GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion [Part 8] - A VInewood Drama

Spider-Vice

Rockstar on the 20th Year Anniversary of GTA V: "After the unprecedented longevity of Online play, we are hereby happy to announce that the next iteration of GTA is nearing the end of production. Stay tuned to the Rockstar newswire for new info on the game in a few weeks or so" 

3 minutes ago, Punkd said:

At close: November 7 04:00PM EST

108.40 $

Pre-Market: 07:10AM EST

88.70 $       -19.70 (-18.17%)

Hide contents

:prismkek::prismkek::prismkek::prismkek::prismkek::prismkek::prismkek::prismkek::prismkek::prismkek::prismkek::prismkek::prismkek::prismkek::prismkek::prismkek::prismkek::prismkek::prismkek::prismkek::prismkek::prismkek::prismkek::prismkek::prismkek::prismkek::prismkek::prismkek::prismkek:

Investors and traders were not really happy :kekw:

They haven't had their stocks this low (88$) in more than 5 years :prismkek:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/07/take-two-interactive-ttwo-q2-2023-earnings.html

:prismkek: :prismkek: :prismkek:

Edited by lngtrw
  • KEKW 2

14 minutes ago, Zapper said:

There's only one way to look at it. R* still hasn't officially revealed the game. Most likely, there'll be at least a year between the reveal and release, if not more. There are credible people going on record saying R* employees think it is a mid-late 2024 game at this point in time. Visuals are one of the last things AAA devs do to keep up with time, so that'll get improved considerably. RDR2 looked noticably better than it's trailers in many scenarios.

In my opinion, the game is further along than most of us think, but not nearly far enough for R* to show it off or release it quickly.

I'ts indeed entirely possible that GTA 6 development started using RDR2's version of the RAGE engine and that's why it currently looked so good already in the leaks, and that any innovating graphics features that the devs of the RAGE engine are working on won't be implemented until way later down the line

8 minutes ago, Punkd said:

At close: November 7 04:00PM EST

108.40 $

Pre-Market: 07:10AM EST

88.70 $       -19.70 (-18.17%)

Reveal hidden contents

Yep, according to the call this was because T2 lowered their forecasts for next quarter due to some games being delayed and some organic market changes. Before anyone says it, no, business investors aren't pissed that R* isn't announcing GTA VI, they care about Take-Two as a whole doing money stuff, not specifically GTA VI :kekw: 

Take-Two now having Zynga, there is actually a good chance that Zynga might be their most profitable label in future. Mobile spending is huge.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

4 minutes ago, PredatorFTW said:

I'ts indeed entirely possible that GTA 6 development started using RDR2's version of the RAGE engine

They're indeed working with RDR2's engine as a base for VI, just like they used GTAV's PS4/XOne engine for RDR2.

23 minutes ago, Zapper said:

There's only one way to look at it. R* still hasn't officially revealed the game. Most likely, there'll be at least a year between the reveal and release, if not more. There are credible people going on record saying R* employees think it is a mid-late 2024 game at this point in time. Visuals are one of the last things AAA devs do to keep up with time, so that'll get improved considerably. RDR2 looked noticably better than it's trailers in many scenarios.

In my opinion, the game is further along than most of us think, but not nearly far enough for R* to show it off or release it quickly.

Yeah, that's assuming they'll change that by shortening the announcement to release time period. IV, V, RDR2 were announced about two and more years before the actual release (with the exception of RDR) however they always delayed them too. Without those it would be maybe 1-1.5 years. If this time they'll plan not to have delays (a quite impossible task) then it makes sense for a later announcement too.

Since I'm bored here's a summary of their latest games' announcements and releases on consoles:

IV announcement at E3(!) in June 2006

planned release in October 2007

actual release in April 2008

RDR announcement in February 2009

planned/projected release late 2009 and April 2010

actual release May 2010

MP3 announcement in March 2009

planned/scheduled release for late 2009, pushed back to 2010, again to 2011, then again to March 2012 and finally another short delay

actual release May 2012

V announcement in October 2011

planned release Q2 2013

actual release September 2013

RDR2 announcement in October 2016

planned release second half 2017, then the first delay to first half 2018 and another delay after that

actual release October 2018

sources: Wikipedia articles to those games under the development/release sections

Edited by neoslice

Just now, neoslice said:

Yeah, that's assuming they'll change that by shortening the announcement to release time period.

Most likely, there'll be at least a year between the reveal and release, if not more.

I never assumed they'll shorten the gap.

Come back to this a week after no oct trailer and we're talking about rebooting the entire devolopment of the game. Sick.

• KEKW 1
  • KekCringe 1

27 minutes ago, Zapper said:

I’m sure rockstar like any dev. Just want  a short gap between announcement and release. So, here’s my thoughts,

if the game indeed is going to release fiscal year 2024, then we can see Q1 2023 announcement with a release in Q1 2024. or fall 2023 announcement with a release of fall 2024.

to me the second looks most likely since the game needs so much work.

8 minutes ago, Plebyxail said:

Come back to this a week after no oct trailer and we're talking about rebooting the entire devolopment of the game. Sick.

This has been discussed before. The game is been at work for 8 years and they just reboot it for just clip leaks?

The only way that rockstar might reboot the game if the source code was truly leaked but no.

Edited by Nawaf

29 minutes ago, Zapper said:

Fair, my reading comprehension is lacking at this moment it seems. Still I do wonder what their strategy is this time. They supposedly changed a lot internally about development and all

42 minutes ago, neoslice said:

MP3 announcement in March 2009

planned/scheduled release for late 2009, pushed back to 2010, again to 2011, then again to March 2012 and finally another short delay

actual release May 2012

I'd imagine dev time on both RDR and GTAV affected this but it really did take a while for them to push out Max Payne 3 huh, interesting. 

4 minutes ago, Tezdefanta said:

Ah .... he we go again 

We might as well keep it going , we’re in too deep at this point :kekw:

They really need to bring this back from GTA IV.

I absolutely hated how peds had an invisible wall surrounding them in V. It’s like they nerfed that and the driving on purpose.

Just now, MaddenedGhost said:

I'd imagine dev time on both RDR and GTAV affected this but it really did take a while for them to push out Max Payne 3 huh, interesting. 

Max Payne 3 was completely reworked and rewritten more than once in development. It was supposed to be set in Russia at one point. That game's development was truly chaotic, probably even more than any other Rockstar game.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, lngtrw said:

"TTWO stock plummets"

Rockstar the next day: 

That's actually a really good looking logo, the music sucks though lol.

13 minutes ago, Edward RDRIII said:

That's actually a really good looking logo, the music sucks though lol.

Imo it's a bit too cluttered

2 minutes ago, doomfuldark99 said:

So when is the game getting teased?

R* adds a week delay every time someone asks that question.

• KEKW 2

1 minute ago, ilRae said:

R* adds a week delay every time someone asks that question.

Then the game is never coming out. Pack it up, folks.

Just now, Vampzy said:

Is it true rockstar Take 2 people told in the meeting that GTA Next won't be announced anytime soon?

No.

1 hour ago, lngtrw said:

They haven't had their stocks this low (88$) in more than 5 years :prismkek:

They were in the same $85-$90 range in 2019. All tech and gaming companies are highly skewed because of the earnings flood through COVID. Almost all have returned to their pre-lockdown price (except Apple). 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ilRae said:

They were in the same $85-$90 range in 2019. All tech and gaming companies are highly skewed because of the earnings flood through COVID. Almost all have returned to their pre-lockdown price (except Apple). 

Wonder if they manage to outperform the current peak, that happened back in December, 2020

arisfelbonilla
1 hour ago, Spider-Vice said:

Yep, according to the call this was because T2 lowered their forecasts for next quarter due to some games being delayed and some organic market changes. Before anyone says it, no, business investors aren't pissed that R* isn't announcing GTA VI, they care about Take-Two as a whole doing money stuff, not specifically GTA VI :kekw: 

Take-Two now having Zynga, there is actually a good chance that Zynga might be their most profitable label in future. Mobile spending is huge.

there are people with a ridiculous thought about the actions of T2
saying "HAHA now they will announce gta 6 if it doesn't go bankrupt

bruh but if it's normal day to day I even prefer that he launch gta 6 in 2027 because these people don't even deserve it :cringekek:

• KekCringe 2

7 minutes ago, Zapper said:

--Is it true rockstar Take 2 people told in the meeting that GTA Next won't be announced anytime soon?

No.

spacer.png

Please explain this then

I want a timestamp where this is told.

• Bruh 1
  • KEKW 2

1 hour ago, SoldierBoy said:

They really need to bring this back from GTA IV.

I absolutely hated how peds had an invisible wall surrounding them in V. It’s like they nerfed that and the driving on purpose.

this also annoyed me.. I missed those physics. Why even have those invisible walls or whatever?

Does anyone know if in RDR2, peds tumble if you just walk into them? Walk, not jog or run. I haven't played RDR2 much, so I can't remember. If RDR2 is the same as V, then I have little hope they will make it the way it was in IV for VI..

Just now, Vampzy said:

spacer.png

Please explain this then

I want a timestamp where this is told.

They didn't address anything GTA related at all except the leak stuff. As always, R* will announce new games on their own accord.

• Like 2