Jump to content

Tightened Vice


_Rob_

Recommended Posts

Just now, _Rob_ said:

 

Interesting, though the problem there is that I'm trying to avoid cleo as it screws with speedrunning and the ability to dupe missions (I'm actually also trying to figure out a way to make the autosave work via ASI instead too). 

CLEO messes up speedrunning? Interesting, how does that happen?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, H-G said:

CLEO messes up speedrunning? Interesting, how does that happen?

 

There's such a thing as "instapassing" which basically means tricking the game into thinking you've beaten one mission by starting another.... at least I think that's what happens. Anyway, doing so with Cleo running results in a bunch of opcode errors popping up because you're effectively breaking the main script.

I don't want to have no autosave as it's a nice safety net in case my coding sucks (as it usually does). So I'd like to transition over to a an ASI plugin that will do the same job but allow me to remove Cleo entirely to get the best of both worlds.

Edited by _Rob_
Link to comment
Share on other sites

_Rob_ listen, I don’t know what’s the goal of your total conversion, but you can’t prevent streamers or any other user to use Cleo along with Tightened Vice. If you’re playing the original Vice City (and not the D.E. version by R*) in 2022 surely you have a little background understanding with Cleo scripts or Modloader or .asi mods. It can’t be 100% cheat-proof for speedrunning, deal with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, _Rob_ said:

 

There's such a thing as "instapassing" which basically means tricking the game into thinking you've beaten one mission by starting another.... at least I think that's what happens. Anyway, doing so with Cleo running results in a bunch of opcode errors popping up because you're effectively breaking the main script.

I don't want to have no autosave as it's a nice safety net in case my coding sucks (as it usually does). So I'd like to transition over to a an ASI plugin that will do the same job but allow me to remove Cleo entirely to get the best of both worlds.

The VC Rainbomizer plugin has an autosave feature built into it's ASI with a setting in it's config file that allows to choose which save slot to use. Maybe you could borrow that mod and turn off all the options except the autosave part (it's quite customizable).

Edited by H-G
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, H-G said:

The VC Rainbomizer plugin has an autosave feature built into it's ASI with a setting in it's config file that allows to choose which save slot to use. Maybe you could borrow that mod and turn off all the options except the autosave part (it's quite customizable).

 

Interesting, it looks like I could just literally remove everything but the autosave component and recompile it myself...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Time for V1.8!
A big thanks to @Jack for being cool with me including his script, a very nice QoL feature being able to skip phone calls now (especially for speedrunners, I hope).

 

Changelog:

Spoiler

//Added new stadium event, 'Tanks For The Memories' with a new costume as reward for winning.

//Phone calls now have the option to be skipped. Should hopefully mean less forced down-time, while still allowing related strats to be possible.

//The new Haiti car park now spawns a 'Hotring Pizza' after beating the 'Pizza Boy?, Pizza Man.' stadium event.

//Fixed R* oversight which means Lance will now spawn with the correct model during Death Row.

//Changed 'Cap The Collector' mission name.

//Fixed Zebra Cab GXT bug... again AGAIN...

 

 

 

Download V1.8 Full Mod: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jgmivms3dleu8aw/GTA Tightened Vice - V1.8 Full.rar?dl=0

Download V1.8 Patch Only: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z09u5rezwf08d8n/GTA Tightened Vice - V1.8 Patch Only.rar?dl=0

Edited by _Rob_
Link to comment
Share on other sites

bibidibabidibu

hi I really liked that :) thanks a lot for this funny and really tightened modification. my only recommendation is that please open a moddb topic and keep your links in there to avaid broken links in future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sir_Featherstone

G-Spotlight and The Shootist, f*ck you, Rob, f*ck you....

 

Lol great job with this, enjoying every second (if you can call it enjoyment lmfao).

 

I am on v1.3 atm so think I will make a fresh start again. Any word on anyone completing this 100% yet?

 

Also, quick question, have you made the Sunshine Autos any harder? Haven't attempted it yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Sir_Featherstone said:

G-Spotlight and The Shootist, f*ck you, Rob, f*ck you....

 

Lol great job with this, enjoying every second (if you can call it enjoyment lmfao).

 

I am on v1.3 atm so think I will make a fresh start again. Any word on anyone completing this 100% yet?

 

Also, quick question, have you made the Sunshine Autos any harder? Haven't attempted it yet.

 

Haha, I wouldn't be doing my job right if it didn't elicit that kinda reaction! 

 

As far as I know nobody has completed it 100% yet, though the speedrun route for that is being worked on, I believe. 
There is actually a new reward for doing so too, so it'll be fun when the first person discovers it!

 

As for SSA, no not yet. Sadly the car lists themselves are hardcoded, meaning quite difficult to edit, but I do plan on changing the races there eventually.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

hey, enjoying this so far, how are you meant to start the cherry popper ice cream missions? the horn button doesn't activate it? is this deliberate? thanks in advance :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, AaronAVFC said:

hey, enjoying this so far, how are you meant to start the cherry popper ice cream missions? the horn button doesn't activate it? is this deliberate? thanks in advance :D

 

The horn button? I believe it triggers automatically if you enter it when it's parked in the Cherry Poppers entrance and then you turn the jingle on after that, no?

Either way, nothing much has changed about Cherry Poppers, so I see no reason it wouldn't activate as usual (famous last words...)!

 

 

Rapid fire updates, I know, but feedback is coming thick and fast so I'm spending the evenings trying to keep up!

V1.85 is here!

Changelog:

Spoiler

//Added new side-mission 'Ocean Beach Skimmer Skills', accessible from the Skimmer that now spawns behind Lance's house.*

//Fixed collision on watertower near the Malibu Club.

//Gave further consequence to letting the Infernus thief reach his destination during 'Back Alley Brawl'.

//Added new outfit reward for purchasing Kaufman Cabs.

//Made sure Lance, Ken and Tommy's suits no longer clash...

//Updated Tommy's new suit's cutscene model to properly match its in-game counterpart (glasses included).


*Skimmer will only spawn on a new save, but parking one there manually should still trigger the mission for existing saves.

 

Download V1.85 Full Mod: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xcchwyiaea4jr1w/GTA Tightened Vice - V1.85 Full.rar?dl=0

Download V1.85 Patch Only: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rwnj4zyplwxbf8r/GTA Tightened Vice - V1.85 Patch Only.rar?dl=0
 

And here's a look at those extra cutscene outfits, and our new side-mission!

 


 

 

Edited by _Rob_
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, AaronAVFC said:

i can't turn the jingle on i mean, which is the horn button usually, playing on 1.7


Just tested it out, seems to be working fine here (typical game dev excuse lol).
The only thing I can think is that as Tightened has its own set of User Files (and therefore own set of bindings), perhaps you're used to horn being on a different key?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yeah, i was aware of different buttons, i've changed them all to my usual buttons, but thanks anyway, i turned the frame limiter on and it lets me activate the jingle with the frame limiter on only (i can then turn frame limiter off and my jingle remains on to complete the mission) i have absolutely no idea how that affects that, but apparently that's how i fixed it lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, AaronAVFC said:

yeah, i was aware of different buttons, i've changed them all to my usual buttons, but thanks anyway, i turned the frame limiter on and it lets me activate the jingle with the frame limiter on only (i can then turn frame limiter off and my jingle remains on to complete the mission) i have absolutely no idea how that affects that, but apparently that's how i fixed it lol

 

Good to hear, and to know for future! Though I would definitely not recommend having the frame limiter off at all, causes all manner of input/physics etc issues with vanilla VC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, _Rob_ said:

 

Good to hear, and to know for future! Though I would definitely not recommend having the frame limiter off at all, causes all manner of input/physics etc issues with vanilla VC.

what other problems does it cause other than stunt boat challenge? i always have it off and have never encountered any other issues

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, AaronAVFC said:

what other problems does it cause other than stunt boat challenge? i always have it off and have never encountered any other issues

 

  • Friction for most vehicles works oddly, cars don't reverse properly etc.
  • Tommy becomes a superhero with the ability to push cars like the Hulk.
  • Running up/down inclines (even curbs) can cause Tommy to get bonked into things and lose health for no reason.
  • Skimmer is hard to take off and boats are slower due to water physics being borked.
  • Missions are more likely to get softlocked.
  • AI can get stuck driving, breaking cutscenes and missions.
  • Audio can be screwed up because the code loads and unloads them too quickly.

    There's probably more, but yeah... sadly this would have all been likely fixed with RE, but we know how Take 2 felt about that :/
  • Realistic Steak! 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PhPmayan said:

https://imgur.com/GXOTcM4

Crashes for me after Patch 1.85

 

Are you using the provided exe? Trying to use anything else won't work due to the patched object, txd etc limits.

It's also possible that it's other mods installed, if you have any?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, _Rob_ said:

 

Are you using the provided exe? Trying to use anything else won't work due to the patched object, txd etc limits.

It's also possible that it's other mods installed, if you have any?

Oh thanks man now it works after I changed the provided exe. 
(You didn't include the new one btw)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, PhPmayan said:

Oh thanks man now it works after I changed the provided exe. 
(You didn't include the new one btw)


Good news! And ah, well the patch version will only include what changed since the previous one, the full version will always have all the files.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, _Rob_ said:


Good news! And ah, well the patch version will only include what changed since the previous one, the full version will always have all the files.

Oh ok

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I appreciate it's only been a couple of days, but there feels like enough significant progress (including the removal of a nasty crash) that it's worth another update.... so V1.9 time!

 

Changelog:

Spoiler

//Added a new vehicle the 'Rusty Browns' truck.

//Cherry Poppers 'Distribution' mission is now 'Creamy Rings' and features some rather aggressive a rival "treat" dealers.

//Added a new outfit as reward for purchasing Cherry Poppers.

//Added a new outfit as reward for completing the Film Studios asset.

//Fixed sharp edges on the back of Tommy's 'Jailbreak' outfit.

//Fixed possible crash on 'Check Out at the Check In'.

 

Download V1.9 Full Mod: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z4x2cf8n6qj235b/GTA Tightened Vice - V1.9 Full.rar?dl=0

Download V1.9 Patch Only (requires previous version): https://www.dropbox.com/s/ijt45z3c4syt2fy/GTA Tightened Vice - V1.9 Patch Only.rar?dl=0

 

And a look at that new Cherry Poppers mission/outfit!

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, _Rob_ said:

I appreciate it's only been a couple of days, but there feels like enough significant progress (including the removal of a nasty crash) that it's worth another update.... so V1.9 time!

 

Changelog:

  Reveal hidden contents

//Added a new vehicle the 'Rusty Browns' truck.

//Cherry Poppers 'Distribution' mission is now 'Creamy Rings' and features some rather aggressive a rival "treat" dealers.

//Added a new outfit as reward for purchasing Cherry Poppers.

//Added a new outfit as reward for completing the Film Studios asset.

//Fixed sharp edges on the back of Tommy's 'Jailbreak' outfit.

//Fixed possible crash on 'Check Out at the Check In'.

 

Download V1.9 Full Mod: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z4x2cf8n6qj235b/GTA Tightened Vice - V1.9 Full.rar?dl=0

Download V1.9 Patch Only (requires previous version): https://www.dropbox.com/s/ijt45z3c4syt2fy/GTA Tightened Vice - V1.9 Patch Only.rar?dl=0

 

And a look at that new Cherry Poppers mission/outfit!

 

 

Hello Rob! When i update the mod to version 1.9 after completing the Demolition Man aka (Wellcome to Whatchmojo) on Avery Carrington i saw the duplicated building infront of me. Here is the screen:

P.S  It coud be a bug in my savefiles or game or what? 

Spoiler

spacer.png

 

Edited by OTTOOTTI
I put the image in the spoiler section.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, OTTOOTTI said:

Hello Rob! When i update the mod to version 1.9 after completing the Demolition Man aka (Wellcome to Whatchmojo) on Avery Carrington i saw the duplicated building infront of me. Here is the screen:

P.S  It coud be a bug in my savefiles or game or what? 

  Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

 

Woah, yeah that is very strange. Certainly the first I've seen of it, at this stage your guess is as good as mine. Do you have any other mods installed?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I play with 30 fps & snow is lagging. It's not comfortable to play. When I choose 60 fps, everything's fine but cars go very slowly. Could you tell me how to resolve this problem please? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, _Rob_ said:

Woah, yeah that is very strange. Certainly the first I've seen of it, at this stage your guess is as good as mine. Do you have any other mods installed?

No mods instaled in my version of Tightened Vice are installed.

Edited by OTTOOTTI
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, danielfrigan said:

I play with 30 fps & snow is lagging. It's not comfortable to play. When I choose 60 fps, everything's fine but cars go very slowly. Could you tell me how to resolve this problem please? 

Sadly I cannot, the snow seems to be an issue on certain PCs (maybe GPU related). You can remove the weather ASI from the scripts folder, but then you're missing all the scripted difficulty icy roads introduce.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, RozeD said:

Always crashing on this mission (1.85 mode)
spacer.png

 

Hard to tell from that description, but judging by the font and radar you have other mod/s installed, so incompatibility does make sense.
(The latest version is 1.9 too, so it may be worth upgrading to that as well.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.