About Lucia and Jason...

TheR3PTILE

1 hour ago, LucidLocomotive said:

My biggest dread and worry is they'll make them unexperienced. My largest hope-&-prayer is that they will have a backstory that will make it make SENSE for them to be capable of killing as many cops as they inevitably will eventually. They need to be ex-military or ex-merryweather. This is one of my bigger hopes-&-prayers. With Niko? He fought in a war, this is nothing. It makes much sense that he'd be able to take down 20 hood-gangsters or mafia-mobsters all by himself in a gunfight. For V? Michael literally slaughtering 30 merryweather mercenaries who are pulling off an assault on his home? Is extremely silly and made me non-immersed. 

How many gta protagonists have any military experience? 3 out of ALL of the ones we’ve had. it doesn’t really need to make sense and I feel like it’s a cop out to just use “military training” as an excuse for being able to gun down waves of enemies. Hell, most people irl die after only being shot once, So if that breaks your immersion you’ll probably hate it.

Edited by REVENGE777
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LucidLocomotive said:

My biggest dread and worry is they'll make them unexperienced.

I'm also concerned about that. After the Saints Row reboot trying that and failing and a lot of people over the years wanting something like that I don't want an unexperianced criminal. Let them have some experience I want them to be small time criminals trying to go the major leagues. They both need to have had some sort of rap sheet and criminal records.

Edited by Zello
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rajder said:

My question is: what does lucia see in jason? She has a thing for rednecks/florida men or what:modkek:

I hope Luis makes a cameo and she cheats on Jason with Luis :kekw::prismkek::sadkek::jkek:

The bigger question is, what if I don't want Lucia as my romantic/criminal partner and the other way around? Also, this whole angle seems forced on the player, if true. Its like trying to be different for the heck of doing so. We'll just have to wait and see I suppose.  

• Like 1
  • WTF?! 1
  • KekCringe 1

Johnny Blackbird
8 minutes ago, Zello said:

I hope Luis makes a cameo and she cheats on Jason with Luis :kekw::prismkek::sadkek::jkek:

Then Jason kills Luis and feed him to the aligators in Everglades:jkek:

9 hours ago, EddoesAndYam said:

Well, I'm intrigued to see how R* can pull off a potential romance story, there was hints of that in RDR2 with Arthur and Mary.

I notice you said Mary and not Sadie. That could've easily been a love story. We also saw hints of this type of thing as far back as GTA III and then somewhat fully realised in San Andreas with Catalina (robbing stores with you) and Denise (who would shoot gang members).

user posted image

I still don't like Jasons name being Jason. I can't stop thinking about Jason Schrier and GTAF mod @Jason :kekw:

They look too young to become bad ass criminals like Trevor or Michael. Robberies are one aspect of them.

It would be good to see other aspects of thier character. Drugs, criminal empire/Taking over vice city etc.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Radz said:

They look too young to become bad ass criminals like Trevor or Michael. Robberies are one aspect of them.

It would be good to see other aspects of thier character. Drugs, criminal empire/Taking over vice city etc.

franklin was 25 and CJ was 24. Considerably young. Gotta start somewhere.

42 minutes ago, Great Britain said:

The bigger question is, what if I don't want Lucia as my romantic/criminal partner and the other way around? Also, this whole angle seems forced on the player, if true. Its like trying to be different for the heck of doing so. We'll just have to wait and see I suppose.  

I hated Trevor but was forced to suffer through his parts of the story. We don’t get to choose the characters or the story, good or bad.

I just hope they will be a lot more likable than the GTA V protagonist, Michael, Franklin, and Trevor had their momments but they are not as likable as Niko, CJ, Luis, Johhny, etc. 

I'm also glad that it seems the rags to riches story is coming back, I kinda wasn't the fan of playing washed-up robber with family problems in GTA V.  

Lucia looks interesting and Jason looks a bit like a douche, but i assume he looks like that because whoever playtested the game put him in those clothes or those are his starting clothes, if RDR2 taught me anything, it's don't judge a protagonist before the game is out, everyone thought Arthur will be an asshole and now he is one of the top tier protagonists in my book. 

One of Wisemen
1 hour ago, MrBreak16 said:

Go on the subreddit r/LuciaGTA6, they are already at it :kekw:

Internet has never changed. It's like the reaction on RE's Lady Dimitrescu all over again, but this will be far more grandiose.

• Best Bru 1
  • KEKW 2

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, REVENGE777 said:

franklin was 25 and CJ was 24. Considerably young. Gotta start somewhere.

I hated Trevor but was forced to suffer through his parts of the story. We don’t get to choose the characters or the story, good or bad.

We should be, that's what I feel and quite honestly see as a direction many developers would have to take to try and be original. Like I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, having the freedom to actually do what you want, be with who you like, to the point where you end up literally never encountering a particular mission or scenario/outcome despite having played the game for a decade, just because you made a small little random choice somewhere in the game at some point. 

P.s Trevor kinda grew on me I must admit, so I'm hoping that remains the case with the upcoming duo as well. 

1 hour ago, Zello said:

So that's the reason for Luis' death, damn Zello, you're spoiling the game!

1 hour ago, Magic_Al said:

Maximum controversy and media coverage for the game would be unleashed if the first-ever female GTA story protagonist can get pregnant and the player can choose endings A, B, or C.

Imagine Lucia discovering she's pregnant and then she says "No redneck baby getting outta dis pusseh", then boom shoots herself in the gut... :prismkek:

Edited by Edward RDRIII

On 9/19/2022 at 2:05 PM, Patrizio said:

Lucia gives me Catalina vibes (tough and no nonsense) Jason on the other hand looks he's drumming for Blink 182. Doesnt give me GTA vibes. I can see her working for cartels but not him. Hopefully his style is just a placeholder.

I'm curious about the "shared" weapon system though.

Totally agree. Nobody in Vice City would have a deal with a guy like him

• Like 1
  • Bruh 1
  • WTF?! 1

2 hours ago, Rajder said:

My question is: what does lucia see in jason? She has a thing for rednecks/florida men or what:modkek:

Jason looks cool. Guess we can dress him, too. Maybe he isn´t even redneck but just kind of "normal" guy.

Johnny Blackbird
16 minutes ago, el carlitos said:

Jason looks cool. Guess we can dress him, too. Maybe he isn´t even redneck but just kind of "normal" guy.

In the strip club he looks fresh and buff so i guess that redneck attire won't be in a game for long

i hope those aren't the only two characters if the map is at least 3 times big. especially if their are islands and the likes of cuba to the south.

Retro_Causality
On 9/19/2022 at 3:05 AM, Patrizio said:

Lucia gives me Catalina vibes (tough and no nonsense) Jason on the other hand looks he's drumming for Blink 182. Doesnt give me GTA vibes. I can see her working for cartels but not him. Hopefully his style is just a placeholder.

I'm curious about the "shared" weapon system though.

i doubt Jason's model is a placeholder, its too detailed

I think if they breakup during the story it's going to be super toxic

:kekw:

Edited by Zello

31 minutes ago, GrandTheftAutoVI said:

i hope those aren't the only two characters if the map is at least 3 times big. especially if their are islands and the likes of cuba to the south.

Well how many protagonists you want? Lol

Jason needs to get rid of those bracelets. That sh*t looks corny man...

Retro_Causality
1 hour ago, Zello said:

Jason needs to get rid of those bracelets. That sh*t looks corny man...

What bracelets?

Just now, Retro_Causality said:

What bracelets?

on his wrists.

1 hour ago, DODI3OG said:

And given the fact she's also done work within theatre, along side Cali Elizabeth Moore.

8 minutes ago, Retro_Causality said:

What bracelets?

Spoiler

s-l400.jpg