Tightened Vice

_Rob_

9 hours ago, 81-720 said:

Will there be more updates? Sunshine Autos, Cherry Popper, RC missions, etc?

Of course, though Cherry Poppers was done a while ago!

Howdy @_Rob_ I hope you'll take your needed rest for Christmas.
I've one question and one suggestion:

● Does GTA:T.V. has added weapons, thus you found a way to add (not replace) them without using fastman92 limit adjuster?
● Could you remove the wanted level "limit" at the beginning? You know, when starting in the First Island you can have up to 4 stars only, could you change the limit to 6 stars?

(Now that i think about, iirc that's a feature I've only seen in VC) 

19 minutes ago, ɪʟ_Duca said:

Howdy @_Rob_ I hope you'll take your needed rest for Christmas.
I've one question and one suggestion:

● Does GTA:T.V. has added weapons, thus you found a way to add (not replace) them without using fastman92 limit adjuster?
● Could you remove the wanted level "limit" at the beginning? You know, when starting in the First Island you can have up to 4 stars only, could you change the limit to 6 stars?

(Now that i think about, iirc that's a feature I've only seen in VC) 

• No added weapons at the moment, but largely because I've not come up with an interesting reason to. I also can't use the limit adjuster anyway due to the hacked exe.
  • That limit was already removed from V1.1 iirc.

6 hours ago, _Rob_ said:

• На данный момент нет добавленного оружия, но в основном потому, что я не придумал для этого интересной причины. Я также не могу использовать настройщик ограничений из-за взломанного exe.
  • Это ограничение уже было удалено из версии 1.1 iirc.

It seems to me that the replacement of weapons is not necessary. Still, now the mod is perceived as vanilla Vice City, but with a twisted level of hardcore to infinity. The philosophy is this - all the helping parts of the game are removed, if you understand Vice City, then you will pass. And the replacement of weapons, this is another game, like VHS mod or Big Mission Pack.

-Mr.Vercetti-

Thank you very much for such hard work!
But I can't pass 100% because of the non-starting "Ocean Beach Chopper" challenge

you get into a helicopter and the script at the beginning of the mission does not work

Edited by -Mr.Vercetti-

11 hours ago, -Mr.Vercetti- said:

Thank you very much for such hard work!
But I can't pass 100% because of the non-starting "Ocean Beach Chopper" challenge

you get into a helicopter and the script at the beginning of the mission does not work

That challenge was replaced with Skimmer Skills, it's activated from the plane behind Lance's house!

If you're using a save from before it changed though, you'll have to park a Skimmer there manually for it to trigger, unfortunately.

Edited by _Rob_
  • Like 2

Hi, I'm trying to get the mod to run, but on launch it gives me this error

spacer.png

(for posterity if anyone gets the same message, it reads: Unhandled Exception: c0000094 At Address: 005fcc1d)

I installed the mod on a fresh install from steam, downgraded to V1, no other mods. Running on Win7, already added the game to DEP and launching from the provided .exe on the mod... I'm not a speedruner but I want to suffer with this mod, pls help :C

Spoiler

_Rob_, Thanks for all what you do for GTA VC.

That mod are very cool, vanilla and challenged.

But could you add Summary of ChangeLogs in topic?

Or just write which missions already changed and which are in progress/plans?

I finished the game to 95% on 1.5 version (not all hidden packets),

then I saw Version 1.95, and start to rerun the game.

Now I see v2.1, and I want to know which missions I should not run before new release.

As I see not changed yet only Rampages, Fly Courses, Firetruck, PolePosition, Sunshine autos Lists and Races, TopFun races, Challenges on Stallion, Landstalker and Sanchez, is it correct?

Also, do you think about any changes for stores knocked off? And Founds of Hidden Packets?

On 12/26/2022 at 9:20 AM, Agach said:
  Hide contents

_Rob_, Thanks for all what you do for GTA VC.

That mod are very cool, vanilla and challenged.

But could you add Summary of ChangeLogs in topic?

Or just write which missions already changed and which are in progress/plans?

I finished the game to 95% on 1.5 version (not all hidden packets),

then I saw Version 1.95, and start to rerun the game.

Now I see v2.1, and I want to know which missions I should not run before new release.

As I see not changed yet only Rampages, Fly Courses, Firetruck, PolePosition, Sunshine autos Lists and Races, TopFun races, Challenges on Stallion, Landstalker and Sanchez, is it correct?

Also, do you think about any changes for stores knocked off? And Founds of Hidden Packets?

Each new updated has a changelog, so you could search the topic for specific things that way perhaps, but I've also added a breakdown list in the first post.

From the things you listed one of the flying courses is done (Ocean Beach has been relocated to a Skimmer behind Lance's house). Pole Position is slightly different, Cone Crazy is slightly different. Sadly SSA lists are hardcoded, so unlikely to be something I can do for a while until it's worth the time investment to figure out.

Stores I'm not sure yet, same with package rewards (seem kinda pointless to change unless I have a significantly interesting idea, better to spend that time elsewhere for now).

Edited by _Rob_

On 12/25/2022 at 5:41 PM, froztendroid said:

Hi, I'm trying to get the mod to run, but on launch it gives me this error

spacer.png

(for posterity if anyone gets the same message, it reads: Unhandled Exception: c0000094 At Address: 005fcc1d)

I installed the mod on a fresh install from steam, downgraded to V1, no other mods. Running on Win7, already added the game to DEP and launching from the provided .exe on the mod... I'm not a speedruner but I want to suffer with this mod, pls help :C

Had the same problem, got it fixed by doing the DEP fix people suggested on page 3

Edited by MrBigodez
fixed my issue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBigodez said:

Had the same problem, got it fixed by doing the DEP fix people suggested on page 3

Tried after your suggestion, did not work. Still get the same error message and the game crashes

-Mr.Vercetti-
9 hours ago, Agach said:

Do you know about save icon problem in El Swanko Casa on 2.1 version?

spacer.png

The most rofl is to pass 100% i had to buy this house. I canceled the magnetization by putting the motorcycle near on and sat on it right after the purchase. It must be done very quickly.

In general, question for EVERYONE.
Something "special" is happening after 100%? I did not notice :(

9 hours ago, Agach said:

Do you know about save icon problem in El Swanko Casa on 2.1 version?

spacer.png

Aye, it'll be fixed in the next patch.

42 minutes ago, -Mr.Vercetti- said:

The most rofl is to pass 100% i had to buy this house. I canceled the magnetization by putting the motorcycle near on and sat on it right after the purchase. It must be done very quickly.

In general, question for EVERYONE.
Something "special" is happening after 100%? I did not notice :(

There's a new outfit that replaces the old "Frankie" one in the mansion.

Edited by _Rob_

-Mr.Vercetti-
9 hours ago, _Rob_ said:

Aye, it'll be fixed in the next patch.

There's a new outfit that replaces the old "Frankie" one in the mansion.

Stupid question out. My outfits disappeared in the mansion. Once picked up, they disappear and are not triggered. I got very upset.

"Street" is back, but "Frankie" is gone.

Edited by -Mr.Vercetti-

4 minutes ago, -Mr.Vercetti- said:

Stupid question out. My outfits disappeared in the mansion. Once picked up, they disappear and are not triggered. I got very upset.

"Street" is back, but "Frankie" is gone.

I'm afraid I've not 100% completed it myself lol, so I don't know what to suggest there (nor why it wouldn't work/respawn in the first place).

-Mr.Vercetti-
1 minute ago, _Rob_ said:

I'm afraid I've not 100% completed it myself lol, so I don't know what to suggest there (nor why it wouldn't work/respawn in the first place).

In any case, thank you for your work. You are the best)
I share the save for you 100% for testing. Good luck!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16qq6h-F9Gq_4Z3qZW7P0I8tzLeqHOGyf/view

22 hours ago, froztendroid said:

Tried after your suggestion, did not work. Still get the same error message and the game crashes

Try running it has admin and changing compatibility mode to windows xp sp3...

Anyone else finding "Tommy" written on the bottom of their shoes?

V2.2 is her!

A ton of fixes and QoL things as well as a tweaked side mission and a new vehicle!

Changelog:

Spoiler

//Fixed saving softlock issue with 'El Swanko Casa'.

//Added a new savehouse '101 Bayshore Avenue' at the docks, meaning there's now a non-asset save on the southern end of VC West.

//Added fixed PCJ spawn outside the new savehouse (there were no bike spawns on that end of the island before).

//Changed 'RC Bandit Race' to 'You Are A TOY!!', which adds some new twists to the familiar challenge...

//Added new vehicle the 'RC Injection' (delivered to Ocean View upon completing 'You Are A TOY!!' on a fresh save).

//Fixed some more text string issues/instability.

//Fixed police callout when driving the 'Ya Ya Taxi'.

//Fixed wardrobe issue that could prevent the 'Frankie' outfit from working.

Download V2.2 Full Mod (requires clean original VC install)https://www.dropbox.com/s/l7hej6km8py9igo/GTA Tightened Vice - V2.2 Full.rar?dl=0

Download V2.2 Patch Only (requires V2.1 to work)https://www.dropbox.com/s/dkghsczbbymm5h4/GTA Tightened Vice - V2.2 Patch Only.rar?dl=0

Also updated "Streamer Friendly Radio" on the original post as YouTube started flagging up a few tracks, fingers crossed this new version will be safe for a while longer!

And here's a look at 'You Are A TOY!!': 

24.12.2022 в 16:30, _Роб_ сказал:
  •  

Oh. Passed Give me liberty. When I was driving to the bridge at Ocean Beach Hospital, burning trucks blocked the road. I wanted to jump on a flooded ship, but when I drove away... The trucks disappeared, but the fire remained. A bug?Is it really possible to complete the Shooter mission?

16 hours ago, 81-720 said:

Oh. Passed Give me liberty. When I was driving to the bridge at Ocean Beach Hospital, burning trucks blocked the road. I wanted to jump on a flooded ship, but when I drove away... The trucks disappeared, but the fire remained. A bug?Is it really possible to complete the Shooter mission?

Sort of a bug, I guess, but more a limitation of VC's engine really.
And yes lol, The Shootist is very possible (it used to be even more difficult, but even then it was still technically possible). Requires some pretty precision/fast mouse aiming though!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, _Rob_ said:

Я думаю, это своего рода ошибка, но на самом деле это скорее ограничение движка VC.
И да, лол, The Shootist вполне возможен (раньше это было еще сложнее, но даже тогда это все еще было технически возможно). Однако требуется довольно точное/быстрое прицеливание мышью!

Wat about fps? 30 or 60 better?

1 hour ago, 81-720 said:

Wat about fps? 30 or 60 better?

Frame limiter on is pretty much the best idea for anything in VC.

Anyone else having this issue where your save icons won't appear for certain safehouses?

spacer.png

spacer.png

I've also experienced a bug in naval engagement where the brief case won't appear.

spacer.png

Edited by Andrew88911

Tomminsky Sickletty

Anybody knows if the mod dev made any changes to make "Phnom Penh '86" actually possible?

So far the only way I've seen people beating it is with a replay cheat that I can't even find info on how to replicate it, had to give up on the mod after that...

I get the idea of the mod is VC but "hard", but Phnom Penh '86 right now is just a pixel hunt timed to nanoseconds, it really stands out from the other missions on the worst way possible.

1 hour ago, Tomminsky Sickletty said:

Anybody knows if the mod dev made any changes to make "Phnom Penh '86" actually possible?

So far the only way I've seen people beating it is with a replay cheat that I can't even find info on how to replicate it, had to give up on the mod after that...

I get the idea of the mod is VC but "hard", but Phnom Penh '86 right now is just a pixel hunt timed to nanoseconds, it really stands out from the other missions on the worst way possible.

It's definitely one of the harder missions, but it's also very doable without cheats or glitches. There were some tweaks in an earlier update that removed some unfair rooftop shooters from hitting you before you could retaliate, just gotta make sure to aim well and shoot the guys with the M60s before worrying about the SMG dudes.

31.12.2022 в 16:19, _Роб_ сказал:

Pole position.. what was that? Dancing chef? The ballad of Gay Tommy? Lol
Driver in Malibu has become very easy. Hillary crashes into something and disappears. They also say that there is a problem in Keeping your friends close. Lance gets stuck in the hallway and the mission is the easiest. https://youtu.be/n41Jxw0DEEA

Sir_Featherstone
On 12/31/2022 at 6:59 PM, Andrew88911 said:

I've also experienced a bug in naval engagement where the brief case won't appear.

spacer.png

Has the briefcase not just been relocated to the roof? I had done this mission just yesterday without any problems.