3. Suggestions

"teapotuberhacker" Discussion/Awareness - Beware of impersonators

Akiva

3 minutes ago, Reddy_Dufresne said:

Is that like a known word in the english language? lol 

I'm not a native btw before you wonder.

I thought it was a neologism by darkviperAU

"IT WAS ONE IN A BAJILLION!!!"

Nah it's just one of those made up words that means a lot lol.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jason said:

No server would touch it, not one wanting to last anyway. Take-Two's already taken down FiveM once before and it only came back cause an agreement was struck.

Bit of a digression but what was their rationale for allowing FiveM back up? I’m guessing it wasn’t out of the kindness of their hearts. Recognising that users create online content that is good PR? Also doesn’t FiveM require proof you’ve purchased a legit copy of the game? But at the same time they might view it as siphoning off their player base and a threat - so I’m semi surprised the corporate guys (who in my experience tend to take a simplistic view of the world and their customers) allow it to exist.

EDIT - worried about an OpenIV debacle style backlash maybe?

Edited by Jimbatron

27 minutes ago, Jimbatron said:

Bit of a digression but what was their rationale for allowing FiveM back up? I’m guessing it wasn’t out of the kindness of their hearts. Recognising that users create online content that is good PR? Also doesn’t FiveM require proof you’ve purchased a legit copy of the game? But at the same time they might view it as siphoning off their player base and a threat - so I’m semi surprised the corporate guys (who in my experience tend to take a simplistic view of the world and their customers) allow it to exist.

I gathered it was a mix of R* being against T2's decision and T2 probably realising the backlash wasn't worth it. When FiveM came back it was after an agreement was made with T2 in terms of what  they could and couldn't do, such as they had to be an update behind.

In recent years FiveM servers have completely ignored this and increasingly monetised their servers which makes me think one day T2 will probably put their foot down again in some fashion - they certainly would not be the first dev to cut out monetised modded servers in their games.

• Like 2

Just an update on the "leaker" - his telegram account was active 20 minutes ago. Been over 36 hours since the account posted anything and it's only staying logged in for a few minutes at a time. Make of that what you will.

7 minutes ago, Akiva said:

Just an update on the "leaker" - his telegram account was active 20 minutes ago. Been over 36 hours since the account posted anything and it's only staying logged in for a few minutes at a time. Make of that what you will.

Imo, the account’s been compromised by someone else and it’s probably not the original hacker. Very sketchy stuff going on 

If FBI is involved in this sh*t, it's ridiculous. Murders, killers, drug dealers everywhere, naaaaaah man we finna look for the guy who shared the testing vids of a f*cking video game to help the corpo-rats.

It's literally the type of sh*t the entire series made fun about, now they're exactly the ones they used to make fun of.

Edited by lol232

Just now, lol232 said:

If FBI is involved in this sh*t, it's ridiculous. Murders, killers, drug dealers everywhere, naaaaaah man we finna look for the guy who shared the testing vids of a f*cking video game to help the corpo-rats.

It's literally the type of sh*t the entire series made fun about, now they're exactly the ones they used to make fun of.

As if everyone at the FBI is focused on 1 autistic kid. 

1 minute ago, lol232 said:

money talks

2 minutes ago, lol232 said:

it´s still against the law lol.

does that make it right just bc it´s a video game company?
nah.

the teapot broke the law and comitted a crime.

there isn´t anything else to say about it.

1 minute ago, lol232 said:

The argument for me would be based on the answer to the following question: who does this gang hit next if they are allowed to operate unchecked?

Who is to say they won’t go after a bank or a government agency. The damage they could do if they successfully gained access would be worrying.

It seems pretty certain it’s the same lot who hit Uber etc. So it’s not just about R*, it’s about the cumulative damage they cause to multiple businesses. That’s why it’s worth the Feds getting involved. To be fair it’s Uber who have said they were working with the FBI already. R* isn’t a special case as far as law enforcement are concerned.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rollschuh2282 said:

it´s still against the law lol.

does that make it right just bc it´s a video game company?
nah.

the teapot broke the law and comitted a crime.

there isn´t anything else to say about it.

That's true, but it reminds me a lot about things Rockstar tends to make fun of.

"Look at them respond so fast when the guy calling 9/11 is a billionaire" or something.

17 minutes ago, Acidify said:

Imo, the account’s been compromised by someone else and it’s probably not the original hacker. Very sketchy stuff going on 

It's looking more and more likely.

38 minutes ago, TheMalWare said:

As if everyone at the FBI is focused on 1 autistic kid. 

If this didnt happen I could see it being a side plot/ mission. Of course Rockstar wont wanna give the kid any attention though 

48 minutes ago, lol232 said:

2 minutes ago, igrvks said:

How do I remove accidental quotes lol

FBI has multiple departments, murder investigators don't do financial investigations etc. They also have enough budget where one investigation is not taking resources from something else. 

Edited by igrvks

UPDATE:

Leaker has just posted that he is looking for somewhere to host files to avoid DMCA. No indication of what files. Stay vigilant, could be a scam. I'll believe it when I see it.

I still don't think Teapotuber is a 17 year old guy from Lapsus$. After all this riveted attention and attracting doxing, hardly anyone continued to write. I am sure that this is a man from Arab countries.

7 minutes ago, Akiva said:

UPDATE:

Leaker has just posted that he is looking for somewhere to host files to avoid DMCA. No indication of what files. Stay vigilant, could be a scam. I'll believe it when I see it.

What I find interesting - if this person is legit now just a random scammer and not the OG hacker - is why we haven’t heard of anyone being scammed *yet*. 

Whoever is behind that Lily account has been in that telegram group for days and days. If you were an opportunist, looking to make a quick buck, wouldn’t you scam someone quick and get out asap?

To counter my own thoughts, I suppose they could be trying to scam people in private dms, and just biding time to do it, but no one has reported anything of the sort. 

Edited by HitByAFlare

5 minutes ago, RedDeadRus said:

I still don't think Teapotuber is a 17 year old guy from Lapsus$. After all this riveted attention and attracting doxing, hardly anyone continued to write. I am sure that this is a man from Arab countries.

Imagine if the hackers who ratted out the alleged kid did it on purpose to distract TakeTwo and FBI from the real hacker? 🤔

19 minutes ago, RedDeadRus said:

What do you mean by ‘hardly anyone continued to write’? Lost me there 

Edited by HitByAFlare

14 minutes ago, Akiva said:

UPDATE:

If it was actually him he’d just use Gofile again. The link was active for such a long time that said files would spread quicker than the site would respond to a DMCA.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DarkDayz said:

If it was actually him he’d just use Gofile again. The link was active for such a long time that said files would spread quicker than the site would respond to a DMCA.

Maybe he wants the files to stay up for a even longer time? Afterall the Gofile link only lasted a couple of days.

Edited by Alex001

11 minutes ago, Acidify said:

Imagine if the hackers who ratted out the alleged kid did it on purpose to distract TakeTwo and FBI from the real hacker? 🤔

No, he’s more like a bastard fish, he literally phishing on the internet all day. 

That new Lily account

Hes using broken english with his new telegram, “I try find” instead of “I am trying to find”. For someone from UK and English as first language it seems his  “new” account is being used by a impostor.

Or like some other users pointed out, the guy is still out there with the source code and that pdf loaded with spoilers.

1 minute ago, Vaaye said:

That new Lily account

Hes using broken english with his new telegram, “I try find” instead of “I am trying to find”. For someone from UK and English as first language it seems his  “new” account is being used by a impostor.

Or like some other users pointed out, the guy is still out there with the source code and that pdf loaded with spoilers.

He's not from the UK. If its who everyone believes it to be he's Albanian and has been living in the UK for some time.

1 minute ago, Vaaye said:

That new Lily account

Didnt he use broken English on his first posts on the GTA forums? Ive never got the impression he was from the UK from his initial posts here tbh

11 minutes ago, DarkDayz said:

If this is real then the next load of files have the potential to be be much more serious than some pre-production videos. Also Take-Two/Rockstar will be much more vigilant this time around, they'll have people monitoring the telegram group ready to get links taken down.

1 minute ago, MapMan01 said:

Didnt he use broken English on his first posts on the GTA forums? Ive never got the impression he was from the UK from his initial posts here tbh

Nope not that much. Please refer back to the summary post above, there's plenty to believe that this guy currently isn't even the original hacker or leaker.

nitw_nightmareeyes.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away

GTA Plus Enjoyer

Someone thinks the real teapot was from the UAE and is now trying to make their English sound broken :prismkek: