Tightened Vice

_Rob_

6 hours ago, Eskendrya said:

Having so much fun playing around with the mod, but I've noticed that check out at the check in and gun runner missions give me an unhandled exception and my game just crashes, check out at the check in crashes once the opening cutscene ends, and gun runner crashes once I smash the first crate. Any solutions?

Glad you're enjoying it! Your issue sounds like the autosave bug (again)... 

Basically, those missions try to spawn pickups, the autosave has not cleared enough pickup memory upon loading the game. This results in a crash as soon as the weapons need to spawn.

The fix is to collect hidden packages and/or do rampages until enough memory is free for those missions to have space to spawn what they need to. 

Here's a map in case you want to speed up the process: https://ehgames.com/gta/map/ebxqqb4gsc1

Eskendrya
15 hours ago, _Rob_ said:

Basically, those missions try to spawn pickups, the autosave has not cleared enough pickup memory upon loading the game. This results in a crash as soon as the weapons need to spawn.

The fix is to collect hidden packages and/or do rampages until enough memory is free for those missions to have space to spawn what they need to. 

Here's a map in case you want to speed up the process: https://ehgames.com/gta/map/ebxqqb4gsc1

Gonna try that and give you feedback once I get a chance, thanks for the awesome mod Rob!

Eskendrya
On 5/28/2024 at 10:01 PM, _Rob_ said:

Works perfectly now Rob, also got rid of the autosave script so it won't cause any further issues, I recommend you replace it with a save anywhere script or something, I think that won't cause issues. Hyped for tightened'dreas as well! Have a good day!

• Like 1

ezer98
Posted (edited)

I have some questions about Unhandled Exception:c0000005 at address:004c52a1.
1. How much packages and rampages need to be done in order to fix it? I have already found like 6 packages and done like 10 rampages and still getting error at Check In Check Out mission.

2. Is there any way to reset it if it's connected with Autosave? Would a new install with old save files fix it?

3. Is there any change in this issue in version 2.3 compared to version 2.25?

Edited by ezer98

7 hours ago, ezer98 said:

I have some questions about Unhandled Exception:c0000005 at address:004c52a1.
1. How much packages and rampages need to be done in order to fix it? I have already found like 6 packages and done like 10 rampages and still getting error at Check In Check Out mission.

2. Is there any way to reset it if it's connected with Autosave? Would a new install with old save files fix it?

3. Is there any change in this issue in version 2.3 compared to version 2.25?

The specific amount isn't really something I can speak on, unfortunately. It depends on a bunch of factors, but basically it's "as many as you can".
There's no way to "reset" it on your current save/s once it's happened afaik, it has nothing to do with the game install and is entirely self contained to User Files.
No, there's no change for this issue for at least a year. It got better as I added more manual destroy calls for pickups in SCM, but clearly hasn't solved the problem for people making heavier use of autosaving (because depending on how you play, a ton of temporary pickups can be created from any number of peds, scripted characters or even stuff like parking meters).

stunt086

Hello, I can't play the game, when I want to start a new game the following message appears

I installed the mod in a complete fresh Vice City folder but this happens everytime.

@_Rob_ Do you know why this happens and how can I fix this?

Captura de pantalla (161).png

3 hours ago, stunt086 said:

Hello, I can't play the game, when I want to start a new game the following message appears

I installed the mod in a complete fresh Vice City folder but this happens everytime.

@_Rob_ Do you know why this happens and how can I fix this?

Captura de pantalla (161).png

Windows DEP, most likely. Either turn the feature off, or grab a "noDEP" plugin.

stunt086

I installed the NoDEP.asi file and it worked once but when I tried to play the game again, it won't open, when I click on the .exe file the game just doesn't start. Do you know what it could be this time? I tried everything but still can't find any solution.

Someone_On

Got an issue. Whenever i try to start a new game i get an Unhandled Exception error, any idea why that happens?

1 hour ago, Someone_On said:

Got an issue. Whenever i try to start a new game i get an Unhandled Exception error, any idea why that happens?

Can I get some specifics? "An unhandled exception" doesn't really tell me much, I'm afraid. 

Like, how did you install the mod, which version are you using, what's the address on the error etc etc

speedrunner539
On 10/29/2022 at 12:52 PM, Darks said:

If i play with 144 fps the problem is gone, that's weird.

try using FramerateVigilante to limit your fps to 60 and avoid framerate bugs

RubberDuck1970s

This game keeps giving me this error, making it pretty much unplayable to me. I'm playing the latest V2.3 version as well

image.png

1 hour ago, RubberDuck1970s said:

This game keeps giving me this error, making it pretty much unplayable to me. I'm playing the latest V2.3 version as well

image.png

That's a new one on me, not seen that address before. However, I can see by the radar alone that you're combining with other mods (not recommended). I'd suggest trying either a clean install of VC with just TV installed on top, or removing your other mods 1 by 1.

RubberDuck1970s

If you're talking about the widescreen mod, it's included with the latest version. In the scripts folder.

17 minutes ago, _Rob_ said:

That's a new one on me, not seen that address before. However, I can see by the radar alone that you're combining with other mods (not recommended). I'd suggest trying either a clean install of VC with just TV installed on top, or removing your other mods 1 by 1.

4 hours ago, RubberDuck1970s said:

If you're talking about the widescreen mod, it's included with the latest version. In the scripts folder.

No, I'm talking about the radar. The icons are different from vanilla/TV, which leads me to think other files may also be modified (or the mod was installed on top of an already modified game).

RubberDuck1970s
On 6/25/2024 at 8:20 PM, _Rob_ said:

No, I'm talking about the radar. The icons are different from vanilla/TV, which leads me to think other files may also be modified (or the mod was installed on top of an already modified game).

I did a clean install of the game and added NoDEP plugin, since it kept crashing on when selecting a new game. Works really well, I relaunched it a few times with no issues.

• 3 weeks later...
MrBigodez

Hi, is there anyway/tool or something I can see what stunt jump is missing? i got 35/36 done but i've redone all of them and Dont get a trigger for the last one
if theres anyway i can look it up somehow that would be awesomme

PhPmayan
13 minutes ago, MrBigodez said:

Hi, is there anyway/tool or something I can see what stunt jump is missing? i got 35/36 done but i've redone all of them and Dont get a trigger for the last one
if theres anyway i can look it up somehow that would be awesomme

Try GTASnP

MrBigodez
5 minutes ago, PhPmayan said:

Try GTASnP

I've tried it but i think it shows the original ones if im not mistaken, it shows me on in little haiti, i've been following rob video but i dont seem to spot this jump on it

image.png.22c238cf759087abd7de83d43d716276.png

1 hour ago, MrBigodez said:

I've tried it but i think it shows the original ones if im not mistaken

Correct. III and VC don't store stunt jump locations in their save files, so GTASNP.com only knows the vanilla/unmodded locations.

I took a look at the script for this mod and figured out what the new location for it is. I think the one you're missing is around here. (Just the center one, ignore the other markers.)

image.thumb.png.1095e7820913f927ab8653c318294db9.png

MrBigodez
1 hour ago, Samutz said:

Correct. III and VC don't store stunt jump locations in their save files, so GTASNP.com only knows the vanilla/unmodded locations.

I took a look at the script for this mod and figured out what the new location for it is. I think the one you're missing is around here. (Just the center one, ignore the other markers.)

image.thumb.png.1095e7820913f927ab8653c318294db9.png

Thank you sir, i was missing the one on front of printworks 

Tanzil Sabab

During the mission Gun Runner, I am facing an unhandled exception c000005 at address 004c52a1. Pls Help

I am using version 2.3 and never installed any external mods

Edit: got the solution 

Edited by Tanzil Sabab