Jump to content

About Lucia and Jason...


TheR3PTILE

Recommended Posts

The leak and gameplay is allowing a lot of people to come up with different campaign ending and Im going to stop reading lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zello said:

I just hope they get involved with drugs. If the story doesn't touch drug dealing I'm going to be disappointed.

For real, this shouldn't be another heist theme, but building drug empire and other businesses like in vc and vcs. Looking at these characters and what has been mentioned in that leak some months ago about bonny and clyde, i just don't see it being about drugs and smuggling. It would be better if they are relatives or something, if they are romantically involved and underdog outlaws against the world it's gonna get cringy. Of course i could be wrong as we barely know anything about playable characters. If game is not focused on building large organization like cartel it's gonna be missed opportunity. 

user posted image
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Zello said:

I just hope they get involved with drugs. If the story doesn't touch drug dealing I'm going to be disappointed.

Nah bro it's time for heists. It's been a decade since we had a GTA focused on heists.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

Nah bro it's time for heists. It's been a decade since we had a GTA focused on heists.

🤢🤢🤢

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Like I said in another thread, Lucia can easily be a Griselda Blanco aka Black Widow of Miami. Ruthless, dangerous and a powerful woman. So much potential. I have a feeling this is going to be a rags to riches storyline where the duo slowly runs VC. And I’m glad she Latina, especially considering the setting(Vice City). Hope she Cuban, Colombian or Venezuelan. Like I said before Im liking Lucia more than Jason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Patrizio said:

The story can be predictable but most stories are the same. As long as theirs involves criminals and some form of rising to the top I'm on board.

 

No more rags to better rags or riches to... (Michael), rags to rags (Trevor), or ragsRICHES (Franklin).

 

Give us a feeling of progression and that old GTA feeling back.

Yeah sometimes the best stories can be the most familiar. I'm actually really hoping for not only the return of character switching but the addition of two player co-op as well.

 

Also I'll gues they're going to go for Lucia being Cuban within the giving setting now despite predictability. I know the actress is Puerto Rican.. pero like, she got to be Cuban riiiight?

user posted image
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Asisvénia said:

I missed that stressful moments and dialogues that we were having with Italian and Russian families.

 

I've been reading about the russian mafia in US a couple months ago, about their structure, their thief in law's, about Evsei Agron, Vladimir Reznikov, Marat Balagula, the Lucchese family, the Shulaya enterprise and so on. Really sets the mood for a dark story unlike V. Pretty much all happened in Hove Beach, Liberty City. Now with VI confirmed being in Vice City, oh, how would i love if GTA VII was set in 80's Liberty City. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Retro_Causality

how complete are their models do you think.....are they placeholders? early? or do you think this is what they will most likely look like?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Retro_Causality said:

how complete are their models do you think.....are they placeholders? early? or do you think this is what they will most likely look like?

I would say right now they're Franklin level or a little above. Probably like Luis and Gay Tony were in GTA IV 👍

user posted image
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Retro_Causality
2 minutes ago, Phil McCrevis said:

I would say right now they're Franklin level or a little above. Probably like Luis and Gay Tony were in GTA IV 👍

so these are not just placeholders, these are what they will look like at least?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Retro_Causality said:

how complete are their models do you think.....are they placeholders? early? or do you think this is what they will most likely look like?

this is what I thought when I initially saw them as well.

could be totally different looking by the time the game releases, but I think the core concept of the protagonists will be the same. a white male & hispanic female.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Retro_Causality
2 minutes ago, testarossa 86 said:

this is what I thought when I initially saw them as well.

could be totally different looking by the time the game releases, but I think the core concept of the protagonists will be the same. a white male & hispanic female.

they seem too detailed though for that.....hard to see a complete change

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Retro_Causality said:

so these are not just placeholders, these are what they will look like at least?

 

Just now, testarossa 86 said:

this is what I thought when I initially saw them as well.

could be totally different looking by the time the game releases, but I think the core concept of the protagonists will be the same. a white male & hispanic female.

Lucia facially and... physically resembles her actress but the model seems low poly for todays consoles at least. Best way I can describe it is they look like notable npcs.

  • Like 1
user posted image
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Retro_Causality
Just now, Phil McCrevis said:

 

Lucia facially and... physically resembles her actress but the model seems low poly for todays consoles at least. Best way I can describe it is they look like notable npcs.

yeah she does look like her actress which means that Jason looks like his presumably

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Phil McCrevis said:

 

Lucia facially and... physically resembles her actress but the model seems low poly for todays consoles at least. Best way I can describe it is they look like notable npcs.

Well judging from the rest of the material, everything in those dev builds seems quite toned down in visual fidelity. They are testing game functions after all, don't need to have super high fidelity graphics until the game ships.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Retro_Causality said:

they seem too detailed though for that.....hard to see a complete change

only reason why I thought this was some bits and pieces of the footage shows Lucia having a very cartoon-y like face. almost looks like a NPC level of detail face. but who knows.

Jason's face within the footage is way more detailed than Lucia.

I don't think there will be a drastic change at all, just minor things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Retro_Causality said:

yeah she does look like her actress which means that Jason looks like his presumably

Alexandra seems pretty active on social media and actually gave away her role several months ago. I know she's done VO but not sure if she's been in games before. Whoever Jason is this probably isnt his first rodeo and somebody definitely knows who he is for sure. With men you can throw people off just by giving/growing some face hair.

user posted image
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Wurmy said:

Well judging from the rest of the material, everything in those dev builds seems quite toned down in visual fidelity. They are testing game functions after all, don't need to have super high fidelity graphics until the game ships.

yeah, that's another thing everything within the build is already toned down so it doesn't really do us any good discussing the level of detail the protagonists have, or anything else for that matter.

it's obvious the game's NPCs, textures, etc will most likely be reminiscent of RDR2 quality or higher.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

She's also done theatre work with Cali Elizabeth Moore, I believe, so no doubt R* picked her up. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by DEADWOODZ
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also I'm pretty sure someone has said this already but I really hope the pair of them really enjoy each other's company whilst playing the game. Something like Kendl and Cesar's relationship. It would be a welcome break from the bickering of V.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Retro_Causality

does anyone find it odd though that Rockstar is doing another redneck after Trevor

 

i mean Jason will probably be a great character, and I am excited for him as R* is one of the best in biz at character development, but it seems odd that they would do that archtype again after V

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Retro_Causality said:

they seem too detailed though for that.....hard to see a complete change

There's already customization you can see Jason rocking a short cut, a mullet and his hillbilly attire I also saw different shirts on him. I'm not sure how easy it would be to implement these features for generic NPCs. And why go through all the trouble? Unless they were different models since you can't really see the face in the non-hillbilly ones but both of the others ones were blonde and you could see the male character's side profile in one of them and it matched up with Jason decently, IIRC.

 

24 minutes ago, testarossa 86 said:

only reason why I thought this was some bits and pieces of the footage shows Lucia having a very cartoon-y like face. almost looks like a NPC level of detail face. but who knows.

Jason's face within the footage is way more detailed than Lucia.

I don't think there will be a drastic change at all, just minor things.

I think she only looks cartoony in the makeup one. She looks more like a human in the non-makeup ones.

Edited by 54137845213
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Retro_Causality said:

does anyone find it odd though that Rockstar is doing another redneck after Trevor

 

i mean Jason will probably be a great character, and I am excited for him as R* is one of the best in biz at character development, but it seems odd that they would do that archtype again after V

I think Jason is a redneck who isn't as accepting of his circumstance. I had mentioned the possibility of the two protags getting involved to help their family out of a jam and I think perhaps the "conspiracy nut" may be his brother. In contrast to somebody like Roman he seems to be doing really well for himself. I think he played his way up the ladder and possibly pissed some powerful people off and will probably play the comedic buddy role filled by Lamar and them constantly dogging on his position in life despite being a pretender of lower intellect. 

 

Running with my theory I'd say Lucia is probably a daddy's girl. Big fish comes in and threatens her father a small business owner and she goes to bat for him in a big way using some of the skills that he may have thought her. Its cliche to the max but this is Rockstar and we know that in video games all bad bitches learned everything from daddy.

user posted image
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Retro_Causality
4 minutes ago, Phil McCrevis said:

I think Jason is a redneck who isn't as accepting of his circumstance. I had mentioned the possibility of the two protags getting involved to help their family out of a jam and I think perhaps the "conspiracy nut" may be his brother. In contrast to somebody like Roman he seems to be doing really well for himself. I think he played his way up the ladder and possibly pissed some powerful people off and will probably play the comedic buddy role filled by Lamar and them constantly dogging on his position in life despite being a pretender of lower intellect. 

 

Running with my theory I'd say Lucia is probably a daddy's girl. Big fish comes in and threatens her father a small business owner and she goes to bat for him in a big way using some of the skills that he may have thought her. Its cliche to the max but this is Rockstar and we know that in video games all bad bitches learned everything from daddy.

he seems to be a mechanic possibly i feel

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Retro_Causality said:

does anyone find it odd though that Rockstar is doing another redneck after Trevor

 

i mean Jason will probably be a great character, and I am excited for him as R* is one of the best in biz at character development, but it seems odd that they would do that archtype again after V

I'm not sure if Trevor is considered as a redneck.

he may come across as one from where he lives and how he looks (dirty).

but as for a true redneck, he's not from the south nor does he have the same upbringing as one.

he's Canadian after all.

Jason and his background may be way more relatable to that of a "redneck".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Black-Dragon96
5 hours ago, Saygus said:

 

Actually yes we had, with Vic Vance :p

Well we dont know about his past. Only that he dislikes drugs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Retro_Causality said:

he seems to be a mechanic possibly i feel

Yeah he's been giving me major Tatum/Walker vibes since I seen him. He seems like a cold foil to Lucie's erratic underbelly. She seem like a hot head.

user posted image
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Retro_Causality said:

does anyone find it odd though that Rockstar is doing another redneck after Trevor

 

i mean Jason will probably be a great character, and I am excited for him as R* is one of the best in biz at character development, but it seems odd that they would do that archtype again after V

It is a bit odd, but considering the setting, multiple protagonists and the fact that the other games set in VC didn't have redneck protagonists, having a "florida redneck" protagonist is almost unavoidable at this point. It is a trope, but I don't think R* wants to make another Trevor. Hes probably going to be significantly less crazy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 3 Users Currently Viewing
    2 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

    • hehnl
    • TheZireael
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.