Jump to content

Panthers and Parakeets


smokeless6

Recommended Posts

I wonder how someone goes to Old Harry Fen's surroundings so frequently and never find a panther there, it's almost always there to welcome me lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Edward RDRIII said:

I wonder how someone goes to Old Harry Fen's surroundings so frequently and never find a panther there, it's almost always there to welcome me lol.

 

The answer to that is the heart of the matter. How indeed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, smokeless6 said:

Thanks very much subvod, you've been very helpful.  You seem like the forum's unofficial zoologist, and it's clear you've taken time to catalog things and approach the hunting and animals from a distinctly scientific point of view. Your insight is appreciated. I also suspect it might be somehow related to these things (strangers, random encounters). Of course when I loaded the chapter 4 save the panther spawned as expected. But it does not now. Even when the area around Old Harry Fen is free of these strangers and events I am not seeing the panther.

 

I have not done the American Dream thing. Is that the serial killer one? I've found all three clues, but not the final step to find the killer. I have a code of some sort, but haven't found the location to complete the chain. I try not to spoil anything so I can work it all out on my own, aside of course from starting this thread when I decided I should seek help in finding these elusive panthers.

If you're certain none of the events are active and have also collected the nearby killer clue, I'm not aware of any other trigger blocks. I won't spoil the location of the next step in American Dreams, though. However I will be keeping an eye on your progress though, as I'm very curious what exactly is preventing only the panthers from spawning at all known locations. The parakeet spawns can't really be cheesed to my knowledge, but I can get panthers pretty regularly now. Reading of someone not being able to even get a one star panther from anywhere is baffling.

 

And yes, I've spent a considerable amount of time marking spawn locations of rare animals in this game, but that's all for my own referencing. Uploading all of the maps and notes was to help others who've has as much trouble as I used to. Exhibit A, this thread. But, you need not flatter me. I'm no less amateur nor insane than Miss MacGuiness. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Number 176

 

[Linked Image]

 

That leaves just the panther and Florida panther. Giaguaro should have been the final one to trip Zoologist, a moment triumphant. But alas.

 

I haven't given up, and I keep playing the game hoping that something I do breaks the voodoo, and I return regularly to check the spawn. But hope is fading.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Bumping this because it's the only thread I found that describes the exact issue I was having. Plenty of Panthers as Arthur near Braithwaite, but absolutely none as John.

 

Sleep 36 hours until midnight, camping roughly halfway between Van Horn and Bluewater Marsh. Save after sleeping, then from there head south towards the west side of Canebreak Manor. Head to the easternmost tip of the coastline of the Lagras swamp/lake, going slowly towards Lakay while hugging the coast and using Eagle Eye frequently. If you hit the road leading into Lakay, turn around and repeat the process, hugging the Lagras swamp/lake coastline heading northeast this time. Don't bother circling back and forth, reload and try again if it doesn't spawn right away.

 

I studied the Panther after dying the first time since I didn't really think this was going to work. After studying a Panther, I rode 1/2 mile directly north, then rode back and studied the Florida Panther drinking from the Lagras swamp/lake. I studied both Panthers in a single night. A panther icon is sketched onto the map in the white area between the lake and roads once you've spotted one, so it's definitely an intended spawn.

 

 

spacer.png

 

Florida Panther studied a few seconds prior while it was drinking from the lake.

 

spacer.png

 

Path used to spot Panthers as John.

Edited by Dilly Doyle
Grammar/clarity
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dilly Doyle said:

Bumping this because it's the only thread I found that describes the exact issue I was having. Plenty of Panthers as Arthur near Braithwaite, but absolutely none as John.

 

Been a while since I posted about this. Conclusions made last year still persist today. I've had issues with panthers not spawning only when there's an NPC campsite, mission, or active random event nearby. Otherwise I can get three in one night consistently as both John and Arthur. Sleeping until midnight is the way to do it since the spawns at Lakay and Macomb's End are only active from 20:00-04:00. The spot southwest of Bolger Glade is the only one of the three that's active 24 hours a day, but there's a chance for an NPC campsite to spawn very near that spawn as well as a Lemoyne Raider campsite which could spawn northeast on the opposite side of the path. Both of those will prevent panthers from spawning there. Another thing is a Raider ambush just east of Catfish Jacksons. There's also a chance for an NPC camp to spawn next to a big tree southeast of where you found that panther at Lakay, and that'll prevent that panther from spawning there. To my knowledge, there's not a random NPC camp near Macomb's. Granted, I didn't even know about the story mode panther spawns there until just a few months ago.

 

I've gotten panthers to spawn at all three areas when approaching from any direction, though I reckon a lot of spawns in this game favor certain approach angles. Example, the swimming moose at Owanjila, which I've only ever gotten to spawn when approaching from the south.

 

Panthers being predatory, sometimes they might chase after other nearby animals at random. That's more prevalent at Lakay and Bolger Glade from my experience. Makes it a hell of a lot harder to bag them. A good way to bait aggressive animals in this game is to just shoot once. Any aggressive animals in the immediate area will come after you (most of the time).

 

I've been marking locations of rare animals for like two years now: https://www.nexusmods.com/reddeadredemption2/mods/1929

 

And, specifically if you want locations for cougars/panthers: 1929-1673779140-1787670378.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My troubles are as John too. Could it be so simple? I reported above how when I fired up an old save from Chapter 4 I was killed by a panther as soon as I walked to the Fen spawn. And that was as Arthur.

 

But later in the run as John I cannot find one. I should have hunted them earlier! But of course I could not have anticipated this trouble.

 

I'm at 176/178, just need both non-legendary panthers. I haven't played in months, but eventually I'll give it another go. I've been watching the Steam feed to see if any updates drop in case it may make some difference.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, subvod said:

 

Been a while since I posted about this. Conclusions made last year still persist today. I've had issues with panthers not spawning only when there's an NPC campsite, mission, or active random event nearby. Otherwise I can get three in one night consistently as both John and Arthur. Sleeping until midnight is the way to do it since the spawns at Lakay and Macomb's End are only active from 20:00-04:00. The spot southwest of Bolger Glade is the only one of the three that's active 24 hours a day, but there's a chance for an NPC campsite to spawn very near that spawn as well as a Lemoyne Raider campsite which could spawn northeast on the opposite side of the path. Both of those will prevent panthers from spawning there. Another thing is a Raider ambush just east of Catfish Jacksons. There's also a chance for an NPC camp to spawn next to a big tree southeast of where you found that panther at Lakay, and that'll prevent that panther from spawning there. To my knowledge, there's not a random NPC camp near Macomb's. Granted, I didn't even know about the story mode panther spawns there until just a few months ago.

 

I've gotten panthers to spawn at all three areas when approaching from any direction, though I reckon a lot of spawns in this game favor certain approach angles. Example, the swimming moose at Owanjila, which I've only ever gotten to spawn when approaching from the south.

 

Panthers being predatory, sometimes they might chase after other nearby animals at random. That's more prevalent at Lakay and Bolger Glade from my experience. Makes it a hell of a lot harder to bag them. A good way to bait aggressive animals in this game is to just shoot once. Any aggressive animals in the immediate area will come after you (most of the time).

 

I've been marking locations of rare animals for like two years now: https://www.nexusmods.com/reddeadredemption2/mods/1929

I actually had the fortune teller random NPC spawn on my first attempt when the panther killed me and the attempt when I studied both in the same night. She was west/northwest of Canebreak Manor both nights. I originally tried this spot because a Reddit thread mentioned Lagras/Lakay as the most reliable panther spawn for John. That thread mentions that the Night Folk ambush east of Lakay guarantees a panther spawn, but that wasn't my experience. The marks on your map near Lakay are consistent with my experience. It seems pretty clear that the panther spawns are against the water in that area, and the other threads you can find are from people who find it south or southeast of there after it has spawned and moved around.

 

Old Harry Fen was the only spot I used as Arthur, it was easy to obtain all the panther pelts needed for the Trapper items and satchel. I believe random spawns at Old Harry Fen are different as John, because I used every save, rest, reload, fast travel, bait, and clear/leave/return trick I could find with no luck. Clearing those camps didn't help, even after physically leaving, camping, waiting, etc. Waiting tended to reset the timer for whatever was blocking the panther spawn. In the event that the area was clear, the panther simply wouldn't spawn, and then leaving and coming back would spawn a camp or other event that I assume was blocking the panther spawn.

 

Honestly these were the only animals where I hit a brick wall for Zoologist. Moral of the story is to study everything as Arthur. Achievement guides rightfully don't discuss Zoologist as a missable achievement, however I think they should clearly mention that 100% priority should be given to studying and skinning certain animals like the 2 moose, birds, RG turkey, etc. Literally drop whatever you're doing to study and skin new animals as you go, because relying on spawns can be incredibly frustrating.

 

It wouldn't be a R* game if the things you needed actually spawned when you needed them! I always remember going crazy trying to find the exact vehicles required for the garage in VC, and exports in GTA SA, IV, V. All part of the fun I suppose. 😅

13 minutes ago, smokeless6 said:

My troubles are as John too. Could it be so simple? I reported above how when I fired up an old save from Chapter 4 I was killed by a panther as soon as I walked to the Fen spawn. And that was as Arthur.

 

But later in the run as John I cannot find one. I should have hunted them earlier! But of course I could not have anticipated this trouble.

 

I'm at 176/178, just need both non-legendary panthers. I haven't played in months, but eventually I'll give it another go. I've been watching the Steam feed to see if any updates drop in case it may make some difference.

 

I would suggest that you try the method I outlined above. I was literally pulling my hair out, and this thread had me convinced me there was an issue with the game, but the Lagras/Lakay spawn really did work and I saved myself from leaving this 100% playthrough with a very bitter feeling. I even created an account here just to share my experience. Happy hunting!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have to wait until RDR 2 comes back up in my rotation haha. But it will. I'll give that method a go, because I'd really like to complete Zoologist. To come that far and fail is frustrating. Especially as I've taken these panthers before without issue. Only when I need them do they vanish.

 

My time these days is still being spent hunting. Way of the Hunter is a fairly new hunting game and I'm having a great time with it. More simulation than Call of the Wild, but not so robust as it is much earlier in it's development cycle. The animal behavior, animations, wind and scent, herd management, shooting and penetration models are all good. Way of the Hunter is closer to what I want out of a hunting game, but it's good to have options.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Dilly Doyle said:

I actually had the fortune teller random NPC spawn on my first attempt when the panther killed me and the attempt when I studied both in the same night. She was west/northwest of Canebreak Manor both nights. I originally tried this spot because a Reddit thread mentioned Lagras/Lakay as the most reliable panther spawn for John. That thread mentions that the Night Folk ambush east of Lakay guarantees a panther spawn, but that wasn't my experience. The marks on your map near Lakay are consistent with my experience. It seems pretty clear that the panther spawns are against the water in that area, and the other threads you can find are from people who find it south or southeast of there after it has spawned and moved around.

 

The Soothsayer is far away enough to not affect the two spots it spawns in by Lakay. Sonny is the same way. The only events I know of which have seemed to prevent panther spawns there are the dead horse wagon and two night folk walking with a body. I think the crying lady also spawns near enough to affect panther spawns, but closest I've seen her to that was just northeast of the flooded shack with the Cat Skull Mask. Don't know about the night folk event on the opposite side of the water "guaranteeing" a panther spawn, so that'd be a new one for me.

 

I've read quite a few topics online from Reddit to here where people have the same issue where panthers just don't spawn in the Epilogue at certain places, usually at Old Harry Fen. I'm not aware of how the game seeds the chance for animal spawns, but not being able to get one consistently anywhere is nowhere near what I've run into. Allowing 72 hours in game to pass clears up any bones and carcasses. It doesn't even have to be organic; I've used RampageTrainer to skip forward three days without even sleeping only to head back and bag another one. When I was on XB1, sleeping three days always worked as well.

 

I do recall having never seen a panther around Macomb's End at any time of day or night until like six months ago. If it's the same thing going on for you, I get the frustration. Keep seeing videos of panthers at Macomb's but myself having never stumbled upon one there. Something that might have to do with inhibited spawns is challenges. I'd only recently completed all challenges on PC when I ran across a panther at Macomb's. Had seen them at the other two spots the whole time, but reckon that's something to get after if you've not done it. That evidence I have is purely anecdotal, but it holds true even right now in my Chapter 2 save. I can get panthers at Macomb's and Old Harry Fen, but the ones at Macomb's don't start spawning until I complete all challenges.

 

If you've tried Old Harry Fen at all times of day (morning, noon, evening, and night), I don't know what's preventing it from spawning. It might be the event with Nate at Catfish Jackson's if you haven't done it, but I've bagged panthers there even before triggering the event so I doubt it. Same doesn't go for the injured "woman" event that can happen just north of that junction, I'm pretty sure that inhibits the panther spawns as well.

 

Part of the way to get things to spawn is save and reload somewhere nearby and go to the spot. If nothing's there, head away a bit then turn around and come back. I can get most any spawn to pop doing that. Reckon for that panther at Old Harry Fen is save and reload at the Abandoned Church. Doing that at any time of day has worked perfectly given the NPC and/or Lemoyne Raider campsite don't spawn in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, subvod said:

 

The Soothsayer is far away enough to not affect the two spots it spawns in by Lakay. Sonny is the same way. The only events I know of which have seemed to prevent panther spawns there are the dead horse wagon and two night folk walking with a body. I think the crying lady also spawns near enough to affect panther spawns, but closest I've seen her to that was just northeast of the flooded shack with the Cat Skull Mask. Don't know about the night folk event on the opposite side of the water "guaranteeing" a panther spawn, so that'd be a new one for me.

 

I've read quite a few topics online from Reddit to here where people have the same issue where panthers just don't spawn in the Epilogue at certain places, usually at Old Harry Fen. I'm not aware of how the game seeds the chance for animal spawns, but not being able to get one consistently anywhere is nowhere near what I've run into. Allowing 72 hours in game to pass clears up any bones and carcasses. It doesn't even have to be organic; I've used RampageTrainer to skip forward three days without even sleeping only to head back and bag another one. When I was on XB1, sleeping three days always worked as well.

 

I do recall having never seen a panther around Macomb's End at any time of day or night until like six months ago. If it's the same thing going on for you, I get the frustration. Keep seeing videos of panthers at Macomb's but myself having never stumbled upon one there. Something that might have to do with inhibited spawns is challenges. I'd only recently completed all challenges on PC when I ran across a panther at Macomb's. Had seen them at the other two spots the whole time, but reckon that's something to get after if you've not done it. That evidence I have is purely anecdotal, but it holds true even right now in my Chapter 2 save. I can get panthers at Macomb's and Old Harry Fen, but the ones at Macomb's don't start spawning until I complete all challenges.

 

If you've tried Old Harry Fen at all times of day (morning, noon, evening, and night), I don't know what's preventing it from spawning. It might be the event with Nate at Catfish Jackson's if you haven't done it, but I've bagged panthers there even before triggering the event so I doubt it. Same doesn't go for the injured "woman" event that can happen just north of that junction, I'm pretty sure that inhibits the panther spawns as well.

 

Part of the way to get things to spawn is save and reload somewhere nearby and go to the spot. If nothing's there, head away a bit then turn around and come back. I can get most any spawn to pop doing that. Reckon for that panther at Old Harry Fen is save and reload at the Abandoned Church. Doing that at any time of day has worked perfectly given the NPC and/or Lemoyne Raider campsite don't spawn in.

This is good advice, and I hope anyone stumbling across this thread really does try everything before giving up. Problem solving threads like these are invaluable, and being specific about what triggers and/or blocks spawns is really helpful. I'm not the type to jump to conclusions or irrationally say something is impossible, but I've done everything you've described regarding Old Harry Fen, and absolutely nothing worked. I'm talking roughly 12 actual hours of playtime attempting all the things you've mentioned. Zoologist was the last single player achievement I needed on PC, for reference. The only animals that gave me trouble were the panthers and the Rio Grande Turkey.

 

Hopefully OP can report back with his experience once he gives it another go. There's nothing like working through the perfect advice thread to help you get over a frustrating hump.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/26/2022 at 7:17 AM, smokeless6 said:

Thanks very much subvod, you've been very helpful.  You seem like the forum's unofficial zoologist, and it's clear you've taken time to catalog things and approach the hunting and animals from a distinctly scientific point of view. Your insight is appreciated. I also suspect it might be somehow related to these things (strangers, random encounters). Of course when I loaded the chapter 4 save the panther spawned as expected. But it does not now. Even when the area around Old Harry Fen is free of these strangers and events I am not seeing the panther.

 

I have not done the American Dream thing. Is that the serial killer one? I've found all three clues, but not the final step to find the killer. I have a code of some sort, but haven't found the location to complete the chain. I try not to spoil anything so I can work it all out on my own, aside of course from starting this thread when I decided I should seek help in finding these elusive panthers.

 

A curious possibility might also be rates are tweaked for some animals per story progression. I know that's a thing for the horse race random events, how the chance of them spawning continuously decreases as you progress from Horseshoe. Even in my current Epilogue II save I can consistently hit three panthers in one night, but moose, grizzly, and cougars are still way less common than in Chapter 2. More anecdotal evidence I know, but I stumble across way more rare game as Arthur especially in Chapter 2. Hard to make a call on that though since I don't feel like digging through map data to find out it's true.

 

Reckon we can rule out bad seeds at this point since repeated attempts yield nothing. Sometimes garbage RNG can happen over and over, but max like three bad runs in a row is unheard of to my knowledge and from my own experience. How atrociously sparsely this issue is mentioned all over the surface web continues to baffle me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/22/2023 at 12:53 AM, subvod said:

 

A curious possibility might also be rates are tweaked for some animals per story progression. I know that's a thing for the horse race random events, how the chance of them spawning continuously decreases as you progress from Horseshoe. Even in my current Epilogue II save I can consistently hit three panthers in one night, but moose, grizzly, and cougars are still way less common than in Chapter 2. More anecdotal evidence I know, but I stumble across way more rare game as Arthur especially in Chapter 2. Hard to make a call on that though since I don't feel like digging through map data to find out it's true.

 

Reckon we can rule out bad seeds at this point since repeated attempts yield nothing. Sometimes garbage RNG can happen over and over, but max like three bad runs in a row is unheard of to my knowledge and from my own experience. How atrociously sparsely this issue is mentioned all over the surface web continues to baffle me.

as for the moose, this is very much the case for me, however I don't have problems hunting cougar and panthers. Fun fact, I NEVER looked for the parakets, so I might give it a go in my current playthrough in Chapter 2. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 1/19/2023 at 6:11 PM, Dilly Doyle said:

Bumping this because it's the only thread I found that describes the exact issue I was having. Plenty of Panthers as Arthur near Braithwaite, but absolutely none as John.

 

Sleep 36 hours until midnight, camping roughly halfway between Van Horn and Bluewater Marsh. Save after sleeping, then from there head south towards the west side of Canebreak Manor. Head to the easternmost tip of the coastline of the Lagras swamp/lake, going slowly towards Lakay while hugging the coast and using Eagle Eye frequently. If you hit the road leading into Lakay, turn around and repeat the process, hugging the Lagras swamp/lake coastline heading northeast this time. Don't bother circling back and forth, reload and try again if it doesn't spawn right away.

 

I studied the Panther after dying the first time since I didn't really think this was going to work. After studying a Panther, I rode 1/2 mile directly north, then rode back and studied the Florida Panther drinking from the Lagras swamp/lake. I studied both Panthers in a single night. A panther icon is sketched onto the map in the white area between the lake and roads once you've spotted one, so it's definitely an intended spawn.

 

 

spacer.png

 

Florida Panther studied a few seconds prior while it was drinking from the lake.

 

spacer.png

 

Path used to spot Panthers as John.

I was having the same issues. Tried every trick I found online and never could find a panther. I finally managed to find both panthers using this method and path. I had spent at least 20+ hours trying to find the panthers at the other location and running through this one with no luck.

 

Im not sure if I finally got lucky or if its something else I tried.... changing your horse. I have been riding around on the rare white arabian pretty much the entire game. On a whim, I fast traveled to Saint Denis and bought a random Nokota to use instead of my arabian. From there, I rode North to the H in Bluewater Marsh. There I camped, slept for 36 hours, saved, loaded that save, slept for another 18 hours, then slept again until night. I then saved again to create a load state. From there I followed the path with markers. The panther usually spawned drinking from the water after I had trotted from the North to the South tip and making my way back up North.

 

While doing so.... I got ambushed by a panther and died. I was so thrilled to actually have seen one. I respawned and ran through the same spot and found the panther, was able to study, track, and kill. Since then, the normal spawn method has worked. I will go to the H, camp, sleep for 60+ hours until night and ride out. I usually need to reload the game once and a panther will be there.

 

Serious thanks to everyone in this thread who kept offering advice. I was very close to giving up on this achievement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Shnizzaga said:

Im not sure if I finally got lucky or if its something else I tried.... changing your horse. I have been riding around on the rare white arabian pretty much the entire game. On a whim, I fast traveled to Saint Denis and bought a random Nokota to use instead of my arabian. From there, I rode North to the H in Bluewater Marsh. There I camped, slept for 36 hours, saved, loaded that save, slept for another 18 hours, then slept again until night. I then saved again to create a load state. From there I followed the path with markers. The panther usually spawned drinking from the water after I had trotted from the North to the South tip and making my way back up North.

 

Actually, you might be onto something there. A guy who makes RDR2 videos on YouTube by the name of SuperAntonio mentioned (though purely anecdotal) Thoroughbreds yield way more three star game than other horses in his playthroughs. He only mentions perfect carcasses, but perhaps it also affects the rarer animals? I do recall back on XB1 almost never seeing moose while riding the Rose Gray Bay Arabian from Blackwater. Might have just been impatience on my part, given at that time I was just starting to learn this game's spawn mechanics. I'm able to pop rare spawns pretty fast on PC now, though. The occasional times I ride the Arabian from up north I seem to get way less moose and cougars. (Might also be biased on my part because I've had a disliking towards Arabians since learning about their trash bravery.)

 

I actually haven't tested that myself, though. Like... ever. Ever since I switched to PC I've gone back and forth between Dark Bay Turkoman and Silver Dapple Pinto MFT. Also not sure if bonding affects spawn rates, but it very well may.

 

This is an intriguing test that I should've done a long time ago... I'm gonna get on it now, lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

For anyone who finds this thread in the future, and has the same problem with panthers not spawning in story mode, and has tried every other option, this is what rockstar support advised me to do, and what finally worked for me, albeit only after two irl days, and only near Lakay, still can't get any to spawn near Old Harry Fen.

 

 

Performing a Clean Boot on Windows 10

 

1. Sign into your computer using an account with Administrator privileges
2. Press the Windows key to bring up the Start Menu
3. In the Search box on the Taskbar, type msconfig and select System Configuration
4. On the Services tab under System Configuration
5. Select the Hide all Microsoft services check box (this is important before following the next step)
6. Disable all services except the Rockstar Games Library Service
7. Select the Startup tab under System Configuration
8. Select Open Task Manager
9. Select the Startup tab under Task Manager
10. Select each item and then click Disable
11. Close Task Manager
12. On the Startup tab under System Configuration
13. Select OK to apply the settings

Edited by Kayfilmac
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I'm beginning to speculate whether horse breeds and/or gear have something to do with spawn rates. For the last several months, I've saddled my horses with either the Cougar Saddle or Alligator Saddle.  When I hopped on yesterday I re-equipped the Panther Saddle. Ever since then, even just half an hour ago, I've been able to get way more cougars and moose to spawn. Panther spawns don't seem to have been affected, though. Perhaps equip Trapper saddles one by one and see if any in particular affect spawn rates for you?

 

I doubt main horse breed makes a difference, but then again I really only use the Dark Bay Turkoman, Silver Dapple Pinto MFT, Mahogany Bay Tennessee Walker, and Rachel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agent Edward
9 hours ago, subvod said:

I'm beginning to speculate whether horse breeds and/or gear have something to do with spawn rates. For the last several months, I've saddled my horses with either the Cougar Saddle or Alligator Saddle.  When I hopped on yesterday I re-equipped the Panther Saddle. Ever since then, even just half an hour ago, I've been able to get way more cougars and moose to spawn. Panther spawns don't seem to have been affected, though. Perhaps equip Trapper saddles one by one and see if any in particular affect spawn rates for you?

 

I doubt main horse breed makes a difference, but then again I really only use the Dark Bay Turkoman, Silver Dapple Pinto MFT, Mahogany Bay Tennessee Walker, and Rachel.

I have the same feeling about the Hero Pearl Grip on the Cattleman Revolver increasing the spawn rate of the western bull moose when the gun is equipped in the holster, but it's probably placebo.

Edited by Edward RDRIII
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Edward RDRIII said:

I have the same feeling about the Hero Pearl Grip on the Cattleman Revolver increasing the spawn rate of the western bull moose when the gun is equipped in the holster, but it's probably placebo.

 

Look at us coming up with bonkers conspiracy theories about spawn rate modifiers that probably don't exist. 😂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agent Edward
6 hours ago, subvod said:

 

Look at us coming up with bonkers conspiracy theories about spawn rate modifiers that probably don't exist. 😂

I swear that I found the western bull moose so easily when I had two Cattleman Revolvers in Arthur's holsters and a Carcano Rifle on his shoulder lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
wangsparkinglot

Parakeets are easy enough as long as you havent made them extinct, just camp away from hagans orchard and sleep and rinse and repeat until they appear in that long grass which you can see from the roof of the buidling by the river..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

billiejoearmstrong8

On this playthrough I killed all the parakeets in one go with a stick of volatile dynamite! Just rode up to Hagen Orchards and threw it on the ground where they spawn.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.