2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Need for Speed: Unbound

StreetLife102

A f*ck. I hope it's optional to turn off. Not into that, really. I'm sure many feel the same. (animation/effects)

Edited by Mister Pink
  • Like 2

"EA Play members can also play Need for Speed Unbound** early with a 10-hour trial starting November 29, and enjoy exclusive recurring in-game benefits. Additionally, EA Play Pro members on PC will enjoy unlimited access to the Need for Speed Unbound Palace Edition starting November 29th, three days before the game officially launches."

A 10-hour trial beats any YouTube gameplay footage.

• Realistic Steak! 1

1 hour ago, IceDree said:

"EA Play members can also play Need for Speed Unbound** early with a 10-hour trial starting November 29, and enjoy exclusive recurring in-game benefits. Additionally, EA Play Pro members on PC will enjoy unlimited access to the Need for Speed Unbound Palace Edition starting November 29th, three days before the game officially launches."

A 10-hour trial beats any YouTube gameplay footage.

Nice. That should apply to Game Pass Ultimate subscribers. 

EDIT: I went into Inspect Element and grabbed the static version of the map. 

tJgl4t9.jpg

Edited by Mister Pink
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mister Pink said:

Looks like it's based off Chicago, judging by the downtown area. 

Really nice map. It's massive! Can't wait to hit those highways. 

exc-marketing-poi-screenshot-08-bridge-m

exc-marketing-poi-screenshot-07-l-train.

Based on Chicago? Drive by confirmed?

• Like 1

Very decent size map.

I'm personally not at all fussed by the effects, I can get why people are, but I think it's nice to see a racing game try something fresh visually. It all depends how it looks in gameplay though - and an option to turn it off wouldn't hurt for those who don't like it but I get the feeling it's gonna be a customisation option so I'm not sure they'll have that option.

• Like 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

Thing I like about Need For Speed maps is there that they loosely base their maps on real maps. They're not stuck to making faithful recreations. I like they way the take artistic licence to make it fun. I actually really liked Payback's map. 

• Like 1

I'm not much a fan of those effects either. Mainly the wings when your car goes airborne. Hopefully there's an option for it but if not, I suppose I'll just have to deal with it. That may be what turns me off from the game over time. I think I'm going to buy it at release, if I can afford to day one

Like Jason said though and others I've seen comment elsewhere, it's something new and fresh and that is indeed a welcome change. Maybe it'll grow on me

Looks like it'll be $70 for the standard edition. That seems to be the new pricing trend some big companies are moving towards... Not sure how to feel about that. Might just wait for it to go on sale if I can resist the temptation to buy it anyways (I probably can't)

Edited by Tru Company

Quinn_flower

What is this anime art style ? I don't like it. There better be a option for realistic fliter 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Quinn_flower said:

What is this anime art style ? I don't like it. There better be a option for realistic fliter 

We want NFS in Japan

We have NFS in Japan at home"

NFS in Japan at home:

• KEKW 2

2 hours ago, Mister Pink said:

Thing I like about Need For Speed maps is there that they loosely base their maps on real maps. They're not stuck to making faithful recreations. I like they way the take artistic licence to make it fun. I actually really liked Payback's map. 

Yeah it's still weird to see s New York plate in the concept art imo when the city render has pretty obvious Loop vibes

Be it through advances in hardware or devs/pubs being safe or whatever, I feel like art style and design has gone out the window for the most part in AAA games so when ever Is see something that, from a visual PoV, makes me go "oh, that's different" it immediately gets my interest.

I find that games that really go deep into a visual style often have a lot more creativity and love put into them other yet another photorealism chasing game that's hot off the conveyor belt.

We'll see if they pull it off or not but I genuinely like that they're trying something fresh here.

StreetLife102
6 hours ago, Quinn_flower said:

Even if there's an option turn off the effects, sadly the characters will still look cartoony

I'm happy that there's gonna be new cars in the game. Heat only have a few

LEAF LINKS CARTEL

Shooting it straighter than Tiger Wood's swing - Become a Leaf Links Cartel golfer!

Tokyo would have been the perfect setting for this Need for Speed.

• Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 2

8 hours ago, sabitsuki said:

I like the artstyle tbh. Its giving me mc2 vibes

The artstyle also kinda reminds me of Need for Speed: Nitro, a Wii and DS exclusive entry in the series.

StreetLife102
20 minutes ago, el carlitos said:

Tokyo would have been the perfect setting for this Need for Speed.

If the game is set in Tokyo then there's gonna be pure anime sh*t like Initial D

LEAF LINKS CARTEL

Shooting it straighter than Tiger Wood's swing - Become a Leaf Links Cartel golfer!

48 minutes ago, StreetLife102 said:

If the game is set in Tokyo then there's gonna be pure anime sh*t like Initial D

Well it´s the case with this NFS. So it would fit better to Japan than to Chicago. If the anime art style is sh*t or not it´s prue question of personal taste. As long as it is well made I welcome it.

I love the artstyle! It looks really really great. Also this gives me serious Underground 2 vibes and I love it.

I'll definitely grab this for PC ... might be my first NFS game in dunno, 12 years?

• Like 2

Yeah i dont like all the graphics when using nitro and when catching air. Hope you can toggle it on or off, i like my screen/hud as clean as possible when playing driving games. The art style is meh, i can get over it but not those little graphics when driving

StreetLife102

There should be a customization option where we can change the amount cartoony effect shown in our car

LEAF LINKS CARTEL

Mexicola9302

I just watched the official trailer, damn the visual style is horrible, this game is a hardpass for me, that is for sure.

It looks like an anime kids game, that i will never touch. Too many games go down that route lately. Well i didn't think i would play it anyway, NFS Heat was already pretty lame. I will just stick to Forza.

• Like 1

They should really remake Underground 1 and 2. I think everyone would be excited if they did that ... just like the THPS 1+2 Remake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StreetLife102 said:

fdbvJmPS9TdV6oWTpCcneoDJVY8_faP0tho901M2S-4-iKzzpWOj4bqKV9Bjz8xUOnkpT93nQs10=s640-nd-v1-rwa

from the official Need for Speed YouTube channel

I dig it tbh.

I don't know why everyone's complaining about this game's visual style. It's pretty obvious that they're emulating that drippy east coast hip hop aesthetic featured in alot of music videos such as these.

Also people seem to forget that NFS has never really taken themselves seriously, where games like Most Wanted had a weird live action brown aesthetic with cheesy acting. it's always been an arcadey racing game with plenty of style. 

Edited by sabitsuki
  • Bruh 1

22 minutes ago, Emmi said:

They should really remake Underground 1 and 2. I think everyone would be excited if they did that ... just like the THPS 1+2 Remake.

They should just make a NFS Underground 3. That basicly can do all that U2 could, but with a bigger city, more cars and even more car customizations than U2 had. And this without gen z anime effects and other nonsense, that is "Fortniting" the game. And very important, without any dances and wacky character customizations, no it should only be about the cars and racing and nothing else. And also very important without any cops.

This isn't "Fortniting" the game at all lol. I mean Christ, Fortnite didn't invent funky aesthetics in games.

This looks like a pretty interesting and striking new visual style for a racing game... something that I've not seen in f*cking ages in the genre. Devs shouldn't be afraid of trying new things because that's how we get dull games and I think with Unbound they've made something that visually looks fresh. I can get why it's not everyones cuppa tea but the idea this is them "Fortniting" the game is just silly.

As for Underground 3... that whole genre of street racing is dead lol. The success was heavily tied to the craze started by the Fast and Furious films and those films are miles away from the street racing stuff these days for a reason too. Remakes of old racing games is also just a bizarre concept to me as well, it doesn't make sense.