1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Need for Speed: Unbound

StreetLife102

StreetLife102

NEED FOR SPEED: UNBOUND - Now Available

Need For Speed Unbound Leaks As EA Sets Announcement For October 6 -  GameSpot

Need for Speed Unbound leaks for PS5, Xbox Series X, looks hyper anime -  Polygon

Need for Speed Unbound leaks for PS5, Xbox Series X, looks hyper anime -  Polygon

Need For Speed Unbound Leaks Ahead Of Reveal - Lowyat.NET

TRAILERS OF THE GAME:

Edited by StreetLife102

LEAF LINKS CARTEL

Shooting it straighter than Tiger Wood's swing - Become a Leaf Links Cartel golfer!

There's been leaks here and there about this, it has a sorta of sketchy anime style drawn on over the realistic visuals when you use stuff like NOS and stuff.

Curious to see how it all looks in proper footage and not in-dev footage tbh. It's such a dry end to the year in terms of games I might be down for this if it's good. Heat was alright tbh.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Jason said:

Heat was alright tbh.

too bad that support for that game was cut prematurely by EA being themselves

Need For Speed hasn't evolved the arcade racing genre at all in the last 10 years, IMO. It's kind of stuck in arcade past.  The Forza Horizon series has progressed the arcade genre in a direction that makes sense when it comes to physics, handling and customisation. Because, older gamers like me have been playing games for 20, 30+ years. We become more skilled over time. Horizon kind found this medium between simulation and arcade. It's definitely more arcade on the spectrum between arcade <---> simulation but it's moved the genre a tad bit over to the right. And that's the evolution of arcade racing right there. 

Maybe my tastes have evolved a bit too as I mature. I just can't psych myself up for a Need For Speed these days. I did enjoy for a time, Payback, and Hot Pursuit (2010). I think the latter is underrated. But after enjoying Horizon's driving physics, it's hard to return back to the arcadier end of the spectrum. 

Not to say there isn't space for arcade racers or to put them down.  Also, Horizon is not without it's faults. That series could do with a reboot. It's becoming a little stale in places - but I'm taliking purely about the driving physics. Whatever it is, will probably come to EA Play which is part of Game Pass Ultimate so I might try it down the line if it's interesting. 

• Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

Yea the classic OG Fast and Furious vibe is kinda dead and has been for a long time, but it's that vibe that NFS has been built around for a long time. Mix that with some dodgy quality, pure arcadey physics and handling that have also gone out of fashon and the games have struggled to stay with the times. They've also got to compete with GTAO, which has become a serious player in this sorta scene with it's own massive car culture plus, you know, the whole rest of the game.

NFS needs to figure out something fresh for the arcade racer scene if it wants to truly be a big player again and I genuinely dunno what that would look like.

Heat was a bit of fun with the day/night system but it was dogged by a variety of other issues plus a generally sh*tty handling model.

• Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

StreetLife102
10 hours ago, Jason said:

There's been leaks here and there about this, it has a sorta of sketchy anime style drawn on over the realistic visuals when you use stuff like NOS and stuff.

Looks like this leak is true

This image is from the official EA website. Look at the effects around the car..

LEAF LINKS CARTEL

Shooting it straighter than Tiger Wood's swing - Become a Leaf Links Cartel golfer!

StreetLife102
1 hour ago, el carlitos said:

Damn a Mercedes w201 EVO2. EA you have my attention.

At first I thought it was the old version of the BMW M3 because of the rear tail lights

The BMW M3 E30

• Realistic Steak! 1

LEAF LINKS CARTEL

7 hours ago, StreetLife102 said:

Looks like this leak is true

This image is from the official EA website. Look at the effects around the car..

Yea there was actually straight up leaked footage (only snippets, all on dev maps IIRC) of the effects.

Hard to get a good idea of it given the dev footage nature of it but yea, curious to see how it actually looks proper.

57 minutes ago, StreetLife102 said:

At first I thought it was the old version of the BMW M3 because of the rear tail lights

The BMW M3 E30

It could also be the 190 E. Two of my favourite cars. If you look at the vent under the  'U' in the logo, it's similar to the 190 E

d90f179.jpg

Edited by Mister Pink
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mister Pink said:

It could also be the 190 E. Two of my favourite cars. If you look at the vent under the  'U' in the logo, it's similar to the 190 E

The (w201) E190 EVO2 and the E30 M3 are from the same era, similar styles, competitors, two legends. Without any doubt it´s the 190E EVO2 on the EA artwork. I know both rides way to well. Nice to see the EVO2 making it to NFS.

spacer.png

Edited by el carlitos
  • Realistic Steak! 3

1 hour ago, el carlitos said:

Nice to see the EVO2 making it to NFS.

Unless you also count Shift 2: Unleashed.

• Like 1

StreetLife102

If you view the Steam page of NFS: Heat, Payback and Hot Pursuit Remastered.. you will see that the text is green

header.jpg?t=1664895640

header.jpg?t=1664895641

header.jpg?t=1664965194

I guess they turned em into green for the Unbound reveal

• Like 2

LEAF LINKS CARTEL

tchp2gzuf0s9123fj0.jpg

e1zqmdmuf0s91gqewc.jpg

That... is an artstyle choice.

Common sense is telling me it's a terrible look but every now and then common sense is horrendously wrong.

Really curious to see it in motion.

Edit: the car is based on a real one, it's A$AP Rocky's apparently:

ezutw6t6gtr910sd3l.jpg

Not gonna lie. This has my interest. And just noticed the Criterion logo. Seems they took it off Ghost Games and gave it to Criterion again. This is great news. They made Most Wanted and Hot Pursuit (2010).  Also, Codemasters are listed as a developer (F1, Dirt, Colin McRae rally).  This could potentially be a very fun NFS. 

Need for Speed Fortnite Edition, only races will be knock out ones :kekw: .

I definitely see  by miles, Im not target audience .

1 hour ago, Mister Pink said:

Not gonna lie. This has my interest. And just noticed the Criterion logo. Seems they took it off Ghost Games and gave it to Criterion again. This is great news. They made Most Wanted and Hot Pursuit (2010).  Also, Codemasters are listed as a developer (F1, Dirt, Colin McRae rally).  This could potentially be a very fun NFS. 

Criterion was gutted years ago IIRC. They were in limbo for yonks and I think at least most of the studio veterans left and moved on. If we're to go by the old saying of you're only as good as your last game then Criterion have been sh*t for years.

Buuuuut, hopefully it's a return to form on all fronts for NFS and all the studios behind it.

• Like 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Criterion was gutted years ago IIRC. They were in limbo for yonks and I think at least most of the studio veterans left and moved on. If we're to go by the old saying of you're only as good as your last game then Criterion have been sh*t for years.

Buuuuut, hopefully it's a return to form on all fronts for NFS and all the studios behind it.

I didn't know that. 😔 I still just had in my head positive memories of Crierion, but didn't actually check in to see what they've been doing lately. I read just now a large chunk of the staff actually went over to Ghost Games when Criterion announced it was moving away from making racing games.

Maybe the Codemasters will be the key to Unbound's succeess. Just going by Wiki, Codemasters was merged with Criterion for support purposes during the making of the title. This certainly would be further evidence the Criterion team are inexperienced. It seems the last standalone title they did was NFS: Most Wanted. Everything else 'additional work' and support for the likes of Battlefront and Battlefield. That andwith most of the original Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted staff gone over to Ghost, I was completely wrong to get excited over Criterion. 

At least Codemasters 4 most recent titles are favourable with critics and fans; Dirt 5, F1: 21, 22 and Grid: Legends

StreetLife102
14 hours ago, Jason said:

e1zqmdmuf0s91gqewc.jpg

I'm in love with that pink Mitsubishi Eclipse (not because there's an anime girl in it). The effects, wing, hood and other modifications installed are so insane and it makes me want to buy a car on FR legends and put some crazy JDM styled  mods. NFS is gotta be the #1 racing game when it comes to customization. Look at all the customizations on Heat.. those sh*t are so unique and impressive

I can't wait to see the reveal trailer in the next couple hours! This is gonna be fire

Edited by StreetLife102
  • Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

LEAF LINKS CARTEL

16 hours ago, Jason said:

tchp2gzuf0s9123fj0.jpg

e1zqmdmuf0s91gqewc.jpg

That... is an artstyle choice.

Common sense is telling me it's a terrible look but every now and then common sense is horrendously wrong.

Really curious to see it in motion.

Edit: the car is based on a real one, it's A$AP Rocky's apparently:

ezutw6t6gtr910sd3l.jpg

because it is A$AP's car

Yea, he was in the leaked screenshots from yesterday.

Visually it's looking like one of the more interesting games in recent times tbh. Looks like more than a cookie cutter "we must have an NFS out this year" type of game.

Wanna see more for sure.

Funny, this is getting me so serious Most Wanted 2005 vibes, like no other Need for speed game for last 17 years .

I keeping eyes on this...

Edited by Ondr4H

I'm confused (what's new). I get the character animations are done in a kind of Animé style. However the graphic overlays for tyre smoke is just for promotional purposes, right? We're not going to have cartoon animation tyre smoke, correct?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DEADWOODZ said:

Bunch of info is up on the site like the map & car list.

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/need-for-speed/need-for-speed-unbound

Looks like it's based off Chicago, judging by the downtown area. 

Really nice map. It's massive! Can't wait to hit those highways. 

exc-marketing-poi-screenshot-08-bridge-m

exc-marketing-poi-screenshot-07-l-train.

Edited by Mister Pink

I have mixed feelings about this. I don't mind the anime cutscenes, but I'm not a fan of the cartoonish visual effects during gameplay, it was awful in The Crew 2, but hey, it was optional. Hope it's the same deal here.

I'll withhold judgement until see finished gameplay. But I will not pre-order it or buy it full price.

Edit: The bulk of the cars in the official car list are carried over from Heat, minus Audi. They added a few cars here & there, I see Chiron, RX8, Urus, Eclipse & the new Z concept, but no Toyota still.

Edited by IceDree
  • Realistic Steak! 1

StreetLife102
13 minutes ago, Mister Pink said:

We're not going to have cartoon animation tyre smoke, correct?

Not really sure but my guess is yes. This NFS Unbound leak which turned out to be true have those effects

yeah the leak also have the one part of the map on the trailer

I think it's a road with some roof things

• Like 2

LEAF LINKS CARTEL

19 minutes ago, Mister Pink said:

I'm confused (what's new). I get the character animations are done in a kind of Animé style. However the graphic overlays for tyre smoke is just for promotional purposes, right? We're not going to have cartoon animation tyre smoke, correct?

Incorrect, as far as we know. Leaks had the effects in-game.

Edit: reading the Steam page, I get the impression we can customise the effects, like unlock and choose from different ones.