GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion [Part 8] - A VInewood Drama

Spider-Vice

Gentlebreeze
1 hour ago, McIn Tyler said:

16k resolution will be a thing buy then. 

There better be trash in vehicles and the protagonists catching a cold attention to detail by then. 

Edited by Gentlebreeze

2 hours ago, lngtrw said:

Cayo Perico (which is in South America, afaik) was also sort of referred to, in the leaks, IIRC.

What’s interesting about cayo perico is that it’s mostly based off Norman’s Cay , which is a island southeast of Florida 

25 minutes ago, McIn Tyler said:

16k resolution will be a thing buy then. 

At some point 4K will be the standard resolution for gamers

TheOriginalGunslinger

The “loot bag” of sorts still has me excited. How would y’all feel (honestly) about popping pills (which is most likely a thing) in the heat of an intense shootout? Not slow motioning Max Payne style of course not… but you noticing health is getting a little too low and you pop a pill. I remember Tez mentioning this about the bag (shoutout Tez)

Also, remember when you get into an ambulance and we get a decent amount of a boost of health? Well, how about we “steal” medical supplies from the back of ambulances when not occupied by the drivers or maybe we buy medical stuff from pharmacy places?

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger

Väinämöinen
19 hours ago, Retro_Causality said:

is it as good as the Sopranos stuff like that etc.?

Nothing is going to be as good as The Sopranos.

14 minutes ago, Short Dawg said:

What’s interesting about cayo perico is that it’s mostly based off Norman’s Cay , which is a island southeast of Florida 

Functionally, it's like Norman's Cay, but the shape is based off of Canouan, an island belonging to Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. Not too far from South America either.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Zapper said:

Functionally, it's like Norman's Cay, but the shape is based off of Canouan, an island belonging to Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. Not too far from South America either.

At first I thought Cayo Perico is Guadalupe Island or something near Mexico, since California is north, but it's supposed to be all the way near to south America. That's weird isn't it?:kekw:

(It was after reading comments here back then and playing the mission I realized it's somewhere Caribbean/South America)

Edited by 44Orca

2dQaqi9.png purple-diamond-gem.gif

14 minutes ago, TheOriginalGunslinger said:

how about we “steal” medical supplies from the back of ambulances when not occupied by the drivers

Would be cool if you'd be able to call an ambulance (or just roll up to an ambient ambulance driving around) and pop the back doors open and loot it. Could be when it's waiting at a red light or if you're in a deserted area you can just ambush it.

• Like 2

Hopefully they let us do vigilante, taxi, firefighter, pizza and paramedic missions again like in the 3D era GTA games.

1 hour ago, Short Dawg said:

I believe it's an actual island in St Vincent and The Grenadines

Someone has already explained it

image0.jpg

:kekw:

If yall ever feel bored just read the reviews on this island :kekw:

Edited by lngtrw

5 hours ago, Tez2 said:

Maybe some bengal tigers within a tourist site or something.

I heard long ago from my friend's friend there will be tigers and lions in the game and that guy is really working for Rockstar but i dont know what position he is working

27 minutes ago, Buckcote said:

I heard long ago from my friend's friend there will be tigers and lions in the game and that guy is really working for Rockstar but i dont know what position he is working

I searched Zoos and showed me these:

wpxW8t9.png

So maybe there's at least one zoo in the game? I'd like that but just what purpose will it have though?

Edited by 44Orca

5 minutes ago, Short Dawg said:

Has anyone checked the name of the island right above St Vincent? :kekw:

I have it as my flag :kekw:

Edited by 44Orca

Kotei Baran

Would love to have some Italian Mafia missions in GTA 6, you know, just to get those Tommy Vercetti vibes. 

Looking at some of the lesser talked about clips, Americas_1 2022-05-24 17-19-42 in particular. My bad if this has been talked about to death without me noticing, but this clip has some really peculiar on-screen dev text I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on.

INPUT_HORSE_EXIT has been DISABLED by UNKNOWN

INPUT_VEH_EXIT has been DISABLED by UNKNOWN

Input_horse_exit? A leftover from Red Dead 2 maybe? The idea of ridable horses in GTA seems kinda strange.

I noticed a line of text that refers to multiplayer female profiles and avatars too. Is this clip some sort of test for VI Online?

• Like 2

Scott Ransom
1 hour ago, TheOriginalGunslinger said:

The “loot bag” of sorts still has me excited. How would y’all feel (honestly) about popping pills (which is most likely a thing) in the heat of an intense shootout? Not slow motioning Max Payne style of course not… but you noticing health is getting a little too low and you pop a pill. I remember Tez mentioning this about the bag (shoutout Tez)

Also, remember when you get into an ambulance and we get a decent amount of a boost of health? Well, how about we “steal” medical supplies from the back of ambulances when not occupied by the drivers or maybe we buy medical stuff from pharmacy places?

I actually think it could be pretty cool to bring back the slow motioning after popping a pill like in GTA3, maybe a refined version of it - I always like that feature. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emmi said:

Hopefully they let us do vigilante, taxi, firefighter, pizza and paramedic missions again like in the 3D era GTA games.

I mean food delivery apps are more popular than ever these days, you could make some easy pocket cash as a courier :kekw: Also something like Uber could work for driving.

Wonder if St Augustine is in the game in any extent. Has a super rich history and some cool places to visit that would fit well as a smaller town outside of Vice City

• Like 3

Spider-Vice
31 minutes ago, Personano said:

I noticed a line of text that refers to multiplayer female profiles and avatars too. Is this clip some sort of test for VI Online?

Yeah, that clip is using what they now call Avatars aka the online character. Seems like very very very early development stuff though when it comes to GTAO.

• Like 2

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

Kid Named Finger

Limited weapon wheel + being able to drop weapons anytime has been the best thing from the leaks.

KING Julien

I wonder will the game have something similar to nanite (in UE5) for rendering objects in far distance. although in the leaked footage LOD's are clearly visible. also few months back this patent filing for T2 was also found which it looks like something similar to nanite
https://uspto.report/patent/app/20220198752
Do you guys think would they would add it later in development?

4 hours ago, VercettiGuy said:

Since GTA San Andreas, IMO the franchise has been going one step forward and two steps back with each title.

GTA IV gave us an amazing overall experience, but took many things that players loved. Real estate, customization of cars and characters, a big map with different areas.

GTA V gave us the big map, three main characters but took just about every interior and had no atmosphere whatsoever. (Don't try to fight me on that!)

I hope that for the first time in 20 years with VI we'll get a game that only takes steps forward, with no omissions.

V doesn't have much to make it stand out. If you want a super in depth, detailed, immersive experience and city, that's GTA4. If you want a big, varied map with a large vehicle variety with planes etc., you go to San Andreas. V does *some* of each. It has a fairly large and varied map with a pretty good vehicle variety, but it's outdone by San Andreas. It has a fairly immersive, detailed city, but is way outdone by GTA4. It doesn't have any big draw. Three characters are cool, but don't make a game. Only other thing it has above the other GTAs is more car customization, but that's really just not enough.

Kid Named Finger
9 minutes ago, Ser_Salty said:

It doesn't have any big draw.

-Very fun driving + the best cars and bikes

-Best looking map

-Very cinematic/replayable missions

-Best character/vehicle/weapon customization out of any GTA game

Edited by Kid Named Finger

Spider-Vice
31 minutes ago, KINGJulienx said:

Do you guys think would they would add it later in development?

Usually patents are created during the R&D stages of a project, whether that's a future version of RAGE or a game. They can take years to finalise so if anything 2022 is when they were confident enough to turn it into a patent, possibly after implementing it into the engine in some way.

Also to the above conversation this topic is not becoming a GTA V vs. whatever thing again. Thanks.

• Like 1

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

VercettiGuy
11 minutes ago, Kid Named Finger said:

-Best looking map

Graphics-wise, yeah, but apart from that the map is full of flaws and not very pretty to look at. Especially when you get out of the city. It's not even that the mountains are useless, it's that they are incredibly ugly.

Vice City and Liberty City (IV) are both much more beautiful, in their own way.

13 minutes ago, Kid Named Finger said:

This one is absolutely true though.

• Like 1
  • KekCringe 2

1 minute ago, Kid Named Finger said:

-Very fun driving + the best cars and bikes

-Best looking map

-Very cinematic/replayable missions

It doesn't have the best character customization, that's SA. For one, V constantly changes what you're wearing. But there's also only a handful of haircuts and beards for each character (one of them each being bald and full beard), and a much smaller selection of clothes. It might have the best looking map (although, personally, I like the look of IVs LC more), but it's not the most interesting map or the best map to play on. And while the handling is definitely good, it's nothing stand out. The vehicles all feel roughly the same, a few cars like the beater Voodoo feel a little different. The bikes are actually pretty boring when you compare it to something like Days Gone with more in depth bike handling. A crotch rocket in V feels roughly the same as a chopper, when they should be very different. And yes the missions are cinematic, but I wouldn't call them replayable. They're too restrictive for that, you're not gonna have a unique experience because any deviation, accidental or intentional, will be met with a mission fail. For a nice comparison, look at a chaos mod run of SA and of V and then look at how often an effect like teleporting, deleting a vehicle etc. will fail a mission. (Also any game with Scouting The Port isn't going to be all that replayable :kekw:). Only things I have to give V are the vehicle and weapon customization.

2 hours ago, Buckcote said:

Rockstar already has a lion model on RDR2, but tigers are the new addition we will see on VI. But I don't think we will see them in the wild, but more of a random event like at the Animal Sanctuary & Alligator Park in Everglades.

10 minutes ago, Tez2 said:

tigers are the new addition we will see on VI. But I don't think we will see them in the wild, but more of a random event like at the Animal Sanctuary & Alligator Park in Everglades.

Mission to get rid of a body

Will Newly Passed “Tiger King” Bill Protect Cubs at Zoos? Carole Baskin  Weighs In. | VegNews