About Lucia and Jason...

TheR3PTILE

Valiant ENT CEO
4 minutes ago, motomami said:

I don't see what them having a child would add to the story to be honest. Maybe if they were older it would make sense, but they looked pretty young.

Because that baby would be the protag for GTA7: Project Americas cause that sh*t won't release for at least 18 years.

3 minutes ago, Officer Friendly said:

No please, I dont want to watch a telenovela. Thank you.

Well, them being happily in love throughout the whole thing would be very boring for me personally. There needs to be some sort of tension.

Spoiler

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, motomami said:

I don't see what them having a child would add to the story to be honest. Maybe if they were older it would make sense, but they looked pretty young.

I’m 25 with 2 kids and my little sister is 20 with 4 lol. A lot of us get started young😂

16 minutes ago, Retro_Causality said:

might be 4 protagonists based on the leaked videos

it showed names

Lucia, Jason, Billy, Kai?

Wait, where did you see the other two?

1 minute ago, REVENGE777 said:

Wait, where did you see the other two?

I could share the video but I think the message at the top of forum says we ain't allowed. So you gonna have to take it on my word. In the hour plus leaks, I did saw some testing with a black person. But the testing was not in the open world (but rather a testing area where Jason is also seen being tested for his crouching animation) so maybe he's not a protagonist. Also there is a lot of debug messages on the screen and some of the names mentioned in previous posts do appear in those debug messages but they could be story characters, not necessarily playable characters.

4 minutes ago, Ryo256 said:

I could share the video but I think the message at the top of forum says we ain't allowed. So you gonna have to take it on my word. In the hour plus leaks, I did saw some testing with a black person. But the testing was not in the open world (but rather a testing area where Jason is also seen being tested for his crouching animation) so maybe he's not a protagonist. Also there is a lot of debug messages on the screen and some of the names mentioned in previous posts do appear in those debug messages but they could be story characters, not necessarily playable characters.

Also he had a weapon in hand and on his back similar to Lucia and Jason in a couple clips. And he seemed a bit more detailed than the peds and cops too so perhaps he will also be a main character. I hope so cause I really liked his look.

9 minutes ago, Ryo256 said:

I saw that, where the dude was twisting all up. I honestly thought it was just a test for NPC’s. Do you remember which clip showed the names? If I knew what to look for I could find it myself, I just can’t look through the hour long footage at the moment lol

37 minutes ago, motomami said:

Well, them being happily in love throughout the whole thing would be very boring for me personally. There needs to be some sort of tension.

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

Romantic drama annoys the hell out of me if it's done poorly. And like someone else mentioned,  I'd like this duo to be good with each other throughout the game. We got enough of protagonists being snippy with each other back in V.

6 minutes ago, REVENGE777 said:

I saw that, where the dude was twisting all up. I honestly thought it was just a test for NPC’s. Do you remember which clip showed the names? If I knew what to look for I could find it myself, I just can’t look through the hour long footage at the moment lol

I wouldn't lose sleep on it but quite frankly, out of all the chaos that was happening, I didn't even saw Jason's name in the debugging messages until it was pointed out by other people lol. However I feel like it could be the scene where the hilbillies were talking to each other and I think one of them might been Billy but that's a guess. Another guess might be the nightclub footage. There is also a possibilty that the names are given to peds so the scene where the thug breaks stealth or one where Jason/Lucia are attacking peds while on foot. The name could have appeared in those parts.

But it is hard to say that any of those names belong to a protagonist or not. So I wouldn't really care much tbh. But I do understand where people might be getting the idea from.

Edited by Ryo256

I think that the people might have got the protag names from the GTA 6 source code that was leaked. Would think it would be in there with model names assigned to commands and script actions.

Edited by SeberHusky

8 minutes ago, REVENGE777 said:

I think it's either a gang ped or one of the mission characters. The debug text says that it uses gang walkstyle animations and the main characters all have their own animations called player_zero anim, etc.

Edited by Gravarty
  • Realistic Steak! 2

Retro_Causality
10 minutes ago, Gravarty said:

I think it's either a gang ped or one of the mission characters. The debug text says that it uses gang walkstyle animations and the main characters all have their own animations called player_zero anim, etc.

Yeah I think it’s only Jason and Lucia 

CarcerCityMadMan
31 minutes ago, Retro_Causality said:

Yeah I think it’s only Jason and Lucia 

The footage of carrying a body shows a female that im not sure is Lucia. She seems more African American looking and it says player in the corner so dk.

Edited by CarcerCityMadMan
  • Like 2

Retro_Causality
4 minutes ago, CarcerCityMadMan said:

The footage of carrying a body shows a female that im not sure is Lucia. She seems more African American looking and it says player in the corner so dk.

Online?

Best solution when it comes to their relation would be a player's choice how it would develop during the game, maybe they start as friends, grew up in foster home or something along those lines, then there is a choice, they remain friends, fwb, something more serious, etc. But if that's the case game will turn out to be like some rpg like Mass Effect series where outcome of character relationship is determined by dialogue choices, it would be strange for a GTA game.

user posted image

1 hour ago, Retro_Causality said:

might be 4 protagonists based on the leaked videos

it showed names

Lucia, Jason, Billy, Kai?

I wouldn't put it past Rockstar to kill Jason and Lucia and have us continue as Billy and Kai (who we likely are introduced to at some point in the game) after the game is over.

Realllllllly hope it's not just down to two protags. 

The coolest thing about conquering boredom in V is switching between dynamically different characters and everything gets fresh again. RDR2 didn't suffer from this need as everything was so slow and deliberate. I'm not entirely convinced only two characters are enough for a high paced action game such as this. Here's to hoping there are more. 

Edited by Adrenalist

CarcerCityMadMan
1 hour ago, Retro_Causality said:

Online?

Its 1 of the clips shows a body being carried by what looks like a darker skinned woman. Could be some kind of feature where you can tan tho so idk what to make of it tbh.

Retro_Causality
1 minute ago, CarcerCityMadMan said:

Its 1 of the clips shows a body being carried by what looks like a darker skinned woman. Could be some kind of feature where you can tan tho so idk what to make of it tbh.

yeah i saw it...its odd but there was another "NPC" that looked just like her, complete copy

i think R* development tools allow them to control a NPC for testing purposes i assume?

3 hours ago, REVENGE777 said:

spacer.png

Online…that thing with the flying motorcycle and orbital laser canon…so GTA…

3 hours ago, HamwithCheese said:

It's a smart move to be honest. You know they'll have metrics as to who was played the most and I know she'll be the most popular.

With that a$$ maybe. But it’s obviously a political decision 

3 hours ago, Ryo256 said:

It clearly is an excuse.

Question is, will it be the scenario where they might spin gold out of this excuse or it is gonna be one of those situations where it fall flat on its face because it was imagined for the wrong reasons. Time will tell I suppose. 

Personally, I want to see R* take on a GTA female protagonist before dissing it. 

I suppose Rockstar are the ones to handle this. Really would have loved to hear the cries of the left though had it just been three dudes again! Lol 

3 minutes ago, Cheatz/Trickz said:

Online…that thing with the flying motorcycle and orbital laser canon…so GTA…

I don’t really get what makes it not “gta” thought. The games are always inspired by pop culture and and real life crimes. So movies like HEAT and boyz in tha hood are fine but Bonnie and Clyde is somehow too far? That’s nonsense, dude.

2 minutes ago, REVENGE777 said:

I don’t really get what makes it not “gta” thought. The games are always inspired by pop culture and and real life crimes. So movies like HEAT and boyz in tha hood are fine but Bonnie and Clyde is somehow too far? That’s nonsense, dude.

It seems more like the theme for a period romantic drama than a GTA game

Edited by Cheatz/Trickz

Just now, Cheatz/Trickz said:

I Really would have loved to hear the cries of the left though had it just been three dudes again!

So you’re already looking at this from a political disposition, which, frankly, is the dumbest thing you can do when trying to look at the artistic merit of something. Not only does it do a disservice to art and the artist but also to yourself.

1 minute ago, REVENGE777 said:

So you’re already looking at this from a political disposition, which, frankly, is the dumbest thing you can do when trying to look at the artistic merit of something. Not only does it do a disservice to art and the artist but also to yourself.

Looking at political things politically is dumb? 

Just now, Cheatz/Trickz said:

It seems more like some a theme for a period romantic drama than a GTA game

Bonnie and Clyde happened during the prohibition/mobster era tho, and people wouldn’t argue about that time period being “Un-gta”. It’s only because there’s a female protagonist that people are trippin out.

1 minute ago, Cheatz/Trickz said:

Looking at political things politically is dumb? 

How is having a Bonnie and Clyde duo in anyway political? Maybe if you stretch and warp it to fit whatever narrative you want, then I guess so. But I don’t agree at all. Were black protagonists like Franklin and CJ inherently political?