cared until shortly after the update came out.

• Like 2

TheOriginalGunslinger
16 minutes ago, happygrowls said:

Take a seat. Stay with us. Don’t go getting all insane on us just yet

VercettiGuy
6 minutes ago, Ser_Salty said:

Night time driving with actual dark nights would be so cool. I was playing Forza Horizon 4 the other day and while the nights there aren't pitch black, they're decently dark enough where you actually need your headlights. I remember looking out over like a field, towards the moon, I could barely make out the shape of the land, but the moonlight was being reflected in puddles of water and it just looked so f*cking cool.

Yes! Totally agree with you. Funny you mention FH4, as I had a similar experience in FH3 when it came out. Drove through the jungle at night and it was literally pitch black, I couldn't see anything that wasn't in my light's radius. I had the map turned off and had absolutely no idea where I was going. It's little moments like that that I'll always remember.

Imagine being in the Grassrivers, they're massive and it's genuinely pitch black. Like, horror-game pitch black. Only the moon being a small light source. You can't see a thing, you can only hear noises and they don't sound very welcoming. It should absolutely give you the creeps. 

They managed to do that in RDR2's swamp, I so hope they'll do it again and that this is the direction they want that part of the map to go.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, VercettiGuy said:

Yes! Totally agree with you. Funny you mention FH4, as I had a similar experience in FH3 when it came out. Drove through the jungle at night and it was literally pitch black, I couldn't see anything that wasn't in my light's radius. I had the map turned off and had absolutely no idea where I was going. It's little moments like that that I'll always remember.

Imagine being in the Grassrivers, they're massive and it's genuinely pitch black. Like, horror-game pitch black. Only the moon being a small light source. You can't see a thing, you can only hear noises and they don't sound very welcoming. It should absolutely give you the creeps. 

They managed to do that in RDR2's swamp, I so hope they'll do it again and that this is the direction they want that part of the map to go.

Imagine you crash your helicopter or something in the grassrivers at night, and now you gotta find your way back on foot. You whip out a flashlight and just see dozens of little glowing eyes in the water. You have no car, only a pistol or micro SMG, map turned off and now you gotta run your ass back to civilization before the gators get you.