3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

"teapotuberhacker" Discussion/Awareness - Beware of impersonators

Akiva

2 minutes ago, GTA Plus Enjoyer said:

Someone thinks the real teapot was from the UAE and is now trying to make their English sound broken :prismkek:

right, people were thinking eh's from UAE just because he had that flag, people make their mind over nothing lmao

Interpol and the FBI probably have control of the accounts by now, and are building cases against everyone trying to buy the code, lol.

Honestly just reviewing his post history on gtaforums gives some pointers

GTA Forums:

Broken English
"is public server? invite me pls"

A bit is often used British phrase
"wtf, that case seems a bit extreme"

Telegram:

Broken English

"I just arrive at school now speak to everyone later"

Fat L
"GTAF is Banned"

The English he was using at the time of the leak and when he was quick-firing requests of specific bits of code was a lot better than the English he used later when he advertised his Telegram, from my personal perspective. I really don't think it's the OG person on the Telegram anymore.

nitw_nightmareeyes.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away

You have to wonder at this stage who would risk interacting with the TG account given that everyone is convinced the same group hit Uber, and Uber have said the FBI are involved:

https://www.uber.com/en-GB/newsroom/security-update/
There are two possibilities

1) It’s still teapot, in which case the feds will be watching it.

2) It’s not teapot, in which case it’s someone trying to scam you.

Then again, if it’s 2) the scammer hasn’t thought this through very carefully either. It’s a bit like a small time thief finding a murder weapon and thinking “I could pick a lock with that”

• Like 1

I think the fact that the Telegram has been threatening to leak more stuff for the past few days and yet nothing has been released kind of makes me convinced LilyHowarth isn't him

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spider-Vice said:

The English he was using at the time of the leak and when he was quick-firing requests of specific bits of code was a lot better than the English he used later when he advertised his Telegram, from my personal perspective. I really don't think it's the OG person on the Telegram anymore.

Did someone hijack his gtaforums account to post this then? https://archive.ph/JYKfj 

I cannot fathom why someone would go lengths to maintain this impostor identity without having access to actual leaked files. In long run I doubt anyone will give him any crypto or whatever hes after.

25 minutes ago, Akiva said:

If this is real then the next load of files have the potential to be be much more serious than some pre-production videos. Also Take-Two/Rockstar will be much more vigilant this time around, they'll have people monitoring the telegram group ready to get links taken down.

It doesn’t matter how quick T2/Rockstar respond. Someone still has to honour the request on the gofile end. 2 days is far far too long for anything of this scale. Yes links can be removed from immediate visibility but that doesn’t mean anything as we have seen with tools like waybackmachine.

Edited by DarkDayz

What a mess huh. Well, for one Lily not giving any glimpse into the source code for potential buyers is a huge giveaway its fake. Even Teapot gave us screenshots of the code to verify his/her claim.
Let's take a look at the facts. Teapot claims he got in through social engineering himself slack access from an employee. This seems to line up for the videos, but not for the code. From the screenshots I remember he mentioned he got 20k+ results for a random string search, that is crazy. So the amount of files he has is much much more. Now if we look back at the Uber hack, he managed to get full access into everything (but was too busy screenshotting stuff to steal anything from them). Slack is just a communication tool, it would still be crazy if only that leaked, but the signs seem to point to something more. What I'm thinking is that he didn't compromise just the slack, but some kind of Single Sign On. For those who don't know that is basically a service that is like "Log in with Google", but kinda different, companies are able to use this service to have their employees log into their services. Now, if someone manages to get into an account like this they'll be able to access the repositories and all that stuff through that.  Now, going back to the Uber hack again, in the articles it was mentioned he got access to the corporate VPN. Again, for those who don't know its basically the same as a normal VPN, but hosted by the employer, you will only be able to access most things if you go through this VPN. A sane company would only let you access the code repos through their VPN, but we don't know if that was the case with R*.  Usually repositories also have documentation/articles near them to guide new employees in setting up their work environment. Also sometimes companies also do internal newsletters to how things are going (with development and stuff). Not sure if R* would do this, but I have seen it at other places before. Now to the people saying shouldn't R* notice someone downloading all that? I'd say no, it isn't out of the ordinary. There can be many reasons for having to pull a repo at once, like a new employee getting started on a project, or somebody reset their machine and they need to pull everything again and many others.
TLDR: Teapot prolly has everything he claims to have, but he might already be arrested at this point. Lily is prolly fake though.

Edited by LaszloR1

If Teapot isn't already in an interrogation room then he's got his head down somewhere and there's no way he's popping it back up.

Until this "Lily" proves otherwise it should be deemed a scam

• Like 2

yeah if it's actually him it's 🧢 and he does not have anything more than the videos and a little bid of the sc.

20 minutes ago, Vaaye said:

Honestly just reviewing his post history on gtaforums gives some pointers

GTA Forums:

Broken English
"is public server? invite me pls"

A bit is often used British phrase
"wtf, that case seems a bit extreme"

Telegram:

Broken English

"I just arrive at school now speak to everyone later"

Fat L
"GTAF is Banned"

I mean personally if I was about to commit one of the biggest ents thefts ever I would not speak like myself on a public forum. I don’t think it’s smart to try and analyse the way he types.

Edited by DarkDayz

21 minutes ago, ilRae said:

Interpol and the FBI probably have control of the accounts by now, and are building cases against everyone trying to buy the code, lol.

I doubt the FBI is using entrapment techniques or trying to build a case against any prospective buyers. 

Their sole aim will be to bring the hacker to justice. 

Edited by HitByAFlare

29 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

I don't think it's him either but not sure if his accounts are "compromised".

The alleged hacker belongs to a known ransomware group, with members supposedly in the UK & Brazil.

Is it not reasonable to believe he passed his account to someone else within the group? Confusing situation.

25 minutes ago, Lukas2580 said:

yeah if it's actually him it's 🧢 and he does not have anything more than the videos and a little bid of the sc.

Such a vague claim, there are countless of sites where you can host stuff and where it won’t get deleted that fast

Edited by joeri

5 minutes ago, LegacyKillaHD said:

I don't think it's him either but not sure if his accounts are "compromised".

The alleged hacker belongs to a known ransomware group, with members supposedly in the UK & Brazil.

Is it not reasonable to believe he passed his account to someone else within the group? Confusing situation.

That will line up with the natives from GitHub being posted by someone other than TeaPot.

Its safe to believe that hes not the sole person in possession of the full leak, far fetched but he might have gone rogue and started leaking on internet without his group approval hence he was ousted on the hacker forums? 

guys ur annoying so i find a link of the telegram and send message to an administrator, he thinks it’s fake too 

Edited by stxrrymomo
  • excuseme 1

GTA Plus Enjoyer
4 minutes ago, GHOOST said:
We milked the sh*t out of these 90 clips 
We need new stuff

New stuff is still being found in these clips, they're nowhere near milked enough. I think we've had enough leaks for now, ask for more and eventually someone will leak the story which is possibly the worst thing that could happen (apart from the entire source code, ofc).

Edited by GTA Plus Enjoyer

33 minutes ago, HitByAFlare said:

I doubt the FBI is using entrapment techniques or trying to build a case against any prospective buyers. 

Their sole aim will be to bring the hacker to justice. 

Since the lol missed ya, here is a /s. 

39 minutes ago, Lukas2580 said:

It seems like he's trying to come up with excuses to delay his claims even further. It's probably, as the mods suggested, not the original leaker.

Like he could post them wherever and before the DMCA hits, people would save tons of copies.

5 minutes ago, Tez2 said:

It seems like he's trying to come up with excuses to delay his claims even further. It's probably, as the mods suggested, not the original leaker.

Like he could post them wherever and before the DMCA hits, people would save tons of copies.

Probably buying more time to keep the show going, it's all about attention at this point I think

Edited by TheMalWare
  • Like 2

Y'all are so stubborn debating if it's him or not, let's just wait and see if something else really releases. Also he didn't kill anyone so thinking the FBI will be on his ass at any second is a stretch, they probably have a couple person investigating but that's it. 

Also, I don't understand where both of the following rumors comes from but it's annoying to see it everywhere, even in Uber statement, how do people assume he's a part of any group? How do people assume he's 16 or whatever age they give him? Every single day I see a new piece of information that's pulled out of air's ass and I don't get it

Given how hard he tried to prove his leak was real even though he provided the 90 videos by this point, I believe this telegram person would at the very least do something to prove they're legitimate.

Just now, CockStarGapes said:

Given how hard he tried to prove his leak was real even though he provided the 90 videos by this point, I believe this telegram person would at the very least do something to prove they're legitimate.

I think he's assuming people trust him since he gave his handle in the forum before to switch to Telegram. Post was just deleted by the team or after a T2 request

Making excuses as expected

Everything he had was released on Sunday

At least nothing about the plot has been leaked, otherwise would have been devasting for Rockstar and for us, gamers, because they would have been forced to change many things already developed

Is it confirmed that Lapsus$ was behind the hacking attack on Rockstar Games?

And @Rockstar can you confirm that these leaked videos isn't previous uploaded content from your own developer slack channels?

With a game set to be announced at {REMOVED} date. I don't understand why it looks so unfinished on the leaked materials.
This got me thinking maybe it's content from previous uploaded videos from your insider communication platform.

You've been hit by one of the biggest leaks in the game industry.
I'm really interested in hear your own thoughts about this. I believe the hackers found a hole into your system through your work-from-home period and employees accessing rockstar through an IP-Secured-VPN-Tunnel.

Does that mean you're going to upgrade your Network Security and IT Infrastructure in the whole concern and not allowing working from home anymore.

@teapotuberhacker remember! Breadcrumbs stays forever!

- XMNF

• Bruh 1
  • KEKW 2