GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion [Part 8] - A VInewood Drama

Spider-Vice

5 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

The fact that most of the GTA VI footage was on PC builds and not recordings from devkits is also an interesting indicator.

I think remote work played a huge part in that aspect. Surely, not every developer has access to devkits all the time from home by any means, hence the lack of devkit footage in the leaks.

1 hour ago, Frabbi 01 said:

While on the subject, achievements need to go. Forever. Games need to drop them. Steam needs to drop them. Again as somewhat a completionist I just don't want to be bothered doing outlandish tasks, playing through a game multiple times, getting different endings, dying 1000 different ways, doing Doomsday criminal mastermind to feel true pain, or whatever else these companies throw at us. Just make a game, have some side quests and exploration, and let us get to the next game.

Why are you even paying attention to achievements and arbitrary challenges in the first place? Those mean f*ck all anyway.

Spider-Vice
12 minutes ago, Zapper said:

I think remote work played a huge part in that aspect. Surely, not every developer has access to devkits all the time from home by any means, hence the lack of devkit footage in the leaks.

I think it's a mix of both yeah. We did see some devkit footage.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

4 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

I think it's a mix of both yeah. We did see some devkit footage.

hoping the PC port is optimized

While on the subject, achievements need to go. Forever. Games need to drop them. Steam needs to drop them. Again as somewhat a completionist I just don't want to be bothered doing outlandish tasks, playing through a game multiple times, getting different endings, dying 1000 different ways, doing Doomsday criminal mastermind to feel true pain, or whatever else these companies throw at us. Just make a game, have some side quests and exploration, and let us get to the next game.

They can just make some less impossible to get. I like getting them even if they mean nothing, some I find a lot of fun to do, depends on the game.

2dQaqi9.png purple-diamond-gem.gif

Every other developer releases both at the same time. Rockstar is the only exception. Pretty annoying having to wait an extra year. Also I bet when they do release 6 on PC, it's only on their launcher, and Steam has to wait even longer. I'm not playing until it's on Steam, even if that means like 2028. I have enough games to play.

I hate this, and I'm for the most part, a completionist. RDR2 does have the entire database of wildlife to see, as well as other things that will take forever to see, so you're not exactly correct on that one. Also it's in all different menus too so it makes it even worse to check what things you've completed 100%.

Nintendo has been doing this too. 900 korok seeds in Zelda BOTW and 900 moons in Mario Odyssey. Is this stuff really needed? I like collectibles but there's this thing called sanity... People have games to play. I have a queue of like 50 games at this point (thanks GTAO!) and I don't want to be spending a month playing each one.

I enjoy trying to get all the achievements.

but I understand lol

BakeWithMe1000
1 hour ago, Spider-Vice said:

I have some hope that we'll get both at the same time now that R*/RAGE seems to have matured a lot more in regards to PC development. Plus there's the GTA Online factor, they would absolutely profit a lot more from having all platforms releasing at the same time and letting everyone jump onto GTAO at once.

The fact that most of the GTA VI footage was on PC builds and not recordings from devkits is also an interesting indicator.

I think what was also holding them back from releasing on PC is the pirating, or am I wrong? Releasing on console first gets more players to buy a copy instead of just getting a pirated version for free

HarryTVisitor

I have some hope that we'll get both at the same time now that R*/RAGE seems to have matured a lot more in regards to PC development. Plus there's the GTA Online factor, they would absolutely profit a lot more from having all platforms releasing at the same time and letting everyone jump onto GTAO at once.

It certainly helps that these days, consoles are practically just prebuilt, beefy gaming PCs that are locked down with a DRM-focused UI, so Rockstar wouldn't even really have to do very much effort in making a version of the game for PCs like they usually do, especially since we already have a good PC port of RDR2.

I really hope that this will be the game that breaks the "Wait 1-2 years after release for the PC port" Rockstar cycle, because it would be nice to have access to it on PC from day one

Edited by HarryTVisitor

Just now, BakeWithMe1000 said:

I think what was also holding them back from releasing on PC is the pirating, or am I wrong? Releasing on console first gets more players to buy a copy instead of just getting a pirated version for free

I think piracy is way less of an issue than it was even a decade ago. Most of the major sites are gone. Online is added to more games, so there's less incentive. Also most PC games are on sale for like $7 only 6 months after release anyway.

• excuseme 1

Kid Named Finger
13 minutes ago, Frabbi 01 said:

Most of the major sites are gone. 

No they're not. It's stronger than ever actually. Haven't bought a game since 2015. 

Red dead 2 took an insane amount of time to crack though. Took a whole year. I've never seen that happen to any other game in memory. The Rockstar devs are geniuses.

• Bruh 1

they would absolutely profit a lot more from having all platforms releasing at the same time and letting everyone jump onto GTAO at once.

They'll make more money from people double dipping

Retro_Causality

do you guys think when rockstar does the logo change it will be the biggest trending thing on twitter?

• KEKW 3

7 minutes ago, Retro_Causality said:

do you guys think when rockstar does the logo change it will be the biggest trending thing on twitter?

I see it being an announcement post, with the gta vi logo and a trailer countdown. Will sure be trending.

This rockstar logo (only) change that they did with RDR2 might not happen I think.

Edited by 44Orca

Tanned Tomboy Connoisseu
7 hours ago, Kotei Baran said:

Y'all think the Game should add Gore? GTA 3 and Vice city were pretty gory so imo, there should be at least a certain level of gore in the game.

Yes, atleast RDR2 tier

Spider-Vice
44 minutes ago, BakeWithMe1000 said:

RDR2 took over a year to be pirated because they actually did a pretty good job with the DRM (without having to use invasive tech like Denuvo Anti-Tamper) so that's not really a concern anymore. It's 2023 not 2005.

• Like 1

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

2 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

I really think it'd be better if they focus on optimizing the console versions first and then releasing a great PC "port" 6 months or 12 months later. It worked up until now just fine and it will surely work again with GTA VI. I don't see why they'd do a day-one PC release this time around.

Don't you get me started with GTA Online because I hope this sh*t doesn't get released any sooner than 6 months after the initial GTA VI release (I'd certainly don't even care a bit if they don't release it after a whole year or so), so the single player release which is the only thing that matters to me and every other day-one GTA fan has their fullest attention.

Edited by Emmi

27 minutes ago, Emmi said:

I really think it'd be better if they focus on optimizing the console versions first and then releasing a great PC "port" 6 months or 12 months later. It worked up until now just fine and it will surely work again with GTA VI. I don't see why they'd do a day-one PC release this time around.

Don't you get me started with GTA Online because I hope this sh*t doesn't get released any sooner than 6 months after the initial GTA VI release (I'd certainly don't even care a bit if they don't release it after a whole year or so), so the single player release which is the only thing that matters to me and every other day-one GTA fan has their fullest attention.

For a person who claims to “hate” GTA Online , you sure love bringing it up more than anyone else in this thread :kekw:

Edited by Short Dawg
  • KEKW 1

Cluckin Bell CEO
Just now, naughtygawdxci said:

I wonder if they already finished the voice recording

they must have surely by now

the main story must be done definitely, must be voicing side quests now

• Like 1

HarryTVisitor
15 minutes ago, naughtygawdxci said:

From what I understand, there's a few factors to consider, like how close we are to the game's actual release, how many unique peds there will be, ect

I think RDR2's 500+ actors recorded their lines over the course of 2011 - 2018 iirc, I know that the main story's acting was being done sometime around 2013 or so

So assuming it'll be like that, maybe? Though judging by the leaks, it's sounding like there's still quite a bit of work to be done in that regard, as we don't actually really hear all that much of our protagonists in those videos outside of the diner robbery and the dev switching between the two, and even in the case of the diner robbery it doesn't look complete, as during the getaway, Lucia's "F*ckin' cops." line isn't voiced, nor is Jason's "C'mon, we can lose 'em."

Though to be fair, that was also 6 months ago so they could've done significantly more voice work since then

Edited by HarryTVisitor
  • Like 3

I was asleep for the last weeks, was there really a new leak?

sorry for not being up to date...

7 minutes ago, fryday said:

Don't be sorry at all, if there was any breakthrough you would already know about it.

Theory: GTA 6 will be announced in may

Retro_Causality
1 hour ago, HarryTVisitor said:

From what I understand, there's a few factors to consider, like how close we are to the game's actual release, how many unique peds there will be, ect

I think RDR2's 500+ actors recorded their lines over the course of 2011 - 2018 iirc, I know that the main story's acting was being done sometime around 2013 or so

So assuming it'll be like that, maybe? Though judging by the leaks, it's sounding like there's still quite a bit of work to be done in that regard, as we don't actually really hear all that much of our protagonists in those videos outside of the diner robbery and the dev switching between the two, and even in the case of the diner robbery it doesn't look complete, as during the getaway, Lucia's "F*ckin' cops." line isn't voiced, nor is Jason's "C'mon, we can lose 'em."

Though to be fair, that was also 6 months ago so they could've done significantly more voice work since then

well the Diner video was actually recorded in July 2021....so essentially 14 months before the leak even happened, so  I assume they got a lot of that voice acting done. 

The main story is probably close to being wrapped up, what will take them all the way till release is probably all the side stuff

• Like 1

Kid Named Finger
2 hours ago, Retro_Causality said:

It's gonna get 10m + likes becoming the most liked tweet and Elon is gonna start gushing about how popular Twitter is again....

• KEKW 3

Clever Trevor
47 minutes ago, fryday said:

face-purple-crying

Taistelulaama
1 hour ago, naughtygawdxci said:

IIRC Roger Clark said they still recorded lines in 2018, so probably not.

What about that recent Lucia’s pic from Reddit?

Was it fake?

(Npc seemed like dummies anyway)

9 minutes ago, Luke_90 said:

What about that recent Lucia’s pic from Reddit?

Was it fake?

(Npc seemed like dummies anyway)

The one at night time? It's real, from the leaks if you mean that one.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, 44Orca said:

The one at night time? It's real, from the leaks if you mean that one.

Yes that

Ok, so I missed it when leaks came out