GTA VI PC Discussion, Requirements...

Vice Cit

Are you planning on playing GTAVI on PC or Console?  

587 members have voted

1. 1. Are you planning on playing GTAVI on PC or Console?

• PC
    • Console

GTAmorethan5lessthan7

I guess what that ex-Rockstar dev meant to say is that Rockstar is living in 2001 and still thinks that PC is some kind of wizard tech that works god knows how, so instead of actually catching up, their main priority is to polish the game on consoles and once the game is out they can take their time and develop the PC version.

• Like 2

On 12/11/2023 at 4:05 PM, GraphiX said:

While he's saying these, he's wearing a sweetshirt with the Playstation logo. I definitely don't trust him. However, the fact that this game was not released on PC caused reaction and confusion. There needs to be good public pressure like change.org or something like that... It will put pressure on bringing the game to PC sooner.

Support these campaigns and make more people see them

https://www.change.org/p/gta-vi-s-simultaneous-pc-release-don-t-leave-pc-gamers-behind

https://www.change.org/p/urge-rockstar-and-take-two-to-simultaneously-release-gta-6-on-pc-and-console

https://www.change.org/p/pc-release-for-gta-vi-in-the-release-day

Ya'll still haven't learned about Rockstar and petitions? Dude, it's DOA. They will do things as they've always done and no petition is going to change that.

10 hours ago, GraphiX said:

Whatever wait till 2029

Do i look like I have enough time to wait ?

Expected day 1 release.

I don't understand why they piroritizes consoles to a platform which everyone mainly uses. GTA V on steam is in top 10. Not marketing, this thing won't work on me. Online ? They bought FiveM and CFX. Cheats ? [REDACTED]

Valve released CS2 with majority of playerbase's systems. Players have (or better than) 1650, 16GB RAM and a decent CPU. Runs around 60-80 FPS with high graphic settings.

V is released in PS3 and X360, after PS4's announcement, before the release.

York says games are buggy mess in PC but you are building this game on pc and aren't they have enough budget to build pcs (change cpus, gpus and other parts) and test ? Apologizes for being naive just trying to find answers.

Edited by Platface
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Platface said:

Expected day 1 release.

I just said to be prepared for the worst. Do you think I want to wait? A son of a b*tch company that didn't even port the 13 year old RDR to PC. Don't expect too much or nice things.

• Realistic Steak! 2

I think the PC version will come either in late 2026 or early 2027 ... depending on when the console versions release (early 2025 or later in 2025).

im not buying a console solely for GTA6 as consoles suck.... ill wait till 2050 for PC version but prolly be dead

• Bruh 1
  • KekCringe 1

5 hours ago, Platface said:

Expected day 1 release.

I don't understand why they piroritizes consoles to a platform which everyone mainly uses. GTA V on steam is in top 10. Not marketing, this thing won't work on me. Online ? They bought FiveM and CFX. Cheats ? [REDACTED]

Valve released CS2 with majority of playerbase's systems. Players have (or better than) 1650, 16GB RAM and a decent CPU. Runs around 60-80 FPS with high graphic settings.

V is released in PS3 and X360, after PS4's announcement, before the release.

York says games are buggy mess in PC but you are building this game on pc and aren't they have enough budget to build pcs (change cpus, gpus and other parts) and test ? Apologizes for being naive just trying to find answers.

York's excuses are pretty much bullsh*t. He's a dev, sure, but he's an animator, he will have very little to do with the actual porting work. He's also not an analyst in their marketing department or something, so he has no idea about what sells more than anyone else that can read sales charts. Basically any excuse Rockstar can give is bullsh*t and will be purely driven by either some financials we don't know about, like maybe there's a lot more double dippers than we think, or it's driven by some outdated ideology that they don't want their games to be "ruined" by mods immediately. It's bullsh*t to say they don't have the resources for day 1 PC, because, well, for one, they do have the resources. They have all the money in the world and could hire an entire team of devs purely for the PC version and it would be barely noticeable that they're even spending more money. And even if they genuinely didn't, then they would just be absolutely terribly mismanaging their resources if one version drops behind so much that it takes a presumably very large portion of the team another year to get a PC version out that still has some major issues (RDR2). They just genuinely don't have any excuses anymore these days. Consoles and PC are more similar than they have ever been, they make all the money in the world, piracy hasn't been an actual issue for sales since the 2000s, and the PC market these days is absolutely massive, literally bigger than the Xbox market. The hacker problem in Online? Not only could they actually fix it in current online if they so desperately wanted to, they can just f*cking avoid it in the next one in the first place. (And in both cases I mean reduce the number of hackers by like 95+%). So, really, all Rockstar can say is "we don't want to." and that is all they have.

• Realistic Steak! 6

BS_BlackScout
17 hours ago, Jason said:

It's probably true that they need more time, I believe it more than I believe the double dip PC stuff, I think that was mainly a thing on console.

I think they've just always been like this and simply haven't adapted to the times when it comes to PC because they see no reason to. Their support of PC, as proven by GTAO and RDO, is not a priority for them.

Which is hella weird in 2023 considering PC outsells Xbox and has, on occasion, outsold PlayStation. That's literally why other developers, like the traditionally console only Japanese developers, now develop on PC and treat it as a first class platform, because the market is too big to ignore and the market wants their games.

I mean look at this, lol: https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/capcom-says-it-will-make-pc-its-main-platform-going-forwards/

You know it's kind of funny, CAPCOM went from godawful PC ports made by third parties (Ubisoft doing Resident Evil 4 for PC in 2005, yuck, that port SUCKS) to being a PC first developer.

• Like 3

I know they will never do the following because: 1) console players would complain that the PC version has much more advanced graphics, and 2) even high-end PC gamers at the time of the game's release would complain about not being able to run it at maximum settings, at least at 60 fps. The only thing I want from the PC requirements is to have a game on console that can be chosen to run at 30 or 60 fps depending on whether one prefers better graphics or higher fps. I want the same option on PC, reminiscent of Crysis in 2007: if you push the game to its limits, it becomes unplayable, okay. But at least after 5-10 years, when pushing it to the max is no longer an issue, the game will still look good and have aged like fine wine.

25 minutes ago, Zeta87 said:

I know they will never do the following because: 1) console players would complain that the PC version has much more advanced graphics, and 2) even high-end PC gamers at the time of the game's release would complain about not being able to run it at maximum settings, at least at 60 fps. The only thing I want from the PC requirements is to have a game on console that can be chosen to run at 30 or 60 fps depending on whether one prefers better graphics or higher fps. I want the same option on PC, reminiscent of Crysis in 2007: if you push the game to its limits, it becomes unplayable, okay. But at least after 5-10 years, when pushing it to the max is no longer an issue, the game will still look good and have aged like fine wine.

R* literally do this already. The advanced settings tab in GTA V and RDR2 PC are future proof settings that are not recommended for the hardware at the time.

Of course, both these games launched before raytracing became a thing, so I suspect GTA VI PC will contain the full RT suite plus, in the advanced settings, pathtracing.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

R* literally do this already. The advanced settings tab in GTA V and RDR2 PC are future proof settings that are not recommended for the hardware at the time.

Of course, both these games launched before raytracing became a thing, so I suspect GTA VI PC will contain the full RT suite plus, in the advanced settings, pathtracing.

Red Dead Redemption 2 at 8K Max Settings:

You are absolutely right

• 2 weeks later...

What do you think will be the framerate limit of GTA 6's game engine? In GTA 5, it's 187-188, but realistically, to avoid stuttering, you might want to limit it to 120 or 144, I believe.

NightmanCometh96
7 hours ago, Zeta87 said:

What do you think will be the framerate limit of GTA 6's game engine? In GTA 5, it's 187-188, but realistically, to avoid stuttering, you might want to limit it to 120 or 144, I believe.

I'm not sure what the engine limit for RDR2 is, but I imagine VI would be similar to that, as both games are on newer iterations of RAGE than V was. I also wouldn't be surprised to see some physics and/or game mechanics tied to 30FPS at launch, especially since it's looking incredibly likely that the console versions will be locked at 30 and won't include any performance/40FPS @ 120Hz/VRR modes (e.g. cores draining faster at higher frame rates in RDR2, although this was fixed pretty quickly. However, minor issues such as cloth physics looking strange above 30FPS are still present, IIRC).

• 2 weeks later...

Do you think the PC version will differ from the console version? Like how it did back in the day when V came out on PC? 

Edited by lngtrw

Miss Darko
2 minutes ago, lngtrw said:

Do you think the PC version will differ from the console version? Like how ot did back in the day when V came out on PC? 

GTA V's PC version was sort of made to be in line with the PS4/Xbox One re-release of GTA V, with the same added features like the first person mode and more detailed car interiors.

With RDR2, the first person mode was there from the start, and I expect the same will be true of GTA VI. So, I suppose GTA VI's PC version will be more in line with RDR2's, unless next gen is around the corner by 2025.

In both cases the main difference between the console and PC versions is scalability, which will remain the case for VI, since that's the case for basically any PC version. PCs vary a lot more in hardware capability compared to consoles, so you'll have the option to tamp down settings, and also push them well past what's possible on console. There's a future-proofing element to this, which R* does accommodate for with their advanced graphical options. One of the raytracing features R* apparently decided couldn't make the cut for consoles was ray-traced shadows, which they experimented with for GTA V on current gen. I'm thinking they might have it as an option for PC. All of the RT effects at once will probably be too much for most PCs running at upscaled 4k 60fps, but it ensures GTA VI can still look its best years down the line when powerful enough machines become more accessible.

4 hours ago, Miss Darko said:

There's a future-proofing element to this, which R* does accommodate for with their advanced graphical options.

I wouldn't be surprised if NVIDIA and R* decide to partner up and add path tracing to VI once it comes out on PC. It'll massively boost the lighting compared to console releases and be great for future-proofing.

VitoCorleone1992
On 1/6/2024 at 10:03 AM, Miss Darko said:

GTA V's PC version was sort of made to be in line with the PS4/Xbox One re-release of GTA V, with the same added features like the first person mode and more detailed car interiors.

With RDR2, the first person mode was there from the start, and I expect the same will be true of GTA VI. So, I suppose GTA VI's PC version will be more in line with RDR2's, unless next gen is around the corner by 2025.

In both cases the main difference between the console and PC versions is scalability, which will remain the case for VI, since that's the case for basically any PC version. PCs vary a lot more in hardware capability compared to consoles, so you'll have the option to tamp down settings, and also push them well past what's possible on console. There's a future-proofing element to this, which R* does accommodate for with their advanced graphical options. One of the raytracing features R* apparently decided couldn't make the cut for consoles was ray-traced shadows, which they experimented with for GTA V on current gen. I'm thinking they might have it as an option for PC. All of the RT effects at once will probably be too much for most PCs running at upscaled 4k 60fps, but it ensures GTA VI can still look its best years down the line when powerful enough machines become more accessible.

Then when GTA VI: Expanded and Enhanced comes, PC will be left out again, at least for 3 years...which i say this while taking some copium that we might see it at least this year for GTA V. :sadkek:

Edited by VitoCorleone1992
  • Like 1

GTA VI comes to pc eventually 

sheesh... it remind me back in 2013-2014 ish, we argued about GTAV pc with @Silverwolf so bad, good old days never comback, things are changed by now.

BTW. R* is focused on consoles for now, PC is second part of their business till the timed exclusivity is expired.

Edited by Antaxi
  • Bonk! 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

VitoCorleone1992
13 hours ago, Antaxi said:

GTA VI comes to pc eventually 

sheesh... it remind me back in 2013-2014 ish, we argued about GTAV pc with @Silverwolf so bad, good old days never comback, things are changed by now.

BTW. R* is focused on consoles for now, PC is second part of their business till the timed exclusivity is expired.

I would get so surprised if they released GTA VI on PC same date as consoles.

On 1/6/2024 at 1:03 PM, Miss Darko said:

One of the raytracing features R* apparently decided couldn't make the cut for consoles was ray-traced shadows, which they experimented with for GTA V on current gen.

Are you referring to the current-gen version of V? If you are, it wasn't ray-traced shadows. But ray-traced ambient occlusion.

The files containing the settings are outdated by now, but R* may not have made much changes in regards to RTAO.

<RTAmbientOcclusion_Enabled value="false" tags="quality" />
<RTAmbientOcclusion_Enabled value="false" tags="performance_rt_1440" />
<RTAmbientOcclusion_Enabled value="false" tags="performance" />

The following settings are enabled to apply RTAO to fill lights. (Light Bulbs/LOD Lights)

<RTApplyAOToFillLights value="true" tags="quality" />
<RTApplyAOToFillLights value="true" tags="performance_rt_1440" />
<RTApplyAOToFillLights value="false" tags="performance" />

But I am not sure if these are actually enabled regardless of the above settings being disabled.

Spoiler

The "Apply RTAO to fill Lights" variable is used within the "DeferredLighting::SetLightShaderParams" function that's called by "Lights::RenderSceneLights" function. But that's all behind a boolean variable that I can't seem to locate where it's used or assigned a value.

So it may be dev-only or it's tied to "RTAmbientOcclusion_Enabled", but unfinished?

I don't recall any visible improvements towards light bulbs/street lights or vehicle headlights from the graphics comparisons. So RTAO may still be disabled or cut. And if it is, it does make sense considering how performance taxing that would be.

Edited by Tez2

Miss Darko
39 minutes ago, Tez2 said:

Are you referring to the current-gen version of V? If you are, it wasn't ray-traced shadows. But ray-traced ambient occlusion.

I'm referring to that whole update where they added ray-traced shadows and reflections to GTA V on PS5 and Xbox Series X.

On 1/6/2024 at 11:44 AM, lngtrw said:

Do you think the PC version will differ from the console version? Like how it did back in the day when V came out on PC? 

Better graphics options available thru settings than console (if u have the hardware obv) 

Otherwise I don't think so.

Ok let's be honest the sh*ttiest part about GTA VI PC release is that we know it's coming, but it's delayed on purpose.

And it's so f*cking infuriating ffs.

Kilowog01

If there are any programmers reading this, I think we should have an extension made exclusively to block GTA VI spoilers. I can wait another year, even two years. But I can't stop using all social media for so long, especially YouTube. And of course there will be thumbnails and titles like "How to save Lucia from being killed in the train mission", "My reaction to Jason getting 64 shots in the head from the police in the final mission", "Is it possible to stop Jason from getting that cancer that will kill him in mission 69? SPOILER: NO!" and things like that.
And of course, there will be several evil varieties to deliver the spoiler directly to your beautiful retinas. Like for example the guy who will confuse VI with IV, the one who will write GTA 6, and the guy who won't even write the name of the game in the title.

54 minutes ago, Kilowog01 said:

If there are any programmers reading this, I think we should have an extension made exclusively to block GTA VI spoilers. I can wait another year, even two years. But I can't stop using all social media for so long, especially YouTube. And of course there will be thumbnails and titles like "How to save Lucia from being killed in the train mission", "My reaction to Jason getting 64 shots in the head from the police in the final mission", "Is it possible to stop Jason from getting that cancer that will kill him in mission 69? SPOILER: NO!" and things like that.
And of course, there will be several evil varieties to deliver the spoiler directly to your beautiful retinas. Like for example the guy who will confuse VI with IV, the one who will write GTA 6, and the guy who won't even write the name of the game in the title.

Yeah we are screwed but I will watch the entire walkthrough from GTA Series Videos. Those guys will play for us. Straight to the point, no commentary gameplay.

Edited by Platface

Montana...

If my 13700KF / 4090 isn't up to par then I'll go front there. I'd like my next build to be focused on being able to run 3840x1600 at less than 550 watts, so if I can't get 60+fps doing it then f*ck it I'll wait longer. Probably unrealistic... I'll likely need a sub zero freezer to keep temps in check on whatever 1600 watt GPU is needed to run at 4k UW around 30fps. If that's the case, then and only then will I consider a console - which would suck on my monitor basically turning a 38" UW into a 32" with black bars on the sides.

I'm not opposed to consoles, they just won't work with my setup very well. Honestly, at the rate PCs are increasing the wattage needed and decreasing games worth buying, this might be the last one I build for a VERY long time. Actually the reason I rebuilt from an 11700 / 3080ti was because the current setup undervolts better and I bought my 4090 from someone selling used and clearly needing the money. I use the same amount of power and get better performance doing it. But it'll be the last time I spend this much on a rig and my goal is to stretch it 3 maybe 4 years. Maybe a 16500k and 6060ti will be about the time I consider GTA 6 for PC lol.

Who knows. Too much speculation here. Just expect the worst. I fully expect to have the game spoiled for me. Sucks but that's the way it is now days. The only thing I browse are YT and occasionally this site, and I can avoid this place.

Rockstar can suck a fat one with their wait times for PC players. 

Edited by SM00V 0PERAT0R

Some of you talking about how you can't wait for it to come to PC thus going to get a console while I'm actually negotiating with myself if I even should get it on RGL to begin with and just wait all the way for it to come to Steam, as that's where I like my games and that's what I like to use.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a die hard fan of GTA just like the rest of you and can't wait to play GTAVI but falling for the tactics of these blood sucking greedy corporates being forced out of my preferred ways by getting a console just because some greedy pigs can't get enough of the billions they made and the billions they're going to make? or actually encourage Rockstar by supporting their sales tactics delaying the PC release for every new game treating their PC fanbase like second citizen dogsh*t?

Then we have RDR2, which for many of us consider it to be the best SP game to date, the level of detail and just how advanced and amazing it is (not to mention how good of a story on top of that) makes one even more excited for GTAVI as it's going to be even more detailed and advanced than RDR2 (or any game for that matter) but Rockstar has taking it too far with their greedy tactics, PC gamers are cursed with Rockstar, giving us the best games out there but with a price (making us wait), which some of us will be paying without thinking twice even though it won't be easy.

So Rockstar don't worry I won't get a console or pay you twice for the same game, I'll happily pay you once when it's where and how I like while spend my money on other things I actually need instead of helping you make your billions into trillions or whatever your aim is.

Edited by _MK_
  • Like 3

x_by_mkiiix_d9bfnxe_by_mkiiix-dc0qcs9.pn

Moncastler
32 minutes ago, _MK_ said:

Some of you talking about how you can't wait for it to come to PC thus going to get a console while I'm actually negotiating with myself if I even should get it on RGL to begin with and just wait all the way for it to come to Steam, as that's where I like my games and that's what I like to use.

This is actually something that I'm realizing it's affecting my purchases, recently I gave at look at Alan Wake 2 and from what I understand it's a timed Epic exclusive that will eventually come to Steam. Well, I wasn't really in a hurry to play Alan Wake 2, but I decided to wait for the Steam release. I bought the retail version of GTA V and got RDR2 day one on RGL, back in the day one launcher was equal to another for me but now I wish I would have bought them on Steam. I'm also looking to move more stuff to Linux and, even though it's not difficult to set up RGL through other software (like Bottles or Lutris), Steam is literally the only launcher available there and Valve is doing a tremendous job to give people an alternative to Windows.

I don't want to say "I will surely wait for it come out on Steam", it's going to be difficult to wait even more time while everyone else is playing it... But in the case I decide to go for a console day one version, it's pretty safe to say that I'll wait for a Steam release :)

7 minutes ago, Moncastler said:

This is actually something that I'm realizing it's affecting my purchases, recently I gave at look at Alan Wake 2 and from what I understand it's a timed Epic exclusive that will eventually come to Steam. Well, I wasn't really in a hurry to play Alan Wake 2, but I decided to wait for the Steam release. I bought the retail version of GTA V and got RDR2 day one on RGL, back in the day one launcher was equal to another for me but now I wish I would have bought them on Steam. I'm also looking to move more stuff to Linux and, even though it's not difficult to set up RGL through other software (like Bottles or Lutris), Steam is literally the only launcher available there and Valve is doing a tremendous job to give people an alternative to Windows.

I don't want to say "I will surely wait for it come out on Steam", it's going to be difficult to wait even more time while everyone else is playing it... But in the case I decide to go for a console day one version, it's pretty safe to say that I'll wait for a Steam release :)

Man, I can't wait to get a new pc for my games and GTA 6. 6 pc version might kill all other games for me on MX Linux on a new pc.

Sadly I have to use Windows 10 debloated for now with my 2011 pc with igpu. Tried GTA IV and V in Linux Mint in Lutris Flatpak,

the stutters on Intel hd 3000 made me jump to Windows 10 (was not expecting this for myself since I was a Windows 7 guy).

Intstringeger

Alan Wake 2 was funded and published by Epic, it seems unlikely it will ever be on Steam. I don't know what the situation with the Max Payne remakes is, I hope Epic has nothing to do with those and there are no exclusivity.

Rage on PC need small update to turn RT is on

Who knows maybe R* plans update engine in this year

Hao garage hinted n' placed in Salvage yard missions