GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion [Part 8] - A VInewood Drama

Spider-Vice

1 hour ago, ilRae said:

The whole 1M copies nonsense was born out of a verified account being totally wrong about the investment call, and deleting all the tweets after the mis-info spread... like they always do.

Take-Two only clarified that confusion up in an interview with a single gaming site. Saying they only update the sales total upon hitting 5 million increments. I am pretty sure this wasn't clarified before. Since publishers don't like to to report how bad they are doing.

And I'm pretty sure other gaming sites made the same mistake. So I don't really see how this was "born" out of a single account.

Edited by Tez2
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, aleccarton said:

Where the hell did they get that from lmao

Don't give these people any attention, please lol.

• Like 2
  • KekCringe 1

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

7 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

Best advice.
We should sacrafice Mrboss right ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tez2 said:

Take-Two only clarified that confusion up in an interview with a single gaming site. Saying they only update the sales total upon hitting 5 million increments. I am pretty sure this wasn't clarified before.

And I'm pretty sure other gaming sites made the same mistake. So I don't really see how this was "born" out of a single account.

Take Two has reported GTAV Sales in 5M increments for quite some time. Their VP even said that sales exceeded expectations in the quarter. The gaming accounts that cover the investment call have gotten this wrong previously, mainly becuase they post on opinion and feelings, not facts.  These accounts totally misrepresented why Take-Two had a miss. Revaluation of intangible assets that came over in the Zynga purchase, and the global slowdown... that every gaming and tech company is facing. It had zero to do with GTA numbers, but that doesn't get likes, RTs and follows.

• Like 1

ilRae you strike me as a strong independent woman who don't need no man to pay the bills.

Also Spider-Vice is going to have a stroke if you keep linking that sh*t lmao.

Edited by IzzyBlues

giphy-downsized-large.gif

GTA Plus Enjoyer
3 minutes ago, FAH-Q said:

What’s the starting bid for slogan space?

Me 😏

• Bonk! 2

Has anyone ever said how nice @Spider-Vice is?

They're voluntarily here. 

always behind they're desk. and really good for a mod. Even though he already once removed me. I'm back and I'm behaving better and also mentioned I do have autism and he's okay with that. Thats how nice spider is.

a round of applause for him!spacer.png

23 minutes ago, ilRae said:

Take Two has reported GTAV Sales in 5M increments for quite some time.

Because the game kept breaking 5 million copies every quarter. When was the last time GTAV sales declined below that it became clear they only report in 5M increments?

23 minutes ago, ilRae said:

Their VP even said that sales exceeded expectations in the quarter.

The GTA Trilogy DE exceeded expectations for Take-Two as well as Red Dead Online. Heck, I still remember them saying that when it wasn't obvious yet that RDO is no longer receiving major title updates.

Edited by Tez2

aaronBLUEeyes
52 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

“Where the hell did they get that from lmao”

@aleccarton These guys have crept into my Twitter feed too. And are always posting speculative bullsh*t like it’s fact… maybe MrBossFTW runs it lol 😂 

My reaction to this same tweet was along the lines of how are they possibly gleaning this information from what Zelnick said!?

Edited by aaronBLUEeyes

29 minutes ago, FAH-Q said:

What’s the starting bid for slogan space?

2 shillings :kekw: Put forward your suggestions.

image.png

12 minutes ago, Tez2 said:

Because the game kept breaking 5 million copies every quarter. When was the last time GTAV sales declined below that it became clear they only report in 5M increments?

I'd post the wrong tweets from previous investor calls, but they always get deleted for some reason...

10 minutes ago, Tez2 said:

When was the last time GTAV sales declined below that it became clear they only report in 5M increments?

This actually happened a few times before. Q1 to Q2 in FY2021 was the last time before this quarter. Tweaktown listed every other time V's sales dipped below 5m in a given quarter.

89391_223_grand-theft-auto-sales-stall-f

Nothing unusual for R* or V.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Tez2 said:

That is not what that means at all, look at the wording in each of the slides. The game did not sell 5M every quarter specifically, Take-Two has literally always used "over"/"nearly" in increments of 5M. That's it. That's the only, uncomplicated explanation.

I posted those GTANet tweets and I went through all of the slides of the last year or so on purpose. It has always been a thing. There was a massive amount of fearmongering because the big number didn't change and people didn't bother to read the "nearly"/"over" bits. This has even happened before but I guess people were too focused on the possibility of a GTA VI announcement and for some reason started panicking over the number not being rounded back up to 175M.

If GTA V sold e.g. 3M units this quarter, they'll say "over 170M". It doesn't mean they only sold a million. That's literally not what it says at all.

• Like 2

image.png

8 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

If GTA V sold e.g. 3M units this quarter, they'll say "over 170M". It doesn't mean they only sold a million. That's literally not what it says at all.

If you just look at franchise sales increment, then it becomes crystal clear. It went up from 380m to 385m. V could've sold anywhere between 3-4-4.5m units from that, and older games/Trilogy DE accounted for the remaining units.

My guess is, it went from ~169m (for nearly 170m) to ~173m (for over 170m) in the last 3 months. Next quarter, they'll most likely say that the game moved over 175m units, whereas the real number would be ~177-78m.

Edited by Zapper
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Paper Mario said:

still, in real life, you don't stay stiff if someone walks into you, lol

I didn't say that but you're right, thankfully pedestrians still move when you bump in to them, the only time they don't is when they're in a stationary animation but I think that's more than oversight than a hardware limitation.

https://i.imgur.com/30TzkPI.mp4

Here's hoping GTA 6 is a mix of GTA 4 and RDR2 either way.

Reddy_Dufresne
22 minutes ago, Bluesky058 said:

Strauss recommend's playing GTA Online. 

spacer.png

This random man just gave an interview on spanish TV one day and years later he's not only a meme (post mortem unfortunately) but also an important part of reactions here on the forums. Raise your glasses for Kekw guy aka Risitas

Edited by Reddy_Dufresne

In GTA Online you sometimes get bounties for stealing npcs vehicles, perhaps they could have some small consequences like that, more realistic ones. Just not this bounty thing?

2dQaqi9.png purple-diamond-gem.gif

23 minutes ago, Zapper said:

This actually happened a few times before. Q1 to Q2 in FY2021 was the last time before this quarter. Tweaktown listed every other time V's sales dipped below 5m in a given quarter.

89391_223_grand-theft-auto-sales-stall-f

Nothing unusual for R* or V.

Thanks for the explanation. I stand corrected.

You can't delete a tweet without having second-thoughts about likes, RTs.

2 minutes ago, Vampzy said:

Google TTWO STOCK

It's terrible

Down from yesterday's close, but up $7-ish from after hours. A lot of the sell-offs rebought at the bottom. It's not the doom and gloom you think it is.

• Like 1

Doesn't look like anything is happening today. Quite disappointing if I say so myself but alas...

See you tomorrow, I got a better feeling in this case. It's the 9th, it's somewhat more significant than the 8th :modkek:

15 minutes ago, Vampzy said:

Google TTWO STOCK

It's terrible

The number 1 rule with stock as a regular gamer is to never look at it from a one week perspective, or anything close. Look at it over years to see how it rises and falls as that will paint you a better picture of where it's at, game companies in particular rely on big releases etc which only typically happen a few times a year.

Take-Two have no big games this fall, so there's nothing to push the stock value up there. Second, the tech industry as a whole is returning to pre-covid levels as tech (especially gaming) boomed massively during covid, it was expected all tech would dip after the lockdowns and such stopped.

• Like 2

arisfelbonilla
2 hours ago, Tez2 said:

Take-Two only clarified that confusion up in an interview with a single gaming site. Saying they only update the sales total upon hitting 5 million increments. I am pretty sure this wasn't clarified before. Since publishers don't like to to report how bad they are doing.

then it would be around at most 174 million or 75 already in February 2023 they will update it duly

9 minutes ago, Scott Ransom said:

Has Strauss Zelnick played GTA 6 ?

He doesn't play any videogames so he doesn't seem too overly invested in the quality in the products they publish.  Though supposedly he personally made the controversial call to delay GTAIV after Rockstar convinced him with a dreary demo of the game.