About Lucia and Jason...

TheR3PTILE

What kind of characters do you think they'll be? We already know they are a couple, or at least become a couple at some point. I think they will have an "Us vs the World" mentality and be a lot less calculated than previous protagonists. It seems like they'll probably be petty criminals, at least at the start (which obviously isn't uncommon for Rockstar.) I feel like they'll be the type of characters that are always really eager to grab whatever they can get their hands on. Pulling over on the side of the road and doing a smash and grab on a pawn shop on a whim won't be too surprising to see from these two. They seem like they'll do whatever they can to make a buck.

The diner robbery definitely reminded me of the robbery scene in Pulp Fiction with the couple. I'm definitely interested in seeing how their dynamic plays out.

Edited by TheR3PTILE
a word

universetwisters

I get BOBBIE JO AND THE OUTLAW vibes from the two of them. Maybe Jason is the more experienced criminal and Lucia joins him to get out of her crappy job? I dunno.

sTgL5iS.png

9 minutes ago, universetwisters said:

Maybe Jason is the more experienced criminal and Lucia joins him to get out of her crappy job?

I'm with you on this. Although I have a feeling calling Jason "experienced" is probably gonna be a bit generous. They both look pretty young to me and he definitely doesn't look like a career criminal, not a successful one at least. I hope we get to see how he and Lucia got involved with each other. I wonder which one we'll start as..?

• Like 3

universetwisters
4 minutes ago, TheR3PTILE said:

I'm with you on this. Although I have a feeling calling Jason "experienced" is probably gonna be a bit generous. They both look pretty young to me and he definitely doesn't look like a career criminal, not a successful one at least. I hope we get to see how he and Lucia got involved with each other. I wonder which one we'll start as..?

“Experienced” as in “already doing crime”. Lucia’s probably more of a noob when it comes to crime.

That being said, Jason’s probably who you start off as

• KekCringe 2

sTgL5iS.png

Black-Dragon96

As I said in the other topic, Jasons face looked a bit like he is a relative of Nico Bellic.

@Krauub

Sorry I was not able to read your reply to that post.

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1

I'm guessing Jason is meant to represent the rural areas of Florida and Lucia represents Vice City itself. In terms of personality, my guess is that Jason is a redneck. Based on how young he looks, I could see him having some juvenile tendencies as well. Perhaps he's brash and somewhat careless, but not unhinged like Trevor. My guess on Lucia is that she will feel like a mix of Sadie and Catalina. She's witty and level-headed, in contrast to Jason, who's more reckless.

I do hope that the pair actually likes each other throughout the story, would be such a relief from all of V's bickering.

universetwisters

Oh no I found Jason’s evil twin

sTgL5iS.png

11 minutes ago, Yes420 said:

I’m really excited about this dynamic. It will be interesting to see how r* handles the romance aspect of the game.

It seems like the love stories in Rockstar games are usually just side arcs but it'll be interesting to see this one front and center. I wonder if one will betray the other, in true Rockstar fashion.

• Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

Jason and Lucia

😭

5 minutes ago, TheR3PTILE said:

I wonder if one will betray the other, in true Rockstar fashion.

Maybe, but they already explored this dynamic with Claude and Catalina so they might not be willing to repeat this. 

• Like 2

Just now, hernos2 said:

I think Lucia some way will be dead in story.Like Arthur morgan died in RDR2 and we remain as John Marston.

I could definitely see the possibility of losing one of them and only being able to play with the surviving character after the story. Maybe you'd be able to decide which one lives?

3 minutes ago, hernos2 said:

I think Lucia some way will be dead in story.Like Arthur morgan died in RDR2 and we remain as John Marston.

or one of them end up in prison for life.

TheOriginalGunslinger
29 minutes ago, Yes420 said:

I’m really excited about this dynamic. It will be interesting to see how r* handles the romance aspect of the game.

I expect arguments and making up. It’s going to be interesting to see what Rockstar cooks up in that aspect

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger

universetwisters
14 minutes ago, MyCousin said:

Where is this info on them being a couple coming from?

The article from Bloomberg a month or so ago iirc

OT - Jason looks like the kind of guy who would get a giant hole in his cheek by the time he’s 35 because of all the skoal he chews 

• KEKW 2

sTgL5iS.png

5 hours ago, babydracula said:

I'm guessing Jason is meant to represent the rural areas of Florida and Lucia represents Vice City itself. In terms of personality, my guess is that Jason is a redneck. Based on how young he looks, I could see him having some juvenile tendencies as well. Perhaps he's brash and somewhat careless, but not unhinged like Trevor. My guess on Lucia is that she will feel like a mix of Sadie and Catalina. She's witty and level-headed, in contrast to Jason, who's more reckless.

I do hope that the pair actually likes each other throughout the story, would be such a relief from all of V's bickering.

This is my feeling as well with Lucia being the more level headed one. Judging from the longer clip in the restaurant with Jason just rambling and shouting around.

I also think we might start off with Lucia who gets roped into the world of crime somehow and then has a run in with Jason. Mostly because a fall from grace is more interesting than just being a criminal right from the start.

Edited by Wurmy

I think you can probably link the pairing to any male/female road movie/stick up duo like Mickey & Mallory, Tim Roth & Hunny Bunny, Jlo & George Clooney etc. Jason kind of give me Channon Tamtum vibes. Hick Hunk/Hunk Hick which way ever you want to put it.

• Like 2
user posted image

Reddy_Dufresne
2 hours ago, TheR3PTILE said:

What kind of characters do you think they'll be? We already know they are a couple, or at least become a couple at some point. I think they will have an "Us vs the World" mentality and be a lot less calculated than previous protagonists. It seems like they'll probably be petty criminals, at least at the start (which obviously isn't uncommon for Rockstar.) I feel like they'll be the type of characters that are always really eager to grab whatever they can get their hands on. Pulling over on the side of the road and doing a smash and grab on a pawn shop on a whim won't be too surprising to see from these two. They seem like they'll do whatever they can to make a buck.

The diner robbery definitely reminded me of the robbery scene in Pulp Fiction with the couple. I'm definitely interested in seeing how their dynamic plays out.

imagine an easter egg where Jules and Vicent are some of the hostages in that waffle house and they're wearing those colorful tshirts

I get an addict vibe from them which would certainly darken the tone and would make for a compelling story. Crashing in cheap motels, stealing money for drugs until they sober up with some... uh white collar crime instead.

Edited by Charlie111
grammar boy!

Lucia gives me Catalina vibes (tough and no nonsense) Jason on the other hand looks he's drumming for Blink 182. Doesnt give me GTA vibes. I can see her working for cartels but not him. Hopefully his style is just a placeholder.

I'm curious about the "shared" weapon system though.

5 minutes ago, Patrizio said:

Lucia gives me Catalina vibes (tough and no nonsense) Jason on the other hand looks he's drumming for Blink 182. Doesnt give me GTA vibes. I can see her working for cartels but not him. Hopefully his style is just a placeholder.

I'm curious about the "shared" weapon system though.

he’s a country boy. Probably works as a part time mechanic, also probably has a bad suboxone habit lol. I think he fits considering he’s from rural Florida, most likely. Idk what other looks would fit fit him.

2 minutes ago, REVENGE777 said:

he’s a country boy. Probably works as a part time mechanic, also probably has a bad suboxone habit lol. I think he fits considering he’s from rural Florida, most likely. Idk what other looks would fit fit him.

Fair enough. From that perspective it makes sense. I just hope they work with criminals and begin to build something.

They already give a different vibe from the trio of V and I believe they will feel fresh.