Tightened Vice

_Rob_

Hey hey hey! It's time to make some craaazzzyy money, are ya ready....

V2.1 is here already!

Featuring (among a bunch of bug fixes) a whole new way to do taxi missions... well a whole new way to do 'em in GTA anyway!

Changelog:

Spoiler

//The 'Taxi Driver' submission is now 'GymnasTaxi' and requires you to deliver citizens to tricky destinations with the help of the horn boost!

//Added a new vehicle, the 'Ya Ya Taxi' which spawns in the below-ground mall behind the Ocean View Hotel (as well as outside Kaufman Cabs as a reward for completing the 'GymnasTaxi' submission).

//Added 'Crazy Money' outfit as a reward for completing the 'GymnasTaxi' submission.

//Fixed some more unstable text strings.

//Reduced the wait time for the cutscene camera when returning to Vercetti Estate in 'Cop Land' (no longer feels like a softlock).

//Slight rebalance to timers during 'Paramedic'.

//Added the songs 'You' and 'Big Bang' by Bad Religion to V Rock, as a nice pairing for the new Taxi stuff!

Download V2.1 Full Mod: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rp003swe6huwnc4/GTA Tightened Vice - V2.1 Full.rar?dl=0

Download V2.1 Patch Only  (requires previous version)https://www.dropbox.com/s/a9h7je1gatzwuk4/GTA Tightened Vice - V2.1 Patch Only.rar?dl=0

And here's a look at 'GymnasTaxi': 

11 minutes ago, 81-720 said:

Thanks! Will the patients in the "Paramedic" still jump into the water?

I mean, they shouldn't do in the first place as they follow ped paths to a specific coord... I couldn't replicate it anyway, but I guess we'll see lol (if it does happen again, a video would definitely help).

OK, I'll try again, I'll write a video. There are still bugs. I wrote above that after buying a mansion from the Noth Point Mall, Tommy endlessly teleports to the save icon. In fact, you cannot exit the save screen. There is also another bug: I illegally got into downtown, launched a Firefighter mission, but the goals did not appear, the timer did not start. Also, Rampage at Noth Point did not start instructions on what to do.

Very good evening, could someone please send me the link of the original gta vice city for download, here in Brazil it does not sell anymore, it only sells gta trilogy, in steam in brazil the original gta has evaporated ;-;. I really wanted to play this mod

steam: https://prnt.sc/N9PM0XtEtz8n

rockstar: https://prnt.sc/sYng_iJu5Wf2

Could someone send me the download link? I beg ;-;

25 minutes ago, ɪʟ_Duca said:

Aí, filho, compre uma cópia física em segunda mão do VC para PC, você também precisará de um driver de DVD externo USB, se não tiver um.

Link:

But is it safe to buy on the open market? do they not sell the pirate saying it is the original?

10 hours ago, 81-720 said:

OK, I'll try again, I'll write a video. There are still bugs. I wrote above that after buying a mansion from the Noth Point Mall, Tommy endlessly teleports to the save icon. In fact, you cannot exit the save screen. There is also another bug: I illegally got into downtown, launched a Firefighter mission, but the goals did not appear, the timer did not start. Also, Rampage at Noth Point did not start instructions on what to do.

Yuhuh, I saw the post (it's how I knew there was an "issue" with Paramedic). But I can only work through so many things at a time!
I'm not entirely sure where the "mansion from the North Point Mall" is, are you talking about 'El Swanko Casa' or maybe '3321 Vice Point'?
Also regarding Firefighter, that does sound odd but then I've not actually touched that side mission yet, nor have I touched any rampages so those issues are suspicious for sure (the code is still 1:1 with vanilla).

1 hour ago, _Rob_ said:

Угу, я видел пост (отсюда я и узнал, что у фельдшера "проблема"). Но я могу работать только с таким количеством вещей одновременно!
Я не совсем уверен, где находится «особняк из торгового центра North Point», вы говорите об «El Swanko Casa» или, может быть, «3321 Vice Point»?
Что касается Firefighter, это звучит странно, но на самом деле я еще не касался этой побочной миссии и не касался каких-либо буйств, поэтому эти проблемы наверняка подозрительны (код все еще 1: 1 с ванилью).

El swanko Casa

The Paramedic's mission is still impassable.impassable.
1. If you take a hospital near Noth Point, then the patient runs into a shopping center and cannot return from there. An ambulance can't get there.

2.The patient may run out onto the road and be hit by a car or drown. My mission was cut short due to the fact that "the patient is dead", although it wasn't about my game.

3. The patient may start hammering into the wall, especially on the beach, in a pizzeria near the Avery construction site.

1 hour ago, 81-720 said:

The firefighter's mission does not appear

https://ibb.co/Dw8bTNs

After some testing it seems the mission only works if you've unlocked VC West, teleporting there and starting Firefighter at the beginning of the game shows me a blank map too... so I guess this was always the case with VC? Would be worth testing if this is the case in your end by grabbing a Firetruck on the first island and seeing if it works there.

Also worth reiterating that I've not changed these missions yet, so there's more to come.

Edited by _Rob_
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, _Rob_ said:

After some testing it seems the mission only works if you've unlocked VC West, teleporting there and starting Firefighter at the beginning of the game shows me a blank map too... so I guess this was always the case with VC? Would be worth testing if this is the case in your end by grabbing a Firetruck on the first island and seeing if it works there.

Also worth reiterating that I've not changed these missions yet, so there's more to come.

in the VANILLA version, everything worked, even in the case of illegal entry to another island

OK, I passed the Paramedic!! The hospital is selected from the Noth Point. The main task is to gather people as soon as possible at the shopping center so that people do not run there. Then - to the Pizzeria. That three points where all people run, that's where they stop. They run into the pizzeria itself and there are a crowd waiting for me to pick it up. The pink building opposite Gonzas' house - there, too, they stand in droves. There is more than enough time now, now the main fear. so that the game does not bug. As for the hearses - if you drive fast, there are no big pukes from them. But if you stop... I didn 't understand where Necro One was delivered :(

Awesome mod! 👍👍 Thought about doing a "tightened" version of LCS Slash TV submission? You can use the Chartered Liberty Lines ship docked at Vice Port, which is the exact same ship used in LCS.

Might as well be an excuse to give Tommy a chicken outfit! 😜

• Best Bru 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

16 hours ago, 81-720 said:

OK, I passed the Paramedic!! The hospital is selected from the Noth Point. The main task is to gather people as soon as possible at the shopping center so that people do not run there. Then - to the Pizzeria. That three points where all people run, that's where they stop. They run into the pizzeria itself and there are a crowd waiting for me to pick it up. The pink building opposite Gonzas' house - there, too, they stand in droves. There is more than enough time now, now the main fear. so that the game does not bug. As for the hearses - if you drive fast, there are no big pukes from them. But if you stop... I didn 't understand where Necro One was delivered :(

The 'Necro One' should be delivered to Vercetti Estate, on the right hand side of the stairs as you face the building.

I bought "3321 Vice Point". I was teleported to Victor Vance's house near the industrial zone. At the same time, it is impossible to be saved in the building itself. Of course, I was surprised, but I didn't understand the joke.

10 hours ago, 81-720 said:

I bought "3321 Vice Point". I was teleported to Victor Vance's house near the industrial zone. At the same time, it is impossible to be saved in the building itself. Of course, I was surprised, but I didn't understand the joke.

Not a joke, unfortunately it's because that save house location has been changed in the latest patch, something I hadn't really accounted for with older saves (one of the hazards of trying to keep save compatibility whilst still actively developing things).

7 hours ago, iKitKat said:

Saved at the Swanko Casa, the autosave also got overwritten, lost all of my savestates.

Similarly to the above, the next patch will completely move the wardrobe to 101 Bayshore so we should no longer have the issue.

Sadly not a lot I can do about saves that are a problem, beyond suggesting people think of the autosave as a failsafe rather than the main way of saving. Knowing these small issues exist now, it's definitely worth manually saving into different slot on occasion, especially if the playthrough spans multiple patches.

Edited by _Rob_
  • Best Bru 1

12 hours ago, Cosmin540 said:

https://imgur.com/a/A4LCqqK

Found this after installing 2.1 after being on 1.95, I don't know whether it was shown here before or not. If it was, I'll delete the post.

Yeah, it appears that coordinates of objects changed via mission script get screwed up when jumping between patch versions on the same save. I don't think there's anything I can feasibly do about it, sadly.

Eh. Mission "Phnom Penh '86". It seems unrealistic to me. Even if you learn how to shoot down the first two waves of bandits the first time, then the third one is a mixture of luck and patience. And even if you track everyone in an empty pool, by the cars... They can still shoot you down
 Or shoot him on the ground. Unfortunately, I'll probably have to quit the mod. I'm not such a hardcore player :(

• Like 1