4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Max Payne: One More Job

Detonario

DCWM3td.png

IDEA

This short mission pack is about Max Payne and his revenge on the remaining enemies, who are supposed to be somewhere in a city called "San Fierro". It takes place before the events of Max Payne 3 and was designed to honor the entire series for its quality.

DOWNLOAD

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Bduk9oEj4uQzE1kodkR0jBO-HU1GPWhm/view

Edited by Detonario
  • Realistic Steak! 2

I'm doing a Russian translation for libertycity.ru, the only problem is that the lines in the file with the objective texts, is 74, not 37)

Hello. I played through it.

It didn't dissapoint. What a story. I think that Russians will even like it on Libertycity.net - it's just amazing! Keep grinding!

Edited by Horus Publishing

1 hour ago, Horus Publishing said:

It didn't dissapoint. What a story. I think that Russians will even like it on Libertycity.net - it's just amazing! Keep grinding!

Horus, libertycity.net is a version of the site for English-speaking users, Russians use libertycity.ru, so do not confuse)

1 hour ago, Horus Publishing said:

Only I will post the translation under a different nickname and account, so don't disclose me)

29 minutes ago, Game Bag said:

Horus, libertycity.net is a version of the site for English-speaking users, Russians use libertycity.ru, so do not confuse)

Only I will post the translation under a different nickname and account, so don't disclose me)

It still the same in design, aint it? Only net. from ru changes :)  :D 

Edited by Horus Publishing

3 minutes ago, Horus Publishing said:

It still the same in design, aint it? Only net. from ru changes :)  :D 

Well, you could say that.)

Posted a 46 minute extravaganza playthrough here: 

Use chapters to skip to desired mission. Cheers. And you should upload that on GTA Inside. That rocks!

RedBaronFromTheUG

Amazing mission pack, you studied the original material and it shows in the product, i liked the fact that you made a max payne-like voice, incorporated the use of Bullet-Time and used the game's maps in a good and fun way, you have potential to be a good DYOM designer.

I just played all of this project, and I just want to say:

THIS WAS SO f*ckING AWESOME OH MY GOD

First of all, you managed to capture Max Payne's essence so damn well, this project has all the elements of the Max Payne trilogy: Max's narration, the dark atmosphere, the sound effects and music, etc. Gameplay was extremely fun and also Max Payne-like. The object placement is simply amazing, gave so much life and detail to the otherwise uninteresting parts of San Fierro. Lastly, Max's dialogue was very creative and well-written.

Anyways, this project is great! I have nothing bad to say about it. I had so much fun playing this.

Well done Detonario, very well done.

4 hours ago, Stardust101 said:

I just played all of this project, and I just want to say:

THIS WAS SO f*ckING AWESOME OH MY GOD

First of all, you managed to capture Max Payne's essence so damn well, this project has all the elements of the Max Payne trilogy: Max's narration, the dark atmosphere, the sound effects and music, etc. Gameplay was extremely fun and also Max Payne-like. The object placement is simply amazing, gave so much life and detail to the otherwise uninteresting parts of San Fierro. Lastly, Max's dialogue was very creative and well-written.

Anyways, this project is great! I have nothing bad to say about it. I had so much fun playing this.

Well done Detonario, very well done.

It's even better, considering that one guy who's blatantly criticizing DYOM western missions actually reviewed this mission quite well. It's like the best MP ever made for Russians, from Western people. His review:

14 hours ago
Good project, good translation.

I really liked the project itself, a cool gameplay project about the adventures of our beloved Maxim Pain until the third part. Dialogues are certainly not the best, the author tries in the style of the original, but it does not come out too well. Although the voice acting is not bad, it is worth noting (PROBABLY A BAD TRANSLATION, IT'S GOOGLE TRANSLATED ANYWAY @Game Bag can translate it better). The gameplay is varied and challenging, I really enjoyed

As for the translation, it’s normal, though in the 5th mission there was one bug in the translation, but not critical, so it’s a well-deserved plus. Original Mission Rating - 7/10

23 minutes ago, Horus Publishing said:

It's even better, considering that one guy who's blatantly criticizing DYOM western missions actually reviewed this mission quite well. It's like the best MP ever made for Russians, from Western people. His review:

14 hours ago
Good project, good translation.

I really liked the project itself, a cool gameplay project about the adventures of our beloved Maxim Pain until the third part. Dialogues are certainly not the best, the author tries in the style of the original, but it does not come out too well. Although the voice acting is not bad, it is worth noting (PROBABLY A BAD TRANSLATION, IT'S GOOGLE TRANSLATED ANYWAY @Game Bag can translate it better). The gameplay is varied and challenging, I really enjoyed

As for the translation, it’s normal, though in the 5th mission there was one bug in the translation, but not critical, so it’s a well-deserved plus. Original Mission Rating - 7/10

Don't worry, it's all translated correctly.)

It's quite alright.

The very first thing you notice after booting up the first mission is that the project is fully voice acted, and while I can't say I particularly liked how Max talks here, the effort itself is commendable. The script is also very reminiscent of the original Max Payne games, which helps a lot with immersion.

The missions aren't nearly as hard and challenging as the source material, sans the last meaningful mission, which is understandable since there's obviously no quick save-quick load in DYOM, but they're enjoyable nonetheless. Mapping and weather choices elevate it even further, giving San Fierro this gritty, abandoned, crime-ridden look.

Bullet time was unfortunately more of a detriment, since it's not the same as in the Max Payne games.

I liked it. Great job.

• Like 3