3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Need for Speed: Unbound

StreetLife102

1 hour ago, StreetLife102 said:

The tire smokes kinda reminds me of FR Legends. It's a great drifting game on mobile

Image may contain: car | Formula drift, Drifting, Instagram

Drift photos in fr legends, do you like? : r/Goosiest

Toyota AE86

Thats funny cause there's a ps2 game called automodellista that had a cel shaded style. Its one of the games i immediately thought of when i saw the trailer

StreetLife102
42 minutes ago, sabitsuki said:

Thats funny cause there's a ps2 game called automodellista that had a cel shaded style. Its one of the games i immediately thought of when i saw the trailer

I also noticed that when I first played FR Legends. It has the black outline thing in the 3d car models and the tire effect when you drift.. not the tire smoke, there's another tire effect when you drift

Hopefully there's an option in the settings where we can reduce the amount of cartoon stuff going on around our car. Because I don't want some random art stuff appearing all around my screen when I activate the nitrous and it's kinda distracting

LEAF LINKS CARTEL

Shooting it straighter than Tiger Wood's swing - Become a Leaf Links Cartel golfer!

6 hours ago, StreetLife102 said:

fdbvJmPS9TdV6oWTpCcneoDJVY8_faP0tho901M2S-4-iKzzpWOj4bqKV9Bjz8xUOnkpT93nQs10=s640-nd-v1-rwa

from the official Need for Speed YouTube channel

I played these types of games as kid on arcade back in early 2000 :kekw: .

it was same funky and with that kind of aesthetics .

Edited by Ondr4H

For you boring people.

:^)

27 minutes ago, Jason said:

For you boring people.

:^)

Thanks for the heads up with that. Sounds good. Tbh though the effects are already growing on me. I'll probably leave them on. They're not THAT bad imho. It's just at first glance it was kinda meh. I think this design style will be worth it in the end/more will like it than don't. Just my opinion🙂

Quick edit: Maybe someone out there will be able to create a mod or mods to remove specific effect overlays for instance if you don't want to see wings when you go airborne or w/e turn that part off specifically but leave everything else on. 

Edited by Tru Company

I welcome that news. I mean, I'll try out the effects. It might give me some childhood nostalgia for games of the past that were just aimed and injecting a bit of fun. I kind of think that's what Japanese games are all about. They always go for the fun and fantastical and less for the realism. And realism is nice but there's also room for plain fun. I'm still not convinced but that's just a personal preference. I can always play Forza for something a bit more realistic "boring!" 😜

Downloading NFS: Heat. It's only €7.99 to buy on Xbox in a sale. But, it's on Game Pass, so I'm just going to try it out. I played it briefly on PS5 in my mates and wasn't too impressed. Although I love the setting and art direction; purple neon lights, greenish twilight skies etc. 

I installed NFS 2015 to see if what it's like on Series X. I saw some vids "4K, 60fps"  - the f*ck it is. It's 30fps, and 1080p stretched. It was an unplayable eyesore. I installed it because I thought it was the most Underground looking NFS since U2. Uninstalled it immediately. 

Edited by Mister Pink
  • Realistic Steak! 2

The McLaren DLC for Heat is also free on Xbox for the week if that would be of any interest to anybody.

It's just one car with a few challenges to be fair, but it's not like Heat got much post-release content sadly. It's something though at least.

I actually downloaded Heat to try it out. It's not bad. It kind of has an Underground aesthetic perhaps even more than NFS 2015 did. I haven't dug into enough to make a complete judgement. I'll give it a few more hours and see if I like it. 

Creed Bratton

I'm not a fan of racing games, but I'm really digging the art style of this game.

Seeing that you can customize the effects and reading that you can toggle them off if you want, that's a major plus for the game. Not everyone likes it, and at first I was turned away by them, thinking that it would be one style, permanent, unchangeable. But the more I see of it the more I actually like the effects. Some seem a bit too out there for me but eh who cares let it be wacky and different. It looks fun. Despite the fact it'll be $70, I think I'm buying it day one anyways. Hope it's worth it in the end with the amount of time I play it for and the enjoyment I find from it. 

Edited by Tru Company

StreetLife102
6 hours ago, Mister Pink said:

I actually downloaded Heat to try it out. It's not bad. It kind of has an Underground aesthetic perhaps even more than NFS 2015 did. I haven't dug into enough to make a complete judgement. I'll give it a few more hours and see if I like it. 

Heat's price on Steam actually went down to 3 dollars from 60 dollars.. I dunno why. Did you bought Heat during its 95% discount offer? The offer ended yesterday or few hours ago

LEAF LINKS CARTEL

Shooting it straighter than Tiger Wood's swing - Become a Leaf Links Cartel golfer!

8 hours ago, StreetLife102 said:

Heat's price on Steam actually went down to 3 dollars from 60 dollars.. I dunno why. Did you bought Heat during its 95% discount offer? The offer ended yesterday or few hours ago

Wow, super discount. I opted not to buy it but to download it via Game Pass Ultimate which includes EA Play. I was tempted just to own it at that price but I have just renewed GPU for a year. If I enjoy it I'll buy it at next sale. It wasn't as cheao as Steam, it was €7.99 but still great value. 

• Like 2

Edward RDRIII

I can see this style being adopted by other games if it's successful.

• KekCringe 1

StreetLife102

New trailer

Why does ASAP keeps on saying "They say it pays the cost to be the boss,time to show'em who's in charge" on the trailer? :kekw: The comments section is hilarious

LEAF LINKS CARTEL

Customization looks pretty nice!

2 hours ago, StreetLife102 said:

Why does ASAP keeps on saying "They say it pays the cost to be the boss,time to show'em who's in charge" on the trailer? :kekw: The comments section is hilarious

I thought it might have been because of the split clips they did on their Twitter. Clearly not, lol.

Edited by DEADWOODZ
  • Like 2

I think the phrase to sum this game up right now for everyone is cautiously optimistic.

It's NFS, which has been all over the place for over a decade now, it's EA, who need no explanation, and it's from a studio that's been gutted to hell and back and rebuilt.

Fingers and toes crossed.

• Like 3

On 10/26/2022 at 11:32 PM, Jason said:

I think the phrase to sum this game up right now for everyone is cautiously optimistic.

It's NFS, which has been all over the place for over a decade now, it's EA, who need no explanation, and it's from a studio that's been gutted to hell and back and rebuilt.

Fingers and toes crossed.

But it's still on Frostbite tho

https://www.komputerswiat.pl/gamezilla/artykuly/nfs-unbound-jest-jak-underground-na-silniku-heat-rozmawiamy-z-kieranem-crimminsem-z/j428rnp

(In Polish)

Yea I heard about that one. NFS on Frostbite has sorta been okay technical wise and tbf there's not many other options for open world racing games in terms of engine, open world nor racing has ever been UE's strong point even though there's been improvements to open world stuff with UE5.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StreetLife102 said:

Another one

Nice they used a 90's Techno classic for the music. 

• Like 3

Listen EA, for the love of god, just give us some decent length unbroken gameplay. Race footage, open world, customisation, give is a decent look. It's like watching that Taken fence scene every time they put out new footage, it makes it really difficult to really get a good idea of the gameplay flow, customisation, open world stuff, etc.

• Like 2
  • YEE 1

• 2 weeks later...
StreetLife102
8 minutes ago, Bigglo145 said:

Ngl, that car build is so damn ugly

How? I know it's not the best looking car, but it still looks good. There's nothing wrong in this car for me

• Like 1

LEAF LINKS CARTEL

Edward RDRIII

In my opinion the best Need for Speed both because of its story and its "more" realistic driving physics is The Run, every other Need for Speed after it either have a lame story and/or the cars which drives like they don't have weight, sure it lacks customization and a open world structure but a new game based on it can have both of those as well.

Edited by Edward RDRIII