Mapping Vice City / Map Discussion Thread (NO LEAK FOOTAGE ALLOWED)

Fido_le_muet
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

Please keep any and all discussions of map expansions, Los Santos or whatever in the dedicated thread, this is for analysis of the GTA VI map.

Map Expansions Thread

Agent Edward
4 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Update :

- added a few missing buildings around Vice Beach

- added the big building next to the freeway from the tiktok leak

- moved the biker gang scene North following new analysis by @lxr and other Discord members

- added a RON gas station marker North of the Overton district (glimpsed in the leaks) 

- added hills around Port Gellhorn

ABmSVrB.png

This map will look so f*cking rad once it's finished!

• Like 1

BMXMario
On 3/4/2024 at 1:44 AM, lxr said:

It's been 1 ½ years, and we're still looking for SCHLOTT CONSTRUCTION (South of Hank's Waffles)...

hzpWp2u.png

(model by tanzin)

Help on locating this building would be greatly appreciated, you can head to the Operation Schlott section of the official Mapping Discord to find out more.

Out of the hundreds of buildings shown in the trailer and leaks, this specific building is one of the very few that has NOT been matched to a real-life location yet.

It's becoming more plausible after an extensive, multi-person search that this building isn't located in Panama City, making it an anomaly for Port Gellhorn.

Locations along the US 98 have also been checked, but not many structures have even come close to resembling this very unique building.

IF this building exists in real life, it may give pointers as to what other locations Rockstar may have scouted back in 2015-16.

Zulu412
On 3/10/2024 at 3:26 AM, HadACoolName said:

I do hope the Bay Harbour islands make it into the game, so we can see Dexter's apartment.

& we can own it!

6 hours ago, Zulu412 said:

& we can own it!

I think why not add a side quest chain where a Dexter-like character stalks players before attempting to execute them? There could be variations to how you meet him, like he could also pose as a stranger you meet at random events, or it could be one of the many faces you saw in a police station or a random crime scene investigation. The whole interaction could play out sporadically over 7–10 real hours of gameplay, so you wouldn't know when or where he strikes.

And after you manage to get rid of him, you unlock the apartment as a safe house and of course, Dexter's classic kill outfit.

dexkill-main.jpg?resize=320,559&ssl=1

• Realistic Steak! 1

bakerach
16 hours ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Update :

- added a few missing buildings around Vice Beach

- added the big building next to the freeway from the tiktok leak

- moved the biker gang scene North following new analysis by @lxr and other Discord members

- added a RON gas station marker North of the Overton district (glimpsed in the leaks) 

- added hills around Port Gellhorn

ABmSVrB.png

I'm assuming the moon/Mars will be in the next update, right?

Pashaforever
1 hour ago, Zapper said:

I think why not add a side quest chain where a Dexter-like character stalks players before attempting to execute them? There could be variations to how you meet him, like he could also pose as a stranger you meet at random events, or it could be one of the many faces you saw in a police station or a random crime scene investigation. The whole interaction could play out sporadically over 7–10 real hours of gameplay, so you wouldn't know when or where he strikes.

And after you manage to get rid of him, you unlock the apartment as a safe house and of course, Dexter's classic kill outfit.

This would be so cool, HD Universe games seem to always have a killer or a stalker as a side mission (Eddie Low, Selma, Peter Dreyfuss) I hope we get a character similar to them again.

BeauCaliente01
4 hours ago, Zapper said:

Yes! ¡Si! Ya!....all the yeses 

TheHoover69
18 hours ago, BMXMario said:

Help on locating this building would be greatly appreciated, you can head to the Operation Schlott section of the official Mapping Discord to find out more.

Out of the hundreds of buildings shown in the trailer and leaks, this specific building is one of the very few that has NOT been matched to a real-life location yet.

It's becoming more plausible after an extensive, multi-person search that this building isn't located in Panama City, making it an anomaly for Port Gellhorn.

Locations along the US 98 have also been checked, but not many structures have even come close to resembling this very unique building.

IF this building exists in real life, it may give pointers as to what other locations Rockstar may have scouted back in 2015-16.

This is the closest match I could find at this time. I found this building in St. Augustine of all places, well away from Panama City. It could very likely be that the Schlott building is inspired by similar looking buildings such as this one. As you can see, this structure isn't constructed with brick materials like the render shows. I'll keep looking to see if I can find a better match.

107 Allgood Cir

St. Augustine, FL

GlhYAzW.png

hzpWp2u.png

Edited by TheHoover69
  • Like 6

lazefps
18 hours ago, BMXMario said:

OPERATION SCHLOTT!

CuzaCutuza

Has anyone figured out what the bridge in Americas 2022-09-07 13-04-13 is? I'm saying bridge because it looks like one, but it might be terrain elevation. Its right below the EXIT button. 

6 minutes ago, CuzaCutuza said:

Has anyone figured out what the bridge in Americas 2022-09-07 13-04-13 is? I'm saying bridge because it looks like one, but it might be terrain elevation. Its right below the EXIT button. 

No, not really. And the issue is that a bridge doesn't make too much sense there.

One recent theory was that it could be part of Homestead-Miami Speedway, since there are a few black pixels to the left of the water tower that could be the tower at the racetrack. Also note the water tower in the image below. But I'm not sure if that is a 100% convincing explanation.

SXmZLEl.jpg

• Like 2

Spider-Vice

Pinned Fido's new map update, I'm usually on top of it but it took me a bit this time.

• Like 1

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

CuzaCutuza
2 minutes ago, lxr said:

No, not really. And the issue is that a bridge doesn't make too much sense there.

One recent theory was that it could be part of Homestead-Miami Speedway, since there are a few black pixels to the left of the water tower that could be the tower at the racetrack. Also note the water tower in the image below. But I'm not sure if that is a 100% convincing explanation.

SXmZLEl.jpg

That's actually very interesting. I've never really seen a wide water tower like that so it stands out. I also pulled it up on the map and its in the general direction of it. Feel like this might be it. Time will tell.

29 minutes ago, CuzaCutuza said:

I've never really seen a wide water tower like that so it stands out.

Not even the one we were expecting, which appears to be at least twice as tall.

AwvPpM1.png

Leonida Man
1 hour ago, CuzaCutuza said:

I always thought it was the start of the Keys causeway.

Seen here in the trailer:
spacer.png

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Leonida Man said:

Then it would be hard to explain why we don't see the water tower in the trailer.

RickRick
16 minutes ago, Leonida Man said:

Seen here in the trailer:
spacer.png

The bridge seen in the leak is likely off-screen to the right of the opening shot.

Maybe something like this then?:

image.png?ex=66033980&is=65f0c480&hm=fd7

The bridge that you mentioned in the opening shot is likely the Keys Causeway as it lines up pretty well with the Homestead minimap.

Edited by RickRick
  • Like 2
  • Bruh 1

8 minutes ago, RickRick said:

The bridge seen in the leak is likely off-screen to the right of the opening shot.

I like the Speedway theory (also because there seems to be something at the far left edge of the screen)... but the tower shouldn't be outside of the track.

EDIT: And there shouldn't be any trees shining through, ideally.

Edited by lxr

BMXMario
8 hours ago, TheHoover69 said:

This is the closest match I could find at this time. I found this building in St. Augustine of all places, well away from Panama City. It could very likely be that the Schlott building is inspired by similar looking buildings such as this one. As you can see, this structure isn't constructed with brick materials like the render shows. I'll keep looking to see if I can find a better match.

107 Allgood Cir

St. Augustine, FL

GlhYAzW.png

hzpWp2u.png

I don't mind that one at all. Here are two other close finds, brought up by me in the Mapping Discord:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Realistic Steak! 1

Leonida Man
1 hour ago, lxr said:

I like the Speedway theory (also because there seems to be something at the far left edge of the screen)... but the tower shouldn't be outside of the track.

Shining through the trailer frame or the leaked clip? 

_NLine_
On 2/26/2024 at 12:23 AM, DuPz0r said:

v0.043
I still have a huge list of things to add & change, but this will do for this update!
Added Viewing cones to all the markers to represent general viewing direction (The angle of the cones are only representative of the direction).
Changed Speculative location markers which now have red outlines to distinguish them from known location markers.
Tagged all the coordinate markers with their corresponding clip names, and changed the naming for the markers in the Key.
Adjusted the angle of Rockridge & stockyard to match calculations/evidence and better fit the coordinates.
Added missing roads from the edges of one of the Rockridge mini-maps and refined water's edge in that area.
Named several buildings in Rockridge.
Fixed an error where I tagged 'St. Joseph's in purple when it should have been red.
Added Brickell Key One & Two buildings to the map, and switched the Tequesta point names to their correct places.
Added more details to the leaked industrial area opposite the state prison.
Placed the speculative location marker for the 'High Rollerz' scene.
Placed the speculative location marker for the 'Hammer Hamlet' lady.
Added Bayfront Heights, the Y VC & Gates/Continental to Vice Beach area and a few small various fixes.
Updated the speculative terrain and building positions in Washington Beach once again, to better support the evidence.
Updated the route for the i404 based on new evidence.
Made some adjustments to the Key landmass near the camera, based on new evidence, and an airbase/runway based on speculative evidence.
Added more buildings to the Vice Beach area based on new evidence.
Updated contributing users to the credits.
GTAMappingv0.043.png?ex=65ee322b&is=65db

2022-05-20 11-20-13 not in coordinate

On 3/12/2024 at 11:51 PM, Leonida Man said:

Shining through the trailer frame or the leaked clip? 

In the leaked clip. Makes it look more like a bridge.

3 hours ago, _NLine_ said:

2022-05-20 11-20-13 not in coordinate

The location is the same as in 2021-09-10 16-37-50 – but you're right in that the south-facing cone of vision is missing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lxr said:

The location is the same as in 2021-09-10 16-37-50 – but you're right in that the south-facing cone of vision is missing.

2022-05-20 11-20-13 Hotel ARCHIPELAGO Rockstar like to compose names

Edited by Antaxi

bakerach
31 minutes ago, Antaxi said:

2022-05-20 11-20-13 Hotel ARCHIPELAGO Rockstar like to compose names

There are lots of archipelagos in and around Florida.  The Keys are an archipelago, also the Bahamas and the Sea Islands

BigMike01

I was looking at the trailer, specifically at 00:18, near 500 Brickell Condo and I saw a crossing gate on the left side. Could that be for the Metro?

https://imgur.com/a/fbN3hMq

Edited by BigMike01
Could not insert picture

rusty_browns_ring_donuts

I also thought about, if this whole shot is out of a metro. 

Fido_le_muet
1 hour ago, BigMike01 said:

I was looking at the trailer, specifically at 00:18, near 500 Brickell Condo and I saw a crossing gate on the left side. Could that be for the Metro?

https://imgur.com/a/fbN3hMq

It's a drawbridge barrier. There's one on Brickell Avenue and another on S Miami Avenue

ChillyPhilly
On 3/13/2024 at 7:46 AM, lxr said:

The white tower reminds me of a weather station tower (this is one in Australia):

AF1QipMXpfLNvtNEQ3_PcUmiuplsh0KdoDd6Oy6VFubR=w408-h306-k-no

_NLine_
6 hours ago, lxr said:

20.05.2022 13.11.2022 near Opera Tower on the map, but coordinates near 2021-09-10 16-37-50