About Lucia and Jason...

TheR3PTILE

On 3/22/2024 at 3:47 PM, NewCrossGate said:

I’m telling you now Jason will be one of those white guys from the hood 

He seems like a redneck-Eminem

Assuming the Tulip seen in the trailer is indeed a personal vehicle and not stolen off the street, I'm not convinced the bumper stickers have any bearing on Jason's personality. They're clearly very old and weathered (see: the "Leonida panhandle" incident), meaning they very well could have been placed on the car decades before Jason got his hands on it. I've theorized in the past that it might be a hand-me-down from a relative or family friend, and in that case it could be one whose personality clashed majorly with Jason's. It could also just be a cheap junker that he bought from some random individual. Both cases also lead him to have no real emotional attachment to the car in the case that we can (hopefully) replace our PVs this time, but I digress.

Slosten.gif

I wonder what kind of vehicle Lucia's personal vehicle would be. Cheap sports bike maybe? My first idea was the recently added Fathom FR36 from GTA Online or the blue Chevy Sonic looking car we saw in the trailer and leaks or the early 1970's Ford Ranchero or a 10 to 25-year-old Vapid Dominator or the Imponte DF8-90 or the Bravado Feroci we also saw in the leaks, or it could be the Dinka RT3000 or a third generation Maibatsu Penumbra.

Edited by JE77
  • YEE 1

Dick Justice
3 hours ago, Pat said:

Assuming the Tulip seen in the trailer is indeed a personal vehicle and not stolen off the street, I'm not convinced the bumper stickers have any bearing on Jason's personality. They're clearly very old and weathered (see: the "Leonida panhandle" incident), meaning they very well could have been placed on the car decades before Jason got his hands on it. I've theorized in the past that it might be a hand-me-down from a relative or family friend, and in that case it could be one whose personality clashed majorly with Jason's. It could also just be a cheap junker that he bought from some random individual. Both cases also lead him to have no real emotional attachment to the car in the case that we can (hopefully) replace our PVs this time, but I digress.

We know Wyman is a crazed conspiracy-theorist, but the guy on the lawn chair who was copping the rant seemed quite mellow. The tulip might be his car. 

Edited by Dick Justice
  • Conspiracy! 2

TheHoover69
3 hours ago, Pat said:

I mean, even if he does have an emotional/sentimental connection with that car, he could lose it by way of some type of scripted event during the story. I was thinking it either ends up totaled in a bad crash, maybe it catches on fire due to an unforeseen mechanical or electrical malfunction, or they simply need to swap cars and Jason reluctantly junks it at a scrapyard. Either of those scenarios would be a good way to introduce the player to changing out their personal vehicles. 

OR

The Declasse Tulip is actually a possible option for us for when we're able to obtain or purchase our first personal vehicle, kinda like that bear hunting mission in RDR2. In that mission, we are introduced to stables, and we're directed by the game to purchase our first horse, plus there's more than one horse to choose from too. It simply could be that R* used the Tulip for the trailer because it was one of the other cooler cars the player can start with. I mean, the Ranchero wouldn't be a surprise anymore since it was shown in the leaks (yet they still used it for the promotional artwork, funnily enough). 

8 hours ago, Pat said:

Replacing PVs would require different cutscenes, no? For everytime the protagonist enters his vehicle I mean

22 minutes ago, Nyfyr said:

Replacing PVs would require different cutscenes, no? For everytime the protagonist enters his vehicle I mean

If it's a different kind of vehicle then yes, but if they keep it the same kind, then probably not. Like if you change the Tulip for another classic muscle car, like the new Mercury Couger looking car or the Sabre Turbo, Stallion, Impaler or the Dukes. It might have to be stuck as a classic four door muscle car like the Greenwood or the Eudora or maybe they add some new ones like a 1967 Impaler Seden or a Voodoo sedan? If it's a different one, then they make one for each basic vehicle style or for each basic vehicle type, they are around 12 or so, not so many, so they still can do it.

AfroUchiha

What does everyone think of something like a relationship meter with Lucia and Jason that can impact dialogue and the main story?

Hanging out together, going on dates, etc raises the relationship meter but picking up hookers or going to strip clubs brings it down.

19 minutes ago, AfroUchiha said:

What does everyone think of something like a relationship meter with Lucia and Jason that can impact dialogue and the main story?

Hanging out together, going on dates, etc raises the relationship meter but picking up hookers or going to strip clubs brings it down.

I like the idea, but I see that some players probably won't.

AnythingGoner
59 minutes ago, AfroUchiha said:

Can we please stop asking Rockstar North to add half-baked features that we'll gonna complain about it later anyway? The dating system in SA & IV were subpar as hell and no one liked them in the slightest. This is Grand Theft Auto, not Doki Doki Literature Club.

Edited by AnythingGoner

Spider-Vice
3 hours ago, AfroUchiha said:

The leaked footage already gave us an insight into what they might be planning in terms of a similar system to RDR2's honour but it likely won't be dating focused specifically lmao.

• Like 3

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

Klyredata
On 4/11/2024 at 2:29 PM, TheHoover69 said:

It’s an interesting peak into Jason’s personality that totally runs counter to the redneck thing that people like to attribute to him. It’s one of the things that has stuck out to me the most from the trailer.

Not only does he have the Cranky Hippie sticker, but he has one that is a peace sign with an American flag background, a Save The Bees sticker, a Say No To Nuclear Power sticker, and anti-Andrew Hope(?) stickers.

I’m willing to bet, if anything, that he may be some kind of pothead who has a laidback and chilled personality (when he’s not ruthlessly murdering his enemies and cops or committing felony armed robbery lol). And seeing that he shows off his political leanings on his car, maybe we can assume he likes to talk about politics and social issues from time to time. I wonder if that’s a part of what makes him attractive to Lucia. I think it’s also a good way of reflecting how different the two protagonists are from one another. We can see Lucia being the more hotheaded and guns blazing type, with Jason being the more cool and collected type. 

The Tulip could be stolen. However I see Jason like a normal floridian guy, not a redneck like some say not a pothead hippy, seems like a chill blue collar young guy (someone in another thread suggested that he could be a mechanic). I noticed he has those classics slip ons shoes vans look-a like shoes and a "punk-ish" style overall.

In movie references he reminds me a little bit one of that 90's young criminals portrayed like Woody Harrelson in Natural Born Killers, or Balthazar Getty in Lost Highway. 

Edited by Klyredata
  • Like 4

TheHoover69
1 hour ago, Klyredata said:

I noticed he has those classics slip ons shoes vans look-a like shoes and a "punk-ish" style overall.

He's most definitely a former member of Florida ska/punk band Less Than Jake :lmaokek:

txuuvu1362260515.jpg

Edited by TheHoover69
  • KEKW 2

helloworld
On 4/12/2024 at 3:46 PM, Spider-Vice said:

The leaked footage already gave us an insight into what they might be planning in terms of a similar system to RDR2's honour but it likely won't be dating focused specifically lmao.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a notoriety mechanic perhaps affecting NPC behaviour towards the protags, maybe even related to social media.

Edited by helloworld
  • Like 1
  • Conspiracy! 1

6 minutes ago, helloworld said:

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a notoriety mechanic perhaps affecting NPC behaviour towards the protags, maybe even related to social media.

Jason and Lucia to be redditors. Vlog mini-games to be confimed 😂

• 3 weeks later...
Dick Justice

Every once in a while I have to remind myself that Jason will be real character that we (hopefully) care about. I don't know if it's because of the leaks and his lack of presence in Trailer 1, but to me he still feels like a husk awaiting player input. Hard to believe that one day Jason might be as beloved as Arthur Morgan and Niko Bellic. 

• Like 4

JSF777

The Jason from the leaks was truly a redneck. He fitted better with the floridian ambience, but I don't think I could develop a sense of care for that protagonist the way I did for Arthur Morgan. The Jason from the trailer however, while it looks less floridian, it seems to have certain sensitivity that could potentially make me root for him. I hope the story can balance his simp with his badass personality. 

• Like 2

Getzmunney

Imagine if in this game you actually go to lock up if you get busted and there’s a cool out time. But the other protagonist is still free. So if you switch to the one in jail, you can actually do jail activities.

Jochko
Posted (edited)

About the Jason is a Cop theory personally I don’t believe in it. Part of the reason why I don’t is like why would they capture Lucia, she robs liquor stores, not banks. And not with an undercover cop, that’s too many resources. The only reason why they would have Jason as an undercover cop is if she was in some sort of cartel and I just don’t think Rockstar would do that kind of story for GTA VI and if she was in a cartel why would she not have more than one other crew member and she wouldn’t rob diners or liquor stores. I don’t know, I just really don’t like that theory

Edited by Jochko
  • Like 2

JSF777

I do believe he was a law enforcer, but not a cop. I think he was a warden in the jailhouse where Lucía was, and He fell in love with her there. Then He help her escape, and that's why the both of them are wanted fugitives.

BabaFamilias

What a buzzcut and a clean shirt does to a man...Jason went from being perceived as a "redneck crackhead" to an "undercover cop". 

Scotty05
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JSF777 said:

I do believe he was a law enforcer, but not a cop. I think he was a warden in the jailhouse where Lucía was, and He fell in love with her there. Then He help her escape, and that's why the both of them are wanted fugitives.

The only thing with this theory though is why would Lucia still have an ankle tag monitor on if she got help from Jason who is a warden surely he wouldn't put it on Lucia if they were trying to escape the prison because then Law Enforcement would just track her.

Edited by Scotty05
  • Like 2

Short Dawg
1 hour ago, BabaFamilias said:

What a buzzcut and a clean shirt does to a man...Jason went from being perceived as a "redneck crackhead" to an "undercover cop". 

GTA Community theory logic at it’s finest :kekw:

• KEKW 2

• 1 month later...

Maybe Lucia and Jason are partly based on the 1974 movie Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry.

On 5/1/2024 at 10:42 PM, Dick Justice said:

Every once in a while I have to remind myself that Jason will be real character that we (hopefully) care about. I don't know if it's because of the leaks and his lack of presence in Trailer 1, but to me he still feels like a husk awaiting player input. Hard to believe that one day Jason might be as beloved as Arthur Morgan and Niko Bellic. 

It reminds me of how absent Arthur's actual heart and personality was in the RDR2 marketing. I never got the vibe initially that he would be someone who writes and draws thoughtfully in a journal, and I love how subverted my expectations were when I played through the whole game. I'm guessing the next trailer will show a bit more of his personality, but even if very little is shown until the game releases, i'll be happy. More to discover in the game for ourselves.