GTA VI PC Discussion, Requirements...

Vice Cit

Are you planning on playing GTAVI on PC or Console?  

587 members have voted

1. 1. Are you planning on playing GTAVI on PC or Console?

• PC
    • Console

2 minutes ago, RecklessGlue540 said:

Pretty sure all games run on PC builds in development...

Not true, obviously the platform software is being developed on doesn't have to be the same as the target platform. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jakub1904 said:

Not true, obviously the platform software is being developed on doesn't have to be the same as the target platform. 

Have you not seen the leak last year showing whole PC build? there wasn't any 40xx series during that time got leak by a hacker 

1 minute ago, TheBigX said:

Have you not seen the leak last year showing whole PC build? there wasn't any 40xx series during that time got leak by a hacker 

I have seen those leaks and yeah, it seems like it was an actual PC build. Where did I say it wasn't? Maybe you are quoting the wrong person, I was replying to a guy who said that all games "run" on PC builds in development, which is not true.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xtra510 said:

Do you guys think it will release on pc day 1. Im debating to get a series x on black friday for christmas 

you'll have plenty of time to see if it does and buy yourself a console, keep some money to the side 

I hope it's on PC too but meh I'll get a PS5 if it comes down to it 

nicktestbranch

I don't see a reason for them to break precedent and release it to PC on day one, as nice as that'd be. I'll probably get a Series X ahead of release.

8 minutes ago, Germaneira said:

I upgraded the processor just to play this game, I hope it runs smoothly in at least full HD :)

What CPU?  Might need to put more RAM as well if you saw above, will probably need at least 12 GB or more (I think will be 16 at least), unless you already done that.

Everyone gotta upgrade to Windows 10 or above when they can, as support will end.

I still need to save a lot more for a new GPU:bruh:

Edited by 44Orca

2dQaqi9.png purple-diamond-gem.gif

3 minutes ago, 44Orca said:

What CPU?  Might need to put more RAM as well if you saw above, will probably need at least 12 GB or more (I think will be 16 at least), unless you already done that.

Everyone gotta upgrade to Windows 10 or above when they can, as support will end.

I still need to save a lot more for a new GPU:bruh:

i have:

RTX 2070 super

Ryzen 7 5700x

16 gb ram 2666mhz

Maybe I have to put a memory with a higher MHz

2 minutes ago, Frantz Fuchs said:

The thing is, the audience will be wherever the game is. Rockstar know this. There's no desperation to release on PC day 1. They will buy it, and some/many console gamers will double dip for the better experience. It's in Rockstars interest to do console first, then PC.

jlm5lRl.png

🌴                    🌴                    🌴                     🌴                    🌴                    🌴 

1 minute ago, Frantz Fuchs said:

I’ve always doubted steams internal numbers 

CS GO is dead on twitch & yet is somehow ALWAYS the most played game in the world according to valves numbers 

and I played a lot of cs , including the beta for CS 2. I got 1200 hours in CS so I actually enjoy the game a lot. 

But the numbers don’t add up, not that many people in my circle of gamers talk cs either. 

I think Val will overtake cs in a decade 

4 minutes ago, Frantz Fuchs said:

Still, how many of those steam users have a PC good enough to play GTA6? And how many of those PSN players are PS5 (assuming GTA6 wont work on PS4)

Just now, Len Lfc said:

The thing is, the audience will be wherever the game is. Rockstar know this. There's no desperation to release on PC day 1. They will buy it, and some/many console gamers will double dip for the better experience. It's in Rockstars interest to do console first, then PC.

I'd say the one desperation and Rockstar interest for releasing on PC day one is shifting as many copies as possible in the first day/week/month. They're unlikely to beat GTA Vs initial sale numbers even with PC, because everyone and their grandma had a PS3 or 360 in 2013, but they would fall even shorter without PC and I reckon investors would love to hear that they got close or beat the record.

2 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

True, though how many people double dip? will it be worth the bad press as PC gaming is booming? idk, guess we'll see

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Oldboy_ said:

I’ve always doubted steams internal numbers 

CS GO is dead on twitch & yet is somehow ALWAYS the most played game in the world according to valves numbers 

and I played a lot of cs , including the beta for CS 2. I got 1200 hours in CS so I actually enjoy the game a lot. 

But the numbers don’t add up, not that many people in my circle of gamers talk cs either. 

I think Val will overtake cs in a decade 

It's because CSGO runs on a potato and literally everyone that plays even one PC game on their work laptop every once in a while will have a Steam account. Games like CS, that run on anything, are always really popular in poorer countries or countries with terrible regional pricing for games and hardware. Think Russia, Brazil, whole swaths of the third world.

Just now, Frantz Fuchs said:

True, though how many people double dip? will it be worth the bad press as PC gaming is booming? idk, guess we'll see

GTA VI is the one game that can get away with it. It's just too big.

jlm5lRl.png

🌴                    🌴                    🌴                     🌴                    🌴                    🌴 

Just now, Len Lfc said:

I bought GTA V twice, once on Xbox 360 and once on PC.

7 minutes ago, joeri said:

Still, how many of those steam users have a PC good enough to play GTA6? And how many of those PSN players are PS5 (assuming GTA6 wont work on PS4)

Cyberpunk 2077 sold 8 million copies on PC. If you can run that you would most likely be able to run gta6. So it's at least 10 million potential PC sales at the bare minimum

Totallycasual

I find it baffling that some of you are buying components or even entire PC's in anticipation of this game, even if the PC version manages to release alongside the console one (and that's a f*cking big IF), it's still a long way off, lots of time for things to happen in the PC hardware market. 

3 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

Well, keep in mind that they're not really making most of their money from sales. The big money is in microtransactions and subscriptions. Bring GTA VI and subsequently Online 2 or whatever to PC day one, along with GTA+, and you got that plus shark card sales... I reckon the amount of double dippers is tiny compared to the mountain of cash to be made from shark cards and GTA+

4 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

It's in Rockstars interest to do console first, then PC.

GTAO2 is the spanner in the works IMO.

We saw this with GTAO1 and especially with RDRO, with it's seasonal content (battle passes). If they stagger the PC release, even by as little as 3-6 months, it still stunt GTAO PC's launch as you'll be playing catch up, or altogether simply not be able to get the same rewards console players have because that content is no longer active.

You also have cross progression and, potentially, cross platform, and the impact a staggered PC launch would have on fairness in all aspects there.

I'm by no means saying PC day 1 is a certain, I wouldn't like to put money on it, but at the same time I wouldn't like to put money on PC being later either.

But I will say that it'd be really worrying to all PC players if it's not day 1, as that is a massive sign that Rockstar are going to continue to treat PC players like second class citizens, even after acquiring Cfx. Every other multi plat studio does PC day 1 just fine now so whatever excuse Rockstar would use, it'd be a poor one. Also, PC day 1 would ensure they set records that just blow everything out of the water. PC is the second biggest platform behind PS for multi plat releases and in some cases is the biggest platform for multi platform games. It's a f*cking gigantic install base to ignore nowadays, which is why everyone but Nintendo now supports PC.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Xtra510 said:

Do you guys think it will release on pc day 1. Im debating to get a series x on black friday for christmas 

I hope they do PC release at launch or not long after. I know it seems more likely they wont, but it seems to me they might. I mean the Rockstar Games launcher came out after Red Dead II's PC release, right? Not that it's any indicator, but I think it's a shame to not try and make use of it on release.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

GTAO2 is the spanner in the works IMO.

We saw this with GTAO1 and especially with RDRO, with it's seasonal content (battle passes). If they stagger the PC release, even by as little as 3-6 months, it still stunt GTAO PC's launch as you'll be playing catch up, or altogether simply not be able to get the same rewards console players have because that content is no longer active.

You also have cross progression and, potentially, cross platform, and the impact a staggered PC launch would have on fairness in all aspects there.

I'm by no means saying PC day 1 is a certain, I wouldn't like to put money on it, but at the same time I wouldn't like to put money on PC being later either.

But I will say that it'd be really worrying to all PC players if it's not day 1, as that is a massive sign that Rockstar are going to continue to treat PC players like second class citizens, even after acquiring Cfx. Every other multi plat studio does PC day 1 just fine now so whatever excuse Rockstar would use, it'd be a poor one. Also, PC day 1 would ensure they set records that just blow everything out of the water. PC is the second biggest platform behind PS for multi plat releases and in some cases is the biggest platform for multi platform games. It's a f*cking gigantic install base to ignore nowadays, which is why everyone but Nintendo now supports PC.

Yeah I think a PC release within 1 month, if not day 1, is the best business strategy. Double dipping is cool but market  penetration of consoles isn't what it was like in 2013, and you don't want to hobble your multiplayer system too early. That being said, I own a PS5 mostly so my girlfriend can watch netflix and I hedged my bets on a not day 1 release. I'm part of the problem :cringekek:

11 minutes ago, Ser_Salty said:

I'd say the one desperation and Rockstar interest for releasing on PC day one is shifting as many copies as possible in the first day/week/month. They're unlikely to beat GTA Vs initial sale numbers even with PC, because everyone and their grandma had a PS3 or 360 in 2013, but they would fall even shorter without PC and I reckon investors would love to hear that they got close or beat the record.

You're underestimating it. Copies don't matter; revenue does. There's a very high chance they'll outdo GTAV's $1B mark even with a console-only release in late 2024. RDR2 sold as fast as GTAV five years ago. You seriously think GTAVI won't do better?

5 minutes ago, JohnCGaming said:

Yeah I think a PC release within 1 month, if not day 1, is the best business strategy. Double dipping is cool but market  penetration of consoles isn't what it was like in 2013, and you don't want to hobble your multiplayer system too early. That being said, I own a PS5 mostly so my girlfriend can watch netflix and I hedged my bets on a not day 1 release. I'm part of the problem :cringekek:

I never understood that. Netflix comes built into smart tvs now.

Bruh the current consoles already strugle getting 30fps with current games.... I don't want non of that buw shiet R*. I don't want that soapy screen, low fps game on the consoles. Give me that nice 4K Ultra experience on PC. 

Just now, Frantz Fuchs said:

I never understood that. Netflix comes built into smart tvs now.

My TV predates smart TVs. :kekw: I'm probably going to replace it next year though. I do play sports games on it at least. Regardless, I'm still feeling PC release day 1.

1 minute ago, Dr. Ugs said:

Bruh the current consoles already strugle getting 30fps with current games.... I don't want non of that buw shiet R*. I don't want that soapy screen, low fps game on the consoles. Give me that nice 4K Ultra experience on PC. 

Clearly false. All games come with a quality or performance toggle. If the PS5 can run Alan Wake 2 at 60fps, it will run VI at 60fps