Jump to content

About Lucia and Jason...


TheR3PTILE

Recommended Posts

ValScrimbly

I doubt they'd change his name given it was already in text in multiple spots throughout the leaks. Never spoken, but I feel like they already had most of the lines recorded for it. NPCs and main characters. That'd be a decent bit of rerecording just for a name change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agent Edward
3 hours ago, ValerianMoog said:

I doubt they'd change his name given it was already in text in multiple spots throughout the leaks. Never spoken, but I feel like they already had most of the lines recorded for it. NPCs and main characters. That'd be a decent bit of rerecording just for a name change.

Perhaps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FadeAwayIII

Contrary to what most here believe, I think Lucia is the more seasoned criminal. 
If the theory about the ankle monitor being a device to lock parts of the map turns out to be true, it would make more sense to have her come out of prison at the beginning of the story. 
Doesn‘t mean Jason necessarily has a white vest when they meet but I doubt it‘s a story about an innocent girl’s moral decay. 

Edited by FadeAwayIII
Typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agent Edward
28 minutes ago, FadeAwayIII said:

Contrary to what most here believe, I think Lucia is the more seasoned criminal. 
If the theory about the ankle monitor being a device to lock parts of the map turns out to be true, it would make more sense to have her come out of prison at the beginning of the story. 
Doesn‘t mean Jason necessarily has a white vest when they meet but I doubt it‘s a story about an innocent girl’s moral decay. 

Either that or we'll play as both of them from the very beginning, but we won't be allowed to go to other towns outside of Port Gellhorn playing as Lucia, having to switch to Jason to explore the entire state while she is in this situation, just for immersion purposes.

 

It would be interesting for Rockstar to use this approach because it would please both kinds of players at the same time:

 

1- The ones who want to unlock other parts of the state throughout the story like in GTA4 (playing as Lucia);

 

2- The ones who want the entire state open from the very beginning like in GTA5 (playing as Jason).

 

It's a win-win situation.

Edited by Agent Edward
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/14/2024 at 7:57 AM, Agent Edward said:

I just found it strange that Lucia would be interested in such cars, a muscle pickup, it looked more like Jason's thing to me, maybe the Tulip is hers and she loses it when she gets arrested or something.

Why did do you find it strange that Lucia would be interested in muscle cars or muscle trucks or cars in general?

Edited by JE77
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Love Lucia 🥰

  • Bonk! 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agent Edward
13 hours ago, JE77 said:

Why did do you find it strange that Lucia would be interested in muscle cars or muscle trucks or cars in general?

Not muscle cars, muscle trucks, because she don't look like the type of woman who carries a lot of stuff, make deliveries or something to need a vehicle with a bed, not even Franklin and Michael had one.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trafficante

What if that red Tulip J&L are seen escaping after the robbery is a borrowed Wyman’s ride?

 

He seems like the guy we’d know from the get go & he’s collecting car parts too.

 

It could be the case that J&L need a fast ride for their first score, something “untraceable” & cheap that’ll get the job done from a trusted source.

 

It makes sense to steal an engine or some parts so he can fix us a ride pronto & that ends the collectibles tutorial. After that we can search for other car parts for Wyman so that he can a) sell the cars to us for less or b) offer us some unique vehicle(s), etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheHoover69
1 hour ago, Trafficante said:

What if that red Tulip J&L are seen escaping after the robbery is a borrowed Wyman’s ride?

 

He seems like the guy we’d know from the get go & he’s collecting car parts too.

 

It could be the case that J&L need a fast ride for their first score, something “untraceable” & cheap that’ll get the job done from a trusted source.

 

It makes sense to steal an engine or some parts so he can fix us a ride pronto & that ends the collectibles tutorial. After that we can search for other car parts for Wyman so that he can a) sell the cars to us for less or b) offer us some unique vehicle(s), etc.

Gives me Drive vibes, makes me wonder if Wyman and Jason will have a similar working relationship as the Driver and Shannon from that film. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agent Edward
1 hour ago, TheHoover69 said:

Gives me Drive vibes, makes me wonder if Wyman and Jason will have a similar working relationship as the Driver and Shannon from that film. 

Jason and Wyman's relationship will be like Niko and Brucie's more or less, but without much of the "boss" theme to it I think.

  • Conspiracy! 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheHoover69
33 minutes ago, Agent Edward said:

Jason and Wyman's relationship will be like Niko and Brucie's more or less, but without much of the "boss" theme to it I think.

We've gone from steroid junkies to conspiracy theorists lol

  • KEKW 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agent Edward
6 minutes ago, TheHoover69 said:

We've gone from steroid junkies to conspiracy theorists lol

Less boring I'd say, a mix of Brucie and Ron lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

VercettiGuy

I'm wondering if they already know each other. My current guess would be "yes".

 

I believe the "trust" thing from the trailer will be a huge part of the story. Lucia seems to really find a liking in being this high-life VC criminal, probably also being posted on social media.

 

I'm guessing that just isn't Jason's thing and he'd rather keep a low-profile, especially considering Lucia just got out of prison.

 

It'll lead to a point where she's just gone off the rails and he can't control it anymore, she won't listen, she gets high on this life. The trust has been broken and he leaves her alone on this self-destructive path she's on.

 

In the end they'll reunite, but I don't know how. But I'd bet my car that all of the above will happen exactly like I wrote.

Edited by VercettiGuy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agent Edward
37 minutes ago, VercettiGuy said:

I'm wondering if they already know each other. My current guess would be "yes".

 

I believe the "trust" thing from the trailer will be a huge part of the story. Lucia seems to really find a liking in being this high-life VC criminal, probably also being posted on social media.

 

I'm guessing that just isn't Jason's thing and he'd rather keep a low-profile, especially considering Lucia just got out of prison.

 

It'll lead to a point where she's just gone off the rails and he can't control it anymore, she won't listen, she gets high on this life. The trust has been broken and he leaves her alone on this self-destructive path she's on.

 

In the end they'll reunite, but I don't know how. But I'd bet my car that all of the above will happen exactly like I wrote.

It would be easier for both of them to just create a OnlyFans account then, a lot of fame, easy money and no heat lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, VercettiGuy said:

Mi chiedo se si conoscono già. La mia ipotesi attuale sarebbe "sì".

 

Credo che il concetto di "fiducia" del trailer sarà una parte importante della storia. Lucia sembra trovare davvero una simpatia nell'essere questa criminale di VC di alto livello, probabilmente anche pubblicata sui social media.

 

Immagino che questo non sia il genere di Jason e preferirebbe mantenere un profilo basso, soprattutto considerando che Lucia è appena uscita di prigione.

 

Condurrà a un punto in cui lei è semplicemente andata fuori dai binari e lui non può più controllarlo, lei non ascolterà, si sballerà con questa vita. La fiducia è stata infranta e lui la lascia sola nel suo percorso autodistruttivo.

 

Alla fine si riuniranno, ma non so come. Ma scommetterei la mia macchina che tutto quanto sopra accadrà esattamente come ho scritto.

I agree , 100%, I add that the theme of "betrayal" will be there, but not as many think, that one of the two will betray the other for the sake of it or because is an undercover cop , but Jason will probably betray Lucia to save her life, to stop her, I think she will start to make many enemies who will want her dead, Jason will do it because he loves her. Mark my words

 

I add that in the finale they will probably get back together and she will admit that she has made mistakes, whether they die or not we will have to wait for R*'s decision....

Edited by Milo95
Link to comment
Share on other sites

killahmatic
3 hours ago, Milo95 said:

I add that the theme of "betrayal" will be there, but not as many think, that one of the two will betray the other for the sake of it or because is an undercover cop

 

Shortly after V came out and we got used to having three protagonists, I had the thought of the next GTA having just two. One criminal, one cop. I always thought it'd be a great dynamic. Some missions would be crime, and some would be law enforcement, and at some point missions would happen where both characters show up to the same thing. Of course, Jason does bare the resemblance of what you'd expect a corrupt cop to look like in a Hollywood movie. But I think if they did do something like that, he wouldn't be undercover. I think it would be known information to Lucia and to the player, as it would benefit the story more overall seeing it get messier and messier for him. 

 

But yeah, that's just my imagination. In reality, I don't think they went that route at all. But there will definitely be a point where they clash. The "trust" scene is clearly foreshadowing that. Now the question for us is, how does it fall apart, will they be able to keep it together, and what choices might the player have in determining the outcome. 

 

Edited by killahmatic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, killahmatic said:

 

Poco dopo l'uscita di V e quando ci siamo abituati ad avere tre protagonisti, ho pensato che il prossimo GTA ne avesse solo due. Un criminale, un poliziotto. Ho sempre pensato che sarebbe stata una grande dinamica. Alcune missioni sarebbero criminali, altre sarebbero forze dell'ordine, e ad un certo punto si verificherebbero missioni in cui entrambi i personaggi si presentano nella stessa cosa. Ovviamente, Jason mostra la somiglianza con quello che ti aspetteresti da un poliziotto corrotto in un film di Hollywood. Ma penso che se facessero una cosa del genere, non sarebbe sotto copertura. Penso che sarebbe un'informazione nota a Lucia e al giocatore, poiché gioverebbe maggiormente alla storia vedendola diventare sempre più disordinata per lui. 

 

Ma sì, è solo la mia immaginazione. In realtà, non credo che abbiano seguito affatto quella strada. Ma ci sarà sicuramente un punto in cui si scontreranno. La scena della “fiducia” lo prefigura chiaramente. Ora la domanda per noi è: come fa a crollare, saranno in grado di tenerlo insieme e quali scelte potrebbe avere il giocatore nel determinare il risultato. 

 

I would actually like the cop theory very much, but I would find it difficult to manage, I mean that I don't think it's normal for a cop to go around the street hitting pedestrians or shooting civilians. Maybe it's more likely that he's an ex-military (the buzzcut, the watch), but I think in the end he will simply be a criminal with a tough past.
I think the scene of “trust” will not be at the beginning of the story but in the middle, where things have already become a mess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Niko ball-ic

The theory that Jason isn’t playable is definitely cap but I can see why you thought that, but when you look at the leaks it’s clear that he is meant to be playable, maybe they made a last minute change but the story wouldn’t be that good just as lucia

Link to comment
Share on other sites

AfroUchiha
2 hours ago, Niko ball-ic said:

The theory that Jason isn’t playable is definitely cap but I can see why you thought that, but when you look at the leaks it’s clear that he is meant to be playable, maybe they made a last minute change but the story wouldn’t be that good just as lucia

He and Lucia are the only characters that appear multiple times in the trailer and together. He's obviously the protagonist.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agent Edward

It's strange how no John Marston fan noticed that Jason has the correct dark brown hair color that John should've had in RDR2's epilogue yet. :sadkek:

Edited by Agent Edward
  • YEE 1
  • KEKW 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ValScrimbly

Just 2 protagonists makes sense to me when you look at it from a "testing the waters" standpoint. Where V was seeing how people would like and deal with switching between 3. VI bumping it down to 2 both due to feedback over the years and so they could test giving the other character commands, like in that diner clip from the leaks.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agent Edward
1 hour ago, ValerianMoog said:

Just 2 protagonists makes sense to me when you look at it from a "testing the waters" standpoint. Where V was seeing how people would like and deal with switching between 3. VI bumping it down to 2 both due to feedback over the years and so they could test giving the other character commands, like in that diner clip from the leaks.

It's also a good thing when we consider that we have 1 less character to manage his/her shooting, piloting and other abilities too. Having to do the Ammu-Nation, Flight School and other trainings 3 times each in GTA5 was a pain in the ass, now it's only 2 times each.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

NewCrossGate
2 hours ago, ValerianMoog said:

Just 2 protagonists makes sense to me when you look at it from a "testing the waters" standpoint. Where V was seeing how people would like and deal with switching between 3. VI bumping it down to 2 both due to feedback over the years and so they could test giving the other character commands, like in that diner clip from the leaks.


Agreed. Having 3 playable characters was complete overkill if you ask me. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agent Edward
18 minutes ago, NewCrossGate said:


Agreed. Having 3 playable characters was complete overkill if you ask me. 

Yeah, 2 is the perfect amount of protagonists, specially in this case where a female protagonist will be a thing for the first time ever (don't someone mention GTA1, GTA2 or whatever, they don't really count), so still having a male protagonist as a "backup" is the best and safest thing to do in Rockstar's position. More than 2 protagonists is a overkill, like you said, so ffs Rockstar, don't kill them to replace them with someone else, keep this protagonists gotta die trend in RDR.

Edited by Agent Edward
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Two protagonists in a romantic relationship also means they can keep it focused to one story without sacrificing anything, versus V where we essentially played three separate stories that were condensed to an extreme degree so that they could be combined into one. People keep trying to find evidence of a hidden third character in VI and I really don't understand why.

 

As the old saying goes: two's company, three's a crowd.

Edited by Pat
  • Like 10

Slosten.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dick Justice
1 hour ago, Pat said:

Two protagonists in a romantic relationship also means they can keep it focused to one story without sacrificing anything, versus V where we essentially played three separate stories that were condensed to an extreme degree so that they could be combined into one. People keep trying to find evidence of a hidden third character in VI and I really don't understand why.

 

As the old saying goes: two's company, three's a crowd.

On top of this, Jason and Lucia being in a relationship means they're more likely to share things; personal vehicles, weapons, money, etc. In V it felt like you were progressing 3 separate characters at once and it messed with the pacing of the game. If you bought a rocket launcher for Michael, only Michael had a rocket launcher. VI will try to blur that line where it feels like both characters are benefitting no matter who the player is controlling at the time. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Dick Justice said:

On top of this, Jason and Lucia being in a relationship means they're more likely to share things; personal vehicles, weapons, money, etc. 

I didn't mention this previously, but I don't really like the idea of them sharing a personal vehicle because I expect them to still have separate lives, just not to the same extent as V's trio. I'm sure we're going to see some Strangers & Freaks missions that are exclusive to Jason and others that are exclusive to Lucia, as well as potential character exclusive collectibles like the car parts for Wyman likely being exclusive to Jason, and I'm left wondering what one character will be doing to pass the time while I'm controlling the other. We might have some sort of companion system like they intended to feature in RDR2, where gang members could've accompanied Arthur during free roam, but even if that's the case I'm sure there will still be plenty of instances where Jason and Lucia are separated into two different places on the map.

 

It presents two possibilities: either the idle character has just spent the past however many hours sitting in a chair at the safe house staring at a wall, or they're out and about exploring the city, but in either case they're left without a vehicle of their own. In the latter case, there's a question of how they even got there in the first place. Yeah I know, it's Grand Theft Auto so they could have just stolen a car, but I'm not fond of the idea of characters committing significant crimes during their idle, non-player-controlled moments (and I do think car theft is going to be treated more seriously this time around, based on what we saw in the leaks). I suppose you could say they used the ingame equivalent of Uber, but then you're still forced to steal a car as soon as you switch to them. I know I'm probably the exception, but I like how in V, I'm not forced to break the law if I'm just casually exploring the world (with the exception of Trevor's scripted police chases, which were a pain in the ass), and I want that even moreso in VI because I'm expecting a much more intricate simulation. When I'm controlling one character and I'm off doing my own thing, I want to feel like the other character is simultaneously doing their own thing, but maintaining a low profile in the process and saving the action for when I'm in control.

 

It's also a matter of not interrupting the flow of gameplay. Giving both characters their own PV means I can switch on the fly without feeling like I'm inconvenienced by Jason having the car when I want to play as Lucia, for example. This would be especially frustrating if there's some kind of inventory system involving vehicle trunks, which I believe we saw indications of in the leaks but I might be confusing that with pure speculation. I do agree that we will likely see most things being shared between them, but I strongly feel they should each have their own individual vehicle.

Edited by Pat
  • Like 2

Slosten.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dick Justice
1 hour ago, Pat said:

I didn't mention this previously, but I don't really like the idea of them sharing a personal vehicle because I expect them to still have separate lives, just not to the same extent as V's trio. I'm sure we're going to see some Strangers & Freaks missions that are exclusive to Jason and others that are exclusive to Lucia, as well as potential character exclusive collectibles like the car parts for Wyman likely being exclusive to Jason, and I'm left wondering what one character will be doing to pass the time while I'm controlling the other. We might have some sort of companion system like they intended to feature in RDR2, where gang members could've accompanied Arthur during free roam, but even if that's the case I'm sure there will still be plenty of instances where Jason and Lucia are separated into two different places on the map.

 

It presents two possibilities: either the idle character has just spent the past however many hours sitting in a chair at the safe house staring at a wall, or they're out and about exploring the city, but in either case they're left without a vehicle of their own. In the latter case, there's a question of how they even got there in the first place. Yeah I know, it's Grand Theft Auto so they could have just stolen a car, but I'm not fond of the idea of characters committing significant crimes during their idle, non-player-controlled moments (and I do think car theft is going to be treated more seriously this time around, based on what we saw in the leaks). I suppose you could say they used the ingame equivalent of Uber, but then you're still forced to steal a car as soon as you switch to them. I know I'm probably the exception, but I like how in V, I'm not forced to break the law if I'm just casually exploring the world (with the exception of Trevor's scripted police chases, which were a pain in the ass), and I want that even moreso in VI because I'm expecting a much more intricate simulation. When I'm controlling one character and I'm off doing my own thing, I want to feel like the other character is simultaneously doing their own thing, but maintaining a low profile in the process and saving the action for when I'm in control.

 

It's also a matter of not interrupting the flow of gameplay. Giving both characters their own PV means I can switch on the fly without feeling like I'm inconvenienced by Jason having the car when I want to play as Lucia, for example. This would be especially frustrating if there's some kind of inventory system involving vehicle trunks, which I believe we saw indications of in the leaks but I might be confusing that with pure speculation. I do agree that we will likely see most things being shared between them, but I strongly feel they should each have their own individual vehicle.

I know what you mean, what I was suggesting was more me banking on the idea that the characters will have a host of personal vehicles that they share, like how Arthur can own more than one horse. At a garage or safehouse, you can assign the Tulip to Jason as his PV, but Lucia still has her own car and has access to Jason's car if she wants it. It's just a matter of juggling vehicles where, in this scenario, if Lucia has Jason's Tulip, he'll have a different car if you switch to him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fair point, that makes a lot more sense and I should've considered it. Truthfully, I'm conflicted on whether or not I'd want a system like that. I've been a huge proponent of the idea of being able to choose our PVs, but it's always been under the assumption that we'd still be limited to one at a time. I feel like that's a more appropriate fit for the more realistic angle they seemed to be targeting in the leaks, but even as someone that would like them to go in that direction, I still admit having a collection of vehicles would be far better for actual gameplay.

 

Maybe we could start out the early game limited to one PV at a time, and unlock a collection system similar to RDR2's stables with some kind of delivery service once we've progressed far enough to be in the empire building portion of the game. That feels like a decent balance to me. I wouldn't want to start the game with it, though; I'd want to feel like I had to earn it.

  • Like 1

Slosten.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agent Edward

I really like where this discussion is heading, it will be interesting if Jason and Lucia shares some stuff like safehouses and other things, but things like cash, weapons and vehicles should be individual in my opinion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.