Jump to content

About Lucia and Jason...


TheR3PTILE

Recommended Posts

Ser_Salty
19 minutes ago, Tracksuit Hitman said:

I sincerely hope not. Whilst Watch Dogs was a stellar game in its own right (wasn't as much a fan of the second), and Cyberpunk still blows my mind to this day, I don't fancy it in a GTA title. It just doesn't fit.

Yeah, I think the whole "Lucia is a hacker" thing was just a long game of telephone. The leaks do point to some hacking being in the game (beyond the normal amount in heists) with an extra tool for hacking into the security of high-end vehicles to steal them (can't be arsed to check what exactly it's called right now :kekw:). So it's probably just distorted information that started out as "Lucia has a hacking tool in her inventory in a leaked clip." and ended up as "Lucia is a hacker!". She could still be the more tech savvy of the two, but that probably wouldn't factor into, like, freeroam gameplay much, just the story itself.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not Strauss Zelnick

What if Jason served as a cop or in the army and has ptsd, trust issues etc.

 

  • Conspiracy! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The origin of the Lucia being a hacker thing was a very early leak from Tom Henderson who said that there's a female hacker or a hacker protagonist or something if I recall.

 

This was from the days when Henderson's info on GTA VI had a very strong whiff of reading plausible GTAF theories and reposting them as leaks, mind you.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheHoover69
2 hours ago, Ser_Salty said:

Yeah, I think the whole "Lucia is a hacker" thing was just a long game of telephone. The leaks do point to some hacking being in the game (beyond the normal amount in heists) with an extra tool for hacking into the security of high-end vehicles to steal them (can't be arsed to check what exactly it's called right now :kekw:). So it's probably just distorted information that started out as "Lucia has a hacking tool in her inventory in a leaked clip." and ended up as "Lucia is a hacker!". She could still be the more tech savvy of the two, but that probably wouldn't factor into, like, freeroam gameplay much, just the story itself.

It was immobilizer bypasses (which make an appearance in the Chop Shop DLC when doing the Duggan Robbery. It turns out they're made by Merryweather lol), which I don't think are just for high-end cars but also some mid-range stuff too possibly. There was also tracker jammers too, which could be considered a type of hacking tool. However, in the leaks it was shown that both Lucia and Jason carry those items among other things. 

 

EDIT: Since the bypasses are developed by Merryweather, most likely with the help of some technology company, I'm curious how these things end up in the hands of criminals like Lucia and Jason. Maybe the tech is easily cloned and it ends up on the black market, being purchasable through the dark net? Or I guess Lucia and Jason managed to steal their own bypasses for themselves to keep. 

Edited by TheHoover69
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Miss Darko
1 hour ago, TheHoover69 said:

EDIT: Since the bypasses are developed by Merryweather, most likely with the help of some technology company, I'm curious how these things end up in the hands of criminals like Lucia and Jason. Maybe the tech is easily cloned and it ends up on the black market, being purchasable through the dark net? Or I guess Lucia and Jason managed to steal their own bypasses for themselves to keep. 

I could see them being fairly late-game items. If the purpose is to make stealing more valuable cars easier, then that feels like much more of a meaningful upgrade if the player has to put up with the greater inconvenience for a good chunk of the game beforehand.

Edited by Miss Darko
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Johnny Blackbird
1 hour ago, Not Strauss Zelnick said:

What if Jason served as a cop or in the army and has ptsd, trust issues etc.

 

GTA fans when Jason turns out to be just a hillbilly mechanic and not a former soldier/cop/FIB or IAA agent

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ser_Salty
1 hour ago, TheHoover69 said:

It was immobilizer bypasses (which make an appearance in the Chop Shop DLC when doing the Duggan Robbery. It turns out they're made by Merryweather lol), which I don't think are just for high-end cars but also some mid-range stuff too possibly. There was also tracker jammers too, which could be considered a type of hacking tool. However, in the leaks it was shown that both Lucia and Jason carry those items among other things. 

 

EDIT: Since the bypasses are developed by Merryweather, most likely with the help of some technology company, I'm curious how these things end up in the hands of criminals like Lucia and Jason. Maybe the tech is easily cloned and it ends up on the black market, being purchasable through the dark net? Or I guess Lucia and Jason managed to steal their own bypasses for themselves to keep. 

I mean, just because Merryweather made in the Chop Shop DLC doesn't mean they're gonna remain the sole supplier or the only ones who know how to do it. Maybe we just get them from a tech guy who makes them himself.

 

19 minutes ago, Miss Darko said:

I could see them being fairly late-game items. If the purpose is to make stealing more valuable cars easier, then that feels like much more of a meaningful upgrade if the player has to put up with the greater inconvenience for a good chunk of the game beforehand.

Yeah, they're probably gonna be a mid to late game item. Maybe before we get them when stealing cars with immobilizers there's a much longer animation of manually disabling them (show the character ripping out some cables under the steering wheel or something, idk), so those higher end cars aren't as convenient to steal during a cop chase.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheHoover69
20 minutes ago, Miss Darko said:

I could see them being fairly late-game items. If the purpose is to make stealing more valuable cars easier, then that feels like much more of a meaningful upgrade if the player has to put up with the greater inconvenience for a good chunk of the game beforehand.

It's a possibility. It could be something that's given to us when we're introduced to the Port Gellhorn Car Fence. If the game starts off in PG, and the car fence is located there, then there's also a possibility it could be a somewhat early in-game acquisition. I'm also curious if these bypasses will be considered one-time use items. I feel like the leaks sorta indicated that since there was a numbered value next to these items (e.g. Immobilizer Bypass x1, Tracker Jammer x1, Auto-Dialer x1, etc). That could help with keeping the game balanced in the beginning in some way

3 minutes ago, Ser_Salty said:

Maybe we just get them from a tech guy who makes them himself.

Yeah I was thinking that the protagonists get connected to someone who sells those items or is able to provide them to us. Or maybe we steal them off other thieves who possess these bypasses. Immobilizer bypasses are easy to get in real life, in fact you can buy them off sites like Amazon lol

  • Like 2
  • YEE 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ser_Salty
5 minutes ago, TheHoover69 said:

It's a possibility. It could be something that's given to us when we're introduced to the Port Gellhorn Car Fence. If the game starts off in PG, and the car fence is located there, then there's also a possibility it could be a somewhat early in-game acquisition. I'm also curious if these bypasses will be considered one-time use items. I feel like the leaks sorta indicated that since there was a numbered value next to these items (e.g. Immobilizer Bypass x1, Tracker Jammer x1, Auto-Dialer x1, etc). That could help with keeping the game balanced in the beginning in some way

Yeah I was thinking that the protagonists get connected to someone who sells those items or is able to provide them to us. Or maybe we steal them off other thieves who possess these bypasses. Immobilizer bypasses are easy to get in real life, in fact you can buy them off sites like Amazon lol

PG Car Fence seems like a decent possibility. Them being janky home made stuff instead of something made professionally could also explain why they're one time use, because they're probably not IRL, like maybe they "burn out" or something after using them. Or maybe they are multi use, but you'd have to actually retrieve them from the car again.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Johnny Blackbird said:

GTA fans when Jason turns out to be just a hillbilly mechanic and not a former soldier/cop/FIB or IAA agent

Jason will indeed be just a hillbilly mechanic lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Whosain said:

Jason will indeed be just a hillbilly mechanic lol

Hey if that’s the case maybe it would give us some unique customization options on cars by Jason and for free.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Nyfyr said:

Hey if that’s the case maybe it would give us some unique customization options on cars by Jason and for free.

Yeah maybe also as a reward for the car parts collectibles we’ve seen in the leaks

  • Realistic Steak! 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I could imagine, that Lucia will be more of a social engineering character. Someone who lures and manipulates others. But to be critical, I don't see R* doing a gameplay mechanic out of that. She'll probably be asigned to such tasks within the story, eg. she'll either take the initiative on her own, knowing that she's better at it than Jason or Jason/other side characters such as mission givers, will nudge Lucia to do these kind of tasks. But like I have already mentioned, I imagine all that happening in cutscenes and not really as a gameplay feature, because that would be too much of an RPG direction which I would definitly like, but I can think that some ppl will despise it.

 

Maybe R* surprises us, I mean this game will need some new features to keep things fresh and innovate.

Edited by wqx
Link to comment
Share on other sites

babydracula

 

1 hour ago, wqx said:

I could imagine, that Lucia will be more of a social engineering character. Someone who lures and manipulates others. But to be critical, I don't see R* doing a gameplay mechanic out of that. She'll probably be asigned to such tasks within the story, eg. she'll either take the initiative on her own, knowing that she's better at it than Jason or Jason/other side characters such as mission givers, will nudge Lucia to do these kind of tasks. But like I have already mentioned, I imagine all that happening in cutscenes and not really as a gameplay feature, because that would be too much of an RPG direction which I would definitly like, but I can think that some ppl will despise it.

 

Maybe R* surprises us, I mean this game will need some new features to keep things fresh and innovate.

If Rockstar wanted to expand on their dialogue system from RDR2, giving Lucia dialogue options that allow her to manipulate people and talk herself into or out of certain situations would be perfect for that 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spider-Vice

I definitely think there'll be an expansion of RDR2's dialogue system so I could see tailored dialogue choices for each character being a thing, especially during missions.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Miss Darko
1 hour ago, Spider-Vice said:

I definitely think there'll be an expansion of RDR2's dialogue system so I could see tailored dialogue choices for each character being a thing, especially during missions.

Definitely hoping that when we're on a single wanted star, police will just try to pull us over and question us, but give chase if we try to speed away or take too long to comply. Ideally if we do decide to pull over, we have the option of trying to talk our way out of trouble using a similar sort of dialogue system.

 

It's kinda easy to imagine Lucia having an advantage here, either by appealing to the biases a police officer is likely to have to come across more harmless, or even active seduction, hewing to that whole femme fatale archetype. I have my issues with that archetype, though, so I'm not sure how I would feel about R* going all in on that. It's just kinda part of this narrative that men are helpless victims to the wiles of evil women. Can't say I really get that vibe from Lucia so far anyway. Though it would be kinda funny if she could just be like "I'm a woman, I can't help that I'm bad at driving and clipped your bumper," and the cop just goes "Yeah fair enough". Then one of these times you come across a cop who responds "ma'am, men and women are totally equal in driving competence" and all you can do is curse that you ran into the one non-sexist cop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Miss Darko said:

Definitely hoping that when we're on a single wanted star, police will just try to pull us over and question us, but give chase if we try to speed away or take too long to comply. Ideally if we do decide to pull over, we have the option of trying to talk our way out of trouble using a similar sort of dialogue system.

 

Yeah, for some reason that instantly reminds me of when you'd get stopped by the police in one of the Midnight Clubs, I'd love to see a feature where you get to see it from a police car dash cam perspective or something like if you hold B or whatever to change the camera around, so it's completely optional.

 

But yeah, I definitely want to see some persuasion options with whatever direction they take with the dialogue system. It's already brilliant in RDR2.

Edited by lndex
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Getzmunney
24 minutes ago, Miss Darko said:

Definitely hoping that when we're on a single wanted star, police will just try to pull us over and question us, but give chase if we try to speed away or take too long to comply. Ideally if we do decide to pull over, we have the option of trying to talk our way out of trouble using a similar sort of dialogue system.

 

It's kinda easy to imagine Lucia having an advantage here, either by appealing to the biases a police officer is likely to have to come across more harmless, or even active seduction, hewing to that whole femme fatale archetype. I have my issues with that archetype, though, so I'm not sure how I would feel about R* going all in on that. It's just kinda part of this narrative that men are helpless victims to the wiles of evil women. Can't say I really get that vibe from Lucia so far anyway. Though it would be kinda funny if she could just be like "I'm a woman, I can't help that I'm bad at driving and clipped your bumper," and the cop just goes "Yeah fair enough". Then one of these times you come across a cop who responds "ma'am, men and women are totally equal in driving competence" and all you can do is curse that you ran into the one non-sexist cop.

Sh*t like this is so amazing, that it becomes a major let down if they don’t implement it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Miss Darko said:

Definitely hoping that when we're on a single wanted star, police will just try to pull us over and question us, but give chase if we try to speed away or take too long to comply. Ideally if we do decide to pull over, we have the option of trying to talk our way out of trouble using a similar sort of dialogue system.

 

It's kinda easy to imagine Lucia having an advantage here, either by appealing to the biases a police officer is likely to have to come across more harmless, or even active seduction, hewing to that whole femme fatale archetype. I have my issues with that archetype, though, so I'm not sure how I would feel about R* going all in on that. It's just kinda part of this narrative that men are helpless victims to the wiles of evil women. Can't say I really get that vibe from Lucia so far anyway. Though it would be kinda funny if she could just be like "I'm a woman, I can't help that I'm bad at driving and clipped your bumper," and the cop just goes "Yeah fair enough". Then one of these times you come across a cop who responds "ma'am, men and women are totally equal in driving competence" and all you can do is curse that you ran into the one non-sexist cop.

This might be controversial, but what if, as Lucia, if you go for the seduction route you get 3 alternatives:

-You get a cop who will let you go because he thinks youre hot and harmless. In that case its like in RDR2 when you have to gtfo before he changes his mind.

-You get a cop who isn’t convinced and wont change his mind, in which case your scenario continues.

-You get a cop who wants to do it with you, in which case you can’t since youre with Jason, and all Lucia can do is reject or antagonize. Then you have to book it otherwise he will pull you out if the car and youre busted.

 

Remember that cops in GTA are supposed to be cartoonish a-holes, so imo these scenarios would make sense for that universe.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Miss Darko
1 hour ago, Nyfyr said:

This might be controversial, but what if, as Lucia, if you go for the seduction route you get 3 alternatives:

-You get a cop who will let you go because he thinks youre hot and harmless. In that case its like in RDR2 when you have to gtfo before he changes his mind.

-You get a cop who isn’t convinced and wont change his mind, in which case your scenario continues.

-You get a cop who wants to do it with you, in which case you can’t since youre with Jason, and all Lucia can do is reject or antagonize. Then you have to book it otherwise he will pull you out if the car and youre busted.

 

Remember that cops in GTA are supposed to be cartoonish a-holes, so imo these scenarios would make sense for that universe.

Also a scenario where the cop would prefer Jason. But yeah if that were an option I see it being a fairly high risk/reward one because you can get off scott-free if you're lucky but it can also seriously backfire.

  • KEKW 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

helloworld

.

Edited by helloworld
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Leonida Man
On 2/28/2024 at 8:17 PM, Whosain said:

Jason will indeed be just a hillbilly mechanic lol

I hope Jason's first ex-gf is his cousin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whosain

im breaking my silence holy f*cking sh*t I absolutely hate the way Jason looks in the trailer, his hair, face, body, clothes, everything.

 

Spoiler

spacer.png


Just please look at how goofy he looks in here bro the eyes the socks the stupid basic white tee that looks like play-dough,

just tbf im sure they’re still tweaking his model just judging from how much he changed, hopefully they do my man right before release 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agent Edward
3 hours ago, Whosain said:

im breaking my silence holy f*cking sh*t I absolutely hate the way Jason looks in the trailer, his hair, face, body, clothes, everything.

 

  Hide contents

spacer.png


Just please look at how goofy he looks in here bro the eyes the socks the stupid basic white tee that looks like play-dough,

just tbf im sure they’re still tweaking his model just judging from how much he changed, hopefully they do my man right before release 

I love the new version.

Edited by Agent Edward
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Leonida Man
14 hours ago, Whosain said:

im breaking my silence holy f*cking sh*t I absolutely hate the way Jason looks in the trailer, his hair, face, body, clothes, everything.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png


Just please look at how goofy he looks in here bro the eyes the socks the stupid basic white tee that looks like play-dough,

just tbf im sure they’re still tweaking his model just judging from how much he changed, hopefully they do my man right before release 

I'm not sure if it's because I got used to the leaks, but the drip he has suited him better when he was a scrawny dude :kekw:

  • YEE 2
  • KEKW 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ser_Salty
15 hours ago, Whosain said:

im breaking my silence holy f*cking sh*t I absolutely hate the way Jason looks in the trailer, his hair, face, body, clothes, everything.

 

  Hide contents

spacer.png


Just please look at how goofy he looks in here bro the eyes the socks the stupid basic white tee that looks like play-dough,

just tbf im sure they’re still tweaking his model just judging from how much he changed, hopefully they do my man right before release 

I mean, the drip is customizable, so, like, just don't give him the socks and the basic white tee, get him a haircut and/or a hat, maybe some sunglasses. Possibly a weight and muscle system might be back, so that could change the way he looks as well. It's not like this is his only look in the game lmao

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
universetwisters

Omg guys what if Lucia is supposed to be Catalina from III?

sTgL5iS.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cutter De Blanc

I feel like Jason is going to be more of the audience surrogate, reacting to the crazy things Lucia does

  • Like 2
  • Conspiracy! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheHoover69

This is how Jason met Lucia. He was just minding his own business, doing some Ubering on the side and then bam! Their worlds collided in cacophony of gunfire. They became inseparable ever since!

 

 

Edited by TheHoover69
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.