Jump to content

GTA VI PC Discussion, Requirements...


Vice Cit

Are you planning on playing GTAVI on PC or Console?  

585 members have voted

  1. 1. Are you planning on playing GTAVI on PC or Console?

    • PC
      429
    • Console
      156


Recommended Posts

With consoles having decent drives that can be compared to top Gen3 or Gen4 NVMEs in terms of speed, I think having a decent NVME will eventually become a requirement for many games. NVMEs are becoming cheaper with the time, they're super easy to install, they have almost zero problems when it comes to fragmentation, they last longer and, most importantly, they're extremely fast.

For now I think an HDD is still fine, DirectStorage can be utilized on mechanical drives and even there there are some tangible improvements. But when games start to utilize GPU decompression (I don't think Forspoken does), you'll definitely want to upgrade to a fast NVME... I'm very curious to see what the requirements will be for Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, that game was massively advertised to take advantage of the PS5 SSD and I don't imagine it can be played that well on a 7200RPM HDD.

 

I'm fairly confident that Rockstar will support DLSS3 and FS3, with RDR2 they did a good job with upscaling technologies. I hope they won't forget about Intel XeSS, Arc GPUs are improving with driver updates and Intel's AI upscaling is great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Comparison

Starfield system requirements which will release in September:
 

MINIMUM:
OS: Windows 10 version 22H2 (10.0.19045)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, Intel Core i7-6800K
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 5700, NVIDIA GeForce 1070 Ti
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: 125 GB available space
Additional Notes: SSD Required

 

RECOMMENDED:
OS: Windows 10/11 with updates
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X, Intel i5-10600K
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
DirectX: Version 12
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 125 GB available space
Additional Notes: SSD Required


https://store.steampowered.com/app/1716740/STARFIELD/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Joel Saleth
50 minutes ago, Gettin up said:

Comparison

Starfield system requirements which will release in September:
 

MINIMUM:
OS: Windows 10 version 22H2 (10.0.19045)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, Intel Core i7-6800K
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 5700, NVIDIA GeForce 1070 Ti
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: 125 GB available space
Additional Notes: SSD Required

 

RECOMMENDED:
OS: Windows 10/11 with updates
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X, Intel i5-10600K
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
DirectX: Version 12
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 125 GB available space
Additional Notes: SSD Required


https://store.steampowered.com/app/1716740/STARFIELD/

Wow 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Gettin up said:

Comparison

Starfield system requirements which will release in September:
 

MINIMUM:
OS: Windows 10 version 22H2 (10.0.19045)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, Intel Core i7-6800K
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 5700, NVIDIA GeForce 1070 Ti
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: 125 GB available space
Additional Notes: SSD Required

 

RECOMMENDED:
OS: Windows 10/11 with updates
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X, Intel i5-10600K
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
DirectX: Version 12
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 125 GB available space
Additional Notes: SSD Required


https://store.steampowered.com/app/1716740/STARFIELD/

Yeah but for Starfield I think even normal SATA SSD will suffice. Most of them are 450-550 MB/s

 

People on older Motherboards can just buy that if they don't plan to upgrade to a new motherboard, CPU etc. that has NVME support.

Edited by Yoona
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't expect the specs to be that crazy, cause their optimization game is always more than on par.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GTA V and RDR2 requirements were fairly tame for their time. Some of the more "future-proof" settings will no doubt be taxing, as was the case with RDR2. But it's basically guaranteed to play well on a good range of machines. If only because it'd mean a much larger audience for GTA VI's GTAO. 

 

I first played RDR2 on the same PC I built to play GTA V in late 2014 (GTX 980, 16 GB DDR3 and a 4790k). Ran surprisingly well on High/Medium 1080p on what was, at the time in 2019, a pretty well-worn 5 year old rig. Crazy how time flies, but I hope VI comes out before my 4080 gets up there in age. 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Joel Saleth

In the year 2017 I had A HP Laptop which was having a Nvidia Nvme graphics and GTA 5 had a little stuttering but I was able to complete the game in medium settings . In the year 2019 I got a RTX 2060 laptop with 6gb and was able to play RDR2 on max settings and I guess 45 fps came and no lags. I hope my laptop will still be able to play The next Untitled GTA game if it hopefully launches on PC day one 🙏

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not a betting man but if I were I'd say VI will one hundred percent require an SSD. I think most next gen only games will, the only reason they aren't standard now in all games is because the cross gen period has dragged on for longer than people thought, but we're now getting to the end of that.

 

Now on PC you can probably get away with a SATA SSD with these games, I'm not yet convinced that we'll see the full potential of NVMe's used for a while yet, but we'll see how that plays out. DirectStorage in Forspoken is crazy good though, the load times in that game are blink and you'll miss it.

 

Starfield's system requirements may end up being relatively close to VI's honestly. Starfield, like VI, is a game where they'll want to make it very accessible to a wide range of machines, plus Starfield has a lot of under the hood complexities that something like VI will match in it's own ways. I reckon VI may require more RAM/VRAM at the higher end mind you.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let's remember Xbox Series S exists. That console has a GPU weaker than Radeon RX 580 and infamous RX 6500.

 

I think almost everyone with RX 580 or GTX 1660 will at least be able to hit 1080p 30 fps in GTA VI. If you have a 6 Core CPU that is.

Edited by Yoona
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a Radeon RX580 but i plan to upgrade to nvidia closer to GTA 6 PC release...most likely somewhere in 2025...

Hopefully My ryzen 5 3600 6 core is enough...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Crateman said:

I have a Radeon RX580 but i plan to upgrade to nvidia closer to GTA 6 PC release...most likely somewhere in 2025...

Hopefully My ryzen 5 3600 6 core is enough...

Oh, hey, RX 580 brother! (4 GB only here)

 

Talking about GTA 6, I guess will be looking for RTX 3060 at least. RX 580 runs RDR 2 well but I'm afraid it might be not enough for decent settings of GTA 6.

  • Realistic Steak! 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Crateman said:

I have a Radeon RX580 but i plan to upgrade to nvidia closer to GTA 6 PC release...most likely somewhere in 2025...

Hopefully My ryzen 5 3600 6 core is enough...

It should be enough, but you can also upgrade to Ryzen 5 5600x or something that will be very cheap by 2025. AM4 motherboards allow for these upgrades.

 

But Ryzen 5 3600 has been doing better than console CPU's so far this generation.

3 minutes ago, Max96 said:

Oh, hey, RX 580 brother! (4 GB only here)

 

Talking about GTA 6, I guess will be looking for RTX 3060 at least. RX 580 runs RDR 2 well but I'm afraid it might be not enough for decent settings of GTA 6.

Oh 4 GB version, that won't be enough for GTA VI I'm sorry :(  But you still have a lot of time to upgrade.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Max96 said:

Oh, hey, RX 580 brother! (4 GB only here)

 

Talking about GTA 6, I guess will be looking for RTX 3060 at least. RX 580 runs RDR 2 well but I'm afraid it might be not enough for decent settings of GTA 6.

My RX 580 has 8 gb :fartkek:

Yes i Will wait until they announce the requisites but i Guess i need start saving money soon...in My country gpu prices are crazy...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Crateman said:

My RX 580 has 8 gb :fartkek:

Yes i Will wait until they announce the requisites but i Guess i need start saving money soon...in My country gpu prices are crazy...

Will you go for Nvidia or AMD next?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Yoona said:

Oh 4 GB version, that won't be enough for GTA VI I'm sorry :(  But you still have a lot of time to upgrade.

Sure thing. Bought this card from a friend for temp. usage (back when prices were crazy). Completed The Last of Us (patch 1.0.5.0, Medium preset), dat was a bit tough, but it did it (hope optimization of GTA 6 will be okay). Anyway, still got time to upgrade (maybe RAM too, mine's just 2666 MHz).

 

6 minutes ago, Crateman said:

My RX 580 has 8 gb :fartkek:

Yes i Will wait until they announce the requisites but i Guess i need start saving money soon...in My country gpu prices are crazy...

Indeed. Gathering money and waiting for news!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Yoona said:

Will you go for Nvidia or AMD next?

I think nvidia...i need to do some research i Guess :monocle:

Iam not keeping up much with new tech lately...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Crateman said:

I think nvidia...i need to do some research i Guess :monocle:

Iam not keeping up much with new tech lately...

The problem with Nvidia right now is their cheapest card with 12 GB VRAM costs $600 (RTX 4070)


But things may change by Fall 2024 or whenever GTA VI is released

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was looking for RTX 4060 but after watching some vids about it, I was just "Bruh"..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Max96 said:

Was looking for RTX 4060 but after watching some vids about it, I was just "Bruh"..

3060 Ti can be found for as much as 4060 will cost and it's faster.

 

But I just wouldn't buy 8 GB GPU in 2023, it will age super fast.

 

I have been recommending people buy Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB because it's the cheapest 12 GB GPU

Edited by Yoona
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Yoona said:

3060 Ti can be found for as much as 4060 will cost and it's faster.

 

But I just wouldn't buy 8 GB GPU in 2023, it will age super fast.

Right thing, I'd rather go for 12 GB one than for Ti (3060 case).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Max96 said:

Right thing, I'd rather go for 12 GB one than for Ti (3060 case).

Ah yeah 3060 has 12 gb variant but it's much slower than RX 6700 XT :/

 

But if you can find one for a good price then it's a decent upgrade for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Yoona said:

Ah yeah 3060 has 12 gb variant but it's much slower than RX 6700 XT :/

 

But if you can find one for a good price then it's a decent upgrade for you.

Anyway there are still some years ahead, maybe something will change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Yoona said:

I have been recommending people buy Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB because it's the cheapest 12 GB GPU

 

I'd say 6750XT is the better option considering how easily you can find it for almost the same price as 6700XT.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If PC version is delayed by few months or something I suppose some PC gamers would buy Xbox Series S, they are sold used for around $200.

 

But then you are forced to buy a digital copy that you won't be able to sell later when PC version comes out.

Edited by Yoona
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Yoona said:

If PC version is delayed by few months or something I suppose some PC gamers would buy Xbox Series S, they are sold used for around $200.

 

But then you are forced to buy a digital copy that you won't be able to sell later when PC version comes out.

Few months? More like 1 year, or even more..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Yoona said:

I have been recommending people buy Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB because it's the cheapest 12 GB GPU

Btw, is RX 6700 XT cheaper than RTX 3060 in your country?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Yoona said:

Let's remember Xbox Series S exists. That console has a GPU weaker than Radeon RX 580 and infamous RX 6500.

 

I think almost everyone with RX 580 or GTX 1660 will at least be able to hit 1080p 30 fps in GTA VI. If you have a 6 Core CPU that is.

 

It's easier to optimise for a specific set of hardware vs having to optimise for every combo with a 1660 or whatever though. Mix that in with console tricks, NVMe's as standard (low spec PC's are likely to have SATA SSD's at most) and better optimised dynamic resolution/FSR then the Series S is likely to be a far better experience for VI than any equivelant PC hardware. The S really is just an unbeatable package when it comes to performance/$, which is why I always roll my eyes when I see people moan about it. It's existence is a great thing IMO.

 

I do think VI PC will probably scale better than some modern PC games mind you, R* have such a wide audience that their games typically run well enough on a wide range of configurations, with more enhanced/future proof options locked behind an "advanced" menu.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Max96 said:

Btw, is RX 6700 XT cheaper than RTX 3060 in your country?

No but it can be found for around 50 dollars more and it's much powerful. I forgot 3060 has 12 GB if you can find them cheap it's still a decent upgrade from your 580 4 GB

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

 

It's easier to optimise for a specific set of hardware vs having to optimise for every combo with a 1660 or whatever though. Mix that in with console tricks, NVMe's as standard (low spec PC's are likely to have SATA SSD's at most) and better optimised dynamic resolution/FSR then the Series S is likely to be a far better experience for VI than any equivelant PC hardware. The S really is just an unbeatable package when it comes to performance/$, which is why I always roll my eyes when I see people moan about it. It's existence is a great thing IMO.

 

I do think VI PC will probably scale better than some modern PC games mind you, R* have such a wide audience that their games typically run well enough on a wide range of configurations, with more enhanced/future proof options locked behind an "advanced" menu.

Yes I know but 1060 used to outperform Series S in every game until recently.  But it's old now and it's Pascal arch which is not getting many optimizations now. But 1660 being Turing arch I think it can still offer similar performance to Series S in GTA VI even if you have to use FSR 2 which consoles will probably use as well.

Edited by Yoona
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The other part of the equation is CPU, RAM and storage as well. If you have a 1660 there's a good chance your CPU is old, your RAM is old and maybe in the 8-16gb range, and you're not likely to have a NVMe drive, or an SSD at all. The current gen consoles CPU's might start to become a bottleneck (hence Starfield 30fps) but they are still likely to be better than whatever is powering a rig with a 1660 or around there.

 

The game may still be playable on such a PC, but it may not really be comparative to the experience you'd get on an S in terms of fidelity and performance.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

The other part of the equation is CPU, RAM and storage as well. If you have a 1660 there's a good chance your CPU is old, your RAM is old and maybe in the 8-16gb range, and you're not likely to have a NVMe drive, or an SSD at all. The current gen consoles CPU's might start to become a bottleneck (hence Starfield 30fps) but they are still likely to be better than whatever is powering a rig with a 1660 or around there.

 

The game may still be playable on such a PC, but it may not really be comparative to the experience you'd get on an S in terms of fidelity and performance.

I previously mentioned people should be prepared to have 6 Core Ryzen or i5 and at least SATA 3 SSD.

 

16 GB of RAM minimum as well obviously.

 

But I agree Series S will be a great and cheap way to play GTA VI on day one.

 

Ryzen 5 CPU's are so cheap now a days I still can't believe I paid twice as much for Ryzen 5 5600x 2 years ago as it costs today. And there's even cheaper 6 core models!

 

I think many people will first decide to upgrade CPU and buy $50 1 TB SATA SSD instead of buying $300 + GPU's when they have limited funds.

Edited by Yoona
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.