About Lucia and Jason...

TheR3PTILE

Jason was redneck from trailer park in beta version, but R* change his appearance and maybe his background in final version.

Edited by Antaxi

Ser_Salty

wrong thread lol

Edited by Ser_Salty

Short Dawg
3 hours ago, Antaxi said:

Jason was redneck from trailer park in beta version, but R* change his appearance and maybe his background in final version.

It was never confirmed that he was ever a redneck , people just assumed so and ran with it 

6 minutes ago, Short Dawg said:

It was never confirmed that he was ever a redneck , people just assumed so and ran with it 

yeah he might be a redneck, he was looks like redneck, but now he looks different 

Short Dawg
32 minutes ago, Antaxi said:

yeah he might be a redneck, he was looks like redneck, but now he looks different 

Ofc he does , you gotta remember that we weren’t even supposed to see them in that stage of development 

Väinämöinen

All the recent white protagonist are rural guys. Micheal & Trevor, trailer trash from small towns. Arthur & John, hillbilly's. Niko, didn't have electricity until he was 12. The city slickers are Cole Phelps(SanFran), Jack Kelso(LA) and Johnny(Alderney), 2 of them are LA Noire protagonist. So i would say that the probabilities for Jason being a redneck/hillbilly or any kind of rural gentleman is high.

Lucia more likely represent the urban areas.

• Like 1
  • Bruh 1

NewCrossGate

Do you think Jason will be able to get cornrows ? 

• Bruh 1

Dick Justice
6 hours ago, Väinämöinen said:

All the recent white protagonist are rural guys. Micheal & Trevor, trailer trash from small towns. Arthur & John, hillbilly's. Niko, didn't have electricity until he was 12. The city slickers are Cole Phelps(SanFran), Jack Kelso(LA) and Johnny(Alderney), 2 of them are LA Noire protagonist. So i would say that the probabilities for Jason being a redneck/hillbilly or any kind of rural gentleman is high.

That's they way it should be, in my opinion. It works well having characters that "fit" into all the different settings within the game. I kind of feel like most of Blaine County was wasted, can you imagine how much worse that would be if Trevor didn't exist. Jason being a country guy opens up so much more gameplay opportunity, like hunting, fishing and backyard wrestling. While Lucia being urban connects more to the clubs, street takeovers and nightlife. 

paperback_cypher
20 hours ago, Väinämöinen said:

His accent (we only heard him speak one word lmao), didn't make him sound too rural. Probably not a leonida native but probably some city guy

helloworld
3 hours ago, paperback_cypher said:

His accent (we only heard him speak one word lmao), didn't make him sound too rural. Probably not a leonida native but probably some city guy

We can hear him speak in some leaked clips, especially the robbery clip.

Agent Edward

He don't have no hillbilly accent.

• Like 1

Agent Edward

It's crazy to think that Rockstar only have done the character switch mechanic once and they already mastered it all the way back in 2013, I wonder how much better it will be this time aound with only Jason and Lucia, having way more character switch cutscenes and such, specially now that they only have to worry about two instead of three, being able to put way more focus in them.

Edited by Agent Edward
  • Like 3

Miss Darko
14 minutes ago, Agent Edward said:

It's crazy to think that Rockstar only have done the character switch mechanic once and they already mastered it all the way back in 2013, I wonder how much better it will be this time aound with only Jason and Lucia, having way more character switch cutscenes and such, specially now that they only have to worry about two instead of three, being able to put way more focus in them.

I'm hoping that streamlining it to two characters and giving them a partners in crime dynamic means that we can freely explore the world as both characters together, with one as an AI companion. When we're wanted we can have them shooting at cops while we drive, or vice versa, allowing us to focus our attention on one task at a time while seamlessly switching between the two characters freely (which I imagine would be instant when they're close to each other). Any vehicle in the game would conceivably be able to accommodate two people if necessary, even if it's one of them hanging on the back of a bicycle. This sort of thing could genuinely be transformative in how players engage with the game in the context of GTA as a series depending on how far R* decides to take it. I have a feeling that it would also be taking inspiration from player to player interactions in Online to sort of bring the two closer to parity in terms of systems.

Ser_Salty
1 hour ago, Miss Darko said:

I'm hoping that streamlining it to two characters and giving them a partners in crime dynamic means that we can freely explore the world as both characters together, with one as an AI companion. When we're wanted we can have them shooting at cops while we drive, or vice versa, allowing us to focus our attention on one task at a time while seamlessly switching between the two characters freely (which I imagine would be instant when they're close to each other). Any vehicle in the game would conceivably be able to accommodate two people if necessary, even if it's one of them hanging on the back of a bicycle. This sort of thing could genuinely be transformative in how players engage with the game in the context of GTA as a series depending on how far R* decides to take it. I have a feeling that it would also be taking inspiration from player to player interactions in Online to sort of bring the two closer to parity in terms of systems.

I'm fully expecting this based on the clips. The diner robbery with that quick communication option, Lucia shooting from the back of a moving truck, the two clips testing passenger drive by mechanics/animations (once with Lucia wielding a pistol in the front passenger seat, and once with Jason leaning completely out of the car with an assault rifle in the backseat). I truly do believe that that is gonna be the big innovation this time around. GTA V had three separate protagonists, and VI is gonna have a dual protagonist, if you get what I mean by that.

And in terms of 1 seat vehicles, well, just do what the Saints Row series and even GTA 4 did (in the EFLC drug wars at least) and have them follow in another vehicle. Set the priority to getting a vehicle of the same type, so if you steal a bicycle as Jason, and there's another bicycle nearby, Lucia will go and grab that and you can ride around as a little bicycle posse.

Dick Justice

I'm sure they're going for more of a fluid character switch dynamic this time around. GTAV was quite limited by the tech they were working with at the time. You can tell they really wanted the characters to feel like they still existed outside of who you were playing as, but anyone who played single-player for more than 50 hours saw the same transition scenes multiple times. The mask came off fairly quickly that characters were not going about their daily lives while you weren't playing as them, outside of a brief standstill / walkaway if you arrived at where they were quickly enough after a switch. Note how you couldn't switch between characters when on a "hangout."

Cut five years ahead to RDR2, if you stand on the cliff opposite Horseshoe Overlook and pull out your binoculars, you can see Abigail reading to Jack and Charles chopping wood. It truly felt like the characters continued to exist while you weren't around. Now, I'm sure this is a little bit of designer f*ckery and the game didn't need to worry about switching between multiple playable characters at once, but you can tell this was a something the game wanted to tackle.

I'm sure Rockstar will want to take it one step further in GTAVI. Like @Ser_Salty is saying, it's very likely they're pushing for more of a dual protagonist approach which is a really good way of articulating the fundamental differences between the V trio and VI's duo: Jason and Lucia are two parts to a whole.

• Like 8

Agent Edward
4 hours ago, Miss Darko said:

Yeah, but even if Jason and Lucia spends 90% of the free roam time together, I'm sure that we'll be able to explore the world with only one of them alone just the same, so the switch cutscenes are needed.

Personano
6 hours ago, Miss Darko said:

I'm hoping that streamlining it to two characters and giving them a partners in crime dynamic means that we can freely explore the world as both characters together, with one as an AI companion. When we're wanted we can have them shooting at cops while we drive, or vice versa, allowing us to focus our attention on one task at a time while seamlessly switching between the two characters freely (which I imagine would be instant when they're close to each other).

This sounds fantastic. We could start a chase as Lucia and switch to Jason in the back or passenger seat to fire at incoming vehicles while the AI follows any road ahead of them. It's basically our own cool story mission chase whenever we want :wtfmichael:

• Like 2
  • YEE 1

Miss Darko
2 hours ago, Agent Edward said:

Yeah, but even if Jason and Lucia spends 90% of the free roam time together, I'm sure that we'll be able to explore the world with only one of them alone just the same, so the switch cutscenes are needed.

Oh yeah I mean that wasn't meant to be a challenge to that idea. I fully expect those to get fleshed out, but I didn't have as much to say about that. I'm curious to see how that transition is handled, whether they'll stick to the sort of satellite view that GTA V had.

• Like 3

propanecocaine71

I too hope we have a companion system or buddy ai when free roaming with Jason and Lucia. Rdr2 was supposed to have the feature but was cut because they couldn't get it quite right to my knowledge. 

Agent Edward
46 minutes ago, Miss Darko said:

Oh yeah I mean that wasn't meant to be a challenge to that idea. I fully expect those to get fleshed out, but I didn't have as much to say about that. I'm curious to see how that transition is handled, whether they'll stick to the sort of satellite view that GTA V had.

I also hope that when Jason and Lucia are together in free roam we'll be able to switch between them back and forth freely, unlike when we're hanging out with the three protagonists in the previous game, as an example.

• Like 4

helloworld
2 hours ago, Agent Edward said:

I also hope that when Jason and Lucia are together in free roam we'll be able to switch between them back and forth freely, unlike when we're hanging out with the three protagonists in the previous game, as an example.

It was strange that it was not possible, considering there’s an achievement for surviving a wanted level with all three together.

• Like 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

Aquamaniac
On 3/19/2024 at 9:55 PM, Short Dawg said:

How do we even know that his name is Jason?

• Bruh 1
  • KEKW 2

Agent Edward
5 hours ago, helloworld said:

It was strange that it was not possible, considering there’s an achievement for surviving a wanted level with all three together.

Yup.

Personano
7 hours ago, Aquamaniac said:

UNNAMED MALE ACCOMPLICE

Spider-Vice
7 hours ago, Aquamaniac said:

The 2022 leaks. No they were not placeholder names as clearly Lucia is named Lucia :kekw: 

• Like 3

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

NewCrossGate

I’m telling you now Jason will be one of those white guys from the hood 

Johnb17
30 minutes ago, NewCrossGate said:

I’m telling you now Jason will be one of those white guys from the hood 

I doubt it. He’s gonna be Blue collar 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
universetwisters
On 3/22/2024 at 11:17 AM, Johnb17 said:

I doubt it. He’s gonna be Blue collar 

idk hoss, you can be blue collar and from the hood too lol. Its not like you got these white collar guys living in the hood

sTgL5iS.png

• 2 weeks later...
Cutter De Blanc

Jason's personality is right there on his bumper sticker: "Cranky Hippie"

TheHoover69
6 hours ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

Jason's personality is right there on his bumper sticker: "Cranky Hippie"

It’s an interesting peak into Jason’s personality that totally runs counter to the redneck thing that people like to attribute to him. It’s one of the things that has stuck out to me the most from the trailer.

Not only does he have the Cranky Hippie sticker, but he has one that is a peace sign with an American flag background, a Save The Bees sticker, a Say No To Nuclear Power sticker, and anti-Andrew Hope(?) stickers.

I’m willing to bet, if anything, that he may be some kind of pothead who has a laidback and chilled personality (when he’s not ruthlessly murdering his enemies and cops or committing felony armed robbery lol). And seeing that he shows off his political leanings on his car, maybe we can assume he likes to talk about politics and social issues from time to time. I wonder if that’s a part of what makes him attractive to Lucia. I think it’s also a good way of reflecting how different the two protagonists are from one another. We can see Lucia being the more hotheaded and guns blazing type, with Jason being the more cool and collected type. 

Edited by TheHoover69