Jump to content

GTA VI PC Discussion, Requirements...


Vice Cit

Are you planning on playing GTAVI on PC or Console?  

587 members have voted

  1. 1. Are you planning on playing GTAVI on PC or Console?

    • PC
      430
    • Console
      157


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Gdog said:

Of course Rockstar can put together a good PC port. Nobody is arguing against that. It just won't be released same time as consoles. They will want to milk this game for all it's worth so they'll make PC gamers wait in the hope that they are tempted to buy it on console and then buy it again when the PC version comes out. I'm ashamed of myself but that's what I'll be doing. I will buy a PS5 to play it and then I'll buy it again when it comes to PC.

 

Why do you think they released the game on PS3/360, PS4/One, PC, and PS5/XSX? If you were running a business would you rather make $70 per person or anywhere up to $280? If Rockstar can convince people to double dip then it's $140. Across 3 gens then it's $210. It's in Rockstar's best interest to release GTA VI close to the end of this generation so they can sell the same game again on PS6. Look at PC for V... that didn't even come out until 2015 after the PS4/XB1 versions. It's easy money.

I understand that, but in my opinion, time flies, so I really hope they will release a PC version on day 1. The problem is that Rockstar has been a console editor developer since its creation. They usually do some PC ports, but they were not optimized like GTA IV on PC. They have started to really care about PC ports since GTA V. That's why they are not really skilled in PC ports. But as we saw, the PC port of RDR2, which was released 1 year after the console, was good. I just don't want to be spoilt because console players have it before me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, MaArem said:

I understand that, but in my opinion, time flies, so I really hope they will release a PC version on day 1. The problem is that Rockstar has been a console editor developer since its creation. They usually do some PC ports, but they were not optimized like GTA IV on PC. They have started to really care about PC ports since GTA V. That's why they are not really skilled in PC ports. But as we saw, the PC port of RDR2, which was released 1 year after the console, was good. I just don't want to be spoilt because console players have it before me.

Actually, Rockstar/DMA started out as a PC developer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ser_Salty said:

Actually, Rockstar/DMA started out as a PC developer.

But they were mainly focused on consoles all the games Rockstar created are not on PC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Ser_Salty said:

Actually, Rockstar/DMA started out as a PC developer.

 

Actually they were developers for the C64 and Amiga, which weren't IBM-PC compatible


:kekw:

  • KEKW 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the FiveM aquisition could mean that we will get an early pc version so that all the RP servers can take that hype, switch to the new base game and continue to do content

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One thing I've been noticing is that some games are now requiring an SSD in your PC as a minimum system requirement. If/when GTA VI makes it to PC, I could see that happening.

 

That said, I don't expect PC to launch at the same time as consoles. I expect it to be console-exclusive for a while--6 months to a year, probably.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SSD will absolutely be a requirement, SATA SSD's are now the min requirement on virtually all modern PC releases, especially AAA, as NVMe's are now standard in console. Once more games truly take advantage of the SSD's speeds and DirectStorage becomes more widely supported we'll likely see games require NVMe's as a minimum on PC too, hell, I wouldn't be all that surprised if GTA VI is one of first titles on PC to require an NVMe on PC. This is probably the first game they've ever developed with the intention of supporting it for 10 years+ and developing a game around an NVMe and thus requiring an NVMe might just be a better idea long term than supporting SATA SSD's early on.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My last and current console is a PS3.. Console gaming might be cheaper but I need a good PC for 3D work.. So a Xbox controller for PC will do! 

I will be upgrading to RTX 5080/5090 whenever it releases.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

cant remember

Is renting a console and a game still possible nowadays?

 

I'm a PC without consoles. During the 3D era when III/VC/SA came out I rented a PS2 with the game for a week to satiate my impatience until the PC version was out. In the HD era I had a roomie with an Xbox360 so I only rented the game itself. But it's been over a decade and a lot has changed with digital ownership and whatnot, is that still an option to do?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cant remember said:

Is renting a console and a game still possible nowadays?

 

I'm a PC without consoles. During the 3D era when III/VC/SA came out I rented a PS2 with the game for a week to satiate my impatience until the PC version was out. In the HD era I had a roomie with an Xbox360 so I only rented the game itself. But it's been over a decade and a lot has changed with digital ownership and whatnot, is that still an option to do?

While I believe it would be possible on a technical level, for some games at least, good luck actually finding a place that rents games these days

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's still some ways to rent games in certain countries, but renting a console? Not sure that's really ever been a widespread thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Jason said:

There's still some ways to rent games in certain countries, but renting a console? Not sure that's really ever been a widespread thing.

I've actually seen billboards for that in my area :kekw: but it was like a horrible techbro thing where they overcharge you while telling you you're saving money

Link to comment
Share on other sites

cant remember
21 minutes ago, Ser_Salty said:

I've actually seen billboards for that in my area :kekw: but it was like a horrible techbro thing where they overcharge you while telling you you're saving money

Yep it was, I think i spent €50 for just a week with the console, which is the same price as buying the game forever. But I couldn't justify buying a PS2 for one game and I also couldn't wait for the PC version so R* and Sony had me by the crown jewels.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I heard that the PC version will come later... no respect for PC players!👎

Other developers do not release the game until the game is ready for all platforms, this is respect for the players!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only thing fears me is the same fate of GTA 6 Online on PC (same Pier-to-Pier connection, no decent Anti-Cheat), there's a hope but I think Rockstar ain't gonna bother...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SatyrRemastered

I love how worlwide webs are citing Tez as ''insider'' when he never proclaim anything like that
and with so many errors I would even called him '' reliable''
If thay continue with they dumb tradition of delaying pc version it's definetlly not because of more time to polish the game, RDR 2 was released whole 12 moths later and it was one of the worst ports at the time before they mostly fixed it - btw funny 12 months wasnt enought yet most patches come under next 30 days and it was mostly fine 
So f**k their polishing and delaying 😒

  • Realistic Steak! 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, SatyrRemastered said:

I love how worlwide webs are citing Tez as ''insider'' when he never proclaim anything like that
and with so many errors I would even called him '' reliable''
If thay continue with they dumb tradition of delaying pc version it's definetlly not because of more time to polish the game, RDR 2 was released whole 12 moths later and it was one of the worst ports at the time before they mostly fixed it - btw funny 12 months wasnt enought yet most patches come under next 30 days and it was mostly fine 
So f**k their polishing and delaying 😒

I personally believe that the information that the PC version is not ready
blatant lie.
R* are the only developers who behave this way with PC players.

 

Not counting the developers making exclusive games for PS.

Edited by iNGUSH
  • Realistic Steak! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, wqx said:

I think the FiveM aquisition could mean that we will get an early pc version so that all the RP servers can take that hype, switch to the new base game and continue to do content

P* bought RP servers developers so that console players can also play RP servers.

I think so, I hope I'm wrong

Edited by iNGUSH
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, iNGUSH said:

P* bought RP servers developers so that console players can also play RP servers.

I think so, I hope I'm wrong

You are lmao

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do think there's a good chance we'll see the Cfx platform being available to console players in some form (console will never get mods to the full extent PC does) but I doubt it'll come at launch. It'll probably be after the PC version launches, even if that's not day 1.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ser_Salty said:

You are lmao

You are lmao

Edited by iNGUSH
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/26/2023 at 6:00 PM, iNGUSH said:

P* bought RP servers developers so that console players can also play RP servers.

I think so, I hope I'm wrong

i don't think they will do so

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rockstar Games stop using 23 years age old Midtown Madness 2 source code. Maybe it will be help for their codebase to cleaning. RAGE is a cumbersome and outdated engine. So it's hard to optimize and hard to deal with. God d*mn you, Rockstar all pc gamers are cursing you.

  • excuseme 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GraphiX said:

Rockstar Games stop using 23 years age old Midtown Madness 2 source code. Maybe it will be help for their codebase to cleaning. RAGE is a cumbersome and outdated engine. So it's hard to optimize and hard to deal with. God d*mn you, Rockstar all pc gamers are cursing you.

 

For RAGE (and various other old engines), this applies: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus

 

RAGE has undoubtedly had multiple rewrites in all areas and when ever a new R* mainline game comes out they are technical masterpieces that push the current hardware as far or further than any other game.

 

On top of that, outside of some early launch issues, R* games generally scale and perform well on PC. RDR2 still looks better than most releases today and yet it performs far, far better than them all.

 

There's a many things you could criticise for R* but their tech is not one of them.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There was a decade or more between GTA V and GTA VI. The fact that RAGE has a damn poorly optimized game engine is no excuse for this game to be late on PC. Moreover, they have a stable PC version and the game is being developed for PC at the same time. Rockstar is the dog of console companies. It is intentşonally delaying the game so that they can sell.

Edited by GraphiX
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Give it straight to me boys:

i7-7700

Rtx 2060 super

16gb ram

SSD

 

At 1440p targeting 60fps at medium low settings, with textures maxed out.

 

How am I faring?

Edited by Matushka
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Matushka said:

Give it straight to me boys:

i7-7700

Rtx 2060 super

16gb ram

SSD

 

At 1440p targeting 60fps at medium low settings, with textures maxed out.

 

How am I faring?

Should be good with DLSS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Matushka said:

Give it straight to me boys:

i7-7700

Rtx 2060 super

16gb ram

SSD

 

At 1440p targeting 60fps at medium low settings, with textures maxed out.

 

How am I faring?

Hard to tell right now, but IMO best you can hope is 1080p60-ish FPS with DLSS.

Your CPU especially is quite slow for today's standards and historically Rockstar's games tend to be quite CPU intensive.

The 2060 Super is a bit below PS5 and Series X GPUs but the game has to run on the Series S as well, so your GPU should be fine. And if Rockstar decides to use mesh shaders (like Alan Wake 2), your GPU supports this feature. The 8GB VRAM could be an issue for 1440p, but both GTA V and RDR2 have a very good VRAM management.

If you want to do some upgrades just to play GTA VI I would wait to at least know the system requirements.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With the way games are going I think now that the cross gen period is over, 1080p/30 with that rig, w/ DLSS, at low settings. Bare in mind modern "low" settings may still result in a game that looks okay to good.

 

That GPU is below what's in a PS5/XSX and that CPU is old, it's about equal to a AMD 3600 which is also starting to show it's legs, and as Moncastler said above, VI is likely to be CPU intensive. 

 

Taking a look at other current gen games and where system specs we're starting to see now that the cross gen period is over and we're seeing games made for the new hardware, you're likely going to want something like a Ryzen 3600 and a nVidia 3060 - 3070 for 1080p/60fps on med-high in GTA VI, with DLSS. Remember this game is likely to launch on PC anytime in 2024-2026 depending on day 1, that CPU will be 7-9 years old by then and the GPU 5-6 years old. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.