Jump to content
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Criminal Enterprises
      2. Updates
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Blood Money
      2. Frontier Pursuits
      3. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      4. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. Bugs*
      2. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Classic GTA SA
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Classic GTA VC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Classic GTA III
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

How do you trigger Uncle's "home remedy" item request?


lol232
 Share

Recommended Posts

I more or less completed everything and more, the last thing I'm missing is pretty much that.

 

Is there a surefire way to get Uncle to ask you? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First off, make sure you don't have any of the request items. I've been given requests while having the items, such as Mary Beth's pen and Dutch's pipe, but it seems to make the requests considerably less likely to pop.

 

Quickest and most reliable way I know of is after American Venom, sleep until noon, hop on your horse, save outside of Beecher's towards Tall Trees, then reload. After spawning back in, head back to Beecher's on foot. (Also seems to have worked more often if you head there on horseback but just trot the whole way to the house instead of sprinting.)

 

Other than that, he should ask given there's no other events going on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, subvod said:

First off, make sure you don't have any of the request items. I've been given requests while having the items, such as Mary Beth's pen and Dutch's pipe, but it seems to make the requests considerably less likely to pop.

 

Quickest and most reliable way I know of is after American Venom, sleep until noon, hop on your horse, save outside of Beecher's towards Tall Trees, then reload. After spawning back in, head back to Beecher's on foot. (Also seems to have worked more often if you head there on horseback but just trot the whole way to the house instead of sprinting.)

 

Other than that, he should ask given there's no other events going on.

I completed all the requests (except Lenny's that I never received but it's a watch anyway). I'll give the method a shot!

 

Edit: Yeah, it triggered. But that method didn't work quite like that, I had to tweak it a bit. Every damn time I reloaded all that happened was that, in 90% cases, Uncle was moving hay bale by the barn. Nothing changed. So what I did was go outside a bit, set up a camp, fast travel to McFarlane ranch and fast travel back to Beecher's hope. Then all the events around had reset, and I stood at the porch and Uncle approached me. Thanks!

Edited by lol232
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, lol232 said:

I completed all the requests (except Lenny's that I never received but it's a watch anyway). I'll give the method a shot!

 

Edit: Yeah, it triggered. But that method didn't work quite like that, I had to tweak it a bit. Every damn time I reloaded all that happened was that, in 90% cases, Uncle was moving hay bale by the barn. Nothing changed. So what I did was go outside a bit, set up a camp, fast travel to McFarlane ranch and fast travel back to Beecher's hope. Then all the events around had reset, and I stood at the porch and Uncle approached me. Thanks!


Do you recall what time you got back to Beecher's after traveling? I'll put it in my notes doc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, subvod said:


Do you recall what time you got back to Beecher's after traveling? I'll put it in my notes doc.

Not sure, maybe 15:00-16:00? I travelled from (near) Beecher's at noon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, lol232 said:

Not sure, maybe 15:00-16:00? I travelled from (near) Beecher's at noon.

 

That may be a better time frame, now that I think of it. I always thought it'd be worse of a chance because late evenings usually have Abigail, Jack, and Uncle around the fire.

 

Good to hear it worked out, though. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.