2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

No channels or shows on Roman's old TV

TenAte108

TenAte108

I started a new game and I opened the TV to watch something while eating but all I see and hear is BSHDHSHASHSHSHSHHSHSZSHSHHH

no shows or channels, I remember there used to be couple of shows like the american boring history show and men's room and the weapons review programme before seeing more on Playboy X's TV and Algonquinn apartment

is this a bug or should I wait until bohan's chapter comes so I can watch legit TV?

it's kinda sad and depressing to be honest, all I do in GTA 4 now is hanging out with Karen and Roman and going for shows and robbing laundries and hunting down gruppe 6 stockades

cant remember

Maybe it's one of the things they cut from the latest version? Vladivostok FM and another radio station I didn't listen to were deleted too.

billiejoearmstrong8

When you change the tv channel I believe it's completely random whether you get static or a tv show each time you press the button (and also completely random which channel/which show/at what point in the show it is), so you can hit static multiple times in a row. Could it be possible that you pressed it a few times and were just unlucky to only hit static each time? No idea how many times you pressed it so don't know if it could be. That or it could've just been a random glitch that time you played?

The tv doesn't change throughout the story so I don't think waiting would make a difference. I can remember the first time I ever played IV the first thing I did when I arrived in Roman's apartment was watch some tv so it should be available from the start.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

TenAte108
21 hours ago, cant remember said:

Maybe it's one of the things they cut from the latest version? Vladivostok FM and another radio station I didn't listen to were deleted too.

Vladivostock is in the game with Glukoza song not deleted, It's the retail 2009 version

16 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

When you change the tv channel I believe it's completely random whether you get static or a tv show each time you press the button (and also completely random which channel/which show/at what point in the show it is), so you can hit static multiple times in a row. Could it be possible that you pressed it a few times and were just unlucky to only hit static each time? No idea how many times you pressed it so don't know if it could be. That or it could've just been a random glitch that time you played?

The tv doesn't change throughout the story so I don't think waiting would make a difference. I can remember the first time I ever played IV the first thing I did when I arrived in Roman's apartment was watch some tv so it should be available from the start.

No LOL I pressed like 30 times and no channels just static bhshshshhshshsh

but I know that Playboy X's and panorama TV's got no static

billiejoearmstrong8
11 hours ago, TenAte108 said:

Vladivostock is in the game with Glukoza song not deleted, It's the retail 2009 version

No LOL I pressed like 30 times and no channels just static bhshshshhshshsh

but I know that Playboy X's and panorama TV's got no static

That's odd, I also have the original version (Xbox 360 disc) with all the songs still on it, but Roman's TV works fine from the beginning. Has it happened more than once? Could've just been a glitch that time you loaded the game.

In any case all the TVs show the same shows throughout the game. So once you get another apartment if the TV works there you won't be missing anything on Roman's one.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

TenAte108
1 hour ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

That's odd, I also have the original version (Xbox 360 disc) with all the songs still on it, but Roman's TV works fine from the beginning. Has it happened more than once? Could've just been a glitch that time you loaded the game.

In any case all the TVs show the same shows throughout the game. So once you get another apartment if the TV works there you won't be missing anything on Roman's one.

No it was only this once, the static thing is kinda killing my temper, i want to have full realistic long playthrough, i want Niko to enjoy everything before the ending

• Like 1

TenAte108
Posted (edited)

Turns out that my movie folder components got corrupted somehow and I found this video showing me how to fix it but there is still another problem: 

why the channels keep replaying and not just keep playing when not watching them

Edited by TenAte108
grammar

TenAte108

Ok ummm I reinstalled the game again from it's CD and it turns out that installed bik convertor software and setting it as a default program can corrupt some files under .bik format so that's why my TV was bugged, reinstalling the game fixed it also forget that video I shared above their movie folder files are probably trimmed and not full or official but if someone comes here and wondering the same because their game is pirated or missing the TV files they can use the video above.

• Like 1