About Lucia and Jason...

TheR3PTILE

TheHoover69
8 hours ago, Agent Edward said:

I really like where this discussion is heading, it will be interesting if Jason and Lucia shares some stuff like safehouses and other things, but things like cash, weapons and vehicles should be individual in my opinion.

Well since they're a couple, I imagine the sharing of safehouses will be there. I'm not saying that it'll be mandatory, but given the nature of their relationship it makes sense that they can stay together in their safehouses if the player so chooses. Although the sharing of cash would be pretty cool, because it'd be great have them pool their money together in order to purchase big things like upscale safehouses and businesses.

We did see in the leaks they'll be able to share equipment and gear, plus consumable items as well. I don't think there was anything shown of them sharing weapons. 

Edited by TheHoover69
  • Like 3

Sharing safehouses makes the most sense out of everything, so I have no doubt that'll be the case. Money is an interesting one, though. We saw evidence of money laundering in the leaks, and I'm curious as to how that'll work (assuming it makes it to the final game, of course). I wonder if it'll be a system similar to Mafia 3 and Scarface: TWIY, where you have separate loose cash and laundered/saved cash. If that's the case, I could see the former being individual and the latter being shared. Being set in modern times also allows them to differentiate the two by what they can be used for - cash could be required for small scale and illicit transactions, whereas laundered funds could be required for large scale purchases like vehicles and high end safehouses.

Slosten.gif

universetwisters

I'm very upset they're making Jason more "mature" in the trailer compared to the leaks. I was showing my friend this news report from my town and I saw the whistleblower and thought to myself "holy crap that's Jason from the leaks"

• KEKW 1
  • KekCringe 2

sTgL5iS.png

Agent Edward
16 hours ago, TheHoover69 said:

Well since they're a couple, I imagine the sharing of safehouses will be there. I'm not saying that it'll be mandatory, but given the nature of their relationship it makes sense that they can stay together in their safehouses if the player so chooses. Although the sharing of cash would be pretty cool, because it'd be great have them pool their money together in order to purchase big things like upscale safehouses and businesses.

We did see in the leaks they'll be able to share equipment and gear, plus consumable items as well. I don't think there was anything shown of them sharing weapons. 

We'll see what's what soon then.

Väinämöinen
18 hours ago, Pat said:

I wonder if it'll be a system similar to Mafia 3 and Scarface: TWIY, where you have separate loose cash and laundered/saved cash.

Im getting so many Scarface flashbacks, that was a good game. That interact thing with bankers and drug dealers was so tricky at start, first time playing i always paid too much to the bank and with drug dealers i often messed up and it was no deal. I remember the first time i went to the "Islands" to buy big patch of coke and i messed up the deal, and i was standing quite close to the dealer and the friggin maniac pulled out a chainsaw and cut my head clean off! 🤣🤣🤣

After that i stood as far it was possible before i dealt with dealers, lesson learned.

So many good memories.

For those who didn't have the chance to play it, this was the interact meter:

spacer.png

NewCrossGate

Do you think Lucia will speak Spanish ? 

• YEE 1
  • WTF?! 1
  • KEKW 1

Dick Justice
1 hour ago, NewCrossGate said:

Sí.

Back to shared inventories:

I personally hope the two characters start with separate everything: bank accounts, personal vehicles, weapons, inventories. But as you progress through the story, Jason and Lucia grow closer and begin to share things, starting with weapons and then eventually money, homes and vehicles. The way the leaks made it seem like they have their own inventories (weapons, ammunition and items) on their person and a shared inventory which could be either in a personal vehicle or in a weapon locker at your safehouse. That way you could buy a gun as Jason, store it in your safehouse and take it as Lucia.

This kind of mechanic could annoy certain players who only want a fast-paced action game, but I think it adds value in that safehouses feel more important. It used to be a place to save your game, but with auto-save and quick-save features in V, your house was only the place where you would occasionally spawn after a character switch. This wasn't helped by your saved vehicles disappearing, which created one less reason to visit your characters' homes. 

10 hours ago, NewCrossGate said:

Lucia will speak Spanish, listen to reggaeton and dance Latin American, in intimacy she will call Jason with a Spanish nickname 💣

• Bonk! 1

Väinämöinen
6 hours ago, Milo95 said:

in intimacy she will call Jason with a Spanish nickname

Jason:

spacer.png

Trafficante

Just noticed something interesting in Americas_1 2021-12-14 19-52-44 (the motel / character switch clip).

Lucia is wearing a necklace too - a very thin one & it's kept under her top. I think there’ll be an option to hide it then.

While we’re at it, I think layering will be a thing given the fact that we can see the layout of the bra under her top.

There are also empty beer bottles & a put out cigarette on the windowsill.

And in Americas 2022-08-19 14-40-45 (Lucia at Jack of Hearts at night), if you go to 0:27s it’s confirmed we can now pick up objects like in GTA4. I know it’s been speculated but this confirms it.

Edited by Trafficante

Rockstar gives Jason, styles athletic body of starting bodybulder, he no longer looking like petite guy from the leaks. Cool

spacer.png

• Like 3

Agent Edward
7 hours ago, Antaxi said:

Rockstar gives Jason, styles athletic body of starting bodybulder, he no longer looking like petite guy from the leaks. Cool

spacer.png

I also like how Rockstar gave him hairy chest, arms and belly, showing how men really are when they're not obsessed with getting rid of every hair strand in their bodies, he also seems to prefer using a hair clipper to shave his beard instead of a razor blade.

Edited by Agent Edward
  • Like 2

Getzmunney
7 hours ago, Antaxi said:

spacer.png

Because they can be skinny, work out get in shape, or be fat. 3rd and final game of the HD era. So most customizable and immersive to date.

Agent Edward

Contrary to popular belief, I think that Lucia will actually be loyal to Jason to the very end, depending of our choices as the players of course, and that's probably what will make the GTA community love her, I can already see her saving him from a kidnapping by a rival organization or breaking him out of a prison bus, something among these lines.

23 hours ago, Agent Edward said:

Contrary to popular belief, I think that Lucia will actually be loyal to Jason to the very end, depending of our choices as the players of course, and that's probably what will make the GTA community love her, I can already see her saving him from a kidnapping by a rival organization or breaking him out of a prison bus, something among these lines.

Lucia saving Jason is something I can totally see, a courageous woman willing to risk her life to save the man she loves. Maybe we will spend some time without Lucia because she is in prison, later we will spend it without Jason because he has been kidnapped

• Like 2

To be honest I think the approach wiil be more realistical in terms of stealing. Like RDR2 realism but a little more arcade. Cause in the trailer they don't do something major they steal from shops and I think the missions will be slow paced or more anchored in reality, we already saw in the leaks that they steal from some CAFE or something like that. So I doubt the progression from stealing cars to stealing diamons/from banks will have no substantial details like GTA V. I think the plot will be more detailed than heists from GTA V.

Edited by bogdi504
  • Like 3

On 1/16/2024 at 6:05 AM, Agent Edward said:

I don't know if you people saw Manni's latest reel, but... for anyone who thinks that Lucia won't be so good fighting men in this game... you may wanna rethink your opinions from now on lol.

For the record, Jason definitely is a playable protagonist alongside Lucia, but considering that Rockstar changed his appearance quite a bit, they may have changed his name too, I'm not saying that they have, but it's a possibility, maybe his name is James now or some sh*t.

Changing a main character's name that late in development isn't really realistic. He must still be called Jason.

Edited by vovov
rephrasing

NewCrossGate

Do you think Lucia’s hair will blow in the wind when she’s driving a convertible or riding a motorcycle without a helmet? 

• Like 1

TheZireael
2 hours ago, NewCrossGate said:

Do you think Lucia’s hair will blow in the wind when she’s driving a convertible or riding a motorcycle without a helmet? 

I think it will, we can see a lot of hair movement in the trailer.

• Like 3

I really don't like Jason face, he seems kinda dull. I hope they change it later the same way they did with Arthur from RDR2 and Michael from GTA V.

Johnny Blackbird
43 minutes ago, bogdi504 said:

I really don't like Jason face, he seems kinda dull. I hope they change it later the same way they did with Arthur from RDR2 and Michael from GTA V.

We just have to wait for trailer #3 for the Jason's face final form:sadkek:

Jason after R* finally managed to get him to their liking

spacer.png

Edited by wqx
  • KEKW 4

NewCrossGate

I am convinced at some point in the story Lucia & Jason get married and the wedding for whatever reason transcends into a massive shoot out. 

Spider-Vice
2 hours ago, rjmthe2nd said:

We can post leaked content now?

I remember I was banned for posting a pic of Jason from the leak

No, we cannot, and people are starting to get a bit too comfy. Please avoid it.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

Collibosher
1 hour ago, NewCrossGate said:

I am convinced at some point in the story Lucia & Jason get married and the wedding for whatever reason transcends into a massive shoot out. 

Gee I wonder what R* is gonna name that mission...

2 minutes ago, Collibosher said:

Happy ending

NewCrossGate
6 minutes ago, Collibosher said:

The clue is in the artwork they just put up for the Valentines GTA Online update :conspiracy:

Trafficante
9 minutes ago, Collibosher said:

Wedding Crashers :kekw:

• KEKW 3

cousinletsgobowling
8 hours ago, NewCrossGate said:

Like in Kill Bill when the Deadly Viper assassination squad massacre the people at the wedding. Hmmm. Could the game start like that? 

Edited by cousinletsgobowling

One of Wisemen
8 hours ago, NewCrossGate said:

6 hours ago, Collibosher said:

Has to be named and played out like this:

spacer.png