GTA VI PC Discussion, Requirements...

Vice Cit

Are you planning on playing GTAVI on PC or Console?  

587 members have voted

1. 1. Are you planning on playing GTAVI on PC or Console?

• PC
    • Console

I just hope it releases on day one on PC. I'm upgrading my PC this month thinking about GTA VI in the future, did last upgrade when GTA V came out, so it's a bit outdated but running everything smoothly till this day. If not, need to buy console then 😅

Logically thinking, requirements will be similiar to Cyberpunk 2077 but maybe more up to date.

Minimum:

Intel Core i5-5xxx

RAM: 8GB

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

Recommended:

Intel Core i7-4790

Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060

RAM: 16GB

30 minutes ago, beneksy said:

Logically thinking, requirements will be similiar to Cyberpunk 2077 but maybe more up to date.

Slightly higher, as a 2025/2026 game. I'd have to upgrade too if I'm able.

I think it will absolutely require 32 GB RAM in the recommended, 8 GB now is 12/16 GB as minimum. Cyberpunk has minimum 12GB. For Starfield it says 16GB. I just added another stick a year ago to make it 32. Just left the GPU to upgrade. Best waiting for RTX 5000 series.

Edited by 44Orca

2dQaqi9.png purple-diamond-gem.gif

Eternal Moonshine
23 minutes ago, beneksy said:

I just hope it releases on day one on PC. I'm upgrading my PC this month thinking about GTA VI in the future, did last upgrade when GTA V came out, so it's a bit outdated but running everything smoothly till this day. If not, need to buy console then 😅

Minimum:

Intel Core i5-5xxx

Recommended:

Intel Core i7-4790

Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060

Yeah, no. You can forget about that. Obviously, I don't know it for certain, but I bet that you would need at least an 8gb VRAM GPU, 16gb ram and an equivalent of Ryzen 3600 to meet the minimum requirements for a 30fps experience. As for recommended, probably something like RTX 3070 and that's still without maxing out all the settings. Modern games are made with the current gen consoles as the baseline

8 hours ago, Moncastler said:

Hard to tell right now, but IMO best you can hope is 1080p60-ish FPS with DLSS.

Your CPU especially is quite slow for today's standards and historically Rockstar's games tend to be quite CPU intensive.

The 2060 Super is a bit below PS5 and Series X GPUs but the game has to run on the Series S as well, so your GPU should be fine. And if Rockstar decides to use mesh shaders (like Alan Wake 2), your GPU supports this feature. The 8GB VRAM could be an issue for 1440p, but both GTA V and RDR2 have a very good VRAM management.

If you want to do some upgrades just to play GTA VI I would wait to at least know the system requirements.

So essentially I'm sh*t outta luck.

Got it.

I mean I played RDR2 at 30fps with my 1050ti at PC release, with some of the worst settings imagineable.

So I'll see.

Maybe I'll upgrade, but not now. 

If I do now, the tech will depreciate by the time GTA VI comes out.

Edited by Matushka

3 hours ago, beneksy said:

Minimum:

Intel Core i5-5xxx

Recommended:

Intel Core i7-4790

Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060

It looks like you have outdated as hell info about CP2077 requirements. Those are current

e4fde54e7fcfca001f98a02d2594d9435806d700

Ryzen 7 7700X 8 core 

RTX 4070ti

surely that’ll serve me right, right? :fartkek:

averaging about 90 fps on RDR2 max settings at 1440p 

• Like 1

People are really underestimating the potential of VI's system reqs I think. When a new generation of console launches the system requirements of PC titles go up and then they stagnate again for a while as the current-gen consoles go thorough their cycle. This bump has taken longer than usual to happen because we had a lengthy cross gen period where games released both on last-gen and current gen consoles, but this is basically over now, so we're now starting to see that bump up happen.

Staple 1440p/60fps cards like the nVidia 3070 is now starting to become a 1080p/60fps card - it's DLSS/FSR that is extending it's lifespan as a 1440p card.

There is a spanner in the works which is frame gen, DLSS3 is already out and FSR3 while technically out is still in it's early stages but will likely be in a good place and widely supported by the time VI PC launches. The thing with frame gen though is it's not a magic fix, cause while it can and will effectively double (give or take) your frame rate you do also need a relatively high native frame rate to get a smooth experience, around 50fps pre-frame gen. So older cards, even with FSR3, may not get an optimal experience in a game like VI with frame gen.

I don't think VI will require a super computer, R* stuff usually scales well, but I do think people are going to be wanting at least a AMD 5000 series CPU or Intel equivalent and a nVidia 3000 series or AMD equivalent for a relatively good experience, especially at 1440p+. Anything older than that will be 5-6+ years old by the time VI launches on PC.

• Like 4

Low:

i5 17600

RTX 4070 min 12GB VRAM

min 32GB RAM

500GB SSD Storage min 2.5GB/S

Recommended:

i7 19700K

RTX 6080 min 24GB VRAM

min 64GB RAM

500GB SSD Storage min 2.5GB/S

Yes I take release date into account.

paperback_cypher

Minimum :

GTX 1080

16 GB ram

I5 10th gen

400GB HDD (esp for the 4k textures and the millions of lines of dialogue)

Recommended:

RTX 3080

32 GB ram

i9 11th gen

Bare in mind it's probably coming out 2026-2027 + looking better than the PS5/ series X versions.

Edited by paperback_cypher

The nVidia 1000 series and AMD 5000 series and older may become obsolete entirely in the next 2-3 years. DirectX12 has new tech/features like mesh shaders, which Alan Wake 2 uses, which those GPU's and older don't support. AW2 will technically run on them but it doesn't run well at all compared the cards usual performance.

TBA how many games will adopt this technology within the next 1-3 years but you would think it's coming after AW2 showcased the capabilities of these new features.

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

The nVidia 1000 series and AMD 5000 series and older may become obsolete entirely in the next 2-3 years. DirectX12 has new tech/features like mesh shaders, which Alan Wake 2 uses, which those GPU's and older don't support. AW2 will technically run on them but it doesn't run well at all compared the cards usual performance.

TBA how many games will adopt this technology within the next 1-3 years but you would think it's coming after AW2 showcased the capabilities of these new features.

My 2080 super is already seemingly obsolete.  DLSS is saving my ass. 

Ubisoft is of course far from Rockstar when it comes to optimization and so on but still it's "next-gen" open world game

31_wymagania_sprzetowe_avatar_frontiers_

Ubisoft has good optimization with their main games, I don't remember any that didn't from their newer ones. These look similar to Starfield and Cyberpunk.

I think we can tell better with next year's games, what specs might be similar to VI, example like AC Red with its new engine etc.

Edited by 44Orca

2dQaqi9.png purple-diamond-gem.gif

It's less Ubi's games are well optimised and more that they don't push the boat out. They've never made a game that is a technical showcase since Unity, which was a disaster for them, and their games don't really do anything demanding under the hood.

Even then, that is asking for a a 5600x/116600k and a 3060 Ti / 3070 for 1080p/60fps with FSR2 set to quality (quality for both DLSS/FSR runs at 67% of the native resolution). Give it another year and we won't be seeing 1000 series cards on system requirement sheets for AAA games at all I imagine.

Avatar could well be a very interesting game for PC players though, as it looks like it'll be the first relatively big game to support FSR3 / DLSS3. So far, only Immortals of Aveum and Forspoken support FSR3, the former is incredibly heavy on performance due to always on RT (and no one bought it) and the latter is an image quality disaster cause of the particles (and no one bought that game either). DLSS3 is good but limited to only 4000 series GPU's right now, so FSR3 is going to become very important over the next few years and Avatar is probably going to be the first game where it's widely used.

On 10/29/2023 at 6:05 PM, Jason said:

For RAGE (and various other old engines), this applies: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus

With a caveat, that you never, ever end up with every plank replaced. There's always that bit of structure that sticks out in the middle of the deck because it was part of the structure before all the overhauls.

The most memorable example was when I worked at Crystal Dynamics, fixing some physics bugs on the Avengers, I wanted to see where exactly the gravity constant is coming from. It was a somewhat arbitrary-looking value, in the vague ballpark of the 9.8m/s², but different enough to look out of place. And for a fundamental constant, it wasn't defined in any obvious way, so it took a few jumps to definition files before I found the correct line. It came with a comment from somebody on the Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver team, announcing that they have converted the number from Gexels to the new units. What were Gexels? The distance units used in Gex, of course.

So if you ever wonder why Lara Croft free-falls at the rate she does, be she from 2006 Legends or 2018 Shadow of Tomb Raider, it's because it made sense for an anthropomorphic gecko from an N64 game in 1998.

But then of course, there is the rest of the engine. Sure, there are some traces of the old skeleton here and there, but when you have a fully overhauled physics here, a new FX pipeline there, the renderer having been replaced five or six times, with material overhauls going with at least two of these, and multi-core support rolling in as a few distinct waves of changes to the game loop, it's not the same engine after all. And we do this because start from scratch, or even porting to a different commercial engine, is very costly. I've been doing game engines my entire game dev career, and I haven't been at a studio where a complete re-write or a port to Unreal isn't discussed. And every once in a while, a studio does take a plunge, but very often decision is made to invest in the necessary upgrades to the existing engine, because all of the tools are designed for it, your entire team is proficient with it, and any effort you invest into making that engine better stays in the house.

So yeah, I don't see RAGE going away, nor any reason for it to.

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

Not the same exact thing, but I've always loved the quirk that the Half-Life: Alyx light flickering code is a string vestige from the original June 22, 1996 release of Quake, that made it into Half-Life, Half-Life 2, and so on so forth. Some things are pretty hard to kill.

As for GTA VI's requirements, here's my best guess for recommended on 4K with Ray Tracing, assuming Rockstar takes advantage of the technology.

CPU: 10700K, Ryzen 1800X

GPU: Nvidia RTX 4080, AMD 7900XT

RAM: 32 GB

SSD: 170 GB

SatyrRemastered

Mirage and Dead Space run smoothly to me, it was the only two games this year that run smoothly 

If we look at GTA V system requirements, we will see 5 years old midrange(Maybe mid-high) PC for minimum specs(Q6600, Phenom 9850 and 9800 GT/HD4870), and for recommended 1 year old midrange PC(i5 3470/FX8350, GTX 660/HD 7870) before they release title on X360/PS3, so if GTA VI will be released in 2025, then it will require some 2019 midrange PC and 2024 midrange PC

So my bets
Minimum specs: 1080p Low/Normal Settings 30 FPS maybe with FSR/DLSS Quality
Intel Core i5 9400 or AMD Ryzen 5 2600(maybe Core i5 10400 and Ryzen 5 3600)
16GB Ram
Geforce RTX 2060 or Radeon RX 5600 XT
6GB VRAM

150GB SSD SATA

Recommended specs: 1080p High Settings 60 FPS
Intel Core i5 14400 or AMD Ryzen 5 8600(Maybe lower like Core i5 13400 and Ryzen 5 7600)
32GB Ram
Geforce RTX 5060 or Radeon RX 8600
12GB VRAM
150GB SSD NVME

Edited by dev1ance

Mister_Misery

RASTERIZATION:
Minimum (low settings at 900p30)
:
GPU
- GTX 1660 or RX 6500XT
VRAM
- 6GB
CPU
- Ryzen 5 3600 or i5 10400F
RAM
- 12GB
OS
: Windows 10/11
Storage
: 175GB SSD

Recommended (high settings at 1440p 60):
GPU
- RTX 3080Ti or RX 6900XT
VRAM
- 12GB
CPU
- Ryzen 7 7700X or i5 13500
RAM
- 16 GB
OS
: Windows 10/11
Storage
: 175GB SSD

RAYTRACING:
Minimum (low/medium settings at 1440p30, low RT):
GPU
- RTX 2080Ti or RX 7700XT
VRAM
- 12GB
CPU
- Ryzen 7 7700X or i5 13500
RAM
- 16GB
OS
: Windows 11
Storage
: 225 GB NVME

Recommended (ultra settings at 4K 60 [DLSS Ultra Quality and DLSS Frame Generation], high RT):
GPU
- RTX 4090
VRAM
- 18+ GB
CPU
- Ryzen 9 7950X3D or i9 13900K
RAM
- 32GB
OS
: Windows 11
Storage: 225 GB NVME

Based on the (properly optimized) current generation releases we've had so far, this seems reasonable to me. What do you think?

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1

This means that the release will be immediately on PC, well, they will postpone it for a maximum of half a year, which I doubt, I’m betting on the fact that immediately

Edited by DenisVTR

5 hours ago, DenisVTR said:

This means that the release will be immediately on PC, well, they will postpone it for a maximum of half a year, which I doubt, I’m betting on the fact that immediately

Which one means it? Please tell me. There are some speculations about it and unsolved optimization problems so this not could be true. I hope they will bring it on PC between 6-8 months after the day-one release

Edited by GraphiX

24 minutes ago, GraphiX said:

Which one means it? Please tell me. There are some speculations about it and unsolved optimization problems so this not could be true. I hope they will bring it on PC between 6-8 months after the day-one release

Previously, I made a bet on November, or rather the next week, I was a little mistaken, but in my case this is normal.
I also placed a bet on the PC version on the first day, it will be postponed for a maximum of half a year, but I choose the first day.
I have a theory on what everything is based on, and this is precisely that it’s just a theory based on a rather funny coincidence in my life, but on the other hand, logic is also present, but this is a more boring option
So, if this all works, then for me it will be as funny as possible how a bunch of “insiders” and others were at a loss when one small pattern was enough for me to put everything in its place!
I hope Rockstar won’t delay choosing platforms, I almost guessed right with the announcement date, only this platform remains

Based on the latest releases (starfield and allan wake), this is my guess:

For 1080p 60fps Low

Ryzen 5600 or higher

RTX 4060ti/RX 7700 XT or higher

16gb RAM or higher

200gb SSD

--

For 1440p 60 fps Medium

Ryzen 5800x3d or higher

RTX 4070/RX 7800 XT or higher

32gb RAM or higher

200gb SSD

FSR 3.0/DLSS 3.0 Quality mode

--

4k 60 fps High

Ryzen 5800x3d or Higher

RTX 4090 or higher

32gb RAM or Higher

200gb SSD

FSR 3.0/DLSS 3.0 Quality mode

--

Prepare your pockets. :sui:

I am hoping that at the end of the trailer, we see the symbol for PC at the bottom so we get a day 1 PC release. I've said this before but I will happily pre-order the premium/deluxe edition on Steam!

1 minute ago, Hayden_ said:

I am hoping that at the end of the trailer, we see the symbol for PC at the bottom so we get a day 1 PC release. I've said this before but I will happily pre-order the premium/deluxe edition on Steam!

Same.

Honestly, I'm very glad I have good internet now. Still lived with my parents when RDR2 came to PC and literally sent a friend of mine an external drive to download the game for me, because the post was faster than my download speed :kekw: I might not have Gigabit now, but 250Mbit/s ain't half bad, you know?

3 minutes ago, Hayden_ said:

FOR: PS5, XBOX SERIES X/S...LINUX

• KEKW 2

1 minute ago, RecklessGlue540 said:

I wouldn't bet on it. There's a lot of work to be done with optimization before it's ever ready for PC.

They could however pull a Max Payne 3 where all versions of the game are worked on at the same time...

The leaked clips were running on an actual PC build (no, not a console dev environment on PC, actual PC build), so, who knows

RecklessGlue540
Just now, Ser_Salty said:

The leaked clips were running on an actual PC build (no, not a console dev environment on PC, actual PC build), so, who knows

Pretty sure all games run on PC builds in development...

1 minute ago, RecklessGlue540 said:

Pretty sure all games run on PC builds in development...

Like I said, it wasn't a console dev environment on PC, it was an actual PC build. I'm not a f*cking idiot.