GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion [Part 8] - A VInewood Drama

Spider-Vice

Just now, FannoF said:

Nice find, but… it doesn’t really mean that much. We know VI is in development at this point anyway. 

Speak for yourself, what we say in September was a heavily modded GTAV, the Internets said so 

No company wants slip ups like this but they end up happening anyway. As for the legitimacy, I just checked the profile myself and yeah, it's there. It'll get taken down in an hour or two I reckon :kekw:

Edited by DisCrafted

It doesn't add much though, unless you want to say it's called GTAVI, but the "RDR Online" part (ugh) makes me doubt that as well.

This dev is credited in GTAV's thank you page and has also done work on RDR2.

But.. like... this would've been more interesting back in 2016... we know they are working on this lol.

Wrong quote sorry

11 minutes ago, FannoF said:

Nice find, but… it doesn’t really mean that much. We know VI is in development at this point anyway. 

Maybe he doesn't work at rockstar anymore and to find a job he put gta 6 in his projects

4 minutes ago, Mkr said:

Maybe he doesn't work at rockstar anymore and to find a job he put gta 6 in his projects

Ah yeah, putting unannounced and "NDA-ed" games in your bio will surely make your profile more enticing for employers, even more if you have never worked on said game.   /s 

Lol

Of course not, he wouldn't do that, devs don't do that, you can't just claim that you worked on a game, the company you are working for after can verify.

((I mean... literally anyone can, if you aren't listed in the credits, it's very unlikely that you worked there, unless you are in QA testers which are mistreated in that regard, but Rockstar went and credited Leslie despite all their issues, so it looks like they are doing the credit thing differently).

Edited by MaddenedGhost

I just hope for one thing and that is cars not disappearing in Story Mode, that sh*t is annoying

• Like 3

Retro_Causality
1 hour ago, Vice Cit said:

I have had a fear since the leak happened that the game will focus on robberies again, instead of drugs like we initially thought. Most likely this time it'll be smaller scale robberies though.

yep, talking about it in another thread but yeah....im worried that were not going to have proper crime building because of a focus on robberies again

i do think with the RDR 2 system enhanced it will make these small robberies much more interesting then the hollywod heists of V,more interactive etc. but its like

Rockstar, there are other types of crimes besides being a thief

BakeWithMe1000
13 hours ago, Mkr said:

Hi guys :)

-employee linkedin please don't post those willy nilly thanks-

Its not the first time we've seen this on LinkedIn, or he doesn't understand his NDA properly or Rockstar hasn't noticed yet. Nonetheless, this isn't a big thing either, if you work at Rockstar, you probably worked on the next GTA

Edited by Spider-Vice

so if by any chance Rockstar doesnt announce GTA this year and they do it maybe next year and then release it 2 years after that we might be waiting for this game for atleast another 3 years. isnt that great?

4 hours ago, Personano said:

Red Dead 2 map design was honestly peak and I'm hoping VI doesn't fall into the same pitfalls V did when it came to the emptiness of its world

RDR2's open world design was I think a natural progression from V, just like V's was a natural progression from RDR1 in many ways.

V/RDR1 were heavily reliant on random events and scripted sequences, which continued in RDR2 albeit on a much more varied scale as well with more depth, but RDR2 also encouraged exploration beyond that with secrets and places of interest to discover with there often being meaningful rewards there, such as unique weapons or clothing. This typically wasn't just randomly placed stuff either, there was a lot of little environmental story telling in those places.

1 hour ago, Drimes said:

I just hope for one thing and that is cars not disappearing in Story Mode, that sh*t is annoying

Same for Online 2.0. I love having traffic build up for miles, then throwing a single grenade and watching the ultimate fireworks show.

It really sucks that any cars just out of your vision disappear. I know it's due to memory, but I hope vehicles, including blown up ones, dead bodies, destruction in general, etc, only go away when everyone is a good mile or so out of the area, and for at least a few minutes.

1 hour ago, Drimes said:

Sameeee

On 3/16/2023 at 4:27 PM, Tez2 said:

This is why GTA6 will never be released guys /s

Reveal hidden contents

RaK8YMQ.png

Do you think gta 6 will release consoles first? Or Consoles and PC at the same time?

TheOriginalGunslinger
2 hours ago, Jason said:

RDR2 also encouraged exploration beyond that with secrets and places of interest to discover with there often being meaningful rewards there, such as unique weapons or clothing.

I remember the first time finding that pirate hat and sword out near the swamps very close to Saint Denis on one of those very tiny islands and thought to myself this was pretty freaking cool

• Like 2

Agent Edward
2 hours ago, Jason said:

RDR2's open world design was I think a natural progression from V, just like V's was a natural progression from RDR1 in many ways.

V/RDR1 were heavily reliant on random events and scripted sequences, which continued in RDR2 albeit on a much more varied scale as well with more depth, but RDR2 also encouraged exploration beyond that with secrets and places of interest to discover with there often being meaningful rewards there, such as unique weapons or clothing. This typically wasn't just randomly placed stuff either, there was a lot of little environmental story telling in those places.

RDR2 was the peak of Rockstar Games' history and knowing that it was the base for GTA 6's development, which is being built on top of it (so to speak in a lack of better words), is one of the best news about it.

26 minutes ago, Edward RDRIII said:

RDR2 was the peak of Rockstar Games' history and knowing that it was the base for GTA 6's development, which is being built on top of it (so to speak in a lack of better words), is one of the best news about it.

I really do think VI is going to blow RDR2 out of the water when it comes to graphics and the map. By the time VI comes out there will have been a bigger gap between RDR2 and VI than there was between V and RDR2. 

• Like 2

Agent Edward
56 minutes ago, Vice Cit said:

I really do think VI is going to blow RDR2 out of the water when it comes to graphics and the map. By the time VI comes out there will have been a bigger gap between RDR2 and VI than there was between V and RDR2. 

Next year it will already be 6 years since RDR2's release, compared to the 5 years between GTA 5 and RDR2.

Kotei Baran

Y'all think the Game should add Gore? GTA 3 and Vice city were pretty gory so imo, there should be at least a certain level of gore in the game.

Totallycasual
2 minutes ago, Kotei Baran said:

Y'all think the Game should add Gore?

I'll be happy with gore that is on par with Red Dead 2, if they go for something like The Last of Us Part II, i'll be happy with that too.  I don't think it would be a bad thing if the game had some settings for us to toggle, more arcade like with bullet sponge type enemies or more realistic damage done/taken with some gore?

Kotei Baran
43 minutes ago, Totallycasual said:

I'll be happy with gore that is on par with Red Dead 2, if they go for something like The Last of Us Part II, i'll be happy with that too.  I don't think it would be a bad thing if the game had some settings for us to toggle, more arcade like with bullet sponge type enemies or more realistic damage done/taken with some gore?

Yeah RDR2 level should suffice I guess.

Scott Ransom
57 minutes ago, Kotei Baran said:

Y'all think the Game should add Gore? GTA 3 and Vice city were pretty gory so imo, there should be at least a certain level of gore in the game.

Yeah they're should be - GTA V's 'gore' was laughable. RDR2 might have been Rockstars goriest to date so I'm assuming VI will be similar. 

Interesting Rockstar follow: Mica Burton, LeVar Burton’s daughter, appearing in Star Trek: Picard as Geordi’s other daughter, not to be confused with Ashlei Sharpe Chestnut who has a bigger part but does not have a follow from Rockstar.

uwCpaqD.jpg

• excuseme 1
  • Conspiracy! 2

10 hours ago, Jason said:

Plus, in relevance to @Personano's comment about emptiness. On the face of it, RDRII also seems empty, but it's not really.

Rockstar are just not interested in doing what all other open world games do and putting 1000 points of interest on the map and ramming content down your throat every 20 seconds when running around. This is the anti-immersion and they know it.

Spider-Vice
2 hours ago, Magic_Al said:

Interesting Rockstar follow: Mica Burton, LeVar Burton’s daughter, appearing in Star Trek: Picard as Geordi’s other daughter, not to be confused with Ashlei Sharpe Chestnut who has a bigger part but does not have a follow from Rockstar.

She has been in livestreams before IIRC? Also, when Rockstar streamed with Achievement Hunter back in the day she was still a part of them.

• Like 2

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

10 hours ago, Xtra510 said:

Do you think gta 6 will release consoles first? Or Consoles and PC at the same time?

Every other developer releases both at the same time. Rockstar is the only exception. Pretty annoying having to wait an extra year. Also I bet when they do release 6 on PC, it's only on their launcher, and Steam has to wait even longer. I'm not playing until it's on Steam, even if that means like 2028. I have enough games to play.

1 hour ago, DarkDayz said:

Rockstar are just not interested in doing what all other open world games do and putting 1000 points of interest on the map and ramming content down your throat every 20 seconds when running around. This is the anti-immersion and they know it.

I hate this, and I'm for the most part, a completionist. RDR2 does have the entire database of wildlife to see, as well as other things that will take forever to see, so you're not exactly correct on that one. Also it's in all different menus too so it makes it even worse to check what things you've completed 100%.

Nintendo has been doing this too. 900 korok seeds in Zelda BOTW and 900 moons in Mario Odyssey. Is this stuff really needed? I like collectibles but there's this thing called sanity... People have games to play. I have a queue of like 50 games at this point (thanks GTAO!) and I don't want to be spending a month playing each one.

While on the subject, achievements need to go. Forever. Games need to drop them. Steam needs to drop them. Again as somewhat a completionist I just don't want to be bothered doing outlandish tasks, playing through a game multiple times, getting different endings, dying 1000 different ways, doing Doomsday criminal mastermind to feel true pain, or whatever else these companies throw at us. Just make a game, have some side quests and exploration, and let us get to the next game.

Spider-Vice
11 hours ago, Xtra510 said:

I have some hope that we'll get both at the same time now that R*/RAGE seems to have matured a lot more in regards to PC development. Plus there's the GTA Online factor, they would absolutely profit a lot more from having all platforms releasing at the same time and letting everyone jump onto GTAO at once.

The fact that most of the GTA VI footage was on PC builds and not recordings from devkits is also an interesting indicator.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away