4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Tommy's Mouth-Offs

tommyvercetti74

tommyvercetti74

Ok,

I've beaten 100% of VCPC awhile ago and finally got to screwing around in the city,raising hell with guns.  After a couple of minutes on a random roof I noticed something odd, Tommy was not b*tchin' at the police! Then I tried harrasing peds with guns and jacking cars, nothing, not a curse,warning,or single bit of foul mouth sentence fragment came out of Tommy's mouth!

I don't know if It is somethin wrong with my game or the PC version or what the hell it is.  I do know that when I play the PS2 version Tommy has a smart little message to just about everyone he sees.  I begining to miss his little comments and insights such as

"dumb florida morons" when some hits your car.

"I did your wife you poor bastard" when fightin cops

"Don't piss me off" "I'm gonna kill you" "your're all dicks!" "go shower with the guys" "I've been in prison a long time" "you were hardly worth robbin" "hey assholes! want some of this!" and the list goes on.

So anyone else whos played the PS2 version must know all the comments Tommy makes during play, where have they gone, I've heard maybe 4-5 during the entire completion and 40+ hours of PC gameplay????????????????????

:r*:

The Quick and the Dead

I've heard him say "i need this" when he steals cars and such, so you're just bollocksing.  Turn on your speakers.

tommyvercetti74

I'm not sure what "bollocksing" means but maybe there is something wrong with my audio. I know that my musicmatch's volume level messes the volume of the radio stations in VC, but I can still hear everythin else.  I've heard Tommy say couple of things "I need this" and "you got me officer" in his mocking voice.  

but damn it he's supposed to say alot more than that, especially when your raising hell with the cops around!

is my game not runnin fast enough?, I doubt it.

The Quick and the Dead
I'm not sure what "bollocksing" means but maybe there is something wrong with my audio. I know that my musicmatch's volume level messes the volume of the radio stations in VC, but I can still hear everythin else.  I've heard Tommy say couple of things "I need this" and "you got me officer" in his mocking voice.  

but damn it he's supposed to say alot more than that, especially when your raising hell with the cops around!

is my game not runnin fast enough?, I doubt it.

turn the music sound down a bit so you can hear them, i've heard some stuff when i was listening for it but couldn't tell what it was cuz of the music.

I heard him say "I did your wife you poor bastards!"

I was running from a big group o cops...

he says alot of stuff, but not all the time.

sometimes he will go 30 mins without saying anything..

I have heard him say all sorts, like when getting busted 'im innocent, look at my face' or 'do i look like i could of done that' or 'call my lawyer, goes by the name..' (the name slips my mind at this time.. the guy in the white suit looks like he should be called disco stu)

on a related audio note.. is anyone elses VC realy quite?

i have to turn my speaker volume up twice as high to get it to standard volume, which means i get background hiss, and if i forget to turn it back i get blasted when running winamp! and yes, i have the audio set at max volume

tommyvercetti74

Yeah I had the audio do that when I first played the game.  I had to crank up speakers and volume on keyboard buttons to get so I could here it.  The I remembered that Musicmatch messes the volume levels sometimes,like games, or movies.  Try messin with winamp's volume level then playing the game or mediaplayer stuff like that I don't know why it does this but it worked for me.

Does anyone else's in game speech, like during missions the talking of characters, (like when you go to rob the bank and Phil and Hilary yell at each other) sound scrachy,pop,click sometimes.  I'm not sure if it is the volume level or audio encoding.

Jackasshole22

hmmm, how do you REMOVE all the crap he says?

just record nothing and replace the voice files with it?

cuz personally, i think tommy sounds like a fag.

iguanaman99

the funniest thing i ever heard tommy say was right after i killed a haitian and 3 of his friends started to run over i pick up his cash tommy goes "you ain't want none of this" and all the haitins left it was hilarious

I noticed that, too.  I remember playing Vice City on my friend's PS2 a few months ago and hearing Tommy mouth off to people all the time.  In the PC version, I've only heard him mouth off maybe 5 times.  That did strike me as odd.

yea, i've noticed this, he barely mouths off in the pc version, i think R* just lowered how often he does it. If anything, they should have increased it imo. i mean my volume levels are set fiine, and ive heard him him cuss a few times, but nowhere near as often as on the ps2 version.

@ jackass, there is an audio editor that works with VC, look in the editing discussion / misc, i made a topic about it in there a week or 2 ago.

hmmm, how do you REMOVE all the crap he says?

just record nothing and replace the voice files with it?

cuz personally, i think tommy sounds like a fag.

so you're saying ray loita sounds like a fag?

o and never use a head set if you have the quiet problem.  it is dangerous.  i found out the hard way.  my ears were ringing for 5 min. :blush:

tommyvercetti74

first Ray Liota is not a fag! You've got problems or just wanted piss people off. I know somethin was screwy cause I played the sony version for 144 hours on just my main save.

So I did an experiment, started two knew games one on PC another on Sony, did some random actions that usually trigger a comment by tommy here is what I found:

Jacking 10 random cars around the city:

PC=1 comment by tommy 1 comment by the driver gettin jacked

Sony=4 comments by tommy 6 comments by driver gettin jacked

pulling gun on 10 random peds(switched to classic controls)

PC=0 comments by tommy 2 comments by targeted ped

Sony=5 comments by tommy 7 comments by targeted ped

starting a fight with 10 random peds

PC=1 comment by tommy 4 comments by ped

Sony=6 comments by tommy 5 comments by ped

killing 10 random peds and taking their money

PC=0 comments by tommy

Sony=3 comments

Sitting on roof across from police station(one with uniform) shooting stuff for 10 minutes.

PC=1 comment by tommy(it was "you're not a cop, you're a robot") but was cut off after cop...

Sony=9 comments by tommy

So maybe somebody could find this code and edit it so Tommy responds to more actions on the PC version, anyway its the best game ever!